The element protectors one-sh...

By Cat-con

one-shots with the element protectors the element protectors belongs to KC safirewolf go subscribe to them on... More

rule and requests
comforting times 🔥🧊
What if?
what if? part two a heart to heart 💀🌊
meeting the O'Halloran's 🌊🍃
Small spaces = big problems
sharing past stories
Body swapping for a day
Love and fears to it
the Bois properly meet the protectors

Ghost town

316 3 35
By Cat-con

Requested by no one, this is a small theory that I have of TEP and what song safire would use, I know there are many songs but this is one of the ones I'm leaning to so enjoy
_________________________________________

Ships: spiral x brook and one-sided brash

Genre: Angst

Ghost town does not belong to me, all rights go to Benson Boone

_________________________________________

      Ash stood in the halls on his phone as his friends gossiped. Through the chattering he could hear someone yell out something, ash perked up and saw a familiar blue haired guy and a light tan haired girl.

It was brook his friend and spiral

Brooks girlfriend. Spiral stormed off leaving brook looking down. Ash approached brook and tapped his shoulder, brook jumped and turned around quick but relaxed the moment he saw ash.

"Hey, you ok? Spiral looked ready to rip your head off" brook looked away and sighed. He began talking about his troubles with spiral yet again, which was nearly the same as always.

....

You fill up till you're empty
I took too much and you let me

Ash listened to what brook said to him, brook always wonder what he did wrong in his relationship, but there was no problems with him, it was spiral.

We've been down on this roads before

Ash walked the hall like usual to get to class. He looked up upon hearing familiar voices. He saw brook and spiral. It seemed to be one of spirals good days as she looked affectionate towards brook.

Ash watched as he saw the two kiss each other. He hid behind a wall, feeling tears form in his eyes and feeling his heart begin to break. He sprinted away to the nearest bathroom to try to calm himself down.

And what we found don't live there anymore
It's dark~
it's cold~

Brook sat in ash's room, sobbing as he questioned himself, wondering what he did wrong to spiral and what he could do to fix it. Ash sat next to him and listened. Brook then asked that one question ash was familiar with "what should I do ash?"

Ash fell silent, the words he wanted to say got caught in his throat.
If my hand is not the one your ment to hold~
Maybe you'd be happier with someone else~

Ash sighed "no, not really brook. I'm sorry..." ash wanted to be a good friend but at the same time he did want to seem like a jealous friend. Brook looked away to hide his tears from ash.

Maybe loving is the reason you can't love yourself
Before I turn your heart into a ghost town
Show me everything we built so I can tear it all down

Ash gave brook a side hug, seeing him sad broke his heart even more....

Down
Down, down, down

After spiral stalked off from brook, ash approached him and started casually, just to try to get his mind off of her.

You know I'll stay don't you tempt me

But sometimes when he was just chatting with him spiral would appear out of nowhere and drag brook away

But all this weight is getting heavy
Been holding up what is meant to stand

Ash froze upon seeing brook digging his nails on his arm, if ash could've guessed brook did it intentionally "BROOK STOP" he shouted and tan towards him. Brook jumped "a-ash!" Alarmed brook removed his hands from his arms.

Ash held back his tears and anger, knowing that this was the effects left by her. Ash pulled brook into a hug as brook bawled

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. She's dragging me to my limits and i- I don't- I just-" brook sputtered out. Ash began hushing him and rubbing his back "shhhhhh. It's ok brook, it gonna be ok"

I turned this love into a wasteland

Ash scouted out the next day, he wanted to have a friendly chat with spiral. It was quick to find her, she was parting from her friends and walked off

"Hey spiral" he called out. She turned and her facial expression grew cold "what do you want" she replied. Ash stood up straight "to talk to you" she tilted her head in confusion

"Could you please stop treating brook like trash" ash asked. Spiral blinked, she looked genuinely puzzled at to what he meant at first. But then she let out a huff "and why would I take orders from you" she replied

Ash gripping his fists "you'vr been hurting him in your relationship with him, I've had been trying to keep relaxed the whole time" spiral rolled her eyes "he's being overly sensitive, he needs to toughen up, not everyone is gonna being all nice and understanding to him"

Ash felt his anger rising "and lovers shouldn't make one or the other feel like shit, yet here you are" spiral look baffled. Ash hope that she would open her eyes to see what she was doing was wrong. However she gave him this look and smirked.

She began to walk away passed ash, but intentionally stopped next to him and whispered "I know your jealous because you love him, so a word of advice, don't tell me what I can and can't do with MY boyfriend, or else you will regret it"

Ash felt his blood go cold, she walked off leaving him standing there stunned.

It's dark~
It's cold~
If my hand is not the one your meant to hold~

He stood in his bathroom staring in the mirror, his encounter with spiral played in his head over and over again. Then, with all his strength he mustered up, he punched a hole in his wall 'fucking bitch' he thought bitterly
Maybe you'd be happier with someone else~
Maybe loving is the reason you can't love yourself

He wanted to tell brook those words so bad.
....

Would it be bad for ash to tell brook to split it off with spiral? Is he a good friend? Is he a bad friend?

Before I turn your heart into a ghost town
Show me everything we built so I can tear it all down
Down
Down, down, down

Ash sat in his desk, he looked over at brook who looked to be duller than ever. Ash felt sorrow for him, he wanted to help brook out. He wanted to tell him how much he cared. But he didn't know how brook would react.

He wished that he was in spirals place, to give him the love and affection he deserved.

Ash was lying down on his bed in his room, lost in his thoughts, letting the rain that fell outside sooth him.

A knock on his front door stopped his train of thought. Ash looked confused, he wasn't supposed to have any guests that day. Ash stood up and went to see who or what it was.

Ash opened the door and instantly was shocked to find brook there soaked in rain, it had been obvious that he was and had been crying. Ash instantly gestured for brook to come in.

Brook sat on the couch explaining to ash that he tried to talk about things with spiral, that lead to an argument.

The streets are empty
Where love once was but it's faded away
These broken memories
I'm left here alone and afraid to say

"Brook..." ash began "are you sure things will get better? I doesn't seem like it will" ash asked trying to reason with him "I'm sure of it ash, it just takes time" brook had this unsure look as he went on and on.

Ash felt his fists ball up as brook explained what else had happened.

Ash had enough "brook maybe things won't work out with you and her" brook looked back at him appalled "but i-" ash grabbed his shoulders "BROOK MAYBE YOUD BE HAPPIER WITH SOMEONE ELSE. MAYBE LOVE IS THE REASON YOU CAN'T LOVE YOURSELF" ash blurted out.

Brook went silent "SHE'S BEEN DRAGGING YOU DOWN AMD HURTING YOU YOU NEED TO BREAK UP WITH HER IF YOU WANT THINGS TO GET BETTER" ash shouted out to him leaving brook stunned and silent.

Before I turn your heart into a ghost town
Show me everything we built so I can tear it all down

Ash was considered when he didn't see brook for a few days. He didn't go to school and was apparently out sick. Was he harsh on him?

Down
Down, down, down

When ash saw brook again he instantly ran over to him "what happened? You were gone for a bit, is everything ok?" Brook looked up at him and nodded "I'm fine" he paused "I took a few days to think about what you said and...."

Ash braced himself for whatever brook had to say. But then what he said next made ash more shocked

"I broke up with spiral"

Tear it all down
Down
Down, down, down

Brook began to explain "I thought about what you said and, I had to admit it. You were right, I should've just ended it off sooner rather than later" brook looked down as if all that's happened was because he was in denial about the relationship the whole time.

I'll tear it all down

"Hey, better late than never" ash said placing a hand on his shoulder. Brook looked up at him seeing ash flashing a smile at him. He returned it, "let's spend after school together, just like we had before all that happened"

Brook nodded and the two went about the rest of their day with no worry

I'll tear it all down

The original song is about a guy's best friend who was in a toxic relationship and kept asking advice when the one who wrote it had none to give. In a way I see it as brook trying to hide and deny all the bad in the relationship while ash is trying to tell him all the bad in it and at the same time is being crushed by his crush (aka brook) but wants to see brook happy.

Sorry if this looks rushed and bad I really did try with this and only had half of this down and wanted to get this out into the world
But until then

Cat~con out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 288 14
Mike Wheeler (Bully of Hawkins high) Falls for the New kid (Modern Day)
90.6M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
257K 13.1K 92
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...