Dragon Amongst Men: An Elden...

נכתב על ידי MasterofBeasts

Everyone has hardships to come across, especially Tarnished. After the Shattering, everyone across the Lands... עוד

A One-Year Anniversary Gift (Please Read First)
Dragon Amongst Men: The Beginning Bio
Prologue: The Tarnished Samurai
Chapter One: Battling Experiences
Chapter Two: A Forbidden Tactic
Chapter Three: Dragonslayer
Chapter Four: Acceptance
Chapter Five: Wasteland of Decay
Chapter Six: The Liurnian Academy
Chapter Seven: A Strange Encounter
Chapter Eight: The Confrontation
Chapter Nine: The Carvernous World
Chapter Ten: The Radahn Festival
Chapter Eleven: Sacred Nature
Chapter Twelve: The City Below
Chapter Thirteen: The Golden Lands
Chapter Fourteen: The Royal Capital
Chapter Fifteen: Mountaintop Assault
Chapter Sixteen: Long Lost Friend
Chapter Seventeen: Crimson Violence
Chapter Eighteen: A Sister's Discussion
Chapter Nineteen: The Haligtree
Chapter Twenty: Challenging the Undefeated
Dragon Amongst Men: The Beginning Q&A
A Fool in Comedy, But a King in Awesomeness (Behind the Scenes Chapter)
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Wolf and the Troll (Halloween 2022 Special)

Chapter Twenty-One: The Azure Dragon

1K 13 11
נכתב על ידי MasterofBeasts

Y/N's POV

As I flew throughout the sky and above the clouds, I was spectating the lands below. It was quite peaceful while flying. Even though I am now a true dragon, it was still peaceful to look over the beautiful night. My plan now was to meet Miriel to give him the prayerbook Morgott gave me, just to give him some love. After seeing the swamps of Liurnia, especially Raya Lucaria, I knew that I had to be close.

Y/N: (Miriel, where are you?)

When flying over the swamp, I saw the church sitting on top of a hill, with the tortoise sleeping peacefully in the empty church. I knew that I couldn't approach him in this form, so after some time of calming down, I was inside of the barrier of azure lightning and wind, which shrunk afterwards, but I came out as the dragon Tarnished when it was broken. I descended in front of the church and walked inside towards Miriel.

Y/N: *Whispers* Umm, Miriel, are you awake?

Apparently, the tortoise was sleeping like a rock. Maybe it wasn't the best time to wake him up.

Y/N: (Might as well return another time.)

I turned back to the entrance to leave, until I heard some footsteps coming from behind. By looking over my shoulder, there was a knight that was covered in briars, also holding a massive blade.

Y/N: (Damn it.)

I looked back at the knight, who used dark magic to swing his sword at me without even touching it, but I leapt back in time and dodged it. The sword returned back to him and marched closer to me. He then attempted to go forward to push me, but when I moved out of the way, I kicked him into a pillar. Although, I did fear that I would awake Miriel.

Y/N: *Whispers* Dude, quit being so loud!

The knight did not listen and instead swings his sword around him, trying to hit me with it, but misses. He gets back up to charge forward, slamming his shield on the ground, but after he misses again after I dodged him, he uses his magic to lift up the sword.

Y/N: (What's this guy doing?)

He thrusts his sword forward at me, which spiraled for a few seconds, making me back away from him.

Y/N: Woah!

When the sword returned to the knight's hand, I decided to finish this fight by flinging him into the air and did a combo to him with my claws. After slamming him onto the ground with my tail, he disappeared into red smoke after his defeat. I landed down onto the ground, retrieving the Meat Peddler's Bell Bearing.

Y/N: A bell bearing for meats? Interesting.

Miriel: Tarnished, is that you?

I didn't realize that I woke up Miriel after I killed the knight. I looked at him to see the tortoise wide awake, but he sounded tired.

Y/N: Oh! Uhh, sorry, Miriel. I didn't mean to disturb you.

Miriel: It's okay. I sleep like a rock.

Y/N: There was an enemy that came near you, so I had to put him down.

He noticed that the girls weren't around, especially Rennala.

Miriel: Tarnished, what has happened to your friends. Especially Lady Rennala?

Y/N: I left them.

Miriel: May I ask. Why?

Y/N: I.. *Sighs* I started to become stressed out from their arguing. I just let my anger take over, transforming me into an actual dragon, and left them behind.

Miriel: Stress is a natural thing, but one shouldn't leave their loved ones behind.

Y/N: I know. They're probably searching for me now.

I saw a chest that was near the alter near the front, which appeared that it hasn't been open yet.

Y/N: Miriel, what is in that chest?

He looks at the unopened chest that's near the end of the church.

Miriel: You may take whatever it is inside of that chest.

Y/N: You sure?

Miriel: If you wish.

Y/N: Okay.

I walked towards the chest to open it, revealing a Gold Sewing Needle and some Golden Tailoring Tools.

Y/N: A sewing kit? Why would anyone leave this here?

Miriel: The alter near you, Tarnished. If you possess any celestial dew, you can absolve yourself near it.

I looked at the alter next to me to see the statue in a small pool of water.

Y/N: Too bad I don't have any. Wait...

I pulled out the two bottles of celestial dew that I found back at Raya Lucaria and underground.

Y/N: Might as well save this.

Miriel: What is your reason of being here, Tarnished? Did you come here to give me company?

Y/N: From what I heard the last time we met, you said you wanted some scrolls and prayerbooks. So I wanted to bring you this just to bring you some love.

I walked to Miriel to show him the prayerbook.

Miriel: Oh, what have we here? Very well, let us learn together.

After showing him Morgott's gift, I walked to Miriel and sat next to him.

Miriel: Heresy is not native to the world; it is but a contrivance. All things can be conjoined.

Y/N: Wise words, indeed. The name's Y/N. I should've told you sooner when we first met.

We began learning the prayerbook after I opened it and placed it in front of the two of us.

Melina's POV

With Rennala controlling the spiritual dragon we were riding on, we were on our way to pick up Leonard and Tusk. Every one of us are flying over the Liurnian swamp and the academy of Raya Lucaria. I gave everyone some food that I bought from Leyndell to eat, since we didn't eat anything again. Lansseax, who was in her true form and was not riding with us, flew next to us.

Lansseax: Melina, do you have any food left? Like any meat?

I handed her some exalted flesh. She picked it up with her claws.

Lansseax: Looks small, but it'll do.

She devours it and swallows the meat whole.

Malenia: Rennala, let me get this straight.

Malenia, who swallowed some chunks of an orange, looks at Rennala.

Malenia: You, Y/N, and the others fought Radahn back in Caelid all because of a festival?

Rennala: Yes, but there were other people there to fight him, especially Blaidd. I didn't participate because it was excruciating for me.

Mohg: Boy, I sure would've loved to watch you guys fight him.

Lansseax: Must've been a blast.

Mary: Who was the one who killed him?

Nepheli: Apparently, Y/N was actually the one who killed him, in front of our very eyes.

Finlay: It must've been painful to watch, huh, Rennala?

Rennala: It was, but his death was necessary, for he had suffered for too long. For one, Y/N was trying to save me before Radahn could even kill me. Secondly, it's for Ranni.

Malenia: What about her?

Mohg: Strange we haven't heard from her since the Shattering.

Millicent: Well... Let's just say it's some sort of task we needed to accomplish.

Malenia: A task to take down Radahn. Seems like a piece of cake for Y/N to be around.

Melina: But don't worry, we did a lot more after killing Radahn.

Rennala: True. It was quite an experience.

Polyanna: I want to know!

Rennala: *Chuckles* We'll tell you, soon enough.

As we continued to fly through the air, the atmosphere became more glacial, with the falling snow in the darkness.

Melina: We must be close.

Maureen: It looks so dark!

Lansseax: Wait, I see them!

We looked at what Lansseax saw to see the two animals in the liturgical town of Ordina, where Argenis and the other archers were. All of us followed her from behind.

Rennala: Hang on!

We then landed next to Lansseax, who was looking at the archers and the wolves near the entrance. Once again, the archers aimed their arrows at us, and the wolves started to bark again.

Argenis: Guys, hold your fire! They're friends! You've seen them before!

Archer: But there are two dragons!

Argenis: I know one of them! I don't know the other, but they're still friends!

The archers pointed their arrows downward, as Argenis rode Hati towards us.

Argenis: You guys finally back from the Haligtree, huh? How was it?

Millicent: Wasn't too terrible. I found my sisters, especially Malenia.

Argenis: Did you say hi to Malenia for me?

Rennala: Actually, we brought her in person.

The woman got off of the dragon and walked straight to Argenis.

Malenia: Hello, Argenis.

Argenis: Malenia! How nice of you to stop by! What are you doing here?

Malenia: We're kind of in a bad situation right now.

The archers began talking to each other.

Argenis: What do you mean in a "bad situation?"

Nepheli: Y/N ditched us because we argued about Malenia's discovery of Miquella.

The archers aimed their arrows at Mohg. Guess Argenis told them about the truth.

Argenis: Drop your arrows! She isn't a threat anymore!

Mohg: I tried giving her an offer, but she declined it. I tried telling her we could bake cookies and cupcakes, but no! She doesn't want any of those!

Argenis: Really?

Malenia: I'm not saying they're bad. They're delicious, but they're not good enough to forget what Mohg has done to Miquella!

Argenis: True. But what does this have to do with this "bad situation?" And it still doesn't explain why all of you are here.

Rennala: It's... hard to explain.

Melina: Y/N has transformed into an actual dragon, and we're trying to figure out where he left off.

Argenis: A dragon turning into a dragon? What are the odds of that?

Lansseax: I don't know. It's like he evolved or something.

Millicent: I hope it's not permanent.

Nepheli: So we're here to pick up the two animals we left with you.

Rennala: Where are they?

Argenis: They're sitting close to each other eating some rowa fruits. You want us to get them?

Melina: Yes, please.

Argenis: Gregoria, can you get the animals, please?

Gregoria: Yes, ma'am.

She rides her wolf to get Leonard and Tusk. After a couple minutes, the woman returned with the two animals.

Gregoria: Here they are.

Lansseax picked up the Ice Mammoth with her hands.

Lansseax: Ooh, you're a bit heavy.

Argenis: I guess we gave him a bit too much.

Rennala's dragon picked up the horse with its talons, as Malenia got back on.

Argenis: You sure you don't want us to come with you?

Malenia: It may become dangerous, Little Silver. We'll probably return when we find Y/N.

Argenis: Okay, just be careful. And don't drop the Ice Mammoth, please.

Lansseax: I won't. Don't worry!

Rennala: We'll be back soon!

Argenis: All of you take care now!

We left Argenis and the archers to continue searching for Y/N. Everyone below us waved farewell to us.

A couple hours later...

Hours have passed when continuing searching for Y/N. We visited numerous places such as the Roundtable Hold, Leyndell, the mountaintops, the Caria Manor, especially the Ancestral Forest. To our misfortune, however, he was nowhere to be found. All of us were inside the Church of Vows, where Rennala was speaking to Miriel.

Amy: Is that a turtle with a pope's hat?

Millicent: Isn't he cute?

Maureen: He sure is!

Rennala: Have you seen Y/N here by any chance, Miriel?

Miriel: I'm sorry, Rennala, you just missed him. He was here a couple hours ago and he left. I don't know where he left off now.

Finlay: I hate that when it happens.

Mohg: It's like we're going on a wild goose chase.

Malenia: Where could he possibly be?!

Melina: Okay! Everyone, settle down!

Miriel: The two of us were learning some incantations from the Dragon Cult.

Lansseax: Aww, man! I wanted to be the first one to teach him!

Millicent: Where could he disappeared to?

Nepheli: Does that mean we have to go into caves and catacombs?

Rennala: I hope not.

Melina: Which locations haven't we visited yet?

We all thought for a moment to think of any ideas. That's when I realized there was one place we didn't look.

Melina: Guys, I think I may have came up with an idea.

Malenia: What were you thinking off?

Melina: Limgrave. *Groans* Goodness, why didn't I realize that before?!

Nepheli: Limgrave, of course!

Mary: Is it far?

Rennala: It should be a few miles away, but with my dragon, we will be there in a few minutes.

Melina: Good. Hopefully, he should be there.

3rd Person POV

With the girls making their way to Limgrave to find Y/N, the dragon was sitting on a sandy shore that had gentle tides in front of him. He was looking at the stars in the beautiful night.

Y/N: (Finally, a moment to myself. I wish Ranni was here.)

He recalls a flashback that Y/N had with Kalé.

15 minutes ago...

At the Church of Elleh, Y/N was eating several pieces of cooked meat on a stick. Kalé was watching the dragon devouring them.

Kalé: Someone has a big appetite.

Y/N: *Gulps* Sorry, I just had a big dinner last night, but I used up all of the energy already.

Kalé: Eh, no worries. I still have plenty more strips of meat with me.

Y/N: Where did the meat come from?

Kalé: You know those sheep that like to roll around at times?

Y/N: What about them?

Kalé: I killed some of them and brought the meat back here. I seasoned it to make the flesh taste better. Otherwise, it would've been plain.

Y/N: Thanks.

Kalé: How was your experience after your transformation?

Y/N: It feels very different than being a Tarnished. I grew more powerful as time passed, but not unbeatable.

Kalé: I see. Made any new friends recently? Or have you became a lone dragon?

Y/N: I made a lot of friends, actually. With most being women who joined me in my journeys.

Kalé: You must be very lucky to have that many female friends. They weren't scared of you at all?

Y/N: Some, when I first met them, yes. But eventually, after understanding me, they accepted who I was.

Kalé: What have you done so far?

Y/N: Went through a lot of battles recently, and I remember a time where I fought myself.

Kalé: You have?

Y/N: Thought it was powerful, but I sliced off its head.

Kalé: Interesting. Where are your friends now?

Y/N: I left them behind.

Kalé: Why would you leave a group of girls behind?

Y/N: I felt... tired and stressed.

Kalé: You don't look tired to me now.

Y/N: I mean mentally. I've done a lot for the girls by doing what they want, but after they have an argument, I couldn't withstand it. That's when I snapped and turned into something beyond Tarnished... beyond man.

Kalé: Wait... Are you saying you turned into an actual dragon?

Y/N: Yes. I turned into something more monstrous than this.

Kalé: But that's ridiculous! How can you become a dragon even though you look like one?

Y/N: I don't know, okay? I just let my anger take over, and all of a sudden, I just received the ability to become a true dragon.

Kalé: Strange. Very strange, indeed.

Y/N: Well, I must be going then.

The dragon gets up and was about to leave the church.

Kalé: You know, if you want, you can stay here for the night to talk things out. I'll let you have more meat.

Y/N: That's a nice offer of you, but I'm afraid I need some time to myself. The girls will find me, eventually.

Kalé: So you're running away from them?

Y/N: I don't want them around me for the moment. I... just need a moment to myself.

He leaves the merchant alone with his donkey, as he walks away from the church.

Present

Y/N: *Sighs* (The girls will find me soon.)

As he continued to stare at the stars, the dragon began to grow tired. Y/N slowly started to fall asleep and was enjoying the moment of the peace and quiet. He lets out a yawn and was ready to slowly closed his eyes. Before he could even sleep, the dragon hears a voice that's crying for help.

???: Help! Somebody help me! I'm drowning!

Y/N's moment of peace and quiet comes to an end. The mysterious voice came from the sea, and when the dragon looked around, he sees a man who appeared to be drowning.

Man: Somebody, please! Help! I can't swim!

Y/N: (What the? Where did he come from?)

The dragon gets up from the sand and rushes towards the desperate man. He extends his tail towards him when reaching the shallow part of the water, who continued splashing.

Y/N: Grab my tail! I'll pull you out of there!

Man: Oh, thank you! Thank you kindly!

The man holds onto Y/N's tail, but rather than being still, he drags the dragon towards the depths of the ocean with supernatural strength. Y/N claws the sand and rocks to get back to shore, but gets pulled underwater. When under the salt water, the dragon was expecting to drown, but he manages to breathe underwater instead.

Y/N: I can breathe... underwater?

The strange part was that the man Y/N tried to rescue was nowhere in sight. The dragon looks around, only to find the dark emptiness. He swims around the dark ocean to search for the man, still finding nothing. Y/N then hears a voice that echoed through the water.

???: Well, well, you are a special fellow, aren't you?

Something big and swift swam past Y/N. The dragon looks around, missing the mysterious figure.

???: Not only you are a dragon, but you survived my trap.

Y/N: Who are you? Reveal yourself!

From the depths, the dragon sees two pairs of glowing, yellow eyes. When Y/N gets a closer look at who the figure was, he sees a large, monstrous creature with a human on its back, who appeared that his hip was attached to the monster's back.

Y/N: Who are you? What are you?

Creature: My identity matters not.

Y/N: I demand an explanation! Now!

Creature: Ugh, for a beast like you, you are impatient. I am the Nøkken, a deceiving monster who drags others down into my lair and devour their corpses.

Y/N: Wait, so that man that I tried to save... was the bait?

Nøkken: I was the bait to luring you into my trap, and you fell for it. The fishermen has been tricked by the fish.

Y/N: How many people have you killed?

Nøkken: Dozens, hundreds. Every day, someone falls right into my trap. And it looks like I caught myself a big one in my hands.

Y/N: (Okay, this guy is creeping me out.) Hey, listen. It was nice meeting you, but I have to go.

The dragon swims back to the shore, but he was blocked by the sea monster.

Nøkken: You think I would let my prey leave alive?

Y/N: Hey, buddy. If you don't mind, would you please step aside?

Nøkken: Fat chance. I have devoured humans before, and whatever you are, you're my next meal.

Y/N: If you're intending on killing me, well, jokes on you. I can come back. I always do.

Nøkken: Whatever you say, beast. A shame that we have just met... But it's about time that I devour you next!

The dragon attempts to punch the Nøkken, but misses when the creature swiftly swims away from him. The creature chuckles in response. The Nøkken punches Y/N from behind, which he turns around to punch back, but misses again. The dragon tries to use his breath attacks, but unfortunately, he was unable to.

Nøkken: Heh, what's wrong, dragon? Growing tired already?

Y/N then gets hit multiple times by the Nøkken, unable to fight back, due to the creature's underwater speed. When the dragon couldn't take it anymore, he roared as loud as he could, paralyzing the Nøkken with fear.

Y/N: Got you, you son of a bitch!

The dragon swims towards the Nøkken and rams into him with his antlers, sending the sea monster back.

Nøkken: Damn you!

It unleashes a powerful screech at Y/N, sending in a sonic boom that hit the dragon directly in the face.

Y/N: Argh!

He looks around to see his opponent gone.

Y/N: (That coward!)

From below, the Nøkken did an uppercut to Y/N, knocking him back. It then grabbed onto the dragon's arms.

Y/N: What the...?!

The human part of the Nøkken began to use some sort of magic, with its eyes glowing red. Y/N suddenly began to grow weaker.

Y/N: I... can't... move...!

Nøkken: That's it, give in. All of this would've been easy if you give in.

Y/N: *Chuckles* You think I would give up that easily?

Nøkken: Huh?

Y/N: I have one more trick up my sleeve.

The dragon's body began to have azure electricity, as Y/N's eyes began to glow blue. The Nøkken got shocked by the dragon's electricity.

Y/N: You think I would surrender that easily? I will never surrender anyone... NEVER!!!

The dragon then created a massive explosion of electricity, making the Nøkken shriek in pain.

Meanwhile, Rennala and Melina were speaking with Sellen in her chamber.

Rennala: Please tell us you have seen Y/N.

Sellen: Mmm... Sorry, don't remember him being here.

Melina: No clue?

Sellen: No clue at all. I'm sorry.

Rennala: Well, we'll be on our way then.

Sellen: When do you think we'll teach him glintstone sorceries?

Rennala: Hopefully soon. We'll teach him together, right?

Sellen: That's what he said.

Melina: Hope we see each other again.

Sellen: I'm positive we will.

The two left the chambers to find the others outside of the ruins. The spiritual dragon was not there, this time. Leonard was munching on some grass, while Tusk was resting on the ground.

Nepheli: Anything?

Rennala: Unfortunately, no.

Mohg: *Groans* How much longer must we find that dragon?

Malenia: *Yawns* I'm starting to get tired.

Mary: Me too, mom.

Malenia: What did you call me?!

Mary: Oh! I'm sorry! I was just thinking that you were our mom!

Finlay: Looks like you're a mother now, Malenia.

Rennala: Like me.

Malenia: Shut up.

They heard thundering from the sky. Everyone looked up to see the dark clouds blocking the stars, with flashes of lightning within them, and the roaring thunder.

Millicent: Man, it's about to storm tonight.

Lansseax: I hope we don't get rained on.

Melina: Let's find Y/N before we do.

Back at the shore, the Nøkken was crawling onto the sand, looking a bit weak. It looks at the sky to see the thundering clouds.

Nøkken: That bastard did pack a punch.

It hears something stirring in the water, seeing a long, serpentine body with blue scales, appearing to be shiny. Sparks of electricity were on them, as the Nøkken saw the body rising and sinking. The tides began to become rougher.

Y/N: You have messed with the wrong Tarnished.

Nøkken: T-Tarnished?

Y/N's head rose from the sea, who was in his true dragon form. He looked at his opponent from a very high level, making the Nøkken small comparing to him. His eyes glowed yellow, filled with rage.

Nøkken: Please, forgive me!

Y/N: It is too late for that, you vile fiend. Now, you will suffer the wrath of the azure dragon!

The dragon roars loudly, summoning heavy rain from the clouds and gusty winds. The girls were still walking through the Limgrave, still searching for Y/N, but were hit by the heavy rain and winds.

Maureen: Oh, you've got to be kidding me! Already?!

Rennala was holding onto her crown to prevent it from getting blown away. Everyone then heard Y/N's thundering roar that came from the ocean, making the girls know it was him.

Melina: That's Y/N!

Rennala: Then we must get to him!

A huge lightning strike occurred near the girls, making them back away, but none of them got hit. The color of the lightning was azure, just like Y/N's.

Lansseax: Wow! That was a close one!

Mohg: The color of that lightning...

Malenia: He can summon lightning strikes now?!

Nepheli: Pretty much!

Millicent: We must get to him before any of us get hit by the lightning!

Everyone rushed towards the direction where Y/N's roar came from. Meanwhile, Y/N was glaring at the Nøkken angrily. The sea monster immediately dived back down into the ocean.

Y/N: Oh, we are not done yet!

The dragon dives down into the ocean, creating a huge splash, searching for the Nøkken. He sees it hiding in the darkness, at the bottom of the ocean. Y/N growls at the creature when he finds it.

Y/N: There you are.

Nøkken: ... Nice dragon.

The dragon then summons a massive hurricane that rose above the ocean, with the Nøkken caught in it, shrieking in terror, along with Land Octopus'. When the hurricane died down, the creature fell back to the ocean, but Y/N rose from it and used his lightning breath, turning the Nøkken into ash. He roared at the sky loudly, echoing throughout Limgrave. At the Church of Elleh, Kalé's campfire was extinguished by the rain.

Kalé: Oh, come on!

His hat was then blown away by the powerful wind.

Kalé: My hat!

The merchant gets on his donkey to chase after it. The girls finally arrive at the shore where the dragon roared, looking at his massive size.

Finlay: There he is!

Y/N glared at them with his yellow eyes. Thunder crashed as the dragon looked at the girls.

Y/N: Why are all of you here?

Melina: Why did you flee from us?

Y/N: Your argument has stressed me out. Intolerable.

Nepheli: And you abandoned us?!

Y/N: I tried to end it, but all of you continued it!

Mohg: Hey, don't look at me! Malenia started it!

Malenia: Really?! I was the one who started it?! If you haven't kidnapped my brother in the first place, we wouldn't be arguing at all!

The two women began arguing once again, and when the girls saw Y/N slowly growing angry again, they tried to calm the two down. While they did so, somewhere deep in the ocean, something massive was slumbering at the bottom of it, appearing to be multi-headed. The eyes shot up, looking up at the surface. It got off the ground and swims upward, with all of the heads hissing. At the surface, Y/N continued to watch the girls argue, until he shouted at them.

Y/N: ENOUGH!!!

Thunder roared again, making the girls stop arguing and looked at him. Kalé was riding his donkey, who finally managed to grab his hat.

Kalé: Thank goodness!

He looks at the massive dragon.

Kalé: Oh, my goodness! You are huge!

Y/N: Do you believe me now?

Kalé: Yes! Yes, I do!

Melina: Please! This is probably why Y/N left us! We are starting to turn against each other! If we keep this up, he may never forgive us and abandon us permanently!

She turns towards the massive dragon.

Melina: Please, Y/N! Come back to us!

Y/N: And why should I return to you girls if you keep arguing?!

Melina: Because you're our friend! You were the person that made us come together! If it weren't for you, all of us would continue to suffer and still be haunted by their past!

The girls felt what Melina said, making everyone become silent, especially Y/N. His anger began to become cool, as the rain disappeared and the winds became gentle, howling through the beach. The only parts that remained where the dark, thundering clouds.

Melina: Please, you're our protector. Even though you're dragon and not the Tarnished you once were, you're still a good person.

Rennala: She's right. You were like a family member to us. Without you, I would continue to be haunted by my past in that wretched library. Now, I see there's more than that.

Nepheli: You were a role model to me. You may look like a monster, but that doesn't make you an evil person.

Millicent: You were a kind fellow when we first met, helping me out with the scarlet rot that I've been suffering. If we never met, I would've died a long time ago.

Lansseax: I had people that I once knew and loved, but... I'm glad that I met you. It was a blessing that you allowed me to come with you.

Mary: My sisters and I are grateful that you saved our lives.

Mohg: My sister got a chance to see me again, which I'm totally grateful of.

Malenia: I'm only here just to help. And I may be a "mother" to these five girls. You bested me in battle, and I'm probably alone now, so that's why I came.

Melina: See? Every one of us has a reason that they're here. We all... love you.

The dragon's eyes widened from what she said. Tusk went towards the dragon, walking into the shallow water, extending his trunk at Y/N. The dragon extended his massive claw towards him, where the Ice Mammoth tangled around it.

Kalé: This is a touching scene.

Melina: I bet Torrent is jealous.

Y/N made a gentle smile on his face. Something began to stir the ocean, and when everyone looked at what was underneath the water, a multi-headed monstrosity rose from the sea.

The heads sunk their teeth into the dragon's scales, making him roar loudly once again.

Azure lightning began to strike down near the girls, making them run around to avoid them. Leonard was so terrified that the horse fled away from the group.

Rennala: Leonard!

Kalé: Don't worry, miss! I'll get your horse back!

The merchant chases after the horse with his donkey.

Lansseax: Y/N!

She flies towards the ocean to where the sea monster was biting Y/N. The woman threw multiple lightning spears at the heads, which didn't affect it at all, but rather turn its attention towards Lansseax.

Lansseax: Uh-oh.

It spat out multiple water projectiles at her. She flew past them, until one of the projectiles hit her.

Melina: Lansseax!

Rennala: No!

The woman fell into the ocean and sank. Y/N gasped and breathed lightning onto the monster, making it hiss and dive back into the ocean. The dragon dove into the water to see Lansseax continuing to sink towards the bottom. He picks her up and quickly rose up to lay her on the sand, as she coughed out the seawater.

Lansseax: Ugh...

Multiple water projectiles hit Y/N's face, making him roar once again. He glares at the beast, who hisses at him. Y/N dug his fangs into one of the heads, making the monster shriek. The dragon then tore it off, creating a massive wound on the beast, and tosses the head into the ocean.

Malenia: I have an idea! Y/N!

The dragon looks at the woman who shouted.

Malenia: Throw me to the monster! Let me help you!

Mohg: Are you insane?! You're going to drown!

Malenia: I fought Radahn before, and I know how to swim, okay?

Mohg: But that thing is gonna eat you!

Y/N: Okay! But hurry!

He places the palm of his hand on the sand, letting Malenia hop onto it.

Malenia: Ready!

The dragon throws her towards the beast, as she lands onto one of the heads, grabbing onto the slimy fin. After getting a hold of herself, the woman takes out the blade from her prosthesis and slices the head off. Another head grabbed the woman and tried to swallow her, but she was caught between its jaws. Y/N and the others were fighting the other heads, and were unable to help Malenia.

Malenia: Damn it!

A giant, red spear that was made of lightning was thrown at the beast's neck, severing it and letting go of Malenia, who was now about to fall into the ocean. She was then caught by Lansseax, who looked at Malenia as she looked back.

Lansseax: Be a bit more careful next time, will ya?

Malenia smiled at the woman, as the two went back to shore. While Y/N was fighting two of the beast's heads, Mohg flew on top of one of them and pierced its wet hide with her trident. It shook violently as the woman continued to hang on.

Mohg: This one's very slippery!

The dragon assisted her by biting down onto the neck and tore it off, letting the severed head fall into the sea, as Mohg got her weapon out of the hide on time, flying upwards before she could even sink.

Mohg: Thanks, Y/N.

The other head Y/N fought charged up its ranged attack, until it was hit by a light projectile and a glintstone comet. It looked at Melina and Rennala, with their weapons out. The head attempted to eat them, but Y/N bit onto the head and chomped it, with the fifth head gone. Nepheli, Millicent, and her sisters faced the sixth, who hissed at them as the thunder struck.

Nepheli: It uses both ranged and melee?! What nonsense is this?!

Millicent: How are we supposed to cut it off?

Mary: Seems impossible to me!

Tusk rushed towards the head, who immediately goes straight towards the Ice Mammoth, but it got frozen by the mammoth's ice breath. With the head now turned into an ice cube, it crashed down into the sand, with Tusk repeatedly stomping onto the neck.

Nepheli: Thanks, Tusk!

Millicent: Let's go and attack it!

Millicent's Sisters: Yeah!

The six ran towards the Ice Mammoth to help by attacking the head with their weapons, and severing it after multiple attacks. With one head remaining, it looked upon the rest of the group, being outnumbered without the rest, with Y/N diving into the ocean. This confused the girls of what his plan was next.

Lansseax: What is he doing?

Underneath the monster, something began to circle it. It was then caught inside a hurricane that was similar to the one Y/N did to the Nøkken. The monster continued to get spun around in the hurricane, while the others below tried not to get caught into it.

Malenia: Is this dragon out of his mind?!

Melina: Y/N! Whatever you do, stop this act now!

When the hurricane disappeared and the monster was way up in the sky, it was shrieking as it was falling. Y/N's emerged from the sea and into the air. His eyes began to glow blue, and roared loudly at the sky, and above the monster in the dark clouds, a massive lightning bolt struck at it, making the beast shriek in pain. It was a lightning bolt no one has ever seen before, as if it was like a giant beam of luminous energy. Everyone shielded their eyes from the brightness. The ones who were in Limgrave saw this massive lightning strike, even those who were far away. When Kalé finally captured Leonard, he saw Y/N roaring and the lightning.

Kalé: By Marika's name...

The lightning pierced through the monster, turning it into ashes. When the lightning was gone, everyone looked at the azure dragon, who glared at them after finishing his attack. He roared once again in triumphant, clearing the dark, thundering clouds that covered the entire land of Limgrave, exposing the starry sky.

Melina: Y/N...

Lansseax: That... was... AMAZING!!!

Malenia: Call me impressed.

Mohg: What a way to end the fight.

The dragon dives into the ocean, making a flash of light underwater, and emerging back to shore in his dragon Tarnished form. He dragged himself towards the girls, across the sand.

Girls: Y/N!

They rushed towards him to check on him, especially Tusk.

Y/N: I'm... fine...

Nepheli: What in the world did you do?

Y/N: I... don't know. It's like I had the ability to control the storms, but the lightning looks like mine.

Lansseax: Well, whatever you did, it was brilliant! You're probably more powerful than me!

Malenia: Heh, or the rest of us.

Y/N: Did I ascend into something beyond Tarnished and man?

Rennala: Evolved would be a more appropriate term. After all, you are able to change into the form you are in now into the form that we just experienced.

Mohg: Yeah. You were able to defeat that thing with no problem!

Y/N: I had to use that monstrous form. It was my only way to defeat the Nøkken.

Millicent: The Nøkken?

Y/N: A monster that I dealt with earlier before that monstrosity.

A moment of silence occurred between everyone. The merchant arrives back at the beach where the group was, seeing them being silent.

Kalé: Ma'am! I got your horse back!

Rennala looked back at Kalé and saw Leonard. She walked towards him, immediately get on top of the horse.

Rennala: Thank you, dearly.

She rides her horse back to the group.

Y/N: Earlier, you said you loved me. And when you mean by that, I mean all of you?

Millicent: You've been with us for a long time now.

Polyanna: We may be new, but all of us are looking forward of what you are capable of.

Malenia: Same.

Melina: You are our friend, and friends protect each other, don't they?

Y/N: True.

Nepheli: You're our friend, our dragon Tarnished.

Rennala: If we continue to be united, we'll probably be able to accomplish anything, just like in the past.

Melina: So... Do you forgive us now?

Mohg: We promise. No more arguing. *Looks at Malenia* Right?

Malenia: Of course. Not after what I saw from Y/N.

Lansseax: What do you say?

The dragon kneels down and opens his arms wide out. He smiles at the girls.

Y/N: Apology accepted.

The girls rushed towards him and crashed into Y/N, with everyone giving him a big hug. Tusk, Leonard, Kalé, and his donkey watched the touching scene, as the sun began to rise up in the horizon, with the birds flying over the ocean. The sun shined upon Limgrave, with everyone laughing with joy.

To be continued...

(End Credits Theme)

A/N: Well, that's it. The first part of the story is over, but fear not, there will be more in the future, uncovering the other parts of Elden Ring. Before leaving, just wanted to give a two teasers of what will be published next in the future, which will not tie to the main storyline. I'll allow all of you to choose which one will come first. The most voted one will be published soon, with the other being saved for the next part of the story.

Would you rather want this?

Or this...?

A/N: Winner will be announced in a separate chapter. I hope all of you enjoyed The Beginning. Thank you for reading and I will see you all next time!

Weeping Peninsula

At the moment when it was still nighttime, there was a blind girl who sat on a rock, holding a letter in her hand. From the sky dropped down gentle rain.

Even though she was blind, the girl looked at her letter and then to her left to see enemies roaming around, from dogs to Misbegottens.

Girl: Oh, goodness, who will ever deliver this letter to him?

She looks back at the letter.

Girl: I hope someone comes by to help.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

236K 2.5K 12
» 10/1/2020 - ivar x targaryen oc « In the great City of Pentos, inside of the Magister's extravagant mansion, there was a young princess. Her hair...
10.6K 1.1K 63
ONC 2023 Shortlist @YARomance Undiscovered Book of the Month (January 2024) Featured on Wattpad's HighFantasy, StoriesUndiscovered (May 2023), Dange...
13 0 5
BLOOD LEGION BOOK ONE "All of our fates are intertwined with war. It just depends which side of the blade you're on. Either you're the one holding it...
4.8K 153 11
One Tarnished Journey to become Elden Lord, but that's not all. This will be a story of 10 chapters (for now) I hope you enjoy this story, please fee...