๐—•๐—ข๐—ฌ ๐—”๐—–๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—ฆ๐—ฆ ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—›...

By AvengerS1ut

๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ž... More

โ€ ๐—–๐—”๐—ฆ๐—ง
โ€ ๐—–๐—ข๐—ก๐—ง๐—˜๐—ก๐—ง ๐—ช๐—”๐—ฅ๐—ก๐—œ๐—ก๐—š๐—ฆ & ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—”๐—ฌ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ง
โ€ ๐—˜๐—ฃ๐—œ๐—š๐—ฅ๐—”๐—ฃ๐—›
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ ๐–ฟ๐–บ๐—‡๐—๐–บ๐—Œ๐—’
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฏ ๐—‚๐—‹๐—‚๐—Œ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฐ ๐—„๐—‚๐—…๐—…๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐—†๐–พ ๐—Œ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ๐—๐—…๐—’ ๐—๐—‚๐—๐— ๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—Œ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—€
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฑ ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—‹๐—๐–บ๐—…๐—…
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฒ ๐–บ๐—…๐—… ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—€๐—Œ ๐—Œ๐—๐–พ ๐—Œ๐–บ๐—‚๐–ฝ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ ๐—€๐—‚๐—†๐—†๐–พ! ๐—€๐—‚๐—†๐—†๐–พ! ๐—€๐—‚๐—†๐—†๐–พ! (๐–บ ๐—†๐–บ๐—‡ ๐–บ๐–ฟ๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐—†๐—‚๐–ฝ๐—‡๐—‚๐—€๐—๐—)
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿด ๐—๐–บ๐—‡๐—‡๐–บ๐–ป๐–พ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿต ๐—‚'๐—…๐—… ๐–ป๐–พ ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ ๐—“๐—ˆ๐—†๐–ป๐—‚๐–พ
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿญ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—๐–บ๐—’ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—„ ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—‚๐—€๐—๐—
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ ๐—๐—ˆ๐—†'๐—Œ ๐–ฝ๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ๐—‹
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฏ ๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡๐–บ๐—€๐–พ ๐–ฝ๐—‚๐—‹๐—๐–ป๐–บ๐—€
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฐ ๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—’
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฑ ๐—‚๐—‡๐—Œ๐–บ๐—‡๐–พ ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐–ป๐—‹๐–บ๐—‚๐—‡
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฒ ๐–ฝ๐—Ž๐—†๐–ป
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿณ ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐—’๐–ป๐—ˆ๐–ฝ๐—’ ๐—๐—Ž๐—‹๐—๐—Œ
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿด ๐—„๐–บ๐—‹๐—†๐–บ ๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—…๐—‚๐–ผ๐–พ
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿต ๐—‚ ๐–ฝ๐—ˆ๐—‡'๐— ๐—๐–บ๐—‡๐— ๐—๐—ˆ ๐—†๐—‚๐—Œ๐—Œ ๐–บ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—€
โ‹„ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ญโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡จโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ญโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹

๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ ๐—Œ๐—†๐–พ๐—…๐—…๐—Œ ๐—…๐—‚๐—„๐–พ ๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡ ๐—Œ๐—‰๐—‚๐—‹๐—‚๐—

182 10 9
By AvengerS1ut

❝Our little group has always been

And always will until the end❞

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

TW: Manipulative and controlling relationship!

Olivia sat at the tall wooden table in the staff room behind the store counter. However, the table probably wasn't all that tall, Olivia was just tiny. Her pencil ran on her page fast as new ideas poured out of her head and onto the paper. The concentrated frown on her face was gone when a voice boomed all throughout the room.

"I know you're on your break but can you please help me out front?"

Wanda, her boss and best friend, called from the counter at the front of the store. Olivia drops her pad and pencil, stands from her stool and walks out of the staff room. She walked to the front desk where Wanda was standing, waiting on Olivia.

"Sorry, but Vis needs help upstairs. Can you help those customers over there, please?"

"Of course, don't worry."

Wanda walked to the spiral staircase and up to her apartment. Olivia rang the bell on the counter and waited for the customers to come over to her. When the customers walked out of an aisle, Olivia subconsciously smiled.

"Hey, Tiny! Didn't know this was the friend's flowers shop you worked at." Steve smiled at Olivia.

"Hi! What are you guys doing here?"

"I need to buy some flowers for my mom. Can you help me out, Tiny?"

"Yeah, of course."

Olivia came out from behind the counter and walked over to James and Steve. She had to crank her neck to look up at Steve's face, which caused Steve to laugh.

"Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but..."

"Hey! 5'5 is not that small! And besides, I'm stood next to you two, your like giants"

Both boys laughed at her comment. Olivia watched James laugh and his white teeth come out from behind his lips. She felt a sense of pride knowing she was the one to make him smile like that.

"Giants! I'm only 6'0" Steve chuckled.

"Yeah, same. We're not giants. Your just tiny, Tiny." James teased.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Can I help you pick out the flowers or are you here to insult my height at my workplace?" Olivia laughed.

"Yeah, you can help us. Where are your bouquets?"

"Right over here, Steve."

Olivia walked to the aisle holding all the homemade bouquets, with James and Steve following her.

"So, what type of flowers are you looking for?"

"Uh, just lots of colours. She'll like that." answered Steve.

"Uh, okay. Not giving me a lot to work off of here, Steve." Olivia joked. Steve stiffened at the joke.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just don't know much about flowers. These have to be perfect." Steve confessed.

"It's okay. If you don't mind me asking, who is 'she'?"

"Oh, right. My mother."

"Okay. What is her favourite flower? Or favourite colours?"

"Uh, white, blue and red. I don't know about the flowers, though. What would you recommend?"

Olivia's eyes darted around the shop until they landed on the large flower wall display case with a mixture of different colors and flowers. Her head clocked to the side as she walked over to the wall, James and Steve following.

"Well, I think you could do a base of fern leaves with a mix of white baby's breath, blue chrysanthemums and red carnations. Just a thought." Olivia turned to James and Steve to see them both look dumbfounded. She giggled.

"You see the small cluster of white flowers there?" She said, pointing at the wall.

They both nodded, still looking confused.

"There baby's breath, those will stay white. The flowers that look like open roses are carnations, those can be dark red. And those flowers that look like small sunflowers are chrysanthemums, those will be blue."

They both stood there, silently staring at Olivia. She shook her head and giggled as she walked over to the counter. Their heads turned to the other and they smirked as they followed her to the counter.

"Okay, so you will have to pick if you want the bouquet wrapped or in a vase." She asked as she pulled out a notepad and wrote down the names and colors of the flowers.

"Uh a vase, please. Just a clear glass vase." Steve answered.

"And what size bouquet do you want?"

"Large"

"You know she's gonna complain about you spending so much money on a bunch of flowers." James snickered.

"Yeah, well she can complain all she wants. She deserves the biggest flowers I can get."

Olivia watched the small conversation between James and Steve and smiled. Their sibling-like relationship reminded her of her and Wanda's friendship. They acted like sisters and saw each other as family, which they practically were. They have been since they met and instantly became friends in high school. She saw similarities between James and Steve's relationship from hers.

"Do you want to write a note to go with the flowers?" Olivia asked, breaking the staring contest between the two.

"Uh, yeah that would be great!" Steve's head whipped to face Olivia.

"What type of occasion are these for? Maybe you want a specific card?"

Steve's eyes fell from Olivia to the floor.

"Hospital. I'm visiting my mother in the hospital."

Olivia instantly felt guilty. She knew it wasn't her fault for bringing it up, it was her job to ask and she didn't know, but she hated knowing she was the one to put that frown on Steve's face.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know, I wouldn't have asked."

"No, it's not your fault. As you said, you didn't know. Please don't apologize."

There was a moment of awkward silence, that was quickly interrupted by footsteps coming down the stairs. All of their eyes darted to the noise. Wanda walked out of the doorframe, with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know you were still with these customers." Wanda's thick red hair fell next to her big, beautiful, pale blue eyes. She walked to stand next to Olivia and smiled at the two boys.

"Hi, have you picked out anything yet?" She asked.

"Yeah, we were just finishing up an order." Steve answered with a slight smile that didn't reach his eyes like usual.

"I was actually going to go prepare the flowers and leave you to write the note, Steve." Olivia said as she placed a fountain ink pen and a small piece of card in front of Steve and walked to the backroom.

James' POV

I couldn't help it when my eyes followed her to the door and lingered there even when she was gone. I was pulled from my daydream when the other girl spoke.

"So, you two know Olivia?"

My eyebrows crunched together at how she knew that from the little interaction she saw. Steve stayed bent over the counter, writing the note.

"How did you know?" I asked.

She laughed. She looked at me with a face that read "really?"

"Olivia is friendly with the customers but I saw the way she looked at you two."

This confused me even more.

"What do you mean?"

"She looks at Steve, is it?" She asked.

Steve looks up from his card and nods at her.

"She looks at you like she looks at me. Family."

I see Steve smile at her comment. It was good to see him smile like that, he needs to. He's been struggling with the whole situation with the hospital. Then it hits me, why didn't she mention me when she said that?
"And you?"

"Bucky."

"Bucky, she looks at you like she did Liam when they first met. You know Liam, right?"

I can feel anger boiling inside me at the mention of his name. I think about how he treated Olivia when she came over to my apartment. She didn't deserve to be treated like that. Like property. But then I hear what she actually said. Before she met Liam. Before she saw what he was actually like. When he was probably putting on an act. I was pulled from my thoughts when Steve nudged me.

"You good? You've been staring for a while." He asked.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry, what did you ask?" I stumbled over my words.

"Do you know Liam?"

"Yeah, we met him a couple of days ago." I answered.

Just the thought of how whenever he caught me looking at Olivia he held her tighter to him, made me grimace. He doesn't deserve her. She is so kind, so funny, selfless and considerate. And she is really beautiful. Really fucking beautiful. Why is she even dating some low-life like him? She shouldn't be with him. But she is.

I can faintly hear the girl and Steve having a conversation, but it's so muffled as I picture Olivia's face. Picture her silky smooth tan skin, her symmetrical eyebrows that perfectly sit above her dark brown eyes. Her tiny button nose contrasts with her plump pink lips, which I would give anything to kiss. Her bushy blonde hair shapes her perfectly carved face, and her chiselled cheeks that I want to litter with kisses. I stop myself. I can't be thinking this, she's taken. By an asshole, yes, but taken. I have to stop. But I can't. Ever since she came over, I couldn't stop thinking about her. This is very unlike me. I usually don't have long-lasting relationships. I haven't even said "I love you" to a girlfriend yet! But every time I think about Olivia, I can't stop the butterflies that swim in my stomach.

But I have to stop them.

I can't do anything when she's still with Liam.

My eyes dart to the door and see her. Olivia. I see her smile grow when she catches me looking at her. I smile back at her, but I quickly stop. I can't. Not while she's with him.

Olivia's POV

I place the tall glass vase spilling with white, blue and red flowers on the counter. Steve instantly smiles when he sees them. Finally, that frown is gone.

"Thank you so much, Tiny! These are amazing." Steve exclaimed.

"Of course, Stevie. Glad I could help"

"Stevie? That's new." He asked.

"Yeah, it sorta just slipped out. A better nickname will come eventually." I joked.

"No, I like it." He smiled.

I couldn't help but look over at James and he didn't disappoint. His head was tilted down to the floor but he was looking at me through his eyelashes, with that knee-weakening smirk. I couldn't exactly read what his look was saying, but I didn't care. I stood there looking back at him, probably looking stupid. Classic Liv.

Wanda clears her throat, probably noticing that I'm staring at James. Who am I kidding, she defiantly saw. That woman can read minds or some shit. She walked over to the cash register and read the note I made of all the flowers in Steve's bouquet.

"Okay, that will be $100, please." She asked.

Steve went into his pocket and pulled out his wallet.

"$100. Are they always this much? Sorry to sound rude." I could see the instant regret in sounding rude. How sweet.

"It's alright, Stevie. You bought chrysanthemums and carnations, there are quite expensive but worth the money." I answered.

"Do you like them?" James rushed out, interrupting Steve.

I could see Steve's eyebrow slightly raised as he looked at James. I would have laughed at Steve's reaction if I wasn't mesmerized by James' smile that came with his question.

"Yeah, there pretty. But not the prettiest, in my opinion."

"What are your favourite?" He asked.

It was stupid how that question made me stutter. I know that it's stupid, but this is unordinary for me. Liam has never cared to ask me these questions or even listen to me talk about my favourite things. It was nice to be listened to, let alone have someone actually care about my answer.

"Camellias. They're big and beautiful, and smell amazing." I stop myself before I ramble on about it. It was nice to see him look interested in my answer, but I don't want to bore him. What guy wants to hear about flowers?

Wanda shuts the cash register and hands Steve the flowers. He grabs them and thanks both of us, turning towards the door. He reaches for the handle, but it opens before he can. Steve steps back from the door as a slim redhead walks in.

"Oh sorry, didn't see you there." She said.

"Uh, no... don't worry about it. My fault." Steve stumbles over his words.

I can see her obviously checking Steve out, but what I didn't expect to see was Steve doing it as well. Quiet and shy Steve, clearly checking out a girl he has never met before. I guess there's a first for everything.

She walks past Steve and James and over to me and Wanda, with James and Steve leaving. Just before he leaves, I look over at James to see him already looking at me. I look down at the counter and smile. I really shouldn't be doing this.

"Hi! I'm Natasha Romanoff, I'm here for the job interview." The redhead said.

"Oh yes, of course! Hello Natasha, I'm Wanda and this is Olivia. You can place your belongings in the staff room and we can start your interview." Wanda points to me.

"You have gone over your required time again, Liv. Go home! Pack!"

Natasha walks over to the door with the sign reading "Staff Only" and walks through.

"You know I don't mind."

"Yes, well I do. Go home, babe."

"I can stay and help around the shop whilst you're doing the interview." I argue.

"No need, Vision will be coming down soon. I know you need to unpack the rest of your apartment."

"Fine, as long as your sure."

"100%. And before you overthink it on the way home, he does like you back,"

I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion before it hits me. She's talking about James. But why is she talking about James?

"What are you getting at, Wands? You know I'm dating Liam."

Wanda groans and rolls her eyes.

"Don't I know it, but I've said it a million times and will repeat it. You deserve someone who actually cares about you!"

"He does care." sometimes. Most times.

Her eyes roll even further back into her head this time.

"No, he doesn't! I've never once seen him look at you like how James did. You should be with someone who looks at you like that. Like your the only person in the room." She argues back.

"I don't think I deserve that much, Wanda."

"You deserve it more than you realise, Liv."

I look at her in the eyes to see any hint of a lie, but I can't see it. Wanda may be able to read minds, but I can read her like an open book too.

"Well, I'm going to head home."

"See you Monday, babes. Take care, Love you!"

"Love you too."

She follows Natasha to the staff room and I walk out of the store. I can't help but think about what she said. Does James really look at me like that? My feet carry me home as I overthink everything that happened at the store today.

❀❀❀

I jiggle the keys in the keyhole and stumble into the apartment. I'm exhausted and can practically hear my bed calling for me. I drop my keys in my coat pocket, hang them on the hook, slip my shoes off, and leave them by the door. All the lights are off, and to not wake a probably asleep Liam, I walk through the dark to my room. I somehow find the bedroom door and push the door handle down and open the door. As I stalk over to the wardrobe, I hear a click and the room lights up slightly. I turn my head towards the noise and see Liam sitting in the armchair in the corner of the room.

"What are you doing sitting in the dark?" I ask.

He doesn't answer me. Instead, his eyes follow my actions as I open the drawer to grab some pyjamas. I don't even have to look at him to know he is pissed. This is what he does. Observes the situation, before blowing up. I'm too tired to deal with it - to deal with him.

"Can we talk tomorrow when I'm not so tired?" I stutter. Seeing him like this can scare me.

I pull off my work shirt and throw an oversized t-shirt on. I slip my bra off under the shirt and unbutton and pull off my trousers. The whole time I keep eye contact with him. I don't dare look away.

"Liam? Please answer me, baby." I try to defuse the situation before it gets worse.

"No."

"No what?"

"No. We cannot talk tomorrow."

I sit on the end of the bed and face him. I hold my hands together, fingers interlocked, to hide the shaking from him. I lean my elbows on my knees and straighten my posture. If I'm going to win this, I can't look scared - but I'm petrified.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"You. I saw you."

My eyebrows scrunch together. What does he mean?

"You saw me doing what?"

"With them."

"Who? Baby, your not making any sense."

"With the neighbours."

Who? Steve and Bucky? Why would he be mad at that? They were only in the store to buy flowers. I'm way too tired to argue but I have to continue.

"In the store today?"

"Yes."

Only then does it click in my head. How does he know this? His office is almost all across town. He couldn't have been coming to see me, his only break is more than an hour before Steve and James turned up at the store. He must have seen the clogs turning in my head because he interrupts my thoughts before I start to overthink them.

"I saw the way they looked at you."

"They were only there to buy some flowers, baby."

"No. They were there to stare at what isn't theirs."

I don't know if it's because of how tired I am or if he just isn't making sense, but this whole conversation isn't making any sense to me. A part of me wants to question him on why he was there in the first place, or how, but I don't have enough energy.

"I promise you, baby, they weren't."

"I know what I saw, Olivia."

It's quite normal for Liam to get this possessive over things other people would consider minuscule. I've gotten used to it since I was little. I went from one dysfunctional role model to the next. It can be quite hard sometimes to see the line between normal and toxic, it's practically a blur to me. Growing up with your parents being toxic and them being the only adults in my life didn't help.

"I don't know what you want me to say, Liam. They came to the store, bought flowers, and then left."

"I just don't want them to look at you like that and get any ideas, baby."

"There isn't much I can do if they want to come in the store."

"No, but you can outside of the store."

"What are you implying?"

"I don't want you to talk to them anymore."

My head lifts and I stare at him in shock. Liam has gotten possessive at times, but never to this extent. I don't know what to do. I want to sleep this conversation off and talk about it tomorrow, but he won't want to do that. Actually, no, I just want to sleep. I don't want to have this conversation at all. But I have to. I don't want to agree, but I also don't want to have an argument at 9:46 at night. I'm completely stuck.

"That's not fair, baby."

"Not fair?" He raises his voice slightly. "What's not fair is they can go to the store anytime and look at you as if I don't already own you. I'm stuck at work and can't do anything, Olivia. I thought I made it pretty clear when we went over to their apartment that you are mine."

I flinch as he raises his voice and spits his words out like venom. I know now that I took it too far, pushing him, and now I have to make it stop. I have to make him happy.

"Okay." I whisper.

He stops glaring at me and straightens his posture.

"Okay what?"

"Okay, I won't talk to them. Just please stop shouting." I plead.

A smile creeps on his face, and I feel somewhat calm. I really don't want to do this. It makes me feel sick to my stomach knowing I can't talk to them anymore. I turn around to put my work clothes in the hamper and to hide the tears that are threatening to fall.

"Good. It wasn't that hard, Olivia. We could have avoided all this."

He stands from the chair and walks over to his side of the bed, pulling the duvet over and sliding in. Without another word, he turns his back to me to fall asleep.

"I'm gonna go brush my teeth." My voice cracks slightly, I just hope he didn't notice.

I leave the room and walk to the bathroom. As soon as the door is shut, my hand flies to cover my mouth and I let out a silent sob. The tears fall down my face as I think about how loved I feel when around Steve and James. I've only known them for a week, but in that short time, they've made me feel seen. I feel important and wanted and heard. Even though it's a bad feeling, the butterflies swarming my stomach when James looks at me feel amazing. But now those butterflies are going to die out. At least I won't feel guilty about those small glances, dirty thoughts and blushes with James anymore. I will have to keep my promise to Liam to keep him happy.

Even if that means having to make sacrifices.

❀❀❀

This is the inspiration for the flowers. I sat here for 40 minutes and researched flowers! I feel very professional. Please comment and let me know how you feel about the story so far.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 3.2K 50
A young woman leaving an abusive relationship finds herself roommates and friends with The Avengers. My story does NOT follow the MCU. Steve didn't l...
178K 4.2K 70
๐Ÿ–คMature๐Ÿ–คRomance๐Ÿ–ค "Where's he going?" "To her. His Passerine." Kristyn, a fragile, little girl struggling her days in the crowded city of New York...
91.8K 3K 26
"I kneel into a dream where I am good and loved. I am loved. My hands have made some good mistakes. They can always make better ones." - Natalie Wee ...
12.6K 466 46
๐—œ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚'๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ. โ˜ฝโ˜ฝโ˜ฝ She captivated Bucky instantly dur...