Way Back Home

By ReveOnceLink

Lalisa Manoban, a renowned member of the K-pop sensation BLACKPINK, finds herself stranded at the airport, ab... More

A day to remember

528 39 46
By ReveOnceLink

A bad morning.

That was what I had today. 

I couldn't stand the day. I felt every inch of me frustrated, yet I had to do what had to be done. It was inevitable.

Walking to my office, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out and my eyes widened as I read the message from the notification bar.

Boss: The meeting is in 10 mins. Hurry up.

And I was still 30 minutes away from work. The only thing I could do best was to hail a cab, but I didn't have any chance of it so I decided to run.

As well as try rather than cry over the bad.

I ran as my eyes were trained on my phone, warily. Hoping that the boss doesn't call me this time.

However, it was a bad idea to look at my phone while running because I rammed into someone and fell in an instant.

"Damn it!" I heard the voice of the stranger that I just knocked on and turned around to look.

It was a woman. I picked myself up and inched near the stranger to help her. I rested my hand on her shoulder and apologized immediately.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine, "the woman replied.

But, something about her voice clicked inside me.

Her voice.

I had heard it before. Somewhere. It felt too familiar to my ears. I decided to shake off my thoughts for the moment as I helped the woman stand. She was too kind to let me help her. She grunted as she stood up and shook her head lightly.

Her face was covered with a black mask as she wore a Celine cap over her blonde short hair.

For some unknown reason, my heart raced inside. My inner side was urging me to look into that woman's eyes. She looked so similar to someone. Someone I knew all too well.

"Are you really okay? Should I help you to your place-"

"No, it's okay. You don't have to bother, "she said as she shook her hand in dismissal.

I cleared my throat as I stepped back and looked down at my feet. My eyes went to the black shades that were lying near my feet and I picked them up.

YSL. The brand name on the temple read.

"These are some cool shades, "I said as I turned them over in my hand and scanned it thoroughly.

"Thanks. My best friend gifted it to me, "she said and I looked up to respond.

But found myself speechless as I looked into her eyes. And I swore to god, I couldn't be mistaken about them. Ever.

"L-Lisa?" I blurted out but it came more like a croak.

Her eyes widened as she stared at me for a few seconds and then snatched her shades from my hands. She immediately turned around and started to walk away.

I couldn't be wrong. I just knew it in my gut. So, I did what I had to.

I ran behind her and grabbed her arm before she was too far out of reach. She struggled in my grip as she babbled out, "I-I'm not who you think. It's a misunderstanding!"

Misunderstanding?

"Then, why are you running?" I asked and that somehow made her stop altogether.

She turned around and gave me a look of vulnerability. I sighed and closed my eyes before replying, "Look, I'm not gonna hurt you or report you. I'm just... confused. What are you doing out here on the streets, Lisa?"

Lisa looked around and stepped near as she dropped her voice low, saying, "C-Can we talk somewhere... private?"

I stared at her as she gave me her pleading eyes and nodded.

"Come with me."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It might be a lie if I hadn't thought of meeting Lisa in person. But, I didn't imagine it to be like this.

At the moment, Lisa was sitting on my couch as her cap and mask were not in their place anymore. She had a cup of water in her hands as she stared at it, thoughtfully.

"This is insane, "I said my thoughts out loud which made Lisa look up.

"What's insane?"

I folded my arms in front of my chest and said, "All of this. The thing of you getting lost in the airport and now, you sitting in my house. Everything is... insane."

Lisa gave me a blank look for a moment before drinking up her glass of water. She kept the cup on the coffee table in front and then turned herself to fully face me.

I felt my whole body stiffen up at that...

"Hey, relax. Why are you so tense?"

...And apparently, she noticed it.

"It'd be hard for me to relax. I just admire you so much that I'm still pinching myself secretly to see if this is a dream or not, "I said without skipping a beat.

Lisa chuckled at that. She took my hand and caressed it with her thumb, sending goosebumps all over my body.

Her hand is so soft. I thought.

I just stared at her hand with a slightly open mouth as Lisa said, "Sorry if this is too much, but you look so upright. I had to do something."

I shook my head, "No, no, it's fine. Everything's fine. Really. Yeah. Um, yeah. So, um, what were you saying?"

"Before I say anything... Can I know your name?" Lisa asked and I looked up with an embarrassed look.

"O-Oh, right. Yeah, I'm Y/N L/N. A sales employee, "I introduced myself.

Lisa stifled another laugh as she replied, "Lalisa Manoban. I'm a dancer and singer for a living. It's nice to meet you, Y/N."

And then it went quiet for a moment as she and I held eye contact. My heart raced inside like crazy and it was getting hard for me to maintain my composure.

So, I spoke about what came to my mind first.

"What have you decided to do about your way back home?"

Lisa retreated her hand from mine as I exhaled discreetly. She leaned against the couch and hummed along.

"I think I can make a call to my manager, I guess. Then he can arrange everything, "she replied and I stared at her confusingly.

"Then... Why haven't you called yet?" I asked.

"Because I don't have my phone on me, silly, "Lisa said and rolled her eyes at me.

I blushed in self-consciousness. Of course, she would've called if she had her phone with her, you dumbass.

"Right, "I cleared my throat, "Do you want to call him?"

I pulled out my phone from my jeans pocket and presented it to her. Lisa gave it a long-thoughtful gaze and then looked up at me and then at the clock on the wall.

A slow smile graced her lips as she turned her head to look at me again and said, "No."

"What? You don't want to call him? Should I do it for you-"

"No, I mean, I don't want to do it now."

"Then, when?"

"After I enjoy this city a little bit, "Lisa said and I realized that this morning was slowly turning into a good one.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Currently, Lisa and I were walking through the crowd while eating cotton candies.

"Now I can feel my energy getting back, "Lisa said as she licked up the last bits of cotton candy from the wooden stick.

"I didn't know you liked cotton candy, "I said and Lisa shrugged.

"There are many things about me that everyone doesn't know. Lucky you, I guess?" she said.

I laughed and nodded my head in agreement. "Lucky me, I guess."

After a few minutes of walking, Lisa stopped outside an arcade, the windows were plastered with posters for games such as bowling, air hockey, and laser tag. She faced me and gave me a 'Can we do this?' gesture.

I nodded silently and was immediately dragged in by her.

Lisa immediately went over to the bowling alley. We both traded our shoes for some bowling ones and made our way to the lane.

"It's been so long since I went bowling, "Lisa said as she picked up the bowl, weighing it in her hand.

"Really? I came here just last week with my friends, "I said as I gave her a look of challenge.

She smirked and said, "But, I haven't forgotten how to play and most importantly win."

I snickered, saying, "Yeah, sure, Lisa. All the Blinks know about your winning parody."

Lisa's eyes widened for a moment and I took this as my chance to throw the ball first.

"Knock out! That's how you play it!" I jumped as I saw all the bowling pins lying at the end of the lane.

Lisa stared at the pins with a gaping mouth and muttered, "No way..."

"Yes, way. Now show me what you got, Lisa, "I said knowing a smug smile was there on my face.

At last, it ended with me winning all the rounds.

"That's not even fair! You cheated!" Lisa whined as she looked away from me in disbelief.

I raised my eyebrows, asking, "How can one even cheat in bowling, Lisa?"

"I don't know, but you did!" She said and let out a small hmph sound.

Cute.

Wait, no-

"Let's do something else, "Lisa said even before I had my chance to settle my thoughts.

She dragged me towards the air hockey and said, "What about this one?"

"I was the Captain of the field hockey team in my school, "I said and Lisa side-eyed me before inserting the quarters that I gave her earlier.

"Let's see Captain how much you remember."

And I just know how Lisa regretted saying that because I won, again.

"I hate you, "Lisa said as she stared at the scoreboard.

"I told you. I was the captain-"

But, Lisa stormed off before I could complete my sentence. I ran up to follow her pace. She looked a little pissed, or maybe more.

I decided not to call out her name in public and rushed up to follow her. But, the sweet smell of something stopped me and I turned around to see a dessert shop just a few meters away.

I looked at Lisa and then back at the shop and jogged to the shop.

"What would you like to have, ma'am?" the man on the counter asked as I stood in front of it.

I gazed at the sweets on the menu and said, "Crème Brûlée. Make it two."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

I sat beside Lisa on the bench she chose. She was staring at the evening sky, looking ever so peaceful at the moment. I cleared my throat as she woke up from her trance and looked at me.

"I'm sorry. This is for you, "I said as I gave her a Crème Brûlée.

She took it and then gave me a look, asking, "What are you sorry for?"

"I- You took off of the arcade after I won, so I thought you were mad-"

"Thank you, "she said, interrupting me.

"Huh?" I questioned, perplexed.

"Thank you for this and the day. I enjoyed it, Y/N, "Lisa said, her voice mellow. She looked down at the dessert in her hand and sighed with what seemed contentment.

"I haven't enjoyed this much lately, you know. Comeback, fans, agency, rules, and whatnot I have to follow. Sometimes, it all drains me out. I forgot how to breathe for myself, for me. It was exhausting to be the upright idol and the Lisa they know me, but I still have a life, a life that I forgot to enjoy, "she said and gave me a smile that had my heart fluttering inside.

"I'm grateful to have met you today. Truly, I'll never forget this day."

Me too.

I averted my eyes away from her and gulped in heavily. A piece of me wanted to be selfish but the realization hit me like a truck.

She will be going back.

I took out my phone and stared at it for a few moments and then passed it to her, saying, "Here."

Lisa hesitantly took the phone and dialed the number of her manager. I watched as her thumb hovered over the call button, but it never clicked. I looked up and saw her staring at me with melancholy eyes.

Her damn beautiful eyes.

"Lisa?"I said, my voice quiet like a whisper.

"I won't forget you, Y/N, "she said and my heart clenched.

"Same, Lisa..." I sighed with tears stinging my eyes, "Same."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 203 200
So here's part 6... enjoy. Don't forget to check out pt.1-pt.5. Current Rankings: #1 in kpopwallpapers #20 in kep1er
2.1K 75 8
In the dimly lit room, Chaeyoung leaned against a mahogany desk, her piercing gaze locked onto Y/N. "You know, Y/N, they call me the Ice Queen of the...
60.2K 1.8K 24
rosie:y/n why can't you like me back?!....i did anything to prove you that i really love you......
496K 18K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...