Zih'aira

By PrettyTea

Meet 19 year old Zih'aira (Zy-air-a) King. Abondoned by the one she loved and left to raise a child on her ow... More

Zih'aira
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilouge
Seqeul ?

Chapter 21

19.2K 460 33
By PrettyTea

Zih , 

As I looked down at the huge rock that sat upon my left ring finger I couldnt hold the smile of happiness that consumed me. Lying in Karti's arms had my soul, mind and body at peace.

I looked over at Kartier and gave him a slight smile.

"Whats on your mind love?"

He asked, sitting up still holding me.

"Our future. Are you sure this is what you want?"

I asked.

"Zih'aira, if this wasnt what I wanted then I wouldn't have ask you. You know me better then anyone else ma. I got us!"

He spoke, causing the ill feelings to some sort go away.

"I know, but I just dont want anything to change from here on out."

"Anything like what?"

He asked, with a look of confusion.

"Our love for one another decreasing. Something happens that breaks us apart or something like that."

I confessed, still staring at the ring.

"Zih , look at me."

I turned my head and looked deep into his eyes, while he stared back at me.

"I love you. Im in love with you. You and only you. Not only that but we share a child together. Our first child. Nothing or no one can ever come between that. Not evev if they tried. As long as we keep doing what we been doing I promise our love will only increase. We have a bond that not many couples cant say they have. Before we are a couple, parents, fiancee's, were bestfriends. Remember that! Nothing will break us apart."

He continued.

"Cheating can break us apart Karti."

"Cheating? Zih do you really thing I'll cheat on you?"

He asked serious.

I simply nodded my head "yes"

"Zih, please dont classify me with that nigga that shitted on you. Yeah I know I fucked up and I hurt you but I'll never cheat on you. Thats my word! Zih any man in their right mind would be a fool to do you wrong. Baby your the total package. Your beautiful, real, loyal, out spoken. You carry yourself with confidence and you have morals and class. You not out here heavy letting any nigga with money and game run up in you. Your young and been taking care of you and yours without a hand out. Ma your the prize! Its sad that you dont see that. Baby Im honroed to be able to brag that Im that nigga that trapped you."

We both shared a laugh after I mushed him in the head.

"No but seriously, Im happy to say that you Im yours and your mine. You dont have to worry about me fucking this up."

"I love you Karti"

I replied before kissing him lightly on the lips and lying back down.

He cuddled behind me and kissed the nape of my neck.

"I love you too Zih'aira."

We both drifted off to sleep, after a few hours of love making.

________________________________

Karti ,

When I woke up, Zih wasnt on my side. I sat up, wiped the sleep out of my eyes and walked into the bathroom to take care of myself.

When I finished showering I put on a clean pair of briefs and socks and walked back into the bedroom. We officially moved into our house about 2 weeks ago and things have been smooth.

I went downstairs to see no signs of Zih, I quickly grabbed the house phone and called her up.

"Yes?"

She answered, smiling thru the phone.

"Where you at?"

I asked

"Im at work. Or did you forget that my little vacation was over?"

She asked giggling.

I didnt really find anything funny. I did forget.

"Yeah, ma I actually did."

"Aww. You were expecting me to still be lying with you when you woke?"

She asked laughing.

"Yeah. Kartion still here?"

I asked

"Your such a bad daddy. You didnt even check but no. He's with our parents."

"Oh, ok. Cool."

"Yeah, well babe I have to get back to this load of paper work and cases I have to look over. I'll call you on my lunch break okay?"

"Yeah. Alright. I love you."

"I love you too Karti."

We hung up.

I shook my head at my foolishness. I didnt check to see if my son was here or not. Thats sad.

After eating a big bowl of Lucky Charms, I dressed in a pair of black Levi straight leg jeans, black Polo v-neck t-shirt and wheat butters. Nothing to nice. I had a few moves to make.

I locked up the house and entered the garage. I stared at the two cars that occupied the garage and decided on taking the black Range.

I wasnt really sure If I wanted to step out today and do business. Since I was almost killed I have been very careful. I tried to limit the time I spent away home to not worry Zih or my mom but money isnt going to make it's self. My dad has even been a little skeptical. But Im not the "back" behind the scene playing type nigga. I love to be apart of anything thats involving my money. I dont trust no one counting my shit, selling my shit for me, bringing me my shit and etc. Thats be these other cats fuck up. Being too trustworthy. I learned a long time ago that in this business TRUST is non existing. The amount of REAL, LOYAL nigga are decreasing rapidy day by day. Niggas just dont know how to be stand up no more. Everyone is out for themselves. Thats how it is and how its going to forever be.

Yeah I got a couple cats I been coming up with. But I dont trust em as far as I can see em. They're great with handling business, and making sure the money came in but like I said before, everyting that got something to do with my money, believe that Im over looking it twice!

When I pulled up to the Gonzales estate, where my father rested his head, I was let in the huge iron gate.

Upon entering the house I greeted Trio, Hector, Alonzo, Mike, and Tron. 5 loyal guards that watched me grow up basically. They were a important link in my fathers operation. Without them he wouldve probably been got a long time ago.

I entered the house and smelled pinesol. Maria had to been cleaning. They use to hace a maid who would clean 3 times a week but Maria is so peronoid, she trust no woman around my dad or in their house. I respect that.

I nodded to Wes, Tate, Q, and Gee. 4 other bodyguards.

I walked upstairs towards my father office. I knocked twice and then entered. Something I been doing since forever.

"Son! How it's going?"

My father asked, looking up from his conversation with Jose, or Uncle Jose as we call him. He's one of those few stand up cats I was talking about. My dad and Jose been business partners before my dad even had this business to run. Back when the Cartel was my grandfathers and my dad was just coming up.

"Wassup dad. Uncle Jose."

I greeted them.

I took a seat off to the side and let them finsih their converstion.

As I sat off to the side, I made a quick phone call. To that Edible Arrangment place. I know Zih's work load has to be a little over the top since she's been out for about a week and a half and I know she isnt going to want to take a break since she's behind and isnt going to eat lunch, so maybe this will make things easier.

After giving the lady my credit card number, reciting what I wanted on the card I hung up and sat back.

"You ordering flowers young buck?"

Uncle Jose joked, catching the end of my conversation.

"Something like that." I laughed running my hand over my waves.

My dad laughed also.

"Shoot. I should be doing the same. Maria's mad at me."

"Why" I asked.

"Came home late lastnight. She was talking about 'Jesus, your too old to be still doing this shit.' And somemore things I dont wish to repeat."

Uncle Jose and I chuckeled.

"I cant picture Maria yelling let alone cursing."

Jose repeated.

I smiled to myself. Maria is a small woman. About 5'0 even and petit. She's so nice, quiet, and soft spoken you'll think she wouldnt hurt a fly.... WRONG!

Dont get her upset. I promsie she's someone different. You'll think she's doubled in size by the tone of her voice.

"Yeah, well all I know is I have to make u for it."

My dad admitted.

"You are getting old."

Uncle Jose told my dad.

"I got a few years left in me."

he turned to me

"Soon, this will all be yours."

I just nodded.

After kicking it with my old man for a minute, I had to leave and go pick up Kartion from my moms house.

"Aye, bring Kartion over soon. Maybe with him being here Maria will loosen up some."

"Alright pop."

"Tell your mother and Sean I said hello."

"Gotchu."

"Daddy!"

Kartion yelled, running to me when I walked into the door.

"Wassup man."

I replied, picking him up, hugging and kissing him and placing him down.

He was out of his wanting to be picked up all the time phase and I wasnt trying to get him back to it.

"I missed you."

"Missed you too daddy. Nana in the kitchen."

He told me while leading the way.

"Hey ma."

I said, kissing my mom on the cheek.

"Hello son of mine. Where have you been?"

She asked, smiling.

"Enjoying time with my future wife."

I took a seat.

"Thats wonderful, so I see you two are at a good place. Keep it up."

"I plan on it ma. Im just so happy that I got her back."

"Keep her. Karti, Zih has been thru a lot of pain. Her mother passing, you leaving her, raising a child as a young single mother, being betrayed by friends and lovers. She cant take another heart break son. Believe me I know."

She said, wiping her wet hands on her apron.

"Ma, I told Zih this morning that I'll never do anything to intentionally hurt her. I been with out her before and Im not trying to be with out her like that. I got her. I got us."

Before my mom could say anything else, my phone rung. It was Zih, Im guessing she got the package.

"Hello?"

I answered smiling.

"These flowers are georgous. I must say my man knows how to make my day 100 times better. Im the evny at the office now."

She said, Im positive she had an even bigger smile on her face.

"Thats whats Im suppose to do. How yo day coming along?"

"Its was a little dim. I was stuck at my desk, loads of paperwork, and I was missing my 2 boys. Then all of a sudden, Stacy knocks on my door and theres all these fruit flowers being brought in. I havent stopped smiling since. I have the best fiance ever!"

She beamed.

"I see someone is walking on cloud 9."

I replied.

"Im suppose too. Where are you?"

She asked giggling.

"Our parents house."

"Ohhh. Tell Karen I said hi and I'll be by later so I expect dinner to be on the table."

I looked at my mom, and she looked back at me.

"Zih said hello ma, and she wants dinner on the table when she comes later."

I relayed the message.

"Dinner on the table? She better take her ass home!"

My mom joked back.

"Tell her she better gone!"

"Alright now, love. Im done being the middle man. You going home or are you stopping by here when you get off work?" I asked.

"I guess I'll stop buy." She said.

"Ok love. See you later. I love you."

"I love you more."

We hung up and I smiled to myself. I love Zih too damn much.

"Wipe that damn smile off your face!" My mom joked.

'I see you have jokes."

I replied back.

I stood up and went into the livingroom with Kartion.

"What you watching lil man?"

"Yo Gabba Gabba."

He smiled.

I looked at the tv and decided to never look at that show again.

I picked up the remote in which Karti didnt mind, he was too into his coloring book and changed to sports center.

I kicked my feet up on the ottoman and got comfortable. Karti did too, soon he was fast asleep leaning on my chest. I soon followed.

_______________________________________

Zih ,

When I got off work I was beyond tired. I pvowed to never let work pile up like that ever again. I quickly got in my car and headed to my dad and Karens house.

"Hello?"

I yelled when I entered the foyer.

No one replied.

I walked into the livingroom to find Karti and Kartion a sleep on the couch looking to adorable. I quickly snapped more then a few pictures and uploaded them to instagram.

I placed my purse and suit jacket on the chair and entered the kitchen.

"Zih baby you scared me!"

Karen said holding her chest.

"Im sorry. I yelled when I entered the house. You didnt hear me?"

I asked, taking a seat.

"No. I didnt. What are those sons of ours doing?"

She asked sitting next to us.

"They're both sleep. Look."

I said, passing her my phone showing her the picture I took of them.

"Aww, Isnt that cute? You have to send that too me!" She said.

I looked over at Karen and admired her beauty. For Karen to be pushing 40 she was still indeed a bombshell. Old age wasnt in her vocabulary at all.

"Wheres dad?" I asked

"Out and about. He said he was going to see the contractor. You know he's really set on building a sauna in the basement. I dont understand why. I doubt if I'll use it. I need relaxing steam I'll just get in the shower." She laughed.

I did too agreeing.

"So how do you feel about the engagement?" She asked.

"Im happy. For the firt time in a long time Im very happy. I love Kartier with my whole heart. Guess I always did. Im thankful for him everyday. Everyday he proves that there isnt anything he'll do for me. Im so grateful for that. Yeah, I'll always have doubts about infidelity but I trust him. I trust him not to hurt me." I

Karen looked at me with a faint smile.

"I've watched you grow. Your not the little hot headed little girl I met. Who hated the world and most of all, me. Your smart, beautiful, have a lot going on for yourself to be almost 20, and a young mother at that. I love you lie I gave birth to you myself. If not more. When I was talking to Karti earlier I warned him to not play with your love. When you called him he was sitting in that same seaat showing all 32. He wouldnt stop smiling and Im postitive that you couldnt either. Its clear that you two are more then in love with one another. Im happy for you too. Like I told him before, your my daughter so he better not intentionally hurt you and he's my son so you better not either."

I looked at Karen and smiled.

"I'll never hurt him."

"I know. I just have to be fair and give you both the same warnings."

We laughed and I made me a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup she was made for lunch.

We talked and ate together for about an hour. When we were finished she had to go run a few errands which left me alone. I cleaned up the kitchen and put the food away. When I entered the livingroom Karti and Kartion were still sleep. I kicked off my heels, snugged next to Kartier and drifted into a nap right along with them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 9.7K 40
17 year old senior Zack was your ordinary bad boy. He got all the girls, never caught feelings and got in fights. But what happens when he comes acro...
38.2K 400 14
This is the story of Samuel O'Connor, a 19-year-old music enthusiast who has lived a hard life. The adventure begins with a siblings reunion that set...
61 2 4
Mailia Jones- A 20-year-old woman who is in love with kids, finds herself at the lowest point of her life, is now desperate to find a job to support...
2.4K 34 25
When 18 year old Talia goes through some rough patches with her boyfriend Alex, but she seeks comfort from her best friend Michael he doesn't want to...