π˜½π™šπ™¬π™–π™§π™š, π™π™π™š π™‘π™šπ™£π™œ...

By hmself4

DISCONTINUED (might change though...) This is a story I was writing at the same time as kinfolk. I've kinda f... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter five
Chapter six

Chapter four

35 2 0
By hmself4

SIBLING THING

The executives all found themselves in the living room. Kokonoi was lying on the couch while Kakucho and Sanzu were arguing about how the cactus could have fallen on their poor colleague. "I don't know, Sanzu. The seller's story about that ghost seems legit." Sanzu's patience was getting thin. "Are you a child, Kakucho? The cactus probably just fuckin' fall 'cuz something was underneath! Stop believing everything the elderly say, all of 'em are crazy."

Kakucho wanted to retort but his superior beat him to it. "Found this." Mikey threw a rock at Kokonoi. The injured male groaned and wailed. Sanzu looked at the rock and took it. "The rock was underneath the cactus. It's big enough to make the cactus lose its balance. There's no ghost." 

Ran waited for Mikey and Sanzu to leave the room to chuckle mockingly. "What's so funny, Ran?" Ran sat down next to Kanji and ran a hand through his black and purple hair. "No, it's nothing, Mochi. Sanzu and Mikey just give me that dog and owner vibe." Kanji nodded and laughed. "I mean, Sanzu is pretty loyal to Mikey. Like a dog with its owner." Takeomi looked at Kokonoi and crouched next to him. "Are you doing good over there, Kokonoi?"

The long haired male sighed and closed his eyes. "I feel pain. How're you?" The older man shrugged. "The usual. You might wanna rinse that fiery red face, though. You look like you received your first kiss." Kokonoi scoffed and touched his face.

Rindou sighed and manspread on the seat he was slouching in. He groaned while scrolling on his phone. "What's wrong, Rin-Rin?" The younger Haitani sighed at the nickname. "So hot..." Ran gasped and leaned towards his brother. "Are you watching porn, Rin-Rin?" Mochi whistled and laughed.

Rindou groaned and pushed his brother before getting up quickly. "What? No! I meant it's hot as in, it's hot. Like, the temperature is up!" Ran and Mochi hummed and jibed at the younger male. "Just- Open the fuckin' window, man-"

There was a loud bang. Rindou and his colleagues all flinched and looked at the window next to the TV. You grinned to yourself.

"Magnificent! You wanted the window to be open right, Rin-Rin? Are you happy now~" Rindou loured at his older brother. Kakucho thought for a moment. He closed that window yesterday, didn't he? Someone couldn't have possibly opened it today, right?

Mikey was lying on his back. He wanted to be alone right now, but Sanzu made it impossible. The pinkette was humming to himself while scrolling on his phone. The leader dramatically stood up from his bed and walked over to the pinkette. Sanzu looked at his boss before standing quickly and letting his phone fall on his bed. "You need something, boss?"

Manjiro nodded and gently took Sanzu's tie in his frail hands, playing with it and twisting it softly. "...You know, Sanzu..." the pinkette swallowed his spit and his mouth slightly opened. He felt like he was drowning into his boss's dark bug eyes. "You are very annoying today... Leave, I want to be alone." The right hand man was quick to obey, he rapidly stepped outside of the room.

Mikey looked at the electronic left behind by his right hand man. He picked it up and turned the device on only to be met with him sleeping as a wallpaper. He frowned but couldn't care less. He followed Sanzu outside of the room and grabbed his wrist.

Sanzu flinched and looked behind him. "...Yes, boss?" The smaller male handed the phone over to his owner. "You left this behind." The pinkette bowed to his boss and ran down the stairs. Mikey stared at him until the pink haired male disappeared.

The six other executives watched their superior come down the stairs with a worried face. Ran was the first to notice his disturbed expression and commented on it. "Why the worried face, princess? Did the boss told you to fuck off?" Sanzu lamented before telling his inferior to "Fuck off." The man propped on the couch before moving his suffering colleague's feet off of the seat. He turned on the TV and watched whatever cooking show he could find.

Kakucho frowned and suspired because of his higher-up's behavior. He pulled out his phone from his back pocket and Mochi immediately caught sight of the dangling earring attached to the man's phone case. The earring was too familiar for him to forget who it belonged to.

The noirette tapped his phone screen rapidly while smiling. Kanji looked over his higher-up's shoulder before the man quickly moved his phone away. "Kanji, what are you doing?" The brown-haired male smirked and shrugged. "I don't know. What are YOU doing? Who are you texting? Do you have a little girlfriend or-" Kakucho blushed before shushing his colleague.

Ran looked at his sibling and yawned before he could even utter a word. "Ran, you are so goddamn loud when you yawn shut up." Rindou slammed his hand onto his brother's mouth and pinched his lips. the older Haitani gasped and grabbed his brother's hand. "Rin! I was about to ask you if you wanted to come with me upstairs and talk about the past." "Being nostalgic and stuff, yeah?" The oldest one nodded happily. "Yeah!-" "No. 's too boring for me." Ran gasped dramatically while Rindou put his headphones on. The older Haitani rolled his eyes and went to his room.

Kakucho glared sharply at Rindou, unhappy at his behavior towards his own older brother. "I will be right back, Kanji." The noirette followed Ran to his bedroom.

Upstairs, the Haitani bedroom door was already closed. He cleared his throat and lifted his hand in a small fist to knock on the door. The noirette didn't know why, but he felt... uncomfortable... Like if he opened this door, he would see something he didn't want to see. Kakucho dismissed his bad feeling and ignored the lump in his throat. "Haitani?" He knocked on the door. "I... want to talk..." He backed up from the door and waited for his inferior to open the door for him.

Kakucho heard a faint 000click000 noise before the door slowly opened. "Thank you, Haitani. If you want me to leave-" The noirette stopped in his tracks and his eyes widened. In front of him stood Kurokawa Izana, his king.

The king looked... dead. His skin had decomposed and his once round and purple eyes were now being eaten by maggots. Izana stuffed his skinny- no- bony fingers inside his chest and shoulder and pulled out one bullet out of each hole.

Kakucho stood still as his king called out to him with an almost echoic voice. "Kakucho... Kakucho...!" Bonten's number three felt a hot tear run down his cheek while he lifted his hand to caress the now decaying cheek.

"KAKUCHO!" The noirette jumped when Ran grabbed his hand, snapping him back to reality. "Are you okay? You're crying." Kakucho shook his head. "Don't worry, just... thoughts." The two men stood in front of each other without saying a word.

After a long, unbearable silence, Ran invited his junior in his room. Kakucho nodded and uttered a shy "thank you". The older Haitani smiled and closed the door behind his guest.

"So, Kaku, what's up? Sit down here, don't be so stiff!" Ran patted the empty spot next to him on Rindou's bed. He smiled and sat next to the charismatic man. "...I've heard you say you wanted to... talk about the past with Rindou... I'm kinda interested so I don't mind listening to you!" Ran chuckled before gently slapping his hand on Kakucho's shoulder. "Haha, sure! Let me show you something!"

Ran got up and grabbed the picture frame resting on his drawer. He dragged his long fingers along the glass and blew on it to remove the dust. "It's a very old picture! From... 1996 I believe!" The older man groaned as he sat back down next to his junior. "I was... nine and Rindou eight! Wasn't he adorable?"

In the picture, the Haitani siblings were perfectly dressed up in cute suits. The older sibling had his thumb in his mouth, smiling brightly at the camera while the younger one was ugly crying on the floor next to a broken monkey toy. Kakucho smiled at the sight of Rindou's fat crocodile tears and even let out a small chuckle.

Ran smiled with his teeth and caressed the frame of the picture. "I remember that day, it was our aunt's second wedding. Rindou ate the piece of cake that our dad had left on the table and it happened to be mine. I got really upset and broke his favorite toy... I was a terrible kid!" Kakucho watched Ran's big smile transform into a small, nostalgic one.

The noirette looked around the room, trying to find something that could bring back good memories. His eyes laid on a retro boombox that tickled his curiosity, Kakucho had no idea Ran was interested in music.

"Ran," the male hummed and turned to look at his black-haired colleague. "What's this? I didn't know you were interested in music." Ran looked at the boombox sitting next to Rindou's unpacked clothes. "Oh! It's not mine, it's my sibling's. He really wanted it so I tried to win it fairly and it worked. It was his... Wow, let me count... It was for his twenty-fourth birthday in 2012." Kakucho nodded and hummed.

Kakucho disliked Rindou. The way he talked, the way he treated his brother who obviously loved him to death, everything he did was annoying to the noirette.

"You know, Ran, I don't get Rindou." The older Haitani raised an eyebrow "Mh, why?" Kakucho kissed his teeth and scratched his nape. "It's just... I don't like the way he talks to you. You're his older brother and it's very obvious you would die for him. Why isn't he grateful for that? If I were him, I would want to spend every minute of my life with-" "No, I like it like that."

The noirette blinked slowly. "Uh?" Ran hummed. "Yeah, I understand Rindou better than anyone else. I know he loves me, he loves me more than our mom loved us! I'm the clingy big brother and he's the distant little brother, cat and dog relationship, you know? It's fun!" Ran chuckled and stood up before stretching. "Rindou acts like that in front of everyone because he's shy. When we're alone, he's more affectionate than me, trust me. Tonight, I bet he'll ask me if I remember the time our mom helped him throw water at me while I was sleeping."

Kakucho sighed and lowered his head only for a hand to pat his fluffy shiny black hair. "Don't worry, Kakucho. Rindou loves me as much as I love him. He probably loves me more than I love him, honestly." The two gangsters smiled at each other before they heard a familiar scream coming from downstairs. They looked at each other before running downstairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 9.2K 65
What happens when Bonten finds out they have been living with a ghost the entire time? Will they get along with the little ghost-child? Will they get...
281K 11.4K 35
"One word out of her, Bonten's done. Remember, she's not an ordinary person" Just who is she anyway? Why is the most feared organization so careful w...
427K 24.4K 113
SEASON 2 of Craving! (Y/N) found herself bored. Craving to experiencing something more exciting, as she was used to. Though at the end she regretted...
169K 4.7K 28
𝘐𝘴𝘯'𝘡 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘒 𝘴π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴? What happens when (y/n) finally goes to Japan for university to live a normal life, but unfo...