Best Familiar Ever

By drippy_boiz

Louise is worried that she won't be able to summon anything when she tries to summon her familiar. She think... More

Chapter 1 - The Summon
Chapter 2 - Prove Your Worth
Chapter 3 - Rivals And Maids
Chapter 4 - A Huntsman's Duty
Chapter 5 - This Is A Robbery
Chapter 6 - Staff Of Destruction
Chapter 7 - Louise Are You Drunk?
Chapter 8 - Real Love Or Fake Love
Chapter 9 - Maid Me Like You
Chapter 10 - Road Trip
Chapter 11 - Dragon Vs War
Chapter 13 - Confidence Building
Chapter 14 - Can We Keep Them?

Chapter 12 - A Surprisingly Quiet Voice

554 14 4
By drippy_boiz

Surprise surprise I'm back for more.

Let us begin once again.

____________________________________________

Damien and Louise made their way back to the rest of them. They were all shocked at what happened.
Everyone witnessed Louise wipe out that whole army with one spell.

They thought her Familiar was powerful. She's a hundred times that.

"So then the choices are between Louise the Hero or Louise the Void. They sound good. Or, if you want, Louise the Huntress. You're pretty good Huntress material." He told her.

"Hmmmm... I like that last one. Ok fine. I'll let you call me whatever one you want." She said looking away with an amused smile.

They stopped when they were standing in front of the rest of them. All the students and other mages were completely shook.

Louise looked nervous. She wasn't sure what they'd think.
Knowing her luck they'd chock it up to dumb luck and that would be the end of it.

What she didn't expect was for someone to shout something positive.

"Louise just saved the whole school!"

"Huh?"

Soon they were all cheering for her. They weren't insulting her or throwing names at her. Not even calling her useless and worthless.

She was a hero today.

"Feels nice doesn't it?"

"Hmm? What does?"

She looked up to him confused.

"Not the applause, but to succeed and have everyone recognise that. And more importantly, to make progress. To unlock a part of your potential." He put his arm around her. "Louise. You saved everyone's lives here with one spell. Before that, being blunt here, you couldn't cast a spell to save your life... Now. You just used an element no one else knows."

She looked down and smiled. It did feel great.
She actually got somewhere.

"Remember what I told you... You could do magic perfectly fine. You just needed to learn to control your power. If you want.... I can help.... Shouldn't be too different from a semblance." He offered.

She nodded.

"Yeah. I'd like that. Thank you."

"No. Thank you for once again saving my ass. And everyone else's."

Louise was a bit embarrassed hugging him in front of everyone, but she did anyway.

"You're welcome... I love you."

"Love you too Louise."

They stayed there for a minute until it was time to get going.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"So Ozpin launched you off a cliff? And that was initiation?" Siesta asked.

Damien was telling her how he got into Beacon.

"Yep. Said something about a "landing strategy" which sounds crazy." He said shaking his head.

It was the next day at night and they were celebrating the victory.
The Prince came out and made it known he was alive and much to Damien's dismay, he also informed the country that he was the one who saved him from death.

They were currently holding a party as the war has been cancelled completely.
Damien doesn't know how that works, nor does he care.

He was waiting for Louise.

Meanwhile he noticed Siesta in a rather fancy maid dress different from her normal one.

He got her to sit down and stop working after informing whoever is in charge of the maids that she will not be working.

"So.... I hear you and Louise have gotten rather close." Siesta said with a wink.

"Uh... I uh... Yeah, I guess you could say that. She uh, saved my life a lot and uh...." He had no clue what to say.

"It's fine. If you two are happy, I'm here to support you. Although..." She leaned closer. "I can't promise I won't try my luck."

"Wait you mean... With me?" He asked surprised.

"Who else? My, you really aren't the best at this."

"That's a fuckin understatement.... So... Uh... You......"

She just nodded.

She stood up when she saw Louise approaching.

"Like I said. I support you both, but I will definitely try my luck at convincing her to share. She can't keep you all to herself. She simply can't handle you on her own like that." Siesta simply walked off.

Damien watched her in surprise. He looked behind him and saw Louise.

"Did you catch that? Did she... Does Siesta..."

He watched as Louise gave a nod with an amused smirk.

"Huh.... God I'm bad at this."

She nodded again. Sitting down next to him she gave a small giggle.

"You are pretty bad at this."

"Thanks for the pep talk Louise." He said sarcastically.

"But it's cute. That level of oblivious can be annoying, but it's cute sometimes." She told him.

"Bitch, I'm adorable." He said folding his arms and looking away. "Hmph."

"Very true.... So?" She looked down to her dress. "How do I look?"

She stood up and did a twirl.

"A solid mix of cute, beautiful and hot. Very good. 11 out of 10." He said with a nod.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad either."

"It's just my armour. I literally didn't even know this was happening until an hour before." He said looking at his armour. "I'm gonna miss that chest plate. Feels like I lost a part of me."

"Hey. Tomorrow let's go and get you a new set of armour like what you have. Think maybe it might be time for an upgrade?" She asked.

He looked down at himself. He thought about it, then nodded.

"Actually. That's not a bad idea.... I'm gonna keep these though. They're sentimental to me." He said.

"And that's perfectly fine. They're yours anyway."
.
.
.
They had no idea what to do now.

Everyone else was dancing, but they were tired from yesterday and they didn't feel like it.

"This music is kinda crap." Damien said looking around.

"I actually agree." Louise nodded in agreement.

"...... Wanna hear how I got into Beacon?"

"Oh! Yes please! This sounds exciting!"

Louise was listening intently.

"Alright, so. I got to Beacon on the bullhead right and the first person I met was this dude with a massive sword. We went to the-"

He went in about the story as Louise listened on.

All while Kirche, Tabitha Montmorency and Guiche watched them.

"Seems they're both happy. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Louise was quite amazing yesterday. I thought void magic was a myth." Montmorency said.

"Yes. Seems she has finally learned to control her magic." Kirche added.

"Don't forget her familiar. He did save my life when I should have died."

They turned to the new voice and saw the Prince.

"Apologies for interrupting. I was just looking for Sir Damien. I was hoping to speak with him."

"There he is, though it seems he is in the middle of a story." Guiche told him.

"Yes. It seems so..."

The Prince approached the two as they others watched.
.
.
.
"So I go "sir, why are we at the cliff?" And he answered with "good question." Then without warning he launched me off the cliff. Craziest shit that's ever happened to me."

"Oh my God... No wonder you're not so surprised by much. You were launched from a cliff to enter a school."

"Yep."

They then notice someone approaching and notice it's the Prince.

"Oh, hey man. What's up?"

"Damien! You shouldn't be so casual with him!" Louise complained.

"Why? He's just a guy. I could give a fuck what his title is." Damien told her shrugging.

"Don't worry Louise. It's a breath of fresh air for someone to not be so formal with us."

They look to the new voice.

"Hey Ritta. Neat dress, surprised you haven't gotten anyone asking you out yet." Damien complimented looking to Henrietta.

"Thank you Damien. I appreciate the compliment."

"Princess! What brought you both here?" Louise asked looking. To the both of them.

Two royals at once. That's either good or terrible.

"Well, I simply wanted to come and thank you once again for saving my life Sir Damien. You are truly a hero. And I hear you are known as something called a Huntsman where you come from. Correct?" He asked.

Damien seemed to think.

"Well. I was a second year student before Louise saved me from death. I'm technically still a student, but the man that taught me what I know always said experience beats what combat school could ever teach. I guess I could be a Huntsman by now given my experience so far." He answered

"I see. Well, I would like to show you my thanks." The Prince handed him a rectangular box. It looked rather simple. "This is something that has been in my possession for some time now. I believe you are the person who should have it."

Damien grabbed it. He noted the weight.

"What is it?"

"A magic wand, or so I'm told. No one has been able to use it, but I have a good feeling about you." He explained.

Damien looked to the box.

"Magic wands? Why would you need a wand?" Louise asked.

"My question exactly..."

Damien put it on the table and removed to top of it.

He dropped the lid when he saw what was in it.

"You beautiful bastard!"

Damien reached in and pulled out on the "wand" and held it up.

In his hand was a Desert Eagle. A weapon from his world.

"I can't believe this is here. I missed you!"

He proceeded to... hug the gun... Louise was weirded out.

"Uh... Damien?"

"Sorry, just... I missed this thing."

"Are you familiar with it?" Henrietta asked.

"Yes! It's my gun! See, before I came here, back in my first year of Beacon, I lost it. I left it in my locker and it seemed to just vanish." He checked them. "Looked all over the school for it and it was gone. Nowhere to be seen."

"Oh... So it must have been sent here somehow..." Louise guessed looking at the weird weapon.

"So they belonged to you? That's good to know. They're yours to keep then." The Prince said nodding.

"Thanks man. Oh you look like you've been cleaned. Must have got a good polish. I'm so sorry for losing you. Now."

He stepped back.

Louise watched as he put the weapon into a holster she never noticed before.

"And... I'm complete again."

He seemed happy.

"Now then. I will leave you all be."

The Prince went off and now they were left with Henrietta.

"That was amazing what you did back there Louise. I'm proud of you for finally learning to use your magic." She said hugging the girl.

"Thank you. I'm glad I did."

After a minute, she stepped back.

"Now. I'll leave you to your date." Henrietta backed off and gave Louise a wink.

Louise's face was matching her hair.

"I.... Am tired now." Louise said with a yawn. "This is sort of boring."

Damien agreed.

"Yeah..... Wanna head back to the room?" He held up a jigsaw puzzle he found in a store earlier. "I got entertainment."

She smiled.

"I'd like that." She then noticed Siesta nearby. "Why don't we invite her?"

He smiled.

"Good idea. Siesta! Get over here!"

Louise laughed to herself as he went off.

"Best. Familiar. Ever."
.
.
.
.
.
Louise, Damien and Siesta were in her room.
They sat on the floor, the girls still in their dresses and Damien in his armour.

They finished the puzzle hours ago and now they were onto other games.

They got through a number of different ones involving monopoly, card games and D&D. Yes, they have those.

In monopoly, Louise nearly strangled Damien a few times and Siesta dominated them both.

The card games involved poker, blackjack and other games.
Seemed everyone had terrible luck for those ones.

With the third one, Louise picked a wizard and was a genocidal maniac.
Anyone that poses even a tiny bit of a threat was murdered with magic.

They were still playing D&D.

Siesta was telling the story as Damien and Louise went through it.

"Ok. You're currently being framed for a murder that you actually did and theres three guards outside. They absolutely will kill you if you fight back as they are leagues stronger than you."

"Seduce them." Damien said plainly.

Siesta face palmed.

"Damien... Why are your trying to seduce everyone? You have only succeeded once and it was with an old woman!" She told him.

"And I think she looked good for her age." Damien told her shrugging.

"I need to put a limit on how much you can seduce people... Louise. What are-"

"Kill them!"

"I just told you it's not going to wo-"

"I said kill them!"

"Louise you can't kill everything!" Damien shouted.

"And you can't seduce everything but here we are!"

"You killed the bitch! In front of everyone! Fuck it I'm just going to blame her, it's the truth." Damien said looking to Siesta and pointing to Louise.

"What the fuck?! We're on the same team you asshole!" She shouted at him.

"You knocked me unconscious in the last fight because you wanted more experience! This is the only time you want to share the credit for a kill! When it's fucking murder!"

Siesta watched them argue and just sighed.

"This is going to be a long night."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's been a few days.

It was the weekend. Everyone is off from classes for two whole days.

Damien is spending his day doing a few things to keep himself busy.

With everything seemingly calm he has time to just breath. Too much adventuring is tiring.
So the first thing he did was make his way to the kitchen and ask Marteau if he needed any help. He isn't a fan of not doing anything. That's why he trains when there's nothing else to do.

Currently he's making his way back rolling that huge pot back as he was cleaning it. He's not sure why it's needed, but he's happy to help.

What he isn't noticing as he sings a tune to himself that Louise and Siesta were following him. Listening.

"Recognise the song?" Siesta asked.

"No. Doesn't sound familiar at all."

Incase you're confused, Damien has been remembering songs he listened to back home. Songs made by fans of games and all that.

He's been singing to himself the past few days and the girls have been listening every time without him knowing.
They had no idea he could actually sing.

They followed trying to recognise the song. Louise and Siesta have no idea that it's a song that doesn't exist in their world.

They first heard him the morning after they spent that night playing board games. They spent the night in the same bed as Louise allowed Siesta to stay, she's been growing to enjoy the maids company.

-A few days ago-

Damien woke up after that night of board games and was again surprised by both Louise and Siesta in Louise's bed with him.

He remembered what happened last night and it was making him very confused about his and Louise's relationship.
What are they?

If she doesn't want a relationship that's fine, but that clearly isn't the case considering the kissing and the "I love you" being thrown back and forth.

So why is she ok with Siesta, who from what he understands likes him too and Louise knows it, sleep with them?

He shook his head. It was too early to think about that.

Getting up without waking them he goes over to where his weapons are. His guns are back with him.

"I need to check and make sure they're ok."

He got down where his bed was on the ground and began taking one of the guns apart.

After a few minutes, Louise woke up and heard someone. It sounded like someone was singing.

It was a familiar voice too.

She sat up and looked over to the source to see Damien. He was cleaning his weapons as he sang a song to himself. She immediately shook Siesta awake to hear this.
She remembers when he sang that funny song when he crashed that wedding Wardes forced her into. It was funny and clearly not a serious thing, but he still had a good voice for it.

It was also very clear of that now.

"Siesta. Siesta wake up."

Siesta stirred and looked up to Louise confused.

"Wha-"

She immediately had a finger over her mouth.

"Shh! Listen."

Siesta did as she was told and heard Damien singing to himself. Turning around they were now both watching.

He went about what he was doing as he cleaned his weapon, he was taking the second gun apart.

"A music box that creaks, the melody brings solemn peace, but only for one more breath... The last one you might have left..." He wasn't singing very loud, just enough to be heard, but not disturb them as they slept, at least that's what he assumes they were.

He had no idea they had woken up and were enjoying the music.

"So dream, dream, dream your dream cause when you're awake a nightmare awaits. So dream, dream, dream your dream cause when you're awake a nightmare awaits." He saw that his second gun was perfectly fine on the inside as well as the outside and started putting it back together. "It's a fantasy we'll be seeing you soon. Nowhere left to go terrors keep breaking through. So dream, dream, dream your dream cause when you're awake the nightmare will become the truth...."

He put the gun together and put it down. He glanced up and froze when he saw both Louise and Siesta sitting up looking at him. They were relaxed as they watched him.

Were they listening to him? Did they hear him?

"Uh... H-Hi. Um, morning girls... Uh, sleep well?" He asked nervously.

They were confused. He sounded.... embarrassed? How?

"What are you embarrassed about? That was beautiful." Siesta told him still sounding tired.

"Oh, you uh, heard me... Um.... Please just forget about that... I didn't mean to bother you two." He looked away, his face red.

Siesta would have said more, but Louise stopped her. She knew when he was uncomfortable. She learned that from certain questions about his home as some questions made him uncomfortable to answer.

"It's fine Damien. We're not going to go telling the whole school you like to sing in private. Everyone has things like that. Secret is safe with us." Louise reassured him. "We won't bring it up."

He nodded, still looking away.

"T-Thanks. I-I owe you, Louise."

"No you don't... Hehe, unless you want to do a private show for us." She teased.

Damien just hid his face in his hands.

"You are literally killing me."

-Back to Now-

They followed as he did his work singing a song.

"You can't see, things that you never thought to be, real, but whatever. Interesting, things that you admire. Processing. Spreading like wildfire." He noticed the pit was staring to lean from the hill, he moved to support it and keep it moving. "Ideas come together... Here you can find whateveeer. Here we connect the planeeet. And every dream, we have it."

He eventually eventually got it to the kitchen. He then saw his next job which was a crate if supplies they got in that the maids needed. He picked it up on his shoulder and got moving.

"Welcome to the internet. The best hasn't happened yet. From your our minds to your headset. And you'll never forget."

He walked in as the girls listened.

They left him be as they didn't want to be too stalker-ish.

"I don't understand how he can be embarrassed about that. He has amazing talent!" Louise said, the song still in her head.

"Yes. I don't know either, but perhaps be just inst confident in himself. He probably hears his own voice and thinks he sounds horrible." She said looking down.

"What's this about Damien singing?"

They froze and looked to see Kirche.

"Nothing! You heard nothing! Stay out of this Kirche!" Louise shouted trying to keep Damien's secret.

If she knows Kirche, and she definitely does, there's at least a 50/50 chance that if she know he can sing the whole school will know in 2.7 seconds.
And Louise knows Damien would rather lose an arm than have that happen.

"I thought I heard you say something about your familiar being a singer. I never knew he was. I find that quite fascinating."

Louise glared.

"And you'll keep your mouth shut about it if you want that Salamander to live past today!" She calmed down a little bit. "He isn't comfortable with it. He only wants to do it when he at least thinks he's alone. Just.... for once, listen and leave him alone. If I hear you're blackmailing him I will give him permission to cook your familiar!"

Kirche reeled back in mock surprise.

"Blackmail?! My whatever would make you think that? I would never do that to my darling."

"Not your anything. His name is Damien and he's already chosen me." Louise said with her arms crossed. She then looked to Siesta. "Of if he wants to Siesta here can also be with him too, but that's all I'm going to allow... And anyway."

Louise looked serious.

"He told me about his world when we talked about this. They don't have the same customs as we do. One man with more than one woman to him doesn't feel right. If he doesn't want that, we will not force him." She said firmly.

"I see. I understand. I won't do anything about this new discovery, but I can't promise I won't ever bring it up."

Kirche then left without another word.

"... I don't trust her to not tell so many others." She looked to Siesta. "If she tells the school, tell Damien I gave him permission to kill her lizard."

Siesta nodded having no issue with that.

"Consider it done.... So.... Are we-"

"Yes we're going to listen to keep of his singing."

They went off to go do just that.

____________________________________________

And that's this part done. I'm going back to my undertale/deltarune phase again. Don't worry, I'm not crazy like the fandom and I won't set an airstrike on your address for things like calling the main character a girl or a boy.

Anyway, enough of the autistic Underrune spew. Imma head out. Peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109 9 10
A supreme being was summoned by a Little Girl. A man who was once human turned into an emotionless Conqueror. Will he Regain his senses? Will he lear...
9K 159 18
People from class 1-A has been sucked into the universe of low and behold Paris where the two known Ladybug and Chat Noir are. Let's see how well the...
329K 12.5K 56
he didn't know he was looking for love. she didn't know vampires were real. is it fate, or something else entirely?
769 77 58
Fifteen years ago, an enigmatic explosion shook the small Oregon town of Dorena, instigating global shock and an intriguing mystery as the door opene...