Danger Lurks Behind, W/ Stran...

By avatarhay

Book Three!!! I don't trust Bradford. That guys got 'Bad Guy' tattoo on his forehead. He seems to have his ow... More

A/N: Announcement
Prologue!
Rainbow Connetions!
FOWL Intentions!
Brithday Business!
Challenge Of The Senior Junior Woodchucks!
Meanwhile In The Lab!
Quack Pack!
Lets Get Dangerous!
Suck Gas, Evil Doer!
D̸͍͇̆͆u̴͕͘ć̶͍̣ḳ̷̈́̋ ̴͍̈́S̸̪͂̍ö̷͖́u̷͖͈̅̚p̵̮̬̌!̷̡̣̓̇
The First Adventure!
Phantom and Sorceress!
The Association of Status Seekers! Part: 1
The Association of Status Seekers!Part: 2
The Fight for Castle McDuck!
The Putrid Prison of Paradise!
Forbidden Fountain of Foreverglades!
Escape from the ImpossiBin!
Louie's Eleven!
Astro BOYD!
Split Sword of Swanstantine!
The Tale of Two Scrooges!
Temple of Tobruk!
Days in the Sun!
Epilogue: Yes, No, or Maybe!
A/N: Announcement!
A/N:

A Family Adventure!

407 15 20
By avatarhay

Normal POV:

I woke up as we entered Egyptian airspace with a blanket draped over me. I wasn't sure who had put it over me, but no one looked like they had moved.

Scrooge called us back up, and we went back over the plan. Only minor details had changed. The tech team was split in half. Fenton was to take Launchpad in through an upper-level exterior window and check the second floor of the right wing while Manny and Gyro entered from the ground, to cover more ground. Dewey moved their pieces accordingly and renamed them Gyro's team the Geek Squad.

"How far out are we?" I asked Della.

"Twenty minutes," she replied quickly.

Scrooge led us downstairs to the stack of parachutes. Gyro and Fenton went around, handing out small earpieces that would let us talk to each other.

I watched the others put their parachutes on like professionals and wished I had more experience with this. Scrooge saw me struggling and walked over. He showed me how to tighten it and explained which rope to tug and when.

He probably thought I was going to rely on my magic in case of an emergency, so he wasn't worried. Though there was no chance in hell that I was telling him I was going into this battle tapped out.

We walked to the back of the plane, and Dewey took the controls from Della. I expected there to be a noticeable difference, but Della was beside me and geared up and we were still in the air and stable.

"Don't look so worried, Sweetheart," Gladstone said, walking beside me. "We'll have the kids in no time."

"I hope you're right," I whispered.

"Ready?" Scrooge asked. "Cloaks up girls."

Everyone looked fierce. Lena gave me a glance but covered the plane without a word. We descended below the cloud. I took a deep breath.

(Ready? Not in the slightest.)

Fenton slammed the bay door on and the air rushed in.

"Testing!" Boyd said, through the mics.

"Gosh, they work," Louie's voice raddled around in my head.

"The Classics are up first! Three. Two. Now." Dewey's voice cracked through.

Donald and Della nodded at each other and Scrooge smiled at me as they jumped.

"Boy Band your turn."

Panchito tipped his hat and Jose bowed as they jumped. The plane banked hard. I laced my fingers in the cargo netting.

"Alright. Geek Squad and Tech Team are up next." They readied themselves. "Annnnnd now!"

Gyro tumbled out of the plane. Fenton flew gracefully, pulling LP behind him. Manny gave a small wave. I looked to Gladstone.

"Last but not least," Dewey said.

We pulled ourselves to the edge. Echos of the fight began in our headsets. The plane shook and misguided bullets flew everywhere. Dewey had to swerve to avoid the path of bullets.

"Are they shooting at us?" Lena asked.

"Change of plans. Kids get as far away," Della was cut off by Louie.

"Not a chance. Dewey, go around for another sweep," Louie said.

"No! You need to get to safety," Scrooge panted.

Gladstone looked at me. He was determined.

"I promise," he offered a hand and didn't have to finish.

"I trust you," I mumbled. No way he heard it over the wind but he must read my lips.

"Poor decision, Sweetheart," he beamed.

"I know," I shouted over the wind.

"Now, Blueberry," Gladstone said.

"Whatever you're thinking," Scrooge started but it was too late.

The plan tilted, throwing us backwards. We slide out of the plane with ease. I did my best to shield us as we descended but my strength was beyond low. At this point, we were coasting on Gladstone's luck so I clung to his hand.

The rushing wind and adrenaline rush would've been cool if we weren't on a suicide mission. I struggled to breathe. Tears ran up my face.

I waited for him to motion to his rope. We pulled them together and luckily FOWL was too distracted by the rest of our teams to get a clear shot at us.

We landed safely and waited for a group of eggheads to run out of a nearby exit to sneak in. I wish I could've taken in the enchantment of the place. The floor was lined with marble and the walls were stone. A layer of dust covered nearly everything in sight. The ceiling was 100 feet high and painted in faded Greek and Roman imagery.

We ran to the nearest towering bookshelf. I wonder what amazing hidden treasures were buried under centuries of dust and sand but only for a split second. Gladstone grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hall.

We wondered for what felt like ages. It was too loud to be so quiet. We heard boots of passing guards on other isles, an occasional shouted order, the trickling of water from somewhere, the sound of our family grunting in our ears, Dewey humming to himself, and our own soft footsteps echoing through the chambers.

About ten minutes into us sneaking around Gyro's crackled to life in our heads.

"Their communications and cameras are down," he said confidently.

Then his confidence turned to yelp. He turned his com off. Static filled the air for a second then it was back to mostly silence.

We passed gadgets that FOWL had been storing. Some of them were partly covered with tarps. Those that weren't made me glad they hadn't seen the light of day.

We dodged through the open areas and only saw two or three guards that we had to pause to let pass before we continued. I paused after another five minutes. We were well as lost as we could be in the giant labyrinth of books and machines with the world's luckiest man leading us. Though being lost wasn't the reason I paused. A vision of the plane pledged my mind.

"Something's wrong," I whispered.

"What?" Gladstone stopped.

"The kids."

I closed my eyes and could see Lena struggling to keep the shield around the plane. It was going to collapse on her and crush her. I pushed my remaining magic to her. The shield collapsed and crashed down on her. It bounced off my shield. It didn't help the plane was crashing too. I waited until I knew she was safe to remove the shield.

Kids POV:

They were alone and listening intently to the coms. None of them dare speak or possibly miss something important. Lena strained under the intense magic usage. Violet slightly wished she could help. Dewey's humming was getting on Louie's last nerve but he knew it was the only thing keeping his brother flying steady.

There was a click on coms and they looked at Boyd. He had turned off his.

"Why are you listening now?"

"What?" Louie asked.

"Early when they told us to stay in the room you didn't want to listen but now when Huey's life is on the line you're doing what you're told? Mom said kids are supposed to rebel so why aren't you now?"

"It's different," Dewey said.

"How?" Boyd pressed.

"As much as I would love to explain the complex breakdown of social interactions we don't have," Louie cut Violet off.

"He's right," Louie said cutting his com off. "I don't want to agree with the killer robot but he is. They're down risking their lives and what are we doing? Flying in circles in a stupid plane!"

He was angry. He didn't like doing the heavy lifting but he was no good sitting 1000 feet up from the action either.

"We need to get down there! They won't see us coming because we're just kids. Bradford won't think of us as a threat."

"That's where you're wrong," there was a chuckle.

A man that looked like Scrooge stepped up from the ladder. They all gasped.

"Bradford won't care that your children. He will chew you up and spit you out all the same."

Normal POV:

I blinked up at Gladstone. He was holding me. I was on the floor and was pressed against the wall. He covered my mouth and pointed down the hall beside us. I heard someone lumbering down the hall. I nodded and he removed his hand. I caught my breath.

"You just collapsed," he whispered once we couldn't hear them anymore.

"The kids crashed the plane. They're okay but it drained my magic," I whispered.

He muttered a curse. "Well, we've still got me."

It wasn't a brag. He was doing all the heavy lifting now and he had no clue what he was doing.

After another ten minutes. We stumbled upon a pod-like thing we had found the girls in. Webby was stuffed inside and gagged.

"Webby!" I said too loudly.

I opened the pod and pulled her out. I tore out the gag.

"_____! They locked me up in here!" She said but something was wrong with her voice.

I looked her over as Gladstone untied her. She wasn't wearing her bracelet.

"Gladstone, stop." He paused. "That's not Webby."

"What do you mean?" he asked, backing up.

"Are you May or June?" I asked.

She bit her tongue.

"How'd you know?" She looked upset.

I had only spoken to them once but I knew it was June. May was more rational and would've thought up a lie.

"June, she wouldn't take her bracelet off. Even if it meant blowing her cover," I said. She looked like she might cry. "I know there's good in you. We can take you with us. I know you're just scared and confused. We can figure this out together."

"What do you want from me?" She snapped.

"Take us to Bradford," I decided.

It was better to get this over quickly. Gladstone looked at me asking if that was a good idea. I just nodded. She begrudgingly nodded. He untied her.

"This way," she said.

She never once looked back to see if we were following. The only reason we kept up was due to her being so short and Gladstone's luck. She led us to the far wall. There was a back staircase she sprinted up it dumped us on the second floor.

We quickly made our way to the center of the building. Gladstone made me stop on the edge of the room as June ran towards Bradford. She tore off Webby's headband.

"Webby replaced me!" June shouted.

"I know," he groaned.

Bradford stepped away from the podium he had been standing at. Huey was there hovering over a book.

"Hue," Gladstone covered my mouth.

"Ah, well if it is Ms. Gander," Bradford smiled at the corner we were hiding in.

Gladstone looked at me. I was preoccupied by the sight of Bradford with Huey to be embarrassed.

"Go find the others," I whispered, stepping into the light.

"Hey! Where did the other one go?" June asked.

"Bradford, let him go," I snarled, stepping into the room.

Finch leaned against a table I hadn't seen. She straightened as I walked into the room. We locked eyes and she looked fierce.

"____?" Huey looked at me.

"I was just showing him my Grandmother's complete collection. You're more than welcome to read over it as well. There are some very interesting facts about humans in there," he hummed, placing a hand on Huey's shoulder.

"What are you thinking? That is too dangerous. You know that," Finch took a step towards the book.

"I'm not the bad guy here. I just want to make sure my family is safe. Keep your dumb secrets," I told them.

Guards ran in from either side of the room. A third walked in holding Gladstone. He was struggling but he was huge and the goose was not getting anywhere.

"Sir, we have apprehended Mr. McDuck," they said in unison. "We found him in the East Wing/ Courtyard."

"You brought that monster into this world?" Finch snapped at me.

"I didn't bring him anywhere. He did." My eyes cut to Bradford.

"Bradford," Finch scolded.

"Take Scrooge to the conference room. Both of them. Put him with the others," Bradford pointed at Gladstone, ignoring his grandmother. The guards took off. He looked back at me. "May, escort our guest to the entropic containment site."

"But I'm," June tried to correct him before he walked out of the room. Finch ran behind him yelling at him for bringing the other world's Scrooge here.

"Hue, run," I mouthed.

He bolted towards the exit and she flipped in front of him.

"June, he didn't even know who you were. Please, let Huey go. I'll go with you and take the blame."

She looked at me and Huey backed up. I could see her contemplating it.

"You can go willingly or tied up," June said.

I grabbed Huey.

"Show the way, Junebug."

She hesitated but headed down a hallway Bradford had. She let us down a grand staircase to the first floor. The grand entrance had once been beautiful, but now its oak doors weathered on the ancient hinges. She turned away from them and led us to where the garden on the map had been.

The center of the tower had been hollowed out and there was a platform going to the center. There was a crate sitting on the edge of the platform. It reminded me of a creepy inverted version of the Money Bin. I crept as close as I dared to the edge. At the bottom was a metal bowl that hummed with electricity. The power was supplied by a nearby generator. I hadn't seen the sight from above but I recognized it from my dream.

Above it were glass cages full of people and things from our adventures. Some I recognize. Some not so much. I scanned them and locked eyes with Goldie. She looked annoyed more than anything else but I tell she was in bad shape.

Before I could say anything Bradford walked in. He had changed into a suit. Webby dressed as May with the real May and June stood beside him.

"Webby! May! Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yea," Webby mumbled. May narrowed her eyes.

"The answer to their true purpose is right out there. You wouldn't deny them those answers would you?" Bradford hummed, waving towards the box.

Webby stepped up to the platform.

"Webby you don't have to do this," I pleaded.

"Huey! Webby! Aunt ____!" Dewey and Louie's voices rang out from the other side of the room. They ran around the circle.

"Stop them," Bradford said.

May bolted around the circle. June ran the other way. Just as they started to run, a sliver of gold light left the box. It floated into the air and fell towards Webby. Bradford reached above her head and snatched it.

"She did! It appeared to her!" June gasped. "What does it say?"

The words flew off the paper in golden scribbles into the metal bowl below.

"No! No! No! Who am I? Why was I made?" Webby screamed, nearly jumping after the disappearing words.

"Webby, no!" I scrambled and caught her from diving into the abyss.

"Oh, I created you to help me defeat Scrooge McDuck once and for all. And with this you just did," Bradford scoffed.

Webby jumped out of my arms and towards him. He swatted her like a fly across the room. She didn't move. Huey ran to her side. The boys were running again and her sisters easily took them down. I reared my fist back.

"Please, ____. Leave the children to the fighting so we can settle this like adults. Follow me." I swung at him and he dodged easily. "You're not a hand-to-hand combat kind of person."

I threw another punch and it connected.

"I've been corrected," he hummed, rubbing his jaw.

May and June already had Louie and Dewey tied up. They were closing in on the other two now.

"Don't hurt them," I said.

"They're well trained. That is entirely up to you. They won't lay a hand on them without my permission," he hummed, turning on his heel.

After a few minutes of following him, we reached a large open room. There was a sheet on the wall and a projector that was pointed at it. It showed Donald, Della, Beakley, and Gladstone chained up. A large table was in the center big enough to hold several dozen people. The two Scrooges were bound on either end. They looked unconscious. Finch was guarding them with a disappointed look.

"They're unharmed, just a bit unconscious," Bradford told me.

"Not my choice," Finch huffed.

At that, they both started twitching.

"Nice of the two of you to regain consciousness." They both spoke over each other. "Yes, yes, clever wordplay. Ms. Gander, would you like to join us? Take a seat."

I sat in the middle of the table. Both Scrooges' eyes snapped towards me.

"What do you want from me?" I snapped at Bradford.

Finch looked at her grandson and was also interested. It was clear she didn't know his end goal either. Though I didn't know why she would blindly side with him.

"Love, don't listen to him," the Scrooge on my left begged.

"Love, run!" The one on my right said.

"You're using magic against your so-called family," he spat the last word. I didn't respond. "That's very interesting. I told you we had the same goal."

"What might that be?" I asked.

"You crave control, _____. It's in your nature. I've watched you struggle with your so-called family for years for an ounce of trust. You don't have to continue this desperate act." Bradford crossed the room towards me.

"What are you talking about?" I hesitated and was confused.

"Bradford, you want her to use magic against her family?!" Finch was applauded. She clenched her fist. "You of all people should know better."

"She's done it before. Besides all she wants is life like that imp granted Donald. One where they all got along. There wasn't any adventure to stir up resentment or children getting hurt." He looked down at me. "Tell me you wouldn't have fought it if his magic would have worked on you?"

My first question was how he knew about Gene then I remembered the sudden lack of the genie in the manor.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked.

"Everything," he smirked. "As a 'Chronicler of the unknown' for the Junior Woodchucks, my grandmother dragged me on countless so-called 'adventures'."

"They were fun and educational," Finch interjected.

"They were reckless and dangerous! But, I did learn one thing, the world is full of chaos, and it's only getting worse. I analyzed these trends and found that in times of high ventures, finances are thrown into a tizzy, and the world becomes increasingly unpredictable. So I dedicated my life to containing that chaos. First at SHUSH then at FOWL even as McDuck Enterprise's CEO. Just in the past 30 years, we've seen hyper-intelligent rodents, caped Crusaders, lying Bears, bouncing bears, living statues, and a veritable troop of goofs, misfits, and adventures. And all these events over the past centuries, have one man in common."

"Don't say it," I mumbled.

"Who. Could. It. Be?" Images of Scrooge flashed on the screen with every word. Bradford chuckled, "Funny enough the amount of chaos Scrooge and others like him tend to cause is proportionally balanced by the humans they seem to attract."

"That's enough, Bradford," Finch snapped. Bradford glared at her. Finch didn't care she continued in a growl. "You know humans are short-sided. They can't see past the surface level of their actions."

"____'s different. It was just a matter of finding what made her tick. I thought it was your supposed love for Scrooge but now I know it's your protectiveness of those children."

"If you lay a hand on them," Bradford cut me off.

"Like I said it's up to you, _____. Harming them does not benefit me but can you honestly protect them from all of Scrooge's antics?" There was a small pause. I didn't know what to say.

"Bradford, I would never harm a bairn," the Scrooge to my right spat.

"But you've never cared for children, McDuck. Not even ones that are biological relatives. I remember when Donald and Della first came to you. You refused to learn their names."

My thoughts drift to May and June and how he had resented them since he first saw them. But then I thought of Webby, who he adored from the moment they met. Then I thought of Boyd, who he adopted without thought.

"I hired you so I could spend more time with them," Scrooge, on the right, argued.

I assumed he was the real one. The one on my left had hardly said a word the whole time and kept trying to undo his bonds quietly.

"No you hired me to make sure they were as far away from your money as possible," Bradford snapped back. "I tried to rein you in. Isolate you. But your adventures kept getting bigger as did your family. Children belong in school halls in shopping malls not gallivanting around the globe! After decades, I realized I can't stop you. But I can make a deal with you. After all, I'm a businessman, not a villain."

"What's your point?" I managed. I couldn't take this anymore.

"He clearly cannot be controlled by mortal means but maybe there's a different way." I went to protest but Finch spoke first.

"Bradford you can not possibly believe this is a good idea. Not after what happened to," Bradford cut Finch off.

"I've tried managing him without magic but you know how stubborn he can be. Besides, you were always the one scared of the Celestial Collection, not me," Bradford snapped.

I blinked. I heard that before in Disney's journal. They couldn't be referring to him. I shook my head and tried to refocus.

"What would this world be without adventure, Bradford?" I asked.

"A perfect world like yours, _____. One that is fair. Based on choices and consequences where you are judged based on your actions not on the whims of magic users or fool-hearted adventurers. One without good or evil."

"Do you think getting rid of magic and adventure will get rid of good and evil? Bradford, my world lacks magic and adventure is rare but the thing my earth lacks compared to this one is hope. People claw tooth and nail day and night to find it in them to make it to the next day. It is a world where tragedy and loss are commonplace. All that is left is chaos! A world without the wonder and possibility of adventure can turn everyone in it into a villain!" I banged on the table and stood to make my point. I turned to Finch. "Maybe that's why we seem short-sighted. We don't know if we'll get a tomorrow so we make do with what we have today."

"She's right, Bradford. You remember Elias' stories of his world. Do you resent me taking you on those trips so much you would recreate that here?" Finch looked angry.

"Elias told us those cautionary tales to help us make this world better," Bradford said. "I'm sure she's just doing the same."

"Whatever Disney told you definitely wasn't exaggerated. It was probably underselling if I had to guess," I added. I could see Finch wanted to ask if I knew him. "Most humans are like children. They don't know better. We can turn on those we love out of self-preservation even when there is no need. We are corrupt because there is no alternative to protect us in our world! That's what kind of world mine is, Bradford!"

My point was punctuated by Nega-Scrooge, who punched Bradford in the face.

"Good speech, Doll! But enough talking," he said, straightening.

"He wasn't a very good Junior Woodchuck, was he? Those knocks were terrible." Scrooge added, ringing his wrist.

He ran down the length of the table at Bradford. He hooked his cane around his neck and slung him into a stack of creates. He raised his cane again and before it hit the ground Bradford had rolled away and was holding the Sword of Swanstantine. Black and red armor engulfed him.

"Now on to new business," Bradford said, swinging the sword.

"Bradford, rethink this!" Finch shouted.

The Scrooges jumped on him. They both wanted revenge for different reasons and neither was going to question the other's help. They parried and blocked. I could tell they were on the losing side. I couldn't keep track of my Scrooge in all the flipping and sliding.

"Little help, Love!" One of the Scrooges said.

"I... I can't. My magic. The sword," I fumbled over my words.

"Go! Go find the kids!" One said.

I didn't want to leave but I was worse than useless so I ran. I made it down the hallway and slowed as it opened into a large room. I saw Huey, Dewey, and Louie hanging upside down beside Webby. June and May were finishing tying up Gandra, Gyro, and Ludwig VonDrake.

"If this is the end, I'm glad we're together," Huey's voice echoed down the hallway.

"This is not comforting to me. I do not want to die," Louie quipped.

"They're so sweet. Family together. Just like us," June cooed.

"Focus! It's almost over. We've gotta keep these guys on lockdown so we can win and learn all the secrets and then Heron and Buzzard will be super proud of us."

"May. June. You don't have to win to have someone feel proud of you," I said, stepping into the room. "If they were really your parents they would be proud of you just for being you."

"What are you doing here?! You're supposed to be with Director Buzzard!" May jumped.

A blue square appeared from May's watch. Bradford stood victorious, Scrooge bound at his feet in chains. In the background Heron and two of Bradford's clones were standing behind Donald, Della, Gladstone, and Beakley, who were all bound.

"This is the last adventure. The Ramrod tech has been altered to no longer teleport objects to other dimensions, it eliminates them from existence," Bradford monologue.

Scrooge turned pale.

"Nice outfit. I knew I would make a villain of you," Heron hummed in approval.

"FOWL has stolen a world's worth of adventures, and it all be thrown down here. Gone forever," Bradford boasted. "Thanks for the help by the way."

"Each of them will soon be erased from existence as well. Even you McDuck. If Ms. Gander denies my proposal." Bradford held up a contract and turned to the screen.

"A contract." He turned to the screen. "I'm sure by now you've noticed that Missing Mysteries are the only thing in our world that affects your magic. It states you will cease time traveling immediately, relinquish use of your magic permanently, and Scrooge McDuck never adventures again or it will instantly return you to that world you seem to despise so much. In return, I guarantee the safety of the McDucks. And to ensure you can't break this you'll sign there on the..."

"Papyrus of binding," Scrooge finished the sentence.

The people in the glass boxes banged on their cells. The noise echoed so loud we could hear it even without the webcam.

"With the power to control reality, making this document legally, and mystically unbreakable," Bradford said. "And with the double strength of human magic, the seal will be unbreakable by anything known or unknown in our universe and you will have your perfect family."

"Oh come off it Bradford. If you want to get rid of everything unpredictable, you would have to get rid of your own agents, too," Scrooge popped.

Bradford wordlessly sheathed his sword and threw his clones into the pit. Heron snickered but Bradford pushed her in as well.

"Mom! No!" June cried.

"Wait, he's gonna get rid of his own team too?!" Gandra asked.

"Do you know how replaceable clones are?" Gyro asked. I glared at him. He snapped his mouth shut.

"Didn't Webby find the Papyrus?" Huey asked. "Mom told us the story. She said it was only the truest member of clan McDuck that could find it."

"Turest members," Webby said. "I was there when he wrote it. He wrote truest members. Plural."

"Then why didn't it appear to us?" Louie asked. "We checked that room like ten times because someone, Dewey, doesn't know how only right-hand turns work."

"It had to be all six of you." They all looked at me. "Think about it. June and May had been in that room before. Nothing happened. June and Huey were on the floor above it but in the room. Still, nothing happened. If you two had been in there before then all three of you were in the room. Again on separate floors but still nothing. Webby, May, June, and Huey were in there and nothing happened until Dewey and Louie ran in."

"But why?" June asked.

"What?! No... no... no... no... no. That's impossible. Unless. Oh my gosh! No, wait. It couldn't be. Could it?" Huey looked at Ludwig."May and June are made from Webby. But who is Webby made from?"

"Why your old Uncle Scrooge of course," Ludwig smiled. Everyone gasped except me. "You fellas all knew that right?"

"I think I was the only one that had pieced it together," I whispered.

"Well of course you knew that ____ seeing as how your genetic code is what held her together. A mother always knows," Ludwig laughed.

"What?" My heart nearly stopped.

Everyone gasped again.

"You're my mom?" Webby asked.

We locked eyes. I didn't even have time to process it before June was crying.

"That's why we were made," May ranted. "So Bradford could find some dumb piece of paper and get rid of us?!"

"We weren't even good enough to do that," June whispered, looking like she might cry. "We never have been.

They started crying. I walked over to them and hugged them. I pulled away enough to look at them.

"You're worth isn't based on those who made you. It's based on who you are and what you choose to do. I should know. Bradford wants to make this world like mine but that is a scary place where you have to do bad things for good reasons. My friends... my family here showed me that things don't have to be that way."

"Yeah!" Webby piped up. "Family are people that stick by you, fight for you, blindly invade, a sinister villains' secret stronghold for you."

"Twice in one week," Dewey nodded.

"Family would do anything to keep you safe and sacrifice everything to love you no matter who or what you are. Like Scrooge. Like my Granny. Or like you two," Webby speechified.

"And they definitely wouldn't forget your names or hurt those you care about," I added.

"Please help us save our family," Webby said.

Both of our dreams of Scrooge falling into that pit flashed in my at the same time.

"Scrooge!" Webby and I said together.

"We've got to go!" I said.

May and June looked at each other and nodded. They helped me untie the others and we ran to where the others were being held. I stopped them before we walked around the corner.

"Alright, you guys sneak around behind them. I'll distract him."

Before they could protest I stepped out. The people in the cages grew deadly quiet and I could feel the weight of their eyes.

"About time, Ms. Gander now let's get down to brass tax. What do you say? Sign it or lose your so-called family," he sneered. He threw the contract at my feet.

"They are my family!" I stomped.

"The Papyrus doesn't think so. If you remember correctly I asked the Papyrus, to make the McDucks forget I was ever on their first Adventure to find it. Their family adventure," he sneered, "and what happened? They forgot you were there, as well!"

Feton, LP, and DW appeared at the edge of my vision. They knew the plan. They were still listening to the coms.

"Just because I'm not a McDuck by blood doesn't mean I'm not a part of the family," I growled.

"You will never be a McDuck!" Bradford snapped.

"He's wrong, Aunt ____!" "Yea, you're family!" "Sweetheart." Cries from the family went up. Even some of the people in cells joined in.

"Feton cut coms," I whispered as their yells echoed through the chamber.

A second passed and Fenton's voice was in my ear. "It's just us."

"Scan Scrooge," I whispered.

"That's a Scrooge is from a different universe. What is the play?"

"That's what I was hoping you'd say," I smiled to myself.

Bradford picked Nega-Scrooge up by his shirt collar and held him over the edge of the glowing bowl. I saw the kids sneaking up behind Beakley, Donald, Della, and Gladstone. Webby, Huey, and Dewey got ready to attack.

"I'm calling your bluff, Bradford. You've told me yourself. You're not a murderer."

"Desperate times. Call for desperate measures," he grinned.

The kids need more time. I locked eyes with Bradford.

"I wish I could tell you that makes you human but that just makes you evil," I growled. "Because that's what you want to be right? Human? This isn't the way." I laughed cruelly. He shifted, intrigued at the sudden shift of attitude. Though he wasn't anywhere near the kids anymore. "A human would have me sign then throw him in."

Nega-Scrooge squirmed but there was no escape. I could see the panic and fear in my family's eyes. I wished I could calm them down. If I had any magic left I would. The only thing keeping them quiet was the kids untying them. They knew I was buying time.

"A human like you, Ms. Gander? Who would gamble with your supposed love's life so callously?" he snapped.

Louie finished unlocking Della's handcuff. The girls had been working on the other two. Gyro and Gandra ran in with several others of the family on their tales.

"Bradford, this is what I think of your proposal." I held it above the glowing bowl and watched the paper sink like a brick into the bowl.

"Interesting choice," he hummed. "You've brought this on yourself!"

He dropped Nega-Scrooge into the bowl. There was a sickening zap and deadly silence followed.

"Uncle Scrooge!!!" The words echoed throughout the chasm.

"Well perhaps you can save the rest," he was cut off.

Webby came out of nowhere and landed on Bradford's back. She hit him with magic, blasting him into the ground. She was fighting in a blinded rage. He threw her across the room. Huey and Dewey weren't far behind. Dewey ran between Bradford's legs, tripping him. Huey was blindly punching as well.

Beakley stopped Della from stage diving after Nega-Scrooge.

"We need to be smart about this," Beakley said.

Beakley managed to get Bradford in a vice grip. Della, LP, and DW helped the kids pull the sword away from him.

I raced to the generator. Gyro and Fenton were right behind me. Gyro opened the back of the container but Fenton looked at me.

"What do you need?" he asked me.

"Break it!" I shouted, without thinking.

The Gizmosuit produced a gun and shot at the machine. The blast missed because Donald tackled Fenton.

"What are you doing?!" Donald yelled.

I grabbed the biggest rock I could find and smashed it. Sparks hissed at me and I hit again and again and again. Gyro yelped as it shocked him. Someone grabbed the back of my shirt, pulling me backwards. I struggled in Gladstone's and Donald's grasp.

"Aunt ____, what are you doing?!" Donald screamed. He looked beyond concerned.

To them, I looked crazy. I was sweating, crying, and now laughing because they didn't know. They didn't know that wasn't...

"Scrooge," I whispered.

I spun and started towards the conference room. Finch was hovering over him. Putting pressure on his side. He was bleeding. Webby ran up beside me. I tried to hold her back but she put her hand on the cut.

"Conviertete id quod olim fuiste," she whispered.

He groaned and sat up.

"Dad! You're okay!" She sobbed into his chest.

"Webby, give him some room to breathe."

I helped him stand but I couldn't tell who was holding who up. Concerned and confused comments flew around us. I realized that everyone had followed us. Scrooge was physically drained and I was mentally unhinged. His hand found my hand and played with the ring.

"Wait, how did you know it was the imposter?" Bradford asked, struggling in Beakley's grasp.

"Because she is his wife, you idiot?" Gladstone scoffed.

The room was suddenly silent. Everyone's eyes were on us. Della was grinning ear to ear and Gladstone gave me a single nod. My face was red.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Beakley asked.

"You're what?!" Louie said, dramatically.

"Congratulations," Donald smiled.

"So technically," Huey cut me off.

"You are McDuck and when he didn't correct Bradford you knew something was wrong," Huey pieced it together.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"Well at least legally because if she's not making you give her a real wedding I am." Della crossed her arms.

"Of course, las," he chuckled.

A round of congratulations went up. Everyone seemed genuinely happy for us. Hundreds of questions started but Boyd ran through the crowd to hug me.

"Congratulations, Mom and Dad!" Webby dove into Scrooge's chest.

He looked down at her. Then up at me. His eyes held the question, Mom? But his mouth asked, "Dad?"

"Dad," she smiled.

"Guess you got your title," I said.

"Webby, darling," he hugged her.

"I told you everything would be okay, Princess," I whispered, hugging both of them.

May and June were standing over to the side and I waved them over. They joined the family hug and before I knew it I was surrounded by everyone in the room.

"Can we go home? It has been a wild day," Louie said.

"I second that," I laughed.

"Well we sorta crash the SunChaser," Dewey said.

"Cannea be worse than anything we've seen before," Scrooge turned around.

He was right. It wasn't that bad. The wing was detached but Fenton helped out by lifting it and Boyd used his laser vision to weld it back on. Gyro was inside finishing up releasing the last of the prisoners.

I just held Scrooge up the entrance to the library or maybe he was holding me. The remaining eggheads had scattered to the wind.

"I want a three-week-long honeymoon," I told him. "Somewhere with no adventure and no people and the only thing to worry about is that everything is terribly overpriced."

"I'll see what I can do." His chuckle turned into a cough.

"Are you alright?"

"I could get used to hearing you be called mom," Scrooge ignored me as we watched them rebuild the plane.

"Scrooge I don't think you understand," I started. He narrowed his eyes. "We are her biological parents."

"That cannea be. Can it?" he asked surprised.

"Ludwig can explain better but yes." I turned to the Dr...

He had been hovering around us since we got out of the library.

"I would also like to hear this," Gyro said, moving into earshot.

"I would too," Gandra said, moving closer.

"Planes ready!" Della announced.

"Well we have the inflight entertainment," Gradra said, pulling Ludwig behind her.

I helped Scrooge to the plane. Soon everyone was sitting around the professor and was ready to listen as the plane soared through the air.

"Well, you see, about 14 years ago. Bradford had been forcing me to work for him for several years but one day he came up with the idea to use clones." Everyone looked at Gyro, who scoffed and looked away. "He forced me to start the cloning project. McDuck was at the top of his list but others were included. However, the Scrooge clones either came out too much like Scrooge or didn't survive the genetic alterations. I started my own digging through the list of people he wanted me to clone. There wasn't enough genetic material from ____ to clone but there was enough to hold together Scrooge's DNA."

"Wait so that means Webby is Scrooge and ____'s biological daughter!!!" Huey gasped.

"What!? Of course not. Well, technically, that's not completely inaccurate," Ludwig nodded.

"How did you mix their DNA?" Gyro was too invested and I was definitely going to keep an eye on him after this.

"I didn't. I discovered that human RNA had no issues rebuilding proteins in our DNA. With a few minor modifications to ____'s RNA could rebuild the modifications I made to Scrooge's DNA. Essentially a copy of Scrooge just made in the image of his beloved ____."

A mixture of ews and aws went up. I was pretty sure Goldie was going to puke. I think I even muttered something to the effect of adorable. I looked at Fenton, who looked panicked. If anyone else had access to my blood, I could only imagine what they could do. Scrooge grabbed my hand and twisted the ring.

"What about us?" May asked.

"The process for you two was similar but has a few key differences. The main difference was that Heron took over the project after the first Headquarters was destroyed. She had a habit of tweaking genes."

"So they're not our parents?" June looked like she was going to cry.

"They are but the three of you are trizygotic triplets not identical," Ludwig said.

"Somethings bugging me," Della said. "How come we forgot you from the first adventure when we found the Papyrus? Webby was still there but you disappeared."

"Actually I may have the answer to this one." Lena stepped up. "Human magic typically works on your belief system but since the Papyrus worked literally. It only worked for Webby because she was genetically a McDuck but since ____ wasn't a McDuck yet she disappeared."

I didn't correct her but I knew she was wrong. It was a belief. My belief. I hadn't felt like a McDuck while I knew Webby was a McDuck and that was why they forgot me and not her. The group slowly dispersed. Gyro continued asking questions and I nodded at Fenton to keep an eye on him. Goldie walked over to me.

"The street rat was wrong wasn't she?" Goldie asked. I nodded. "I know that feeling but trust me you are more of a McDuck than you know."

"Was that a compliment?"

"If you think being a McDuck is a good thing," she shrugged and walked off.

"Love?" Scrooge nodded me over to where he was standing.

I walked over to him.

"I'm a father now," he smiled, watching the kids.

We watched the girls and Boyd talk to each other, apologize, and tell their side of the story.
After a few minutes, it reality hit me. He didn't ask for this. I had adopted Boyd on my own. Sure he had expected it in the heat of the moment. Now he had three girls to take off. My heart raced that he would take it back.

"What about Boyd? I mean we'll have four kids now. I knew about Webby. Well, I knew she was McDuck but your kid. I wouldn't have blamed you. But I didn't want to think about it. I couldn't," I panicked.

He cupped my face.

" ____ before I proposed to you I long expected that we were going to have a family. I didn't know what form it would take, be it my extended family or adoption, I accepted it and wanted to have a family with you." He took my hands. "Only with you."

After a second he chuckled, "I don't think either of us would have ever expected things to turn out this way. But I couldn't be happier to be a father with a real family, and with you by my side, I think I will make a halfway decent one."

"You have always had a real family and were a father to Donald and Della and if these four turn out half as good as them I'll consider it a win," I hummed.

"I love you," Scrooge said and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too," I hummed.

I just wanted to sleep but Lena kept sending me looks like she wanted to talk. I walked over to empty-ish space on the plane.

"What was that?" Lena asked. "When the plane crashed, I could feel your magic surrounding me."

"I think it has something to do with these." I held up the friendship bracelet. "Something similar happened when I was with Webby earlier."

"But you used your remaining magic to save me?" Lena said it like a question.

"I told you I wouldn't let anything happen to you," I smiled.

She fell into me. Violet pointed at us and Webby looked at us and smiled brightly. Lena yawned.

"Alright kiddo go get some sleep," I laughed and ruffled her hair, she would have protested more but we were both exhausted.

I started to walk back to Scrooge but Finch stopped me. It had been a hard decision to let her on the plane without restraints but she had stopped Scrooge from bleeding out.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have judged you so harshly," she mumbled.

"You thought I was a villain. You made the hero's call based on that. You even saved Scrooge's life despite everything. I owe you my gratitude," I said.

"Can I ask a question?" she said.

"Shoot," I hummed.

"You acted like you knew Elias? How," I cut her off.

"Walt Disney was famous in my world. He is responsible for making your world famous there," I mumbled, blushing.

"Walt," she whispered. She looked like she might cry. "That was his son's name."

"I'm sorry I couldn't be more help," I mumbled.

The trip back to Duckburg was filled with stories of what everyone went through. I tried to tune it out and go to sleep, but I found myself staring out the window, urging us to get home faster. My magic still wasn't working and it made me feel vulnerable even though we were out of danger.

Eventually, we made it home. People filed into the hangar and made plans for the night. Della was so tired she passed out in her bed with people still in the hangar.

Webby showed May, June, Lena, and Violet to her room. The rest of the kids made it to their rooms. Most of the guest rooms were being occupied as well. Scrooge and I made it to our room without dodging too many questions. Mostly everyone was just thankful to have actually bed tonight.

I laid in bed knowing that in the morning everything would be different. I wouldn't just be an aunt, I would be a mom. I would be a wife. All the conversation from earlier rattling around in my head.

Scrooge rolled over. He was watching. There was something in his eyes I didn't like. He looked like he was seeing me for the first time and truly seeing how different I was from him.

"Is everything you said earlier true?" he asked.

"It's been a long thing and I've said many things," I joked but his attitude didn't change.

"About your world. Is it really that bad?"

I sighed. "We are not as bad as we once were. Most people nowadays are just trying to survive and be happy. There's the occasional asshole but society usually shuts them down pretty fast. I mean we still have flaws but we're getting better with each generation."

He hugged me. He didn't speak. He just held me. Maybe everything would be okay. Maybe.

Word Count: 8011

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 991 24
Even though it has some lemons doesn't mean I'm gonna do a lot more of it and this is a Ducktales fanfiction about the reader that has married the du...
4.1K 129 21
I ended up in DuckTales in the weirdest way possible! Even more bizarre things happen when I find out I have a life there! About three episodes equal...
49.9K 1.5K 19
Louie always had inner demons, but when they start to get worse, Louie questions not only his bad side but his good side. (Contains: bad thoughts, b...
13.4K 443 21
╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ immortal servant . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ an immortal, who was casually defeated by scrooge is now working as his servant ࿐ྂ ...