Darkness' Eternal Bride (Gast...

By xsfolia

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS HIGHLY MATURE CONTENT (BLOOD, VIOLENCE) READ AT YOUR OWN RISK Money can change a lot o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Epilogue

653 41 71
By xsfolia

Darkness' Eternal Bride

(Highly recommended to listen to the song in loop if you want to cry👍👍👍

UPDATE: wattpad continues to delete the songs I put, in case you don't find a song listen to Mr Loverman by Ricky Montgomery)

"...Sans asked you to stop me?"

You showed your husband the footage of what transpired between you and Sans, and he certainly didn't look pleasantly shocked. Quite the opposite actually.

He was more confused than before: he felt like he lost lots of stuff about it.

"...how is Sans able to see you? And...god, I'm so confused right now" he said as he rubbed his forehead in frustration.

You giggled as an answer.

"Dear, this is the simplest answer ever: he is my son, he shares my blood, that's why he is able to see me. And that's also the reason why you are here: you share my blood"

Realisation struck Gaster's mind: of course it had to be your blood, he couldn't feel Determination so that must have been why he was in the void in the first place.

And that must also have been the reason why he was the only one that could remember you. It was all because of your blood running in his body

However, he was in denial: right in that moment he despised humans, so he indeed felt conflicted standing right in front of you.

But traces of his old love for you still inevitably remained in him.

And they were awakening, even if he didn't want to realise it.

"No...stay away from me! You're a human like that murderer! You're just gonna kill everyone like they did!"

At that point however, you had enough: you grabbed again his collar and stared right into his alarmed pin-pricks.

"Shut. Up. Now you're just becoming crazy without a reason: why would I, your wife, and mother of your sons, decide to kill everybody? I sacrificed myself for your well-being! You can't just tell me that I will kill them all just because one human has done so!"

Gaster listened to you as if he was hearing the most shocking thing ever.

But what came next was more shoking than this: tears were filling your eyes, and you had to close them to contain yourself.

And seeing you cry awakened something in him, something he had long lost in those years in the void:

Compassion.

"Y/N, why are you crying?"

"D-do you think I have enjoyed sending you in that room for all these years in the void?! I have stayed in this place more years than you, so I know how it feels...but I just feel like I lost you now! You lost yourself and being unable to do anything to help you is so painful! Where's the man I love...? Where is the man I married?" you questioned between endless sobs.

He was speechless as he listened to you: old memories of when you both were still alive filled his mind.

He remembered when you put salt in his coffee and when he tampered the faucet so that it would wet you. He remembered when he had to take care of you when you had a fever and when you both went on your book date. He remembered when you endlessly cried until you fell in his arms.

He remembered everything: the pain of the void removed every happy memory he ever had, but seeing you crying, calling for his back self triggered those memories.

He felt the urge to cry with you.

"...do you really want to know why am I dressed like this, Gaster? When I died, when I thought that I wanted to live with you, I thought that I wanted to marry you with all the human ceremonies: I imagined a beautiful, giant wedding, me wearing a beautiful bride dress and you an elegant suit. I imagined us crying at the altar, I imagined us dancing in the ballroom, with everyone watching us and feeling happy for us. This is why I'm dressed as a bride: I wanted to be your bride. But you became Darkness..."

"Stop" he said suddenly, cutting you off as you were still sobbing.

"...wha-"

"Please, don't say anything else" he pleaded as tears started falling down as well from his eyes.

"...why are you crying?"

"Because I missed you every single day of my life: you completed me, and without you I felt like a part of me ceased to exist. And after we fought back when we reunited I immediately felt like fighting you was wrong: love quarrels are necessary, but that love quarrel wasn't needed.

I will never stop saying this, but I...I love you, my dear Y/N. Will you forgive me?"

And as he said that, it was if he returned to his normal self: you felt his hand touch your cheek and wipe your tears away.

It was as if his body also returned back to normal: in your eyes, he now returned to be the same man as ever. The man you fell in love with.

You kept crying, but a smile shaped on your lips.

"Of course I forgive you, silly. And I will never stop loving you. Never"

Gaster hugged your waist and pulled you even closer, as tears still fell from his eyesockets.

"How much have you waited for me? For this?" he asked as he raised his hand and caressed your cheek.

"For eternity. I have waited for you to hug me every second of my existence here in the void" you replied as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

He softly giggled and approached your face, your lips almost touching.

"I'm here now. Nothing is gonna separate us now"

And he erased the distance between you, and he gently but tightly held you in his arms as he kissed you.

You were finally feeling happy, despite the void. But as long as Gaster was there, you were sure that you were going to be happy.

The kiss lasted for what seemed like eternity, but you both unfortunately had to break it to catch air, but when you looked in his eyes again you only noticed sweetness. And an immeasurable love.

"Sorry, sorry...sorry for what I said back then when we fought" he kept telling you as he now hid his face in your shoulder.

You giggled as you now gently rubbed his back to console him.

"I already told you that I forgive you"

"Yeah, but I still feel so guilty for attacking my wife like that"

His wife...

His words lingered in your mind and made you blush terribly, but their sound felt so pleasant to hear in your head.

"...can you repeat it? That I am your wife?"

"I'll do even better, but before that I need you to answer two questions: you said that I became...Darkness, that was it, wasn't it?" he asked hesitantly.

"...yeah? It was as if you completely became something dark. What about the second question?" you asked, still hugging him and holding his back.

"You said that we're condemned to stay in this void for eternity, am I right?" he asked.

"...yeeah?" you answered, now feeling slightly confused and suspicious. Why was he asking something he already knew?

"Perfect" he said as he removed himself from the hug, with much of your displeasure.

But what he did next replaced that displeasure with immeasurable happiness.

He kneeled down on one knee and extracted a little box from his pocket, and when he opened it, it revealed a beautiful ring that looked perfect for your finger.

You only realised in that moment that Gaster was wearing a nuptial ring on his left hand.

"...when did you buy that ring?" you questioned with a shaky voice.

"To be honest, I found the rings during the War. I found them in a ruined jewelry and immediately thought that this ring would have fitted your finger.

Y/N, would you be this Darkness' Eternal Bride, and make me the happiest man in the, well, world and void?"

You covered your mouth as you felt the urge to cry more and more: if it was difficult to contain yourself before, let's imagine how difficult it must have been in that moment.

That light in your eyes that long disappeared after you finished in the void returned in your eyes.

You didn't answer for a while, which was slightly preoccupying Gaster.

"...Y/N-?"

"Why would you even think I would say no to you? Put that ring in my finger before I snatch it away from that box and put it myself"

And to think that Gaster was worried: after hearing your indirect yes he giggled and extracted the ring from the box, only to stand up again and insert the ring in your left anular.

He observed you as you looked at the ring on your hand and cried of happiness.

"It's beautiful..." you whispered, unable to say it out loud.

"No..." he corrected you as he gently grabbed the back of your head, pulled you closer and kissed your forehead "you're beautiful"

"...stop saying things like that or I'll cry more" you said as you covered your eyes with your hands, one of them now having a ring.

He chuckled and kissed your forehead again.

"I can't help myself, my dear"

You hugged again, and this time, you weren't going to break the hug so easily. And when you hugged, you felt again that warm sensation.

The sensation of being at home.

Somewhere else.

Everyone was watching the sunrise after the barrier was broken: Papyrus was the most shocked one, as he never saw the sun at all.

"SANS! WHAT IS THAT?" he said, pointing at the giant yellow ball in front of them.

"we call that "sun", brother"

Every monster looked happy after seeing what they had missed for many years: now they were finally going to see the sun, the stars, real trees...

Everything was going to be better now.

After everyone left, Frisk reached Sans and tugged his sleeve. Sans turned around and looked at the human straight in their closed eyes.

"sup, kiddo. did you want to tell me something?"

Frisk looked hesitant before talking, but after gathering their courage they finally managed to talk.

"I...I'm deeply sorry, Sans. For everything. I shouldn't have killed everyone out of boredom in the last timeline. And that's why I decided...that I'm not going to [Reset] anymore. I think it has caused you enough pain, and it wouldn't be bad...seeing how things would turn out living here"

Sans felt shocked at first, but then his smile grew more and he patted Frisk's head.

"heh. as long as you mantain your promise, then i'm okay with it. thank you, kiddo"

Frisk shyly smiled, and after being called by Toriel, they waved their hand at Sans and reached their new mother.

Sans happily sighed and looked at the landscape in front of him: he was going to see it for the rest of his life by now. Suddenly though, he caught glimpse of something.

Standing near the now broken barrier, there were two figures hugging each other's side, looking at him. And even though they were really faint, Sans could see that they had the happiest smiles on their faces.

He smiled as well as he met their gaze.

"Welcome back on the surface, mom and dad"

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 10.5K 40
PLEASE READ BEFORE GETTING INTO THE STORY. Your name is (Y/n), and you play the role of an unusual pacifist. In the story of Horrortale, your unique...
40.5K 1.5K 33
Even though the Underground is now empty, except for some people, you still stupidly managed to fall in the once prison for monsters. Who knew you wo...
109K 3.6K 32
The only way to the top in this world, this world born of war, born of death, the only way of ascension? ...is to become someone you don't want to be...
354K 20.4K 59
~o0o~ Book 1 of the "Better Times" trilogy ~o0o~ (Book two: "A Name to Remember") (Book three: "No One is Happy with This") There was a time where a...