The Marauder's Soulmate

By Sleepyfanfic

On every witch and wizard's 16th birthday a soul mark is placed on their skin to show who their soulmates are... More

Introuduction
Chapter 1- A Purple Marble
Chapter 3- A Full Moon
Chapter 4- A Strange Place
Characters.02
Chapter 5- A Traitor
Characters.03
Chapter 6- A Origin
Chapter 7- A Sleepover?
Chapter 8- Can't or Won't?
Chapter 9- The Reveal Part 1
Chapter 10- The Reveal Part 2
Chapter 11- Izzy the Elve

Chapter 2- A Birthday to Remember

3.8K 136 103
By Sleepyfanfic

Warnings: Mentions of SA ( * this simple will say when it starts and ends)

________________________________

"Happy birthday sleepyhead" Regulus says waking me up and I smile tiredly looking up at him "what time is it?" I ask yawning it was still dark outside but I could see it was becoming light.

"It's 6 am we should head back before the teachers begin the next patrol " he says and I nod "sorry for falling asleep" I yawn again and he smiles "I did too now come on let me get up" he says gently pushing me off and I laugh dramatically falling onto the dusty wooden floor.

I watch him get up amused by my behavior as he offers out a hand.

As I take it my sleeve rolls up my arm making his eyes instantly search my right wrist and I follow.

Soulmate marks will always appear on the wrist of the hand you cast spells with.

"I told you they are rare now anyway" I shrug pulling myself up forcing a smile trying to hide the sadness of not seeing a soulmates mark "plus I'm a mud blood as mama puts it I don't deserve soulmates they say we are the reasons for soulmates disappearing right?"

Even if I did have them they would reject me on the spot.

No one would want a dirty mudblood.

"Hey" Regulus says grabbing my shoulders "what did I say?" he asks angrily hating whenever I call myself that "Reg" I say sadly and he sighs pulling me to his arms "don't ever talk about yourself like that remember the promise I made to you?" he asks pulling me back and looking down at me.

"That if I brought ice cream to every meet up you would always read me a story?" I ask and he grins "not that one" he chuckles.

"As soon as we leave this school I'm kidnapping you away from that manor okay? We will both leave those people behind and then if we don't meet anyone by the time we are 30 we will marry each other" he says seriously that I can't help but smile at that.

"Reg you're not even 16 yet you may get your mark at the end of this year" I remind him but he shakes his head before wiping the invisible dust off his trousers which is something he does when he doesn't want to speak about something.

"You ready to head back?" he asks and I nod pulling out my wand feeling sad that I won't get to see him again for another week "happy birthday little purple" he says pecking my forehead before stepping back and starting the change.

I watch him as he changes a lot smoother than I can ever do, he never having problems when changing into his animagus.

"Lucky" I mumble watching him as he looks back at me waiting so I nod stroking his head first before opening the window in the tower but he looks at me expectantly always making sure my change goes smoothly before leaving.

I failed 16 times while learning having to go back to the beginning every time.

The worst part for me was during the training you need to be able to hide a leaf under your tongue for 4 weeks but I swallowed it at least 8 times.

Being able to change into your animagus is extremely difficult. It has taken me till last year to finally grasp it and even then it's not perfect and I still need to hold my wand for the change unlike Regulus who can do it with no problems.

Regulus got it in the fourth year like always he beat me at everything but neither of us would have been able to learn it without Professor McGonagall's help.

She caught us so many times trying to sneak out understanding our predicament of having to hide our friendship. At first Regulus didn't trust her but one day when I had a panic attack in the second year after a prefect tried forcing me to the lunch hall she had become someone I trusted very much.

In the third year she offered to train me and Regulus under the promise to sign up to the ministry as soon as we leave school.

She understood why we couldn't sign up now with how our parents are.

And now the rest is history.

Regulus animagus is a crow that Professor McGonagall says is rare.

Regulus starts pecking the table at my spacing out to regain my attention and I give him an apologizing smile as I do a little spell with my wand to help with my transformation. It's not perfect but I change getting smaller and smaller when I transform into my own.

I already know Regulus is grinning at my forum when he nods a goodbye before flying out of the window.

I watch in awe that he can get to fly like that without a broom.

If I had wings I think I would fly away and never come back.

I begin to stretch my paws out in front of me shaking my black fur as I mewl before jumping up and opening the door quickly looking into the mirror on the other side of the room.

My purple eyes stare back at me standing out in my black coat I pout at my still small size I still remember my reaction the first time after transforming.

"So I'm a kitten?" I ask confused disappointed even "not even a cat but a kitten?"

Is it because of how little magic I have that I can't even get the cat?

"Your not cat or kitten you just have so much growing to do yet" Professor says using her magic to mark through hundreds of term papers "so much growing? So as I age ill turn into a cat?" I ask and she looks up at me her glasses hanging on the middle of her nose as she does "your not listening Iris I said you are not a cat you are at a baby stage of your animagus" she tries to explain.

"Because I'm not strong enough?"

"If you weren't strong enough you would never have been able to get your animagus dear" she says getting up "your animagus will grow with your confidence my dear you'll see"

___________________

I tippy tap around the stone paths no one was around in the castle yet or less they were teachers but most think I am a stray or a pet of one of the students.

I jump making sure not to step on any of the cracks in the pavement not wanting to die.

Am I the only one who does this?

Like you can't help but challenge yourself believing if you don't complete the challenge some invisible force would take you away?

Like if you don't make it upstairs within 10 seconds of turning the light something will grab you?

I tippy tap around the corner but my hair stands up as I see Dumbledore with his back to me as I see Professor McGonagall whispering in what looked to be a heated argument "they are just children I know you think this idea of an order will-" she stops when she spots me and sighs.

"I must meet with Slughorn for the next patrol as I am late" she says going to walk off "this is important the sooner we help in the war the better I know they are children but-" Dumbledore goes to argue but Proffesor McGongall cuts him off walking towards my way ignoring Dumbledore.

"I do hope no one is sneaking out right now. It would be a shame for a student to get detention especially if it was there birthday" she whispers looking at me making me scurry off around the hall until I get back to my room.

I look at the time seeing it was only 6.25 am and decided to get another couple of hours of sleep in the same forum since it was excuhasting to change back and fourth.

I jump up on my bed wrapping in a circle as I finally fall back to sleep.

_________________________

When I next wake it was 8 am meaning I only had an hour till first period. I shift back whining a little in pain when I hear a knock at the door I knew who it was "come in" I say and Professor Mcgonall comes in with breakfast "I would say good morning but it seems you were already up" she says raising an eyebrow at me as I stretch again frowning as my back just wouldn't click right "sorry professor we both feel asleep" I say knowing the rules of the agreement.

No staying out all night and no funny business.

She sighs but nods "well I guess it is your birthday so I guess I can let you off" she says making me beam getting up as I go to my breakfast "thank you! Sorry it won't happen again!"

Any time soon anyway.

She lifts her eyebrow like she didn't believe me "oh yes before I forget" she says throwing me a little present and I barely catch it "professor" I go to argue but one look at her has me shutting my mouth.

Everyone knew better then to argue with her.

"Good now go on open it" she says and I start undoing the wrapping paper gently since I always stick a bit of it in my memory book when I see a small velvet box I open it.

My eyes begin to water as I see a little silver bracelet "really? for me to keep forever?" I ask in awe at the little cat simple in the middle of the chain "oh child of course forever it's your present" she says and I can't help but wrap my arms around her not caring if it wasn't allowed "thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It's the best present ever! I will forever cherish it!"

She laughs patting my back "you say that every year" she points out as I take a step back placing it on my wrist having to down my arm around to do up the clip "it's because every year they get better-" I freeze "w-what? it's not possible" I ask looking at the three marks on my arm that weren't there before.

It has to be a prank.

Three?

How is it even possible?

"Looks like you got three soulmates Miss Iris" Professor smiles happily but I shake my head stepping back as panic fills my stomach "no this morning they weren't there it makes no sense-"

"Soulmate marks show at the hour you were born at, it just means you probably were born later on this morning" she explains and I nod slowly the panic falling "but three?" I ask with a frown.

"Yes a very long time ago there was another of four just having more then one is rare doesn't mean its impossible" she says and I slowly nod taking in the three marks.

One looks like stag ears, another a paw print, and the third a circle looking like a full moon.

"Do you know who they belong to?" I ask hopefully not able to hide my hopefulness "I'm afraid i'm not allowed to say Iris you know it's up to the marks when you meet it will be fate" she says with a big smile on her face telling me whoever it was she liked them but just because she liked them doesn't mean they will like me.

What if they hate mudbloods?

What if they hate my purple eyes like everyone else?

"I don't want to meet them" I mumble and her eyes soften "what if they hate me or " I stop.

What if they reject me?

One reject is supposed to be the most painful thing but three?

Would I even survive it?

"Dear you will see everything will be fine now come on you must eat before or you'll be late for the first lesson" she says looking apologetic that she had to leave but I knew she had her own class to get to so I nod smiling grateful for her.

Mama has always understandably hated me but professor has never treated me like a bother.

I would never tell her but sometimes I wished she was my mum instead.

____________________

I get to Professor Sprout's class in time just making it in as I make it to my seat as the class doors open I see Professor walk in with a large plant in his hands speaking to it as he walks to the front of the class placing it on the desk so everyone can see it.

"Morning class" he says with a smile looking around to make sure everyone is here when the door knocks and in walks one of the famous four.

The one Marauder I have meet before.

Peter Pettigrew.

Professor Sprout frown but smiles shaking his head not letting a late student bring his mood down.

It was known that he and the other Professor Sprout recently had a baby girl and he has been boosting.

Peter smiles at me sitting down I watch as he pulls out his book and my purple pen.

I try not to pout looking longingly at my pen that I dearly have missed since my fourth year.

The pen was a birthday gift from my dad. It was all I got that year and it had magic to make sure the ink would never run out.

Peter had approached me one day awkwardly but I wasn't used to other students approaching me so soon as he opened his mouth saying he need to ask me something I threw the pen at him and ran away.

It was fluffy at the top with a gem so I don't know why he kept it but I wish he would give it back as my dad had to sneak that to me behind mama's back and I promised to look after it.

Now I have to watch him smell my scented bomb fire night smell fluffy pen.

It was my favorite scent in the whole world and dad knew that when he found it for me.

Even though Peter was a Griffindor I heard that Professor. Sprout couldn't handle the four of them together so he and the three others were divided into different classes to try and not get them to mess around together.

"Who knows this plant?" Professor begins his lesson and I find myself begrudgingly looking to the front telling myself today is the day.

Today I ask for my pen back.

_____________________________-

As the bell gets up I stand up quickly knowing Peter normally runs out of the class this being one of the reasons why I have never been able to ask for it back.

Like normal Peter gets his bag running out making Professor sigh but I run right after him not caring about the mumbles of annoyance from my partner for knocking over their bottle "excuse me" I try to shout but it comes out little as I quickly speed behind him people look at me weird making me feel less confident about confronting him but I still follow.

He gotta stop at some point right?

When he turns a corner where fewer students where I feel my legs about to give up under me.

Why couldn't I just shout out then he would know I was trying to speak to him.

Why do I have to be scared of what others think?

I stop leaning my back on a wall to catch my breath as I watch him disappear down the hall in a rush.

No one knows much about the popular friend group other than they used to bully other students up to last year when they all seemed to stop.

No one knows why but now when people see them they are always rushing around.

I take a few deep breaths never one to come this far in the castle.

I gotta get to next lesson which is Magical Creatures with Proffesor Kettleburn which class I always loved.

Its probably my favorite.

As I go to turn back to the way I came I freeze up when I begin hearingcrying from across the hall in the girl's bathroom "please!" I hear a girl beg and my stomach drops as boy laughter follows.

Not just any laughter.

I would recognize it from anywhere.

My feet move on their own before I even think about it as I open the door it slams loudly making me jump as my eyes widen at the scene in front of me.

*

My brother's best friend 'Mulciber II' they call him was holding a girl's arms above her head as she was crying at him kissing her neck "Mulciber" I hear one of the Slytherins say as two of Mulciber's friends were standing there watching it happen "ah if it isn't my favorite mudblood" Mulciber grins as he looks back giving the girl some distance but still holding her "l-let her go" I try to find my voice but it comes out weak as always.

"Why? She is another mud blood and you know how much I love to mess with mudbloods" he says tilting his head mockingly at me "are you being jealous? You know how much I love our easter holidays together"

The girl looks at me worriedly as she tried to push his hold of her but he slams her back causing her to let out a cry "please" I whisper and I see something shift in his eyes "oh you know how much I love that word" he grins slickly looking back at the girl "sorry dear my favorite mudblood came we will have to play later" he says pulling her away from the wall and throwing her to the ground making me grab my wand almost dropping it by my shaking.

*

Two of his friends hold up their wands to be ready to hit me if I dare cast anything but Mulciber chuckles "don't worry boys she Snapes sister she wouldn't dare hurt us would you sweetheart?" he says walking towards me without a care in the world.

"I was hoping I would see you today your 16 today isn't it? Remember what your mother promised me?" he says both his friend's eyes on me I watch as the girl slowly crawls to her own wand.

"On your birthday if you have no-"

"Expulso!" the girl says and the two friends go flying into a wall with a bright blue flash but Mulciber was quick pulling out his wand and about to shout something when I realise she wouldn't be able to defend herself.

"Confringo" I say signing my death warrant as I point to a pipe under the sink closet to him and watch as it explodes the water hitting him causing him to drop his wand so the girl does the same spell on him watching him fly in one of the stalls when we hear splash I go and look seeing him passed out on the floor next to his toilet one of his legs in it.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" the girl who I now see is a Griffindor attacks me in a hug making my eyes widen "you were so cool coming in bravely like that! I don't know what would have happened if you didn't-" she rambles on.

"Me? Brave?" I whisper confused and she pulls back giving me a big smile her tears no longer "I'm Mary! Mary Macdonald yes kind of like the food branch everyone takes the mickey out of me for that but hey at least I'm loving it padadada" she sings the last bit and I look at her confused.

"Are you serious?" she asks in a loud gasp "you never heard of maccys? what in a merlin! Everyone has heard or tried the muggles fast food restaurant well if you are to call it a restaurant like I said it is more fast food and all-" she says before pausing double looking me over "omg it's you!" she all of a sudden gasps again and my heart falls knowing what was coming.

The purple-eyed freak.

The most hated mud blood.

"You are the one who helped Longbotto-" she paused as we heard one of the guys begin to groan she gives me apologetic smile grabbing my hand "come" she says pulling me out of the bathroom "James spoke of you! he was looking everywhere for you but we had never seen the purple eye beauty before! We all thought he was going crazy!" she beams "beauty?" I whisper again frowning.

Is she being sarcastic?

She looks at my frown but as she goes to reply she looks behind me as one of my marks begins to burn.

No.

This can't be happening.

I should have never come down this far.

"Mary!" I hear a girl's voice "we were so worried we all went round to look for you when you didn't come to the meeting spot-"

"Guys come and look at who I found! this girl just saved me-" she begins to say but as I hear the footsteps get close I took off knowing one of my soulmates was behind me.

I can't face being rejected.

I just can't... even if I don't deserve them.

"Hey! wait!" I hear a male voice I would have recognized if I wasn't too busy running away.

I run back up the stairs past loads of students almost bumping into them as my eyes me with Regulus his eyes widen in concern but I carry on wishing I could hide behind him but no one could know of our friendship so I carry on until I find an empty classroom closing the door quickly I look for another way out but realize I am screwed.

I should have gone up another flight of stairs "James did you find her? Alice went and Frank are searching the higher floor" I hear the maccys girl as I begin to freak out.

"No you go down that way ill search this way" he says and I open a cupboard to see potions everywhere there really is nowhere to hide.

He will find me, reject me then they will all go celebrate at this restaurant thingy.

Think, think, think.

I look around seeing a shelf a little bit hidden underneath in the wall.

"It's too bad I can't fit in there" I mumble to myself then my cat forum comes into my mind "yes thats it!" I say a little too loudly that I hear a movement seize next door and realised I messed up.

I take a deep breath shutting my eyes as I hear steps coming to this class I grab my wand as I transform worrying it won't be quick enough but as the door opens I hide thankful for my small frame.

Please be no spiders in here.

"Purple-eyed girl?" I hear James ask looking around I thank Merlin when I notice he left the door wide open.

It's a perfect chance to escape.

"I just want to speak to you" he says softly that if I was in my witch forum I would've scoffed.

I hear him near the cupboard on the other side of the room and decided to take that opportunity to leg it.

I poke my head out but let out a scared hiss when I get lifted up out of nowhere.

"Hey little kitty tricked you there didn't I?" I hear James asks but I refuse to open my eyes not wanting him to see the purple eyes but does it even matter?

The sparks fly everywhere as he holds me so I know he knew it was me so instead I hiss at him.

"It's okay" he says "I wish I could accept you but can't while you are in an animagus forum" he says making my eyes widen.

Will he report me now? Is he lying to get me to turn so he can reject me?

But he just smiles "there your eyes are they kept me up all night they are so beautiful how come not more people know about you? We thought you might be like us since your mark is a purple-like claw-"

"Mr. Potter what are you doing in my classroom?" Professor Slughorn our potions teacher asks annoyed looking at me "and what are you doing bothering a cat?"

"Sorry sir I wish just looking for my-" as he turns his head I bite his hand causing him to drop me in a yelp as I begin running down the hall.

"Merlin dammit" he says as I hear him run out of the classroom after me ignoring Slughorns yelling.

"James what in Merlin are you doing?" I hear someone ask and as I look up I see another Gryffindor.

He was beautiful as well with long black hair, and tall with grey piercing eyes.

Another mark begins to burn as I recognize him as Sirius Black of all people looking around confused as I manage to pass him quickly enough "stop that cat it's her!" he says sounding crazy as I see Professor McGonagall coming down the hall her next eyes falling to me concern in her stare before looking at the two behind me "Mr. Potter and Mr. Black what have I said about you running in the halls?"

"Minny you don't understand! she-she she might be our soulmate" I hear him whisper when suddenly I let out another afaird hiss as I feel claws pick me up I look up seeing a crow and I let out a relieved sigh when I knew it was Regulus.

Either that or I just became a crow food.

"No! Let her go!" I hear James shout as Regulus carries me out of a window "Mr. Potter put your wand away your not hurting a bird"

"You don't understand Minny!" I hear him panic "well then it looks like you just lost your soulmate" I hear Professor McGonagall say amused acting like she didn't believe him when I knew for a fact she knew.

If they are two of my soulmates then who the hell is the third?

Picture of Regulus saving Iris.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

665 7 33
Severus loves Lilly, Raven loves James. The marauders friended Raven, Lilly friended Severus. The Potters death took its toll on Raven and Severus...
155K 4.2K 94
"Thank you." "For what?" "Being there for me." "Like I said, I'll be by your side for eternity." โ€ขMarauders era โ€ขWhen Talea Lupin transferres to Hog...
60 0 6
Soulmate marks were a hit or miss within the magical world - some people had them, some didn't, but no two looked the same. Sirius and Remus don't ha...
9.5K 141 18
You know him better than anyone. He's your best friend for almost 5 years now. However what happens when you realise you have feelings for him? Does...