{๐‘ฒ๐’Š๐’”๐’” & ๐‘ป๐’†๐’๐’} Bakugou...

By Ivoryseia

๐ˆ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ๐ž... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Kick start
Chapter 2: Mundane Living
Chapter 3: Ghibli Love
Chapter 4 : Restart
Chapter 5: Love is war.
Chapter 6: Studious.
Chapter 7: Tease
C'mon! (+18)
HIATUS
Chapter 9: Leave
Chapter 10: Truth
Chapter 11: Head in the clouds
Chapter 12: Whispers
Chapter 13: Witness
Chapter 14: Cool down
Chapter 15: Pool A
Chapter 16: Invatation
Chapter 17: Tassle
Chapter 18: Again? (+18)
Chapter 19: Home at last (18+)
Chapter 20: Contract?
Chapter 22: The verdict
Formal thank you + Notice
EXTRA 1: It's not mine, It's ours
Extra 2: The Big Idea
Extra 3: Rose oil
Extra 4: Slasher 18+
Extra 5: No Cheating (18+)
Extra 6: It's the one
Extra 7: Lemon and Cherry
Tie the knot (PART 1)
Tie the knot (FINAL CHAPTER)
Question

Chapter 21: Judge & jury

1.6K 45 8
By Ivoryseia

All eyes were on you, now. The room was wide, and loud. 

Though there were no more than 5 feet apart from your booth, and the seat Makaiyla sat in, it felt like an eon. 

To the public, you really did look like some sort of homewrecker. 

Which explains the room full of soul-crushing, resolve-crumbling, confidence-destroying stares.

 That is when the judge calls the trial to begin. 

You watch as Makaiyla's attorneys whisper something into her ear. 

You don't care for what it was, as you were far too busy looking at the woman who was seemingly in her late 40s to early 50s, glaring at Katsuki. 

You didn't know who she was, yet she seemed like the biggest threat so far. 

You sit patiently, watching as the attorney speaks to the jury and judge, presenting the contract and underlining the parts where it states adultery is not permitted. 

That's when something catches your eye, at the tippy top of the damning piece of paper. 

It only states how signing a marriage certificate solidifies the agreement. 

But since the both of them were very much not, married. 

It makes the contract void, no? 

So you lean in to speak to one of the attorneys and point out the part at the top. 

Your attorney nods, and you speak with Katsuki. 

"Have you proposed to Makaiyla?" 

you whisper, and he shakes his head with a grimace. 

You nod. 

If he hasn't even proposed, how the hell would he have signed a marriage certificate? 

That's when the judge gives your attorney a turn to speak. 

They underline the part where it says marriage certificate. 

The jury looks around the room, looking for who to believe, let alone who to side with. 

The attorneys from the other side call you to the side and start rapid-firing questions. 

You answer honestly and quickly trying to keep up. 

"Did you, miss L/N commit adultery with mister Bakugou Katsuki?"

 you think on it for a moment 'Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his/her spouse.' the answer is no. 

"No." 

the attorney nods, pacing in front of you, back and forth. 

"Did you, sleep with mister Bakugou Katsuki?" 

"Yes." 

the attorney looks at the judge, and both the judge and jury look at you confused. 

"Then you did commit adultery?" 

"No, since either me or Katsuki would have to be married for it to be considered adultery," 

you say without a beat. 

You remember your attorney telling you the definition of adultery and infidelity, but both claims would be void since one of you would have to be married

"Then miss L/N, you committed infidelity, which is still a moral crime." 

the answer is again no. 

Infidelity; is the action or state of being unfaithful to a spouse or other sexual partner. 

Actually, if anything, you could file for infidelity against Makaiyla.

"No, I did not." 

you remain still-faced despite the urge to smile and rub it in Makaiyla's face. 

That's when Makaiyla pushes her chair back, almost knocking it into the wall. 

And that's when you realize, she didn't do this herself. 

She couldn't have. 

She wanted something but had someone help her get it. 

Like a little girl who cants reach a jar of cookies, forcing her mommy to get it for her. 

After she makes a scene the judge calls for a recess and your attorneys look over the contract once again. 

they know you're right. 

The contract is void, and they have no reason to have even brought this case up. 

It should be an almost default victory, they said. 

"So, now is a good time to bring up the fact she hit me, right?" 

your attorney whips her head around, faster than you can end the sentence. 

"Like- hand contact?" 

"Yes-?"

 your attorney shakes you, a wild expression on her face. 

"AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO LET ME KNOW?" 

she screeches, her grip on your shoulders held emotion and her face practically had the words, betrayal written all over it. 

"It was just a slap, so I didn't think it would be enough to-" 

"There is no definition of assault in japan silly, as long as she touched your body with ill intent without your consent, it's assault." 

she shook her head, and she sighs. 

"If we brought this up then we would have to start a completely new trail." 

that sounded like too much work. 

"It's fine, we can probably use it if things start to look bad." 

Katsuki throughout this has been entirely silent. 

He spoke when spoken to. 

You looked over to him, and it was pretty easy to tell he was beating himself up again. 

He sat hunched in his chair, his face looked stormy.  

You placed an open palm on his knee, a silent invitation to hold your hand. 

After that, all of you went back into the courtroom for the final part before the jury makes their decision. 

It felt like a blur, and while you fiddled with your fingers feeling the guilt bubble up in your chest.

 'If he signed it, he must've had a reason.' you think to yourself.

 Even though your moral compass is broken and smashed, it still screams into your ears, telling you that this was wrong, and your fault. 

But a squeeze of your hand tells you that the trial is done. 

He leads you out of the room full of peering eyes and back into the consultation room. 

The attorney breaks the tension, 

"Stop walking around like two kicked puppies. This isn't a romance movie, this is a trial, and we're gonna win it. Got it?" 

she knocks her papers against the table taking a seat after starting a coffee. 

You nod, partially out of fear and her pure determination. 

'Yeah you got taken advantage of, boo hoo, but you also signed a really sketchy contract without reading thoroughly.' 

she shoved an accusing finger in Katsuki's face, and you almost laughed at the pathetic face he was making. 

He was pouting! 

But as the attorney went to grab her coffee, the phone rang. 

She picked it up, and then you were all off to hear the decision made by the jury.

Again thank you for reading! This story is getting pretty close to reaching it's end, and I hope to see you there at the finale <3 Take care fo yourself, and I will see you next week! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 2.9K 74
**GENDER NEUTRAL Y/N** there are a lot of chapters but they're really quick reads <3 โœงเผบ โ™กเผปโˆž โ โˆžเผบ โ™กเผปโœง ๐Ÿ… #1 - #animeoneshots ๐Ÿ…#2 - #mhafanfics ๐Ÿ… #3...
228K 6.3K 66
๐Ÿ‹ Bakugo is 25 living his best angry life when he meets a surprisingly shy yet outspoken girl introduced to him as Lore. ๐Ÿ‹ Watch them fall in love...
111K 3.7K 14
โ€ขยฐ. *เฟ โ๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ, ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐š๐ง๐?โž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง...
111K 3K 41
" Would you look at that. You're falling for me." I glance into his red hues as he looked away bashfully, not meeting my gaze. He was completely ou...