Ambivalence

By Calwolf_girl

"๐•€๐•ฅ'๐•ค ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•š๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•๐• ๐•ง๐•– ๐•Ÿ๐• ๐•ฃ ๐•™๐•’๐•ฅ๐•–, ๐•“๐•ฆ๐•ฅ ๐•›๐•ฆ๐•ค๐•ฅ ๐•™๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•—๐•–๐•–๐•๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐•”๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•—๐•๐•š๐•”๐•ฅ๐•–๐••... More

Ambivalence
prologue
one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
The Rhendmons
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four

five

48 0 0
By Calwolf_girl

相反する感情

Conflicted feelings 

"Rhendmons-sama, here are the reports that you asked for earlier." My assistant, Amaya said as she put some papers on my desk and that caught me off my trails of thoughts. 

"Oh, all right, Arigatou, Amaya-san. You may leave now." I said as I started to check the papers one by one. 

"Ah, yes, Rhendmons-sama, Arigatou gozaimasu." She bowed and walked away from my office. I am now in my dad's company in Tokyo. There have been a lot of problems since the company was just opened less than a year ago. But I quickly adapted to the environment and am helping my dad to handle this company. It is still growing and the business aren't that ready yet. I was checking some of the reports when one paper slipped from my grasp and revealed a familiar name.

'Yamaguchi Group'  

I was quite surprised to see that name, but I read the paper as a whole. And then I found out that Yamaguchi Group wanted to ask for dad's new company to be one of their investors in their company because they are gathering investments for a new cosmetic brand they are launching soon. I sighed as I was feeling a little bit uncomfortable with the mention of the group's name, when in reality their princess act a spoiled brat. But I decided to keep it professional and texted my dad about the report. 

Suddenly, the office phone rings and I answered it.

"Yes, hello?" I asked.

"Apologies to disturb you, Rhendmons-sama, but Satō-san is waiting in the lobby. She said that she has an appointment with you." 

"Ah, yes, I'll head down now, thank you." I hang up and quickly grab my purse and coat then head down through the lift. 

However, on the way down I can't stop thinking about the Yamaguchi Group. Especially, after what Akashi had told me about 2 weeks ago that he was now engaged to Yamaguchi Kaori. I was a bit shocked and confused to hear that. So, he first told me that he once had romantic feelings for me and now he has moved on. 

"However I always dreamed of the day that I can talk to her again...even if it is just for a moment". 

I suddenly remembered what he told me. His words were ringing in my head like crazy. It looked like he really meant what he said. But then again, it was his fault for- No I shouldn't remember that moment in the past. 

He was just another person from my past. He doesn't have any more role in my life right now?

Right? 

"Hey, Mio! Ready for our girls' night out?" Emiko asked as she approached me when I arrived at the lobby. 

"Sure. Where do you think we should go?" 

"I don't know, still deciding on that one." 

"How about a private restaurant in the heart of Tokyo? My cousin once ate there and she said it's a really great place." 

"Your cousin, Yvette Valencia wasn't it?" Emiko asked me.

"Yes, as crazy as my cousin is she knew a lot of great places to dine in. Come on, let's go." 

"Yes, ma'am." We both walked away into my car and drove to a restaurant not so far away from my dad's company. When we arrived the place was almost empty but even so, I decided to wear a black mask and shades to cover my eyes. We booked a private room just for the two of us. 

"You know it is still hard to believe that the friendly and all-cheery Kobayashi Minori is actually Miori Rhendmons. You both looked and acted nothing alike!" Emiko said as she looked at my all-black outfit. 

"Well, yeah, how am I supposed to hide my identity if I acted the way I usual act?" I said as I remove my mask and shades. 

"Yeah, good. Did you take acting classes while in The States? Why is your acting really convincing?" 

"I took theatre in my sophomore year, only for one semester, and it was all for extra credits." 

"Anyway, from what I heard, you and Akashi are the top students on your major right?" My brows furrowed at the mention of that name.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked. 

"Well, no, just asking really...I was a little surprised that you are able to get almost perfect scores in all the classes similar to Akashi. I remembered that you were the brightest student in class, but no one has even beaten him before, and you are the first one that can really compete with his intellect." I sipped my tea and raised an eyebrow.

"I study and work really hard. You know, I am not going to let some guy hinder me from doing my best. Besides, Akashi is smart but he's not at the same level of intelligence as my sister, Issa. Even I have a hard time competing with her."

"Yeah...Your sister is the SMARTEST person I knew, seriously, your dad really has the most beautiful and intelligent children!" 

"You're exaggerating, you know I don't like it when someone compliments us too much, it makes me feel suspicious about their true intentions," I said. Emiko chuckled awkwardly.

"Sorry I got carried away again..." I then remembered something about Akashi after he was mentioned.

"But I am curious, is it true that Akashi and Yamaguchi are engaged?" 

"Huh? Yes, almost everyone knew about it. Their engagement has been made public about a year ago. 

"A year ago, huh?" I asked slightly mumbling. 

"Yeah, but you know my cousin, Hayashi Takehito is a close friend of both of them. Even though we do not get along most of the time, he still told me that Akashi and Yamaguchi's engagement is just to strengthen business partnerships between the families. Akashi's father promised to give a huge investment in Yamaguchi's company, and both families become prominent shareholders in each other's company. It's sickening to think someone would arrange that just because they are greedy for more money." Emiko said while I just looked at the sky from the top floor view. 

So, Akashi and Yamaguchi's relationship are all based on a business agreement? Well, it is nothing new since I have heard of many rich families that do that. But why did I feel slightly relieved inside after hearing that? It can't be because I am happy hearing that, right? I just shrugged it off and continue to listen to Emiko's other stories while waiting for our food.

"Also, I heard that Yamaguchi Group is opening a new cosmetic brand, isn't that crazy? Say, I am confused, what happened to that clothing brand of yours?" 

"Huh? Oh, that...Well, I gave that up and let my cousin, Yvette handle that. She wasn't that happy that I gave up fashion for business, but she reluctantly agree." I said as our food are starting to arrive.

"Oh okay, but back to our previous topic, Yamaguchi Group already have so many brands, but from what I heard the new will be the one that Kaori herself managed." 

"Ooh, okay..." So, that's might explained why they're looking for new investments as I heard this will be the biggest cosmetic brand they will ever launched.

"I have a question, doesn't Kaori have an elder sibling? How come I never saw them when Kaori was all in the news?" Emiko think for a while before speaking.

"From what I heard, Kaori does have an older brother, not much older than us, but he's abroad so yeah...there's that." 

"Okay, anyway, how's the food?" 

"It's tasty but not as tasty as my mom's. I actually liked my mom's restaurant but just wished to try new stuff once in a while." 

"Agree." 

We talked for a while until our food is finished and decided to leave after we paid. I decided to leave the private room first since Emiko needed to use the restroom. I was checking my phone when I heard a familiar voice not far from our room. 

"I can't believe all the private rooms with the best views are all reserved! Like can you believe it? Shouldn't they leave a room for the children of Japanese' richest families?" 

"Hey, this table is fine."

"Well, it is okay, it does have a nice view. Just I don't hope you feel uncomfortable with all this. I mean, I know how much you like your privacy, Sei-kun~" Such a weird flirty voice in my opinion. 

But wait.

Sei-kun? 

Isn't that the name Kaori used for-

"Yamaguchi, please don't act like this in public." Wait...That voice, oh no-

I quickly popped my head a little from behind a wall to see something when I found both Akashi and Yamaguchi at a table in the corner. With Yamaguchi leaning her head on Akashi's shoulder holding his arm. She looked like a glue to him! While Akashi tried to look cool with it all. I can't believe my eyes! 

They act lovey-dovey in public!

"Hey, Mio, I am done, so-WHAT THE?" I covered Emiko's mouth with my palm to make sure we wouldn't draw any attention to ourselves. I glared at her and pointed to the couple and then to me. She nodded in understanding. 

"Sorry...But woah...Is that really Akashi and Yamaguchi? They looked like a real couple on a date! But I thought Akashi was..." I didn't listen to her as I continued to look at both of them. They act like a real couple. And as their food was served, Yamaguchi opened her mouth and Akashi just feed her with a spoon. Anyone who never heard of their engagement would think of them as a real couple. I furrowed my brows at such a sight feeling something inside of me. It is like I feel uncomfortable but also sad or mad seeing that...I don't know...

"You looked like you're annoyed because of them? Should we leave them alone?" Emiko asked pointing to the two from a far.

"I think we should...Come on." I said coldly as I quickly put my shades and mask on and leave the restaurant. With Emiko behind me looking confused as to why I acted like this. 

"Wait, were you jealous of those two back then?" Emiko asked as we arrived inside our car. I looked at her raising an eyebrow.

"No, of course not. It will be ridiculous." I answered annoyedly.

"Well, it looked like you were jealous back then. You know you can try to hide your emotions but your eyes says otherwise." 

No, it can't be, right? Me, jealous? That's insane...

-- 

"Well, it looks like the poor kid has finally decided to wear something nice once in a while." I heard the witch speaks behind me while I was adjusting my books in the locker. I looked at her and her friends behind me annoyedly. 

"What do you want, Yamaguchi?" I asked annoyedly.

"Well, I am here to compliment your shirt and necklace. It looks cute." I decided to wore something from my usual wardrobe. It was because I didn't have any other clothes that are suited for Kobayashi Minori. Beside, I never wore this before, so the media should not know this is mine. 

I wanted to get back at her but I realized that I was playing the role of Kobayashi Minori, so I smiled at her. 

"Really? Thanks, my sister lend this to me." Yamaguchi looked at her friends and just laughed. I knew something was up with her.

"Woah, you have such an ugly wardrobe that you have to borrow something from your sister? That's so sweet of you." Yamaguchi said mockingly. 

"But I thought-"

"You think I would so easily compliment something so ugly like that, you're wrong. Besides, I am hosting a event to launch my new cosmetic brand this month, you can join but if you help to do my assignments for me."

"And why would I do that? Don't you have a super smart boyfriend?" 

"Yes, it is true Sei-kun is so smart, but he's busy with his father's business, something that people like you wouldn't understand. So, I have to ask someone else to do them for me. Since, I also will be busy handling the launch of the my new brand." 

"Woah..." I said pretending to be amazed. 

"Good, then. So, this is my assignments for next week. I will pick them up in Friday afternoon. Makes sure they are straight A's. See you soon!" She said as she handed me a folder of many papers. I looked at her with disgust but I still remembered that I need to pretend and acted like I don't mind when I actually DO MIND. 

Yamaguchi has been really rude to many people, including me. This is mostly because people labelled her as the prettiest and richest girl in campus, so that must have feed her ego. She's also the president of many clubs and hold many important positions in the university despite being a first year like I am. But, she used them to her advantage most of the time like giving herself and her friends special privileges and all that. Such a shame for such a beautiful face. 

I just sighed and shoved the folder in my locker, as I'll deal with them after this. I locked my locker and was walking to a hallway when suddenly I heard cheering and loud noises across it. I noticed a really huge crowd and walked up to them. And to my shock, I saw a tall and slender figure with chestnut hair and hazel eyes. She have a very pale and flawless skin. She looked really gorgeous and stunning. I was amazed when suddenly...

And I soon realized that the really beautiful girl with western features is actually...

MY COUSIN, YVETTE?!

I was shocked seeing her. Nothing on this earth can describe the feeling of shock I was feeling. I gasped and was very surprised to see her here. HERE IN MY UNIVERSITY! WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?! 

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL?!

Many girls and guys take a picture of her and cheering. If you don't know, my cousin Yvette Valencia Rhendmons is my cousin. And she was a very popular influencer in Instagram, a model, and a fashion critic. She was very popular and was nominated many times to be the most beautiful girl  in the world. 

"Hello everyone, thank you so much for this warm welcome. However, I am here because I need to meet someone real quick. So, if you can just give me some space, please, that will be wonderful." She said trying to escape the crowd. Then she noticed me behind all the crowds and pointed to her phone secretly. I then noticed a notification on my phone and found a message from her. 

'Meet me in the private meeting room upstairs. The chancellor knew I was coming.' - Yvette. I sighed as I continued to watch my cousin being crowded and decided to go up to the room she was referring to. 

-- 

"I bring some news and I think you will not like them." She said in English in her usual British Accent. She can't speak Japanese. I looked at her in confusion. 

"What is it?" 

"Firstly, Mio, darling, if you want to take off your cover here it is perfectly all right. My bodyguard is in front making sure no one is going to disturb us here." I sighed as I take off the wig and brush my black hair. It was hot wearing that thing. 

"Seriously, I really respect you for pulling such a convincing cover. I was not certain it was you before but then I looked at your eyes and I realized it was you." 

"Okay, so, quit the chatting, cousin. Tell me why do you suddenly decide to come to Japan unexpectedly and came here?" 

"So, you don't like it when your older cousin comes to visit you?" 

"No...I really am happy you're here just...why do you have to come now and not later?" 

"Well, you see, Mio, turns out my manager called me and said I need to fly to Shanghai tonight, so I only have limited time. But I really need to see you while I am still here in Japan. So, you see first of all, how are you?" 

"What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Like are you all right in here? Is it everything okay? I might be your cousin but I deeply cared for you like a sister." I sighed. 

"It's okay I guess...Still need time to adjust to everything but so far it's been good." 

"Wonderful." She smiled, "Okay, so, I'll tell you the news. So, your father decided to reduce your stay here for only a year." I widened my eyes in surprised. 

"Wait, but, dad said..." I said disbelief. 

"I knew it was sudden. But uncle was supposed to arrived here today, he didn't tell you because he wanted it to be a surprise. But your sister, Lena...She's umm..." 

"Let me guess? She did something, AGAIN?" I said rolling my eyes as Yvette just nodded. 

"Yes...This time she was caught skipping schools and ran away with some boy. But I think she did that because something happened to her, so not purely intentional." I looked at her seriously. 

"Seriously? How can you say that? She never changed. She got caught in so many problems and now THIS." I said annoyedly. 

"You haven't talk to her since THAT incident, huh?" Yvette asked looking at me worriedly. 

"No, why would I talk to her? After I trusted her with everything and she just had to show her friend about it! I got into trouble because of her!" I said angrily remembering what happened a few months ago. 

"Mio...She's your sister. She didn't do that on purpose. She trusted the wrong person, and unfortunately-" 

"And unfortunately that affected my career and myself!" I said coldly. Yvette sighed. 

"I know...Just...Let's not talk about it anymore...However, I am curious I heard that the red-haired boy from years ago was now engaged, is that right?" 

"Yes, he is...What about it?" 

"Are you happy about it? You two used to have something close to a relationship in the past. I am just worried that it will affected you negatively and all that..." 

"No, I'm fine...I am okay. He can marry and be engaged to anyone he wanted....I don't care...." I said, but deep down I feel unsure about it. 

"Okay, then. I just hope that if anything happens you can talk to me or us, we are your family. Or you can go back to the UK and we'll have you to go through this." 

"It's nothing serious, Yvette. You don't to worry." 

"No, I am worry...I known you all my life, Mio, and there's one thing that you're good at. Hiding your emotions, but I know something in you feels a certain way...And it is perfectly fine." I avoided eye contact with her after hearing that. Don't know how to respond to that. 

"Mio, you can't hide your feelings forever. It is better if you let all of it out. Like telling Lena how disappointed you were at her instead of avoiding her, share to us your pain, and perhaps even...your real feelings towards that boy." I looked at her raising an eyebrow.

"What boy? Dallas?" 

"No, the other one. You know what I mean. He's the first boy that actually makes you comfortable. Mio, you and I alongside the other girls inside our families were all raised in a  very different upbringing. I know the feeling when you have someone that respected you as who you really are. And in this case, out of all your sisters, you're the first to find the right person. I know that you didn't want to depend on any male, especially after how we were raised." 

I looked at her emptily. 

"But, please, don't give up on him so soon. For women like us, meeting someone like him feels like a dream come true." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 59 19
KNB X OC (but also a self insert, you can self insert yourself in the position of the OC, if that's what you like.) Amethyst Azalea. Hard working, in...
278K 6.8K 21
The story about the hanged relationship of Akashi and (F/N). Since (F/N) left him with just a note. However, four years after their graduation in Hig...
13.5K 559 18
[1st place in the category 'Hayama Kotaro' of KnB Watty Awards 2015] 'It was a rainy spring day when it happened. Akashi Seijuro, the firstborn who w...
5K 108 15
A aokaga story that can get emotional ๐Ÿ™‚ AND SOME FUN TIMES (not the age appropriate ones)