A Single Kiss (UNDER REVISION)

Von BarbzzyBooks

"He'll never embrace you the way I do." he murmured into my ear, his voice trailing away. I tensed as his war... Mehr

~ Summer of 2002 ~
Chapter one - High School
Chapter two ~ Mixed Emotions.
Chapter three ~ Party.
Chapter four ~ Blood Shed Tears.
Chapter five ~ Hospital
Chapter six ~ Confusion
Chapter seven ~ Missing
Chapter eight ~ Bleeding Heart
Chapter nine ~ Perfectly Destroyed
Note from Author!!!! ^_^
Part Two of Kismet Affection....
Chapter ten ~ Fresh Start
Chapter eleven ~ New Feelings
Chapter twelve ~ Secret Ocean.
Chapter thirteen ~ Like the wind
Chapter fourteen - Confrontation
Chapter fifteen ~ Rebirth
Chapter sixteen ~ Melody (part one)
Chapter sixteen ~ Melody (part 2)
Chapter seventeen ~ Sunrise
Comment Love...
Chapter eighteen ~ Race Me
Chapter nineteen ~ Fully Alive.
Chapter twenty ~ Night out (Part One)
Chapter 21 ~ Farewell
Chapter 22 ~ Mother's Return
Chapter 23 ~ Uninvited
Chapter 24 ~ Old Times
Chapter 25 - Proof
Story update.
Chapter 26 - A single Kiss
Chapter 27 ~ Dreams of Long Ago

Chapter 20 - Night out (Part 2)

122 2 2
Von BarbzzyBooks

“We ready to go.” Cam asked. He pushed off the wall he was leaning on and walked towards the door. I stood where I was admiring Suri’s beauty. This girl never fails to impress me. Her beauty is like sunrays touching my heart.   

Rachel nodded with an animated expression and took Nick’s hand. “Let’s go.” She said eagerly. “I want to dance my butt off” She chuckled, pulling Nick out the doorway.

I reached out my hand for Suri to escort her out like the sweet man I am. Suri smiled but the smile did not quite touch her eyes. I wondered what is going on in that mind of hers. She glanced over to David and pulled him to a stop.

 “Uhh, can I speak to you really quick?” I whispered to David when everyone began to fill out.

“Sure.” David agreed looking between the both of us.

 “I’ll meet you outside in sec.” She told me with a weak smile. I simply nodded and let go of her hand. I headed for the door and closed it behind me.

I was tempted to listen but I didn’t want to seem intrusive on their conversation. Instead, I forced myself to walk away a little annoyed. Since David has gotten here, Suri has been acting different. I wonder what he is brainwashing in her head. After all, he is Derek’s brother and for that, I can’t let me guard down for a second.

Five minutes had passed and Suri still hadn’t came out. What could possible taking them so long? I would give her one more minute before I went bargaining in there. Suddenly, I wished someone would punch me in the face. I sounded pathetic and over protective. Suri is not even my girlfriend.

I sighed when she and David finally came out. She tossed the keys to David and headed over to me. I wonder what so important that she couldn’t say in front of me. Although I completely trust Suri but for some reason she is giving me strange doubts. She could still, deep down in her heart, have feelings for Derek. Perhaps I am over thinking this situation. Derek is a lover who broke her heart and thinks he can control the actions around her obliviously. It is like she is his puppet and he can play with her whenever he wants too.

Not while I am around. Derek can’t have Suri anymore. He lost his chance.

I hid my new frustrations, and put on a happy expression. I didn’t need Suri to worry. I smiled as she bounced joyful over to my car with a huge smile plastered on her face. Her long dark brown hair fell down in waves. She wore short whites dress with a light blue, jean jacket vest over and black high heel boots. Man, did she look stunning. I appraised from head too, admiring her natural beauty.

“What?” she said with a grin.

“I can’t get over how beautiful you look.” I complimented as opened the door for her. I could feel the heat coming out and I knew she was cold since she didn’t bring a jacket.

“You can thank me.” I heard Rachel in the back say. I smirked at Suri’s reaction as she climbed into the front seat. “Don’t play.” Rachel laughed poking her.

Suri rolled her eyes, flipping the stray away hairs from her face. “Thank you.” She winked.

 “Where is your coat?” I asked before closing the door.

“Are you crazy? We are going out and beside, if my sister was here and she saw that I brought a coat . . .” She trailed off, shaking her head with a smile before closing the door.

I walked around before stopping in place. David was jogging from his car to mine. “Hey can I talk to you for a sec.” David asked.

I looked back at the car. There was music already blasting from the stereo and loud laughter coming from the car. I don’t think they’d notice the hold up. “Yeah man, what’s up?” I said looking back at him and putting my hands in my pocket.

“Look, I haven’t been the best company all day but, thank you really.” David said sincerely.

“For what exactly?” I crossed my arms around my chest. I made a promise to myself. I won’t let my guard down.

“Well for being there for Suri when no couldn’t. I see how much she enjoys being around you and I haven’t seen that joy since. . . just thank you.”

I nodded looking back at my car where Suri sat warming up and waiting for me.

“Just promise you won’t hurt her. She has been through enough pain and I don’t want see her go back through that again.” David said, pulling my attention back to him. His arms were crossed and he stood tall this time.

Fury crossed my face and I couldn’t believe what he was telling me. “How many times do I have to explain to you? I’m not the bad guy here. I am not the one who hurt her. If anything, you should go tell that to your lame brother.” I shot at him. We were inches apart with both of our arms crossed.

David tense to the mentioning of his brother. He revert his gaze elsewhere and avoided my hard stare. What is it with this dude? Jeeze.

“He’s barely my brother anymore. Let’s just say things changed in the past two years.” David spoke through his teeth. We stood there quiet for a moment. Anger was changing in his expression and I knew the problem between him, and his brother was deep.

However, I was speechless. I did not expect David to react that way towards Derek. Clearly, there was some unexplained hatred going between them. Yet again, I don’t care what their issues are. They were not my problem. Suri was my only concern.

“Look, I don’t know if Derek will be there. She doesn’t want to see him either. I just have one question.” He said looking back at me.

“What?” I said.

“Has Derek given you any trouble?”

 “As regarding Suri, than yes he has.” I said shaking my head.

David rolled his eye, taking deep breath. “Don’t worry about him tonight.”

“Ha.” I said humorlessly. “Not likely David. When you are not around, I have too. So I am not letting my guard down. He can’t have Suri, not anymore.” I patted his shoulder and turned for the car. I was through with this conversation.

Suddenly I felt David’s hand grip my arm tightly, causing me to stop in my tracks. I glanced back at him, waiting. He stepped closer with a warning look in his eyes.

“Don’t underestimate my brother. He is quiet the character and you don’t know him like I do. I don’t know exactly what happen between them but I’ll tell you this. Derek and Suri loved each other way before they knew it.” David gave me hard stare before I yanked my arm away. He turned for his car without another word.

I took a deep breath and turned for my car again. I didn’t realize how cold it actually was. Well who would feel the cold when their blood is boiling up to nine-hundred degrees.

Just about, everyone was laughing when I climbed into the car. The heat instantly touched my body and began to fight away the cold I just suffered for five minutes.

“Man what took you so long?” Nate said once the laughter died.

“Nothing.” I muttered, hiding my fresh annoyance I had with David.

“Is everything okay?” Suri asked, touching my shoulder.

“Of course.” I assured her and smiled so she wouldn’t worry.

“Do you know where you are going?” Nate asked.

“Yeah. I use to come up her every other summer. What street is it?” I asked Nate as I began to back up and drive off.

“Chandler Ave.” I heard Cam answer instead.

I began to speed down the main road of Suri’s house. Suri reached forward to lower the heat. Thank god. I was about to get a bloody nose.

“What kind of club is it anyways?” Suri asked looking back.

“It’s a new European club.” Cam told her.

“So they play music from European countries only?” I said.

“Pretty much. The club has been a success too. Shoot, I can’t get enough of it.” Cam laughed.

“I like Romanian music.” Suri grinned over to me.

“You do?” It surprised me that she liked European music. This should be fun I guess.

“Yes I do. My sister and I use to dance to it all the time.” She smiled glancing out the window.

“That’s awesome.” I said. I stopped at a red light. People crossed in front of us with delighted smiles plastered on their faces. They seemed oblivious to the cold as if it was a regular summer day outside. How can they stand it?

We ended up finding parking two blocks from the club. We were going to freeze our butts walking. Perfect. We walked as one big group of boys. Rachel and Suri had their arms linked and all smiles on their faces. We were all circling around both of them, as a protective shield blocking any harm out. Nick and I walked side by side. David was ahead and we just followed his lead. I noticed he started to cut the line and head directly to the front.

Suri separated herself from Rachel’s grasp and took my hand. I smiled reassuringly at her. I could just sense the fear in her eyes when she smiled back at me. 

“It’s okay.” I told her. “Relax.”

She nodded, squeezing my hand softly.

“David is that you?” I heard the bouncer say.

It sure is.” David chuckled, giving the tall built man a manly hug.

“Damn man, where the fuck have you been?” The bounce spoke in clear joy to see David.

“Around and about. . . just doing my thing.” David told him with a grin.

“Ayy, Tony you too man.” The bouncer roared.

Tony just laughed as they hugged. “Been awhile, I know.”

“Are you guys coming in? Ay what’s up Cam.” The bouncer said, clasping hands with Cam.

“Yeah we are and there all with me.” David said, pointing to us popsicles waiting patiently behind him.

“Cool, come on in.” The bouncer said, unfastening the rope so we can all pass by.

“Thanks man.” David said and handed the bouncer a larger amount of cash. The bouncer shook his head and put the money in his pocket.

“Anytime.” He nodded as we passed by. ‘Suri baby.” He said surprised.  “Girl you are looking great. Take care sweet.”

“Ha-ha, thanks Remy. It’s good to see you too.”

“Ahh, tell your sis-” he stopped himself and bowed his head. Suri frowned and just walked on. She knew he was about to say.  I did too. Her sister must have been popular just like Nate and Jerry said. The way people acted around them. It is strange. I just pulled Suri into the club so she can forget what just happened. I didn’t need her to be sad.

When we got inside the club, the music instantly swept us away as it pounded out of the speakers. It was loud and the lights flashed blue and green. Mist was shooting from different corners of the club into the crowd and people would cheer, as the mist would refresh their bodies. Far across the other side was a larger stage with dancers dancing along to the music. At the far bottom, there was a long bar with drunk people hanging the counter shouting for another drink.

 I glanced up at cages hanging above the crowd. There were cage dancers dancing exotically. Two sides made up the second floor that was only for VIP and I notice there were less people up there than there was on the main floor.

 “Come on.” I heard Suri’s voice over the music. She was towing me to the second floor where everyone was walking too.

Two bouncers guarded the front stairs to the VIP section but once they saw David they simply nodded, and stepped aside.

The VIP section was more elegant then the main floor. There were large booths people can sit in and a smaller dance floor. The lights were a dim blue and green making the place look exotic.

“This is awesome.” Suri shouted over the music. David came to her side and handed her a drink. I immediately reacted and snatched the drink before Suri could drink it. I gave it a quick taste before giving it to her.

“Come on man. I would not do that.”

“What is that?” Suri asked smelling the cup.

“Smirnoff, it’s something easy.” David said with a smirk. “You want anything in particular?”

“I am driving home. No thanks” I instantly rejected.

 “I do.” Nate said. David waved him over walking to the bar.

We stood close to the booth Tony had chosen while Suri and Rachel danced in the middle. They looked like dorks dancing with each other. I couldn’t hid my smile. David and his crew along with Cam and his friends played poker, betting their money away. Tony was smoking a cigar, acting cool. Nate, Nick and I just hung back. Until Nate spotted a girl with long blond hair and pulled her out to dance.

That’s when I heard a high pitch scream. David stood up concern but sat back down when he saw Suri was hugging Audrey. That is when I notice Nate was dancing with Zeyana and they seemed really into too.

Nick nudged my side and jerked his head over to Nate. “She is another one of his crushes, how cute.” Nick joked.

“I bet. He is quite the lover boy.” I said. “Hey where is Jerry.”

“He caught a ride home with one Cam’s friend after dirt biking. He said he something to do out of town.” Nick said watching Rachel.

“Oh.” I glanced at Suri as they all held a close conversation. I could just see the excitement in Suri’s eyes as she talked with Audrey. It made me smile at her animated expression.

Suri looked over at me before coming to my side with Audrey and Rachel behind her. “I am going down to the main floor. I’ll stay where you can see me okay.” She said into my ear.

“Okay. Only for a little bit though.” I told her. I felt like reconsidering. I didn’t want anything to happen to her and I wasn’t there. The guilt will eat me alive.

“Okay.” She smiled them kissed my lips before disappearing with her old friend and Rachel. I walked over to the balcony that looked down to the main floor. Nick was right by my side as well as Nate.

“I am in love.” Nate said in a daze.

Nick and I both laughed at him. He would say that. Nate falls in love with anybody in a matter of seconds.

“So how do you like the club?” Nick asked as we watched the girls below.

I look around at the drunken people dancing obliviously. Their bodies pressed together making space impossible to have. However, they did not care, their bodies moved along to the music. The smell of sweat and sex was in the air. This was something I was not use too, but what mattered was Suri’s happiness, which she seemed to be having.

“I’m adapting but it’s pretty cool so far.” I admitted.

I took a sip from the cup David had persuaded me to drink. I could taste the alcohol burning down my throat. I think the last time I drank alcohol was when my brother was around. Those wild trashy parties he would force me to go too, though I have to say, they do not compare to this. This club is high class next to a high school party.

Suddenly I felt my drink splash over Nick. I could already sense the anger rolling off him. “Dude what the—” He stopped in mid-sentence looking over my shoulder.  I followed his gaze and there standing was none other than Derek and his posse. I should have known he gave me a shove. I wouldn’t just randomly throw my drink on Nick. I glanced down at Suri who continued to dance obliviously.

“I see they are letting chumps like you in my club.” Derek said stepping closer to me.

I could not help but laugh. This boy needs a reality check. I took my eyes off Suri and glanced back at the scum maggot behind me.

“I guess so, got a problem?”

He smirked crossing his arms across his chest. “As a matter a fact, I do.” Derek glared viciously at me, as if he could shoot fire from his eyes and burn me right this second. I could smell the alcohol dancing around him, burning my nose. Either he was already tipsy or he was tipping over the edge into becoming drunk.

“Ha-ha.” I gave a humorless laugh to piss him off more. “Well then looks like you don’t have much control if I am here.” I shot at him with a smirk.

I glanced back down at Suri. She was still dancing and having a good time.

Derek roughly shoved me back, gripping on my shoulder tightly. “I see you have trouble listening. Suri is mine, so stay away from her.” He growled, gripping my shoulder more tightly so I could feel pain. “You don’t know her or anything about us.” He snapped.

Rage flew in me. How can he just stand there and claim Suri when he is the cause for her hurting. I punched his arm away and giving him a shove back. “She doesn’t belong to you. She is not a toy you can play with when you want too.” I shouted at him. I could feel my angry reaching its limit and I knew if I stood here any longer, I would snap. “Where were you when she needed you? Where were you when she was lonely and hopeless, crying in her house. Nowhere, so shut the fuck up. You are nothing but a lie to her.” I knew I hit him pretty well because a new coat of anger washed over his face and I knew right this second he wanted my blood in his hands.

“I am going to give you five seconds to get out of my face before I cut your throat.” Derek said through his teeth.

“Knock it off Derek.” David said coming to my side. Derek froze in surprised when David appeared out of thin air.

His confused eyes never left David’s face. Probably thought this was a dream because how drunk he was. For a long moment, we stood in awkward silence. Derek couldn’t shake off his utter shock. The only change in his expression was new anger burning like acid as his eyes shifted from David to me.

“What . . . How . . . Why are you here?”  Derek stuttered uncontrollably.

“It’s nice to see you too.” David spoke sarcastically.

“Dude what the fuck. It’s been two years.” Derek snarled holding up to shaky fingers. “How do you expect me to react? You fucking left.”

“Maybe you forgot because you are too busy banging pathetic little sluts and being daddy’s little rich boy.” David hissed at him. “I am doing what you said, brother.” David added stepping closer.

“She is dead, get over it. There are so many girls out there. Get another bitch pregnant.”  Derek said.

“Take that back or I am going to make you wish you never said that.”

“Oh really,” Derek laughed ignoring his threat. “We are family, blood brothers, you going to choose his side over mine.”

“You’re not my brother anymore.” David said with no remorse. “You lost that title when you choose not to live up to your words. You turned your back on the two people who matter the most to you. We are not family.”

Derek shook his head. “Man, learn to let go, move on. You look like a fool.”

“No wonder Suri wants nothing to do with you anymore. You ain’t Derek. That kid died along time and became this, a fucked up loser.” David shouted in his face.

“You don’t know anything that happened between me and Suri, so don’t put her in this.” Derek hissed.

The mention of Suri’s name made me walk away from them to check on her. I had totally forgot about her. When I glanced to see where she was, she wasn’t there nor were her friends. My heart immediately sunk to the pit of my stomach. How I could have let this happen. Why did I turn my back on her for Derek, a lifeless loser who doesn’t care about anybody but himself. My mind began to panic. Where could she be? Where could she have gone too? I turned for the stairs no longer interested in the brother dispute that was taking place. Suri was the one that mattered. I needed to find her.

I bumped into to people as I raced for the stairs. People gave me dirty looked as they continue to walk on. “I’m sorry, excuse me.” I said I passed a girl with dark wave hair.

“It’s okay . . . wait.” The soft voice said and I looked up to see that it was Suri.

“Suri . . .” I said in relief hugging her close to me. I was on the verge of crying. “I thought something happened to you. I was losing my mind a few seconds ago.”

“One moment you were there and then you were gone. I got scared.” She said clinging to me closer. “Greg, don’t ever do that to me.” She cried kissing me.

“Shh, it’s okay.” I said soothing her. “I’m sorry.” At this point, I wanted to kill Derek.

Suri pulled back to the sound of shouting behind me. Her eyes followed the voices that were screaming at each other and when she recognized them. She didn’t hesitate to go over there. I followed right behind her as she approached the conflict.

“Man you are wasting your time. Maleen is dead.” Derek shouted at him. Suri sucked in a short breath stopping before them.

David growled angrily, grabbing a fist full of Derek’s shit and shoving him up against the nearest wall. “You’re wrong kid . . .” David trailed off, curling his fist and punched Derek square in the face.

“What’s going on here, David stop you’ll hurt him.” Suri said wrapping her hands around David’s wrist and tried to pry his hands off Derek. He instantly let go taking a step back.

Derek looked at David like monster. Blood stream down his lips before he wiped it away. His eyes were blood shot red and he like demonized right this second.

“Don’t worry Suri, Derek was just leaving.” David said never taking his eyes off him. Derek gave David one last death glare before looking away. He looked down at Suri, apologetic eyes meeting hers and then he stormed off.

David watched him until he was out of sight and looked back at me. “We’re leaving.” He said and turned away. I took Suri’s hand in mine and towed her over to the exit. She grasped my hand tightly as we walked through the crowd to leave.

So much for ignoring Derek, he practically ruined our night.

We all quietly walked through the drizzling rain. David was farther ahead with Tony, venting his fury. He continued to slam his fist into his palm or wavy his hands like a psycho on crack. Suri was silent beside me, her arm tangled with mine as she shivered lightly against my side. I bet she regrets not bringing her coat because I wish I had mines right now. 

No one said a word as I drove. I dropped Cam, his friends and Nate off at Cam’s house. They didn’t bother asking what the heck happened especially with Suri in the car. We just parted silently.

Soon I was parked in front of Nick’s house. Rachel had been quiet until now. She hovered over the passenger’s chair to look at Suri.

“Are you alright?” She said taking her hand in hers. “I won’t have you sad.”

“Yeah I guess.” Suri said in low voice. I knew she was hurt.

“Don’t listen to Derek, he was drunk.” Rachel said. I rolld my eyes to that. 

“I know,” Suri said glancing out the window.

Rachel sighed, looking over at me then back at Suri. “Beside you got this juicy hunk next to you. Ride him like a cowboy.”

Suri laughed looking back at Rachel. “You naughty girl, I can just smell sex rolling off you.”

“You bet.” Rachel said joining Suri’s laughter. I glanced at Nick who wore a huge smile. I knew he wanted to pick up where they left off.

“You’re such a horny toad.” Suri joked as Rachel gave her kiss on the check and climbed out my car.

“All day, every day.” Rachel winked before shutting the door. She made a call me sign, waving goodbye and ran inside with Nick. I just shook my head with a small smile. That girl, now I can see why Nick is in love. Rachel is a wild cat.

Soon the short happiness faded as we drove to Suri’s home. The sound of the pouring rain began to increase, shouting like bullets agaisnt my roof. Suri was quiet once again staring out the window. I wonder what she was thinking about or what was going on in her precious brain.

“What was Derek telling you?” She asked suddenly.

Her question caught me off guard. I did not realize she had seen us arguing. It would break my heart if I told her the truth of Derek"s doings. I will not allow her to know and cause this disgusting information to unleash new pain in her heart. Suri should not have to hurt for someone who doesn’t want anything to do with her.

“Gregory.” She called my name firmly, grabbing my attention.

“Yes Suri.”

“Tell me what he told you.” She demanded. I could feel her eyes burning on so I just avoided them.

I just remained silent the rest of the way home. The words wouldn’t come forth so I can explain the truth.

When we reached the driveway of Suri’s house, David was waiting on the porch. The lights were already on inside. I parked my truck next to David’s car and shut the engine off. We sat in silence just for a minutes before Suri burst the door open and headed to her house. The rain began to pour louder and a thin coat of mist began to trail on the ground.

I sighed. Thanks a lot Derek. I thought to myself. I locked my car and jogged over to the front porch. Suri swung the front door open and raced up the stairs. She didn’t say a word, nor did I dare follow her. I knew she was angry.

She slammed her room door loudly. I sighed again. This was going to be a long night.

I just sat in the living room thinking to myself. Maybe, despite what Derek said tonight about Suri’s sister, maybe Derek deep down still loved Suri. I mean why would he react possessively towards her? Obviously some feelings never died. Though if he loved her why would he make her suffer the way he has. Moreover, the way he looked at her before he left. I didn’t fail to miss the remorse there hanging on a thin string.

“What were you guys arguing about?” David asked out of no where, sitting across from me.

“Suri.” I answered without even looking at him.

“What did he tell you?”

I sighed. Derek was the last thing I wanted to talk about especially the way I am feeling right now. But I answered anyways. “He wants me to stay away from her. Apparently, rumor has it, these past two years he has been driving anyone who tries to get close to her.” I explained to him changing my gaze to him. “Until I got here, he just can’t stand the fact that she is happy.” I added.

David shook his head. “He has defiantly changed. Derek is not the boy I once remembered.

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah right.” I muttered.

“I’m serious. Derek was a kind person. He didn’t care how much money we had. That boy enjoyed things money could not buy and Suri was the core of that happiness. I don’t know what changed.”

I stayed silent. I didn’t know what to say or believe. However, whatever David said about his brother didn’t change the way I felt about him. He still is a spineless little punk.

“That’s the way life is. When life gets the opportunity to screw you, it morphs you into the most repulsive creature you can be.”

“Did that happen to you?”

“No not me, my brother.”

“You have a brother?”

“Yes.”

“And his actions made you this way.” David wondered leaning back to rest against the sofa.

“Probably, his actions caused the lost of my sister and father. They stay away because of him. I haven’t seen them since I was a young boy.”

“Hmm, I was beginning to think you were cold hearted creature.” David grinned.

“Ha! That’s a first.” I smirked. I glanced at a painting behind David. It was a hill with two swings tied to a tree. You could always feel the rays of the sun beating out of the picture. It was beautiful. Two young girls danced in the tall grass. They almost looked like angels.

David followed my gaze and a small smile played on his lips. “Suri’s mother painted this of them.”

“You mean this is Suri and her sister?” I wondered.

“Yes. This place is real. Only Suri and Maleen know how to get there.” David said turning away from the painting. “And of course, their parents.”

“Ah, I see.” I stared at the painting longer. Such beauty can reflect from just a single painting. How amazing.

“She is mad isn’t she?” David asked. From the corner of my eye, I saw him glancing up to the direction of Suri’s room.

“Yes,” I admitted. “She wants to know what Derek was telling me.” I shook my head as I came back into reality. I took my eyes off the hypnotizing painting and looked at David again. It’s like if the painting was painted with magick.

“I don’t think she is mad and you should probably go to her. Comfort is what she needs.” David stood, stretching his body. “I need to get some rest. I’m leaving in the morning.”

“Already.”

“Unfortunately, Suri’s mother is coming and I don’t want to see her.”

“Oh, why not.” I asked.

“She’s a wicked witch and a deserter.” David replied and turned for the stairs. “See you in the morning.” He said over his shoulder.

“Night.” I murmured.

I sat there for a long time, not moving at all, just the sound of the rain pouring rapidly on the ground. My body sat like a sculpture of ice. I didn’t dare go upstairs. My mind thought of a million reasons why I should but my body just remained unmoving. Perhaps she was angry with me. The way she furiously flew up the stairs, maybe she was sending a message. She did not want me up there.  

Yet again, I could not stand to see her hurt. See the pain that has tormented her for two years revive and cause her suffering once more. I stood quickly and headed for the stairs.

I held my hand to the door and lightly knocked before I entered. Suri was sitting by the window. Her long hair was damp by her side as she repeatedly ran a comb through her hair. She wore a long white nightgown and her reflection from the window reflected a very sad expression that broke my heart. I quietly walked over to her side, placing my hand on her shoulder.

She covered my hand with hers and looked up at me. Instantly I kneeled beside her when her watery eyes touched mine.

“Are you okay?” I asked softly.

Her eyes fell to her lip and I knew something was bugging her.

“Did you see the hatred in his eyes? The venom in his voice when he said Maleen was dead.” She frowned as tears escaped her eyes. “His is wrong. She is not dead. My sister is not dead.” She cried refusing to hold back her tears.

I hugged her tightly to my chest not bearing to see those tears. “It’s okay.” I whispered.

“I hate him. I hate Derek.” She cried louder.

“Listen to me Suri. Forget what he said, he doesn’t know the truth. He doesn’t know the work David is doing to bring her back. Do not listen to him. Don’t allow him to make you feel this way. You are not alone. You have David, Rachel, your friends and me. It’s going to be alright. If Derek doesn’t want to be a part of your life, so be it. It’s his loss.” I told her firmly.

She pulled away from my hold, cupping my check with her warm hand. “You’re right.” She said kissing my fingertips. “Thank you.”

I frowned, lifting her in my arms and took her to the bed. I gently placed her on the bed. Suri needed time to recover. I would give her that space. Just as I turned for the door, I felt her warm hands grip my arm.

“Stay with me tonight, don’t go.” She pleaded, pulling me back. I nodded in response and turned to lock the door and strip from my clothes. Together we cuddled under the covers and she chuckled wrapping her legs with mine. “Greg, you are cold.”

I smiled to myself. “I guess you better warm me up.” I whispered in her ear.

She took in a low breath and twisted her body to face mine. The thin fabric of her nightgown shaped her breast perfectly and I let a soft moan escaped when she pressed her chest to mine. She rest her hand on my lower stomach, tracing circles with her index finger. I wrapped my arm around her pulling her closer to me.

“I’ll warm you up.” She whispered back to me. “But you have to make me a promise.”

“What’s that?”

“Promise you’ll stay tomorrow when my mom gets here.” She said, running her hand through my hair.

“Of course.” I mumbled.

She smiled as our lips met. Her soft lips melted with mine. I couldn’t resist her anymore. I welcomed her tongue in my mouth, tasting her sweetness that coated my body in pure joy. I slowly moved on top of her so my body was hovering over hers.

“I won’t leave. I will stay for as long as you want me to stay. Remember that.” I gave her one last kiss and rolled to the side.

Her body pressed against mine and I wrapped my arm around her waist. “Thank you.” She whispered in my ear.    

“Anytime love, anytime.” I said before drifting to sleep.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

500K 14.9K 53
The pad of Derek's thumb slowly slides across my kiss swollen bottom lip while his dark eyes trace the movement intently. I guess I'm going to have t...
94.3K 3.2K 28
"Anyways, without further ado, are you in or are you out." "Are you joking?" "It's left to you babe." "You're kidding." I affirm, throwing my hand...
2.8M 50K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...
4.3M 117K 53
"I don't want to go with you" I whispered... Big mistake. I screamed as he slammed me down to the ground hard and held my neck, he straddled my hip...