Lurking Dreams

By Supreme_Enchantress

Calliope, or known as the Lady of Chaos. Is a being of phenomenal power. Created by a group of mystical entit... More

~ Calliope ~
~ Prologue ~
Chapter One: The Summoning
Chapter Two: Grimoire
Chapter Three: Raven
Chapter Four: Intruder
Chapter Five: Realm
Chapter Six: A Century
Chapter Seven: Cain & Abel
Chapter Eight: A Name
Chapter Nine: Posion
Chapter Eleven: Doubt
Chapter Twelve: Sand
Chapter Thirteen: Rachel
Chapter Fourteen: The Truth
Chapter Fifteen: Love?
Chapter Sixteen: Crown
Chapter Seventeen: The Oldest Game
Chapter Eighteen: The Winner
Chapter Nineteen: Love Thy Queen
Chapter Twenty: Let Go
Chapter Twenty-One: Aurelia
Chapter Twenty-Two: Return
Chapter Twenty-Three: Poem
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Reward
Chapter Twenty-Five: Vengeance
Chapter Twenty-Six: Sweet Death
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Casey
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Unknown
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Rose
~ Epilogue ~

Chapter Ten: Constantine

865 46 4
By Supreme_Enchantress

     Dream and I were transported to London, and came out onto the Westminster bridge where you can see Big Ben. The water that surrounded us dropped as if we were now standing in a puddle. I swirled my hand up, as red energy came free from my hand, and suddenly red mist shot up my body and changed my outfit to a newer one. These new heels gave me a few inches, and I looked hot. I notice Dream staring at me, and at my choice of outfit.

"Too similar to yours?" I questioned, as I was wearing a black knee length button up coat. "So, do you know where this woman will be?" I questioned, as Dream shoved his hands into his black trench coat pockets, and began to walk across the bridge. "Is that a yes?" I shoved my hands into my own coat. I followed him closely, walking side by side. We walked for a few minutes, the air silent between us.

"Will you ever tell me what you're thinking?" I questioned, but he kept his mouth shut and focused on walking. "I can't just peer inside that head of yours. Which is frustrating," the only downside is that higher beings than myself I couldn't manipulate or enter their minds.

"I could say the same thing," he retorted, not turning his head to the right, just keeping it straight forward.

"Oh, the horrors you would see," I replied with a grin, finding that my mind was filled with such horrors that it would overwhelm Dream of the Endless himself. But who knows that fate.

Dream and I walked in peace and silence, he was guiding us both in the direction of the Church of England. One of the most famous ones that is. As we approached the church, I felt a coldness coming from within. It was a strange feeling, a place of God shouldn't feel this cold. A presence of a Demon must be within. Dream walked up the steps to the main area of the church, outside of it. My eyes went from him, and as he could go introduce himself to her. I had other plans.

In a blink of an eye, I was transported from outside into the Church, and it was massive. Very nice decorum, and the taxpayer money going into it. But I blinked again, and found myself in an office. There were two people, the princess, and a black man, a football player. Neither one of them could see me, but I stared at them both, seeing who was possessed. Instantly, my eyes travelled to the football player, he had this dark aura about him, and I was Lady of Chaos after all. I know my shit.

I love a bit of chaos in the mortal realm, when other realms involve themselves in mortal affairs, like this one. He clearly wanted the Princess for a reason. I just watched as a spectator, invisible to the naked eye. It didn't take long for them to move into the main area of the Church to be wed.

My eyes cast upon this woman, knowing that she was not a priest, but a magic user. So, this was the Constantine Dream was talking about. She did look kind of yummy in that outfit. Living for millions of years, you've probably fucked everyone. I watched as she began to speak a ritual in Latin, to express the demon from the host. Her eyes were mainly on the Princess thinking she was the one possessed. Until Kevin - the football player began to heave, as she spoke Latin. Soon enough he fell to his knees, but Constantine continued to chant. From behind Constantine, I could see the demon's fingers poking out of his mouth, as he was being expelled. The demon began to growl as his arms began to wave around, before grabbing the head of his host, and ripping it apart, sending blood everywhere. I forget demon possession is kind of messy.

"Ric!" Constantine raises her voice to alert the real priest. "You were right about the demon, wrong about the host," she told Ric, eyes remaining on the large demon in front of them.

"Fuckin' hell," a preist that swears, you gotta love it.

"Get her out of here," Constantine introduced, and Ric did what she told.

"Come on, love, come on," Ric descended down the steps, and grabbed the Princess, guiding her away from the scene. Constantine began to speak Latin once again as she began to descend the steps.

"You... Talk too much," The demon sprouted, turning around to face Constantine.

"Tell me your name and I'll stop," she announces.

"Why would I do that? When there are far more enjoyable ways to make you stop," he announces, and I could see that his teeth were pointed, sharp, ready to slice into human flesh.

"His name is Agilieth," Dream's voice pierced my ear, making me see him out of the corner of my eye.

"I knew it began with an A!" I pointed out, seeing that Constantine turned around to face Dream and I, and Agilieth locking eyes with both of us.

"I'm flattered you remember me, Lord Morpheus, after all your time away," he states, before his eyes flicker to me. "And Lady Chaos, the stories through Hell do not do you justice," he was sweet talking to me, Demon always liked a taste of me.

"Lord Morpheus?" Constantine states in disbelief.

"He is. Though, I confess, I almost didn't recognize you without your helm. I wonder where your helm could be," Agilieth was taunting Dream with the location of his helm in Hell.

"I presume it is in Hell, with the demon to whom it was traded," Dream replies, keeping his tone of voice deep, but soft.

"Yes, but which Demon? Give me the Princess, and I'll tell you," before Dream had a chance to consider, Constantine began to chant Latin once again, and this time held up a golden cross.

"Wait!" Dream steps forward, as the Demon was encased in a fiery rope of mist that sprouted from the ground. She needed the name of the Demon to exorcise it back to Hell. Ameture, I could simply say a spell, and he'll be there before I finish the last line.

"Fine, fine! I'll tell you where your helm is, just don't send me back," Agilieth pleaded, not wanting to be sent back to Hell.

"Constantine. Stop!" Dream moved more forward, but Constantine did not listen. "I command you!" He yells over the groaning, and grunts coming from the demon.

"Dream of the Endless commands you!" Agilieth shouts at Constantine, but simply put she didn't give a rats ass.

"Run along, and fuck off back to Hell," Constantine spoke with a sass, which just made me like her even more now. I couldn't be bothered to intervene in this, if Dream wanted the Demon so bad, he could have stopped her. The fiery mist ropes tighten around the demon, and pull until he vaprates into dust, and floats to the ground being sent back to Hell.

"You have no idea what you've done," Dream announces, now down the steps, staring straight at Constantine. She closed the book shut she was reading from and had a sway as she walked forward.

"I do though... I've just tripled my fee," she was so smug about it, and she didn't care. I was actually stunned, as I watched her turn and walk away from us. "Oi, Ric! Whom do I invoice for this, Church of England or Buckingham Palace?" She raised her voice so she would be heard, as I came down the steps, and stood next to Dream, watching her walk away.

"Oh, she is definitely Constantine," a smile came to my lips, as Dream turned his head to meet my gaze. "You know, I met a Constantine awhile back. He was so handsome, and one thing led to another... What a fun night," I bit my bottom lip, reminiscing about the past.

"You could have intervened," Dream responded, dismissing my other comments.

"And miss that masterpiece!" I retorted, pointing to the scene that we just witnessed, as I let out a chuckle also. "Not a chance... Plus, I liked watching you not get what you want," a smug smile came across my lips, as I began to walk forward, feeling Dream's eyes stay with me as I walked.

....................

I was sitting outside, on a bench as Dream was talking to a woman, and I didn't want to be a part of it. So, I was waiting for our next move, and I stared up at the night sky. Seeing the stars shining, and looking ever so peaceful up there, millions of miles away.

"I said the Sandman, and I meant the bleedin' Sandman. It's good to have you back, milord. Don't let her mess you about," the woman spoke, before wandering away from Dream while Constantine approached him.

"My gran used to tell me stories about you lot. And that of Chaos," her eyes wandered over to me, as I offered a smile, and wave.

"I've known your family for centuries," Dream admits, bringing Constantine's focus back to him.

"Then you know there's not one of us that can be trusted," she reminds him that the Constantine bloodline were thick as thieves, and not likeable in a way. "What do you want with me?" She asks, wanting to know why one of the Endless, and Lady of Chaos wanted her.

"Something of mine came into your possession. A leather pouch filled with sand. I need it back,"

"Oh, that was yours?" She recalls the pouch. "Bought it at an estate sale. Didn't even manage to get the drawstring open,"

"Where is it?" Dream asks, wanting to get the pouch and leave to Hell to claim his helm.

"No Idea. Could be anywhere,"

"We must find it,"

"Must we? Why is that?" She was like a firecracker, and it was refreshing to see it in a mortal.

"Because without it, my realm will cease to exist, and if dreams disappear, then so will humanity," Dream offered the only worse case there was if his realm was not fixed.

"No offence, but... I could do without dreams for a while. Haven't had a decent night's sleep in ages," she responds, before stepping forward, wanting to leave this conversation behind, but Dream stepped in her way, stopping her.

"Nor will you. Until we find the sand. We must go now," Dream was not getting anywhere with her. I groaned aloud, standing up from the bench, my eyes on Constantine.

"I like you Constantine, I do. And I don't want to forcefully enter your mind, and trust me it will hurt," I walked towards her, my eyes emitted their deep red glow, hoping to imitate her.

"Does this approach generally work for you both? You just turn up and order people about? Or threaten them?" Constantine's eyes flicked between Dream and I.

"Yes," we both spoke in unison, as my eyes dimmed back to their chocolate brown colour.

"All right," he had a moment to think about her choices. "I will help you find your sand," she agreed to help us find Dream's sand.

"Good,"

"First thing tomorrow-"

"No,"

"And I work alone," Dream and Constantine spoke over one another. "Don't want you and your friend following me all over London,"

"You think we're friends?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow, finding that statement questionable.

"Is that not your raven?" Constantine turned her head past me and to the bench, making Dream and I turn our heads to see a raven perched on the back. "My gran said Dream always had a raven," yeah, it made sense she was on about the raven and not Dream and I.

"Not anymore," Dream admits, before wandering over to the raven, as my eyes returned to Constantine, who I knew was going to run for it.

"Good ahead," I whispered to her, and offered a cheeky wink. She smirked at my action, before going down the steps. I turned my back, not witnessing the runway Constantine, as I watched the interaction with Dream and his raven.

"She's getting away, sir," the raven speaks, making Dream turn around to see that Constantine had vanished. "See, this... this is why you need a raven," the raven states, pushing its luck with his master.

"Go back to the Dreaming, Matthew," it was more of an order than a statement, but I could tell this raven wasn't going to take that order.

****************
A/N
Surprise bitches! Did you miss me bitches?! Haha, I hope you all enjoy this surprised publishing as I felt better!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442 105 63
Volume 1 of the "Age of Solace" series. (Part 1 of 4). A serious dark-fantasy story. Descriptive violence and gore, as well as dark themes (Rated M...
62.5K 2.9K 37
THE HYMN OF FORBIDDEN ━ ❝Their love was ethereal but forbidden.❞ Based on The Sandman Series & Comics AU Morpheus/ Dream of the Endless × Fem OC Comp...
24.7K 770 31
Pandora Archer was recruited to the Legends and had only met John Constantine one other time before he was later then recruited to be apart of the le...
16.4K 746 20
FYI- This is a character x reader story!! Y/N L/N portrays themself as just a normal person, living a normal life, in a normal town. But, unbeknownst...