The Sin Of Fate

By bookishabix

BOOK ONE Ashley Wilson There are those who say fate is something beyond our command. That destiny is not our... More

- Information + Character Profiles -
- Prologue -
- Chapter One -
- Chapter Two -
- Chapter Three -
- Chapter Four -
- Chapter Five -
- Chapter Six -
- Chapter Seven -
- Chapter Eight -
- Chapter Nine -
- Chapter Ten -
- Chapter Twelve -
- Chapter Thirteen -
- Chapter Fourteen -
- Chapter Fifteen -
- Chapter Sixteen -
- Chapter Seventeen -
- Chapter Eighteen -
- Chapter Ninteen -
- Chapter Twenty -
- Chapter Twenty-One -
- Chapter Twenty-Two -
- Chapter Twenty-Three -
- Chapter Twenty-Four -
- Chapter Twenty-Five -
- Chapter Twenty-Six -
- Chapter Twenty-Seven -
- Chapter Twenty-Eight -
- Chapter Twenty-Nine -
- Chapter Thirty -
- Chapter Thirty-One -
- Chapter Thirty-Two -
- Chapter Thirty-Three -
- Chapter Thirty-Four -
- Chapter Thirty-Five -
- Chapter Thirty-Six -
- Chapter Thirty-Seven -
- Chapter Thirty-Eight -
- Chapter Thirty-Nine -
- Chapter Forty -
- Chapter Forty-One -
- Epilogue -
- Authors Note / Book Two -

- Chapter Eleven -

1.4K 46 12
By bookishabix

Ashley Bliss is everything I've ever wanted in a woman— in a partner.

It's obvious she's not impressed with my decision, yet, she's no saint. I warned her, I told her not to let anyone go near her, nevertheless touch her, and that's actually what happened. Ashley knew the outcome, she was baiting me. I'm not naive nor stupid, Ashley retaliated through making out with some stranger, and then got pissed at the outcome, despite my warnings. To me, I'm just following through with my threat.

I sent Nathan and Luca to retreat the car while Hunter and I sneaked Ashley out. Hunter has always loved playing the game of cat and mouse, of the hunter and its prey. So, when I told them I was going in search of Ashley, Hunter was the first to come with. I knew where Ashley was, I knew who she was with— I allowed her ten minutes with the guy, hopefully, she released some pent-up anger she had within her.

Yet, I know I wouldn't want her fire to be extinguished, her fire is what makes her... her. Ashley Bliss is a force to be reckoned with. And I admire that about her, if I was capable of love, I'd love her for that. Ashley is pissed, I could tell, she's sat in the middle of me and Hunter, while Nathan drives, and Luca is sitting next to him in the passenger seat.

"You killed him, didn't you?" Ashley asked as she glanced at Hunter to her right, "considering you weren't brought up in this world, that question you just asked— doesn't scare you," Hunter stated the obvious. I was worried that my world would be hard on Ashley, that she wouldn't understand it, maybe even be terrified of it. But I know that isn't the case, she's calm, and she tries to understand, "did you?" Ashley searches Hunter's eyes as he watches her carefully.

"No, we didn't kill him," Hunter replies, he wishes he did. Despite what I told Ashley, she never did anything with the man, he didn't deserve to die for that. "Okay," Ashley mutters as she leans further into the seat, her head resting back. "Call it quits?" Nathan asked us as he drove slowly due to the amount of traffic, despite my friends being from different families, they all live nearby mine. "Yeah," I confirm, from the corner of my eye I could see Ashely glancing at me.

Normally Ashley is confident, she has this fire in her where she doesn't care about other people's opinions. However, right now, she's worried, scared almost. Ashley knows she fucked up, she just had to go and test me. I'm a fair person, an eye for an eye— that's what I believe, another thing I believe? Following through on my word, and I had given it her. Ashley knew what she was doing, there's no doubt in my mind about that.

The silence didn't last long, "is Elena visiting for the gala next week?" Nathan directs his question to Hunter as he glances in the mirror, "no." I look over Ashley to wait for him to expand. We should know better, he's like Luca in the sense that he won't give a lot anyway if he doesn't have to. "Why not?" I ask, pushing for an answer.

Despite The Pazis hosting the event, meaning it'll be surrounded by members from The Outfit, other families are invited— we all assumed Hunters family would join as they'd represent The West. I know Kian and Lizzie will be at the event due to Lizzies past friendship with Giovanni Pazi. They'll represent The New York Familie as Kian is the capo.

The only reason I'm going is so people in our circle and world will know who Ashley Bliss belongs to.

"I don't know, I just don't fancy having to spend the weekend with my family," Hunter admits, despite him being capo of The West, he has people to take care of shit, and with no immediate threat recently, Hunter is seeing this as a vacation, of some sort. Whereas Nathan isn't capo just yet, he can party all day if he wishes. His families only wish is that he visits them in Boston once every two weeks— when he becomes capo, and marries to create an alliance, that is when he'll move back.

"That's a shame, I liked Elena," Nathan jokes and both Hunter and Luca sigh. "I'll be sure to tell her that," Hunter muttered as the car fell back into silence.

***

I don't know what I'm going to do— in a way, I should just leave it. Ashley didn't grow up in this world, she didn't know I was serious. However, I did warn her, and I always follow through with my word. If I didn't speak about it, she'd see my later warnings just that, a warning with no consequence. When in reality, everything you do in this world has a consequence.

As soon the elevator doors opened Ashley rushed past me and out into the apartment. I stepped out with every intention of following her. Before Ashley headed into the only corridor she paused, I too stopped in my tracks as the sound of the elevator doors close behind us. Ashley turned around to face me before she finally chose to speak, "I fucked up— I get, but I'm not sorry, I shouldn't have to be."

I admire her bravery, I adore the fire within her. "Okay," I simply say, Ashley scrunches her nose in confusion, "okay?" She asks, concern written across her face. "I do have one question though," I bait as I step towards her, Ashley doesn't take a step back, she doesn't cower. "Okay," she whispered a I stood a couple inches away from her, its tempting to touch her, in anyway, but I don't.

"What would you have done, if it weren't me but the paparazzi?" I questioned, Ashley stood silent, and it's clear to me that she had never even considered them. She went out into that alleyway with a man who wasn't her husband, and she didn't give it a second thought. If the paparazzi had found her, the story would have hit the tabloid an hour later, the news would have spread among my circle, and both my mother and brothers would have called me by the morning.

Something that's worse than marrying an outsider? Having your wife cheat on you, outside of some nightclub while you're inside— that's just fucking sad.

"They wouldn't have care," Ashley mumbled and I smirked as I glanced down at her. "Wouldn't they?" I taunt, "like you said, you're married to the biggest playboy of New York," I remind her of the obvious. Ashley peers up at me, her eyes wide as I speak the truth. It was clear Ashley wasn't thinking her decision through.

"Why did you chance it?" I ask and I already know her answer, "huh?" I bait as I edge closer towards her. Ashley peers up at me before speaking, "for a release— sue me," Ashley admitted in a sigh, see, fire. Ashley doesn't care that I'm one of the most powerful men in New York, she doesn't care that I could kill her in a heartbeat, we both know I wouldn't. But I could, and yet, Ashley still challenges me, she still talks back and shows attitude.

"If you wanted a release," I muttered as I brushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "you could have asked your husband, after all," I lean closer, my lips brushing her ear, "it's my duty." I hear Ashley release a harsh breath just as my lips make contact with the side of her neck. "You know you want to, you never got the release earlier," I comment, as I pull away, my hand lands on her hip gently.

"Just beg for it," I say, Ashley shakes her head before scoffing, "I will never beg for a release from you," she states as I tighten my hold on her hip. "So, you're not turned on right now?" I ask with a smirk, Ashleys cheeks redden at my question. "Go to hell, Bliss," Ashley curses before slapping my hand away, "I'd rather die than ask you for a release," Ashleys eyes meet mine before she turns and heads to her bedroom.

It's obvious Ashleys attracted to me, but she knows the second she admits that— then she'd also have to rethink the divorce. In Ashleys mind fate brought me to her, but like I said— with enough power, you can control your fate, and make it your own.

***

"will you still be with me, when the magics over?"

"if only i knew what my heart was telling me."

***

The tension between Ashley and Kai is everything— you just know it'll hit different. Gotta love some angst and sexual chemistry. Like the chapters before if you enjoyed this, please do vote and comment, it allows the story to grow and reach more readers.

Also, recommending the book helps out a lot, so if you are enjoying it, please do suggest to others.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed it. Feel free to follow my Instagram if you want to message me or get updates on the upcoming chapters. multiverseeditsx

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 665 20
"P...please stop... I... I can't anymore... S...stop..." "I don't know the word 'stop' baby girl, I am not done yet. I need this so badly right now...
34.6K 770 51
Book One in the Mafia's Flower series THIS IS A DARK ROMANCE MEANT FOR MATURE AUDIENCES TRIGGERS ARE LISTED ON THE FIRST PAGE As the daughter of a Do...
343K 8K 47
Feeling broken. Feeling useless. I thought that I could just fix myself. But it turns out that I am not strong enough. And he had to be the one to fi...
493K 13.6K 74
I ... I didn't even knew I was going to marry him till yesterday. I have no way to go now. I can't be stuck in loveless marriage, I can never marry...