Love everlasting - Avengers f...

By PoeticMay

You had always wanted one thing in your life, a love that would be everlasting. But for you that was an impos... More

When lightning strikes
Agent jones
Super soldier serum
The right partner
Fondue-ing?
The pain of saying goodbye
An unexpected friend
The two of us
*Dont break his heart*
A life of lies
Monster
I cant fix myself
*pure lust*
Going away
Budapest operation
Avengers initiative
Thank you for your cooperation
Mind over matter
Everybody wants to rule the world
The fight of your life
Shawarma
Moving in
The untold truth
Darkness beneath the surface
I hate myself
Im drowning
Down on my knees
Complicated
Wishfull drinking
Moral hangover
Home is where the heart is
Life sentence
Stolen memories
The right path
The sun
Mission breakout
Trusting in love
Don't die
Broken bones
Happiness
A dream is not reality
The edge of nothing
Time will tell
*Flustered*
Go back in time
Trust no one.
On the run
Ghost story
Hail hydra
I owe you
Who the hell is Bucky?
About damn time
How to save a life
Taking the stand
A helping hand
A crumbled piece of paper
The past is present
History repeating itself
The queen
A letter from the past
*Just have faith*
Refurn to midgard.
The downfall of the avengers
Double agent
Betrayel
Fall to rise
*You started it*
*im gonna marry you*
The warning
He's coming
Welcome to space
One wrong move
Till forver falls apart
Bittersweet revenge
Bad dreams
Burgers and beers
Would you be able to rest?
Suit up
Down memory lane
Once and for all
Doing it all for love
Can you love me again?
I miss her
The last step
Endings beginings
A thousand years
Invincible
A strange sensation.
Prolouge

The face of the past

80 6 1
By PoeticMay

You stand on the platform. You've got everything you need, all of the stones is packed up in the case. You're carrying the Scepter, as Steve holds the remaining Pym particles and the case. Bruce and Tony stand by the machine, to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. While Loki, Sam, Bucky and Clint stands beside the platform.

You hold onto Loki, giving him a big kiss, for him it would only be a couple of seconds, but for you it would take hours to make sure you got everything put back at the exact time and location. Bruce had made a clear plan for you, with all the details, and everything you needed. Firstly you were going to New York 2012, returning the Scepter, and the time stone. Then you would go to Asgard 2013 to return the Aether. Then you'd travel to Morag, return the power stone, and continue your journey to Vormir. Till your last stop 1970 camp Leigh.

Steve takes forever saying his see you later to Bucky. You stand up on the platform, as Steve follows right behind you.

"How long is this gonna take exactly?" Loki asks skeptically.

"For them? As long as they need, for us about five second" Bruce explains, as he begins tapping the buttons on the control panel.

"You won't even realize I'm gone" you smile at Loki.

You take a deep breath, last time it went horribly wrong.. it couldn't this time. You just needed to be a hero one last time and perhaps everyone could get their happy ending. Everything could go back to normal.

"You two ready?" Tony asks.

You look as Steve, he gently nods his head, as you press the button on your wrist activating the suit. You grab onto the scepter for dear life, as you lock your eyes with Loki. While Bruce counts down from five.

And with the blink of an eye you shrink down, your body flying through the air, until the time-gps beeps and you fall through a hole.

NEW YORK 2012

You flash open your eyes, finally feeling the ground safely under your. You both stand up straight looking around the chaos of New York once again. It felt unbelievably strange being here once more.

"Alright" you sigh deeply. "Where do we start?" You ask him.

"The scepter first, then the time stone. But no splitting up this time we do this together alright?" He says calmly.

"Deal" you smile.

You slowly make your way towards Stark tower. This wasn't just about dropping the stones off at the right time and right place, but also into the right hands. They was to much at risk to be sloppy.

You made you way through the alley, taking the back door into the tower, somehow you had to return the scepter to the government, without causing to much suspicion, so the best way, was for you to stand and guard the elevator, right as Steve took the scepter from them back when you first travelled here.

"I'm in position" you announce. "I've just seen you walking out of the elevator, go in!"

"I'm going in" Steve says calmly.

Now you just had to wait. This was so confusing, three of you at the exact same time. Steve walked into the elevator with the Scepter, you could listen in on his conversation through comms.

"Rumlov" Steve says calmly.

"What now Cap?"

"Change of plans again, you'll go ahead and deliver the Scepter, we'll have to deal with Loki first"

"Really?" One of the agents questions almost surprised.

"Really.. just get it out of the building" Steve says confidently.

"Alright Cap" Rumlov says.

You exhale in relief, as you make your way to the back of the tower once more. When you heart sinks to your stomach.. you eyes widening.

"where are you going?" A soft voice asks you.

"Ehm I'm just ehm" you stammer as you stand right across from Natasha.

"What's the matter.. you look like you've seen a ghost" she chuckles.

You know that the Natasha standing in front of you isn't the one you lost, but it hurt just as much seeing her again.

"I'm just-"

"Y/n can you hear me? The scepter has been delivered meet me in the ally!"

"I just-" you say again.

"Are you okay?" Natasha ask softly, grabbing onto your arm.

"I'm okay.. I just need to use the restroom I don't feel so good" you say, trying to come up with your best lie.

"Alrighty then, hurry up" she smiles before walking past you.

You stand completely frozen looking after her. You wanted nothing more than to give her a warm hug.

"Y/n do you copy?"

"Yes I copy.. I'll be right out" you stammer.

You shake your head, trying to clear your head, taking the nearest emergency exit. Once you're out Steve looks at you confusedly.

"What took you so long?" He asks.

"Nothing.. sorry I was just overwhelmed that's all" you say trying to calm yourself. "Let's just go" you sigh, making your way to the New York sanctum a few blocks away.

You fasten your pace, trying to get away from 2012 New York as fast as you can. You knew right from the start this journey wasn't going to be easy, but you hadn't expected it would be this hard.

You stop right outside the sanctum, looking up at the roof, waiting for Bruce to travel back home beside you could go up. You decide you should both walk up to the roof together, but before you can a woman dressed in a yellow cloak appears just in front of you, eyeing both of you up and down, she has a warm smile on her lips.

"You're here" she says softly, walking towards you. "Looks like I trusted the right people"

You nod your head softly, as you open up the case taking out the time stone, handing it to her. There was no doubt this had to be her.

"Thank you, y/n.." she says warmly.

"No problem.." you say quietly.

"I hope you got what you wanted in the end" she says.. "but I can sense it didn't" Stephen was right, she did know everything.

"Not exactly" you sigh.

"Mr Rogers thank you" she smiles, as she looks at him. "I won't keep the two of you any longer, you have a long journey ahead of you.. isn't that right?" She says still keeping her eyes locked on Steve.

"That's right" he says softly.

"Tell me one thing.. Stephen Strange how is he?" She asks, turning her attention back on you.

"He's good.." you smile weakly.

"You're the woman he gave up the stone for am i right?" She smirks.

You look over at Steve, amazed by her knowledge.
"Yes.. you're right"

"I now see why"

"She saved us" Steve says proudly looking over at you.

She quickly notices your sad frown. "But not all" she states.

"No.. not all" you say softly.

"Good luck on your journey" she says with deep compassion for you, winking her eye. It was like she already knew what you were planning to do.. and this was only a sign you should try.

"Thank you.." you say softly.

Both you and Steve enter your next coordinates and time stamps, you wave your hand before everything flashes before you eyes again.

ASGARD 2013

You land on the cold hard floor, you could feel a headache brewing. As the suit deactivates. You look up as you see the golden palace. You were home.

"So this is Asgard" Steve says in awe. "I get why you talked so highly of it" Steve smiles.

"My goodness are you okay?" You hear a voice behind you, as well as soft footsteps.

You get up on your feet, turning your head. You could recognize that voice anywhere.

"We're fine ma'am" Steve assures her.

"Y/n?" She smiles softly, as she wraps her arms around you. "You're here" she says almost like she excepted you to be.

"I know you're probably really confused, we-"

"I know my dear" she says quietly, stroking your cheek. "Do you have it?" She asks softly.

"Yes we do" Steve says calmly, as he hands her the device with the Aether inside. "Thor said you'd know what to do with this" he smiles.

"How is he?" She asks excitedly.

"He's doing a lot better Frigga.. we got Loki back.." you say happily.

"I don't see a ring yet" she chuckles.

"We're working things out" you say a bit embarrassed.

"I wish I could I be there to see you two together" she says sadly.

"So do we.. but I'll take care of him I promise"

"I know my child" she smiles. "And who is this?" She asks looking at Steve.

"I'm Steven Rogers Ma'am.. a good friend of Thors, and a-"

"A very good friend of mine" you say, looking up at Steve. He seems so shy, like he doesn't know what to do with himself.

Frigga nods her head, as she smiles broadly. "It was just lovely to see you again my dear, and a pleasure to meet you Steven" she says as she begins to walk away.

"Wait Frigga!" You call out, as you run to her, embracing her one more time. "Thank you" you whisper.

"What for my dear?" She asks.

"For everything.. I promise you I'll make you proud"

"You already have" she whispers softly. "Say hello to my boys for me" she smiles, as she walks off.

You stand with a sad smile on your lips as you watch her walk away, she knew her faith, and she just accepted it, because she knew in order for the future to shape out like it did, she had to go.

"Come on y/n.. only three to go" Steve says softly, gently placing his hand on your shoulder.

"I didn't thinks this would be so hard" you exhale.

"You're doing good" Steve smiles.

You nod your head, as you once again disappear into the quantum realm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 166 34
Very long and detailed one shots about your favorite characters ;) Smut included but with a warning beforehand! !just 18+ please!
88.7K 3.5K 70
"It is my duty and an honor for my family and my future kingdom." "But, what is you want to do?" You have been best friends with T...
1.1M 29K 69
You're a 25-year-old girl living in Brooklyn along with your childhood best friends Steve and Bucky, and you're working at the SSR with your cousin P...
190 21 19
* Warning -Sexual content* For mature audiences only- You are the main character of this story. Immerse yourself Modern Day: You find yourself becomi...