Our year | Eddie Munson

By avengerwzrs

Aura, after losing her parents she moves to Hawkins to live with her uncle Hopper. Thinking she can continue... More

Guess who's back..
π•šπ•Ÿπ•₯𝕣𝕠𝕕𝕦𝕔π•₯π•šπ• π•Ÿ
π• π•Ÿπ•– π•€π• π•Ÿπ•˜
π•₯π•™π•šπ•€ π•šπ•€ π•žπ•ͺ π•ͺ𝕖𝕒𝕣
π•ͺ𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 π•Ÿπ• π•₯ 𝕨𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•š π•₯π•™π• π•¦π•˜π•™π•₯ π•ͺ𝕠𝕦'𝕕 𝕓𝕖 π•π•šπ•œπ•–
𝕑𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕖𝕗𝕦𝕝 π•“π•π•šπ•€π•€, 𝕛𝕦𝕀π•₯ π•žπ• π•žπ•–π•Ÿπ•₯𝕀 𝕒𝕨𝕒π•ͺ
π•’π•ž π•š π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π••π•šπ•£π•₯π•ͺ π•π•šπ•₯π•₯𝕝𝕖 𝕀𝕖𝕔𝕣𝕖π•₯ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ?
π•§π•–π•”π•Ÿπ•’'𝕀 𝕔𝕦𝕣𝕀𝕖
π•€π• π•žπ•–π• π•Ÿπ•–'𝕀 π•—π•’π•π•π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ 𝕗𝕠𝕣 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•—π•£π•–π•’π•œ
π•–π•Ÿπ••π•π•–π•€π•€ 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖
π•šπ•— π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕖π•₯ π•˜π• , 𝕛𝕦𝕀π•₯ π•€π•¦π•£π•£π•–π•Ÿπ••π•–π•£
π•ͺ𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕, 𝕒𝕦𝕣𝕒 𝕙𝕠𝕑𝕑𝕖𝕣
π••π• π•Ÿ'π•₯ 𝕀𝕒π•ͺ 𝕀 π••π•šπ••π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•¨π•’π•£π•Ÿ π•ͺ𝕠𝕦
π•–π•‘π•šπ•π• π•˜π•¦π•–

π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•—π•šπ•Ÿπ•’π• π•”π• π•¦π•Ÿπ•₯π••π• π•¨π•Ÿ

1.3K 38 33
By avengerwzrs

Nancy puts her hands on her hips turning around. As they are all gathered around at the back of the van.

"Alright let's run through the plan one more time"

They had just dropped off Lucas, Erica and Max at the Creel house before darkness fell, Aura's mind was still on Max, pretty much zoned out of the conversation. Her eyes would trace to Eddie from time to time, seeing him in that bandana and green jacket, exactly how Vecna presented Eddie to her, it was like deja vu all over again and she was mentally freaking out.

"Phase one.." Nancy prompted.

"We meet Erica at the playground, she'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready"

Robin states.

"Phase two.." Nancy looks at Steve.

"Max baits Vecna.."

He says quietly feeling sick as he looks down.

"He'll go after her and it will put him in a trance.."

"Phase three?"

She looks up at Eddie, Dustin and Aura. Dustin speaks up.

"Me, Eddie and Aura will draw the bats away"

Dustin gestured, Eddie takes a step forward smiling down at Dustin as he ruffles his hair, Aura folds her arms smiling as she nods in agreement.

"Phase four.."

Nancy trails..

"We head into Vecna's bat free lair and- flambe"

Robin finishes off her sentence while rattling the bottle she had in her hand. Nancy nods.

"Nobody moves onto the next phrase until we all copy and nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what, got it?"

She asks tracing her eyes to everyone.

"Got it"

Everyone says in sync as they all get ready to exit the van. They all head over walking to Eddie's trailer, the moon shining down on them and breeze slightly hitting their faces. They all get into the trailer looking at the handmade rope, Steve makes his move towards it first.

"Be careful!"

Dustin warns.

"Thanks buddy"

Steve responds putting his hand on his shoulder before grabbing the rope, he pulls himself up making his way up to the gate and falls through landing on his feet. He looks around before looking up through the gate peering at Nancy and Robin, they could tell Steve was proud of his little superhero land.

Steve then drags the upside down mattress in the centre so everyone can have a safe landing. Robin gets down on her knees, holding her hands out to give Nancy a boost up. After Nancy, Aura was up next, Robin helping her too. Then Robin went next followed by Eddie then Dustin. They all took their weapons and exits the trailer, before they even began walking, Steve turns around specifically telling Eddie, Dustin and Aura because he won't be with them.

"Hey guys listen, if things here start to go south I mean at all, you abort okay?"

He waited for their nods before continuing.

"Don't try to be cute or be a hero or anything"

Eddie scoffs looking over at Dustin.

"Us heroes?"

He traces his eyes back to Steve.

"Look at us, we're not heroes"

Steve stares at them before tracing his eyes to Aura, she gives him a reassuring smile before nodding, he nods back before Nancy, Robin and Steve part ways. After a while Eddie began drilling the metal over the windows as Dustin and Aura did some work around to make sure the trailer was secure and safe, making sure there was no openings for the bats to go through. Once they all pieced everything together, the three of the step back looking at their wonderful work of art. Aura standing between them.

"Not bad.."

Eddie says proudly looking over at Aura. Aura smiles at him before looking over at Dustin.

"Not bad at all.."

Dustin says back. Eddie grins and grabs Aura's hand caressing it softly.

"Now for the fun part..."

Aura grips his hand nodding as he leads her inside, Dustin staring at their hand holding cringing to himself before he follows them in. They walk into the trailer Eddie slams open the door the three of them walking in as they stare at the guitar on the wall.

"Jesus christ- it's like.."

He walks towards it.

"It's like she was destined for an alternate dimension"

He picks up his guitar, holding it up in the air.

"What do you say guys? Are you ready for the most metal concert in the history of the world?"

He turns around grinning at Dustin and Aura, they both look at each other.

"I mean shit Aura, the question is are you ready because metal is not your thing"

Aura grins before looking at Eddie.

"No I'm a changed woman, I'm ready!"

She knew she was ready to cheer him on and watch him play. She was excited to see what he was going to play.

"Let's do this"

Eddie says excitedly. They all climbed to the roof of the trailer, taking Eddie's band gear up with them, while Dustin sets everything up, Eddie pulls Aura to one side, he makes her stand in front of him hand in hand.

"Aura.."

He was just terrified of losing her and Aura sensed this, she squeezes his hands extra tight.

"Eddie we are going to be okay, the plan is going to work and we are all going to get out of here, now come on baby, show me what you got"

Eddie couldn't help but smile as he leans in giving her a soft kiss before whispering.

"It's the final countdown.."

Aura nods in agreement.

"Yes.. yes it is.."

He lets go of her hands taking a deep breath, Dustin plugs in the amp, static cracking through the air, she walks over to Dustin squatting besides him as Eddie picks up his guitar. Aura cracks the volume up, Eddie rips his necklace off, the pick in his hand and his fingers ready to play.

"Chrissy, this is for you.."

He began to play the song Master of Puppets by Metallica. The chords booming throughout the whole of the upside down, his fingers moving so fast she was shocked how well he was playing. Even if she wasn't a fan of metal seeing him play like this she was truly watching him in awe, she was so in love and in love with everything he would do, including watching him in pride and joy playing something he was familiar with, right down his field, it made her so happy and warm inside. It didn't take long for the bats to start shrieking from distance, they were coming closer and closer.

"It's working!"

Dustin shouts at Eddie. Aura looks back at the creatures as they fly towards them, the lightning and thundering getting louder and brighter.

"Eddie we've got thirty seconds to be exact!"

Dustin shouts again, Eddie nods continuing to play while his eyes were on the bats.

"They are getting closer!!"

Aura shouts, Dustin and Aura both stand up now. Eddie finishes with an impressive solo before the three of them jump down, standing their ground as the bats swopped down on them. They rush to the front of the trailer, running in and closes the gate behind them trapping the bats outside.

"Shit.."

Eddie mutters out of breath as they walk through the trailer.

"Dude.. most.. metal.. ever!!"

The boys were jumping up and down like little kids screaming with joy as they hug at the same time as Aura watches them laughing a little. Once they pull away Aura grins walking up to Eddie and traces her fingertips along his jawline before placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

"I'm so proud of you, you were amazing.."

Eddie grins having no time to react the bats were pounding on the roof from outside trying to get in, they all grab their weapons, standing back to back, the three of them spinning slowly in a circle with their eyes focused on the directions the bats were trying to get in from. The screeching suddenly stops as Dustin yells.

"Hey dip shits!! Give up that easy huh?!!"

Aura looks back at Dustin in panic as Eddie hushes him.

"What are you doing?! Motivating them to kill us?!"

"Yeah not necessary dude.."

Eddie adds. They heard loud footsteps coming from above, and when they look up they saw small dents beginning to form. With their spears and shields ready to attack they quickly follow the dent, Eddie pushes Aura back just a little so she stays behind. Aura looks up noticing a small vent as she nervously chuckles.

"They cant.. they cant fit through that right?"

Not long after that hole was covered by a couple of the ugly bat's faces, shrieking as they try to make their way in. Eddie and Dustin scream in sync as they start stabbing their faces with the spears until they died, but if one was poked it would back away and just be replaced with another. Aura looks around and picks up the extra shield they had as she picks it up and runs towards them.

"Guys out of the way!!"

They step back as Aura slams it into the ceiling covering the vent. Eddie and Dustin breathe heavily as they praise her.

"Are there any other vents?"

Aura asks looking around. Eddie curses as he runs into another room, Dustin and Aura follow him, just when he opens the bedroom door a swarm of bats broke through the vent flying and shrieking around the room. They all start cursing before running out of the room as Eddie slams the door shut.

"It's not gonna hold, we need to go!!"

Dustin screams as they run backwards to the handmade rope keeping their eyes on the door whilst Eddie has his shield up in front of him ready to attack if they do go towards them. Aura helps Dustin to climb up first, Dustin climbs up and falls through landing on the other side. Aura turns to Eddie.

"Eddie come on!"

Eddie breathes deeply as he turns around looking at her.

"You go next!!"

Aura turns around as she grips the rope, but before she could even climb memories came flooding back. She could practically hear those words Vecna was telling her all over again.

"Look at me Aura, this is all because of you. I sacrificed myself for you, you know?"

Seeing Eddie all bitten, it was all from the bats. She lets go of the rope as Dustin screams from the other side.

"HURRY UP!! GUYS COME ON!!"

Eddie turns to Aura.

"Eddie you first.."

She runs to him and practically takes his weapons off him.

"Aura no, I'm not leaving you behind. You first"

The banging on the door got louder and louder.

"GUYS COME ON!!"

Dustin screams.

"Eddie please.."

She begs him, he nods slowly not wasting anymore time, he didn't want too because part of him wanted to stay behind, he didn't want to run away, he wanted to stand his ground and fight but when Aura was pressuring him to climb up he felt obligated to listen to her.

Eddie climbs on the rope until he falls onto the other side. Aura looks up at them, Eddie stands up and stares back at her.

"Come on Aura! Climb!"

She just stands there, giving him a soft smile tears almost filling her eyes. This was her plan all along. To trick him to go first so she could cut the rope, this way they don't have access to come back down and she could be the bait in the upside down just as Max was in the real world. Eddie's heart dropped when she uses the spear to cut the rope.

"W-what Aura! Aura what are you doing!?!"

Eddie screams at her in panic.

"Making sure nothing happens to you Ed, this is my war. I'm the bait, it should be me not you"

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!"

Dustin screams on the other end, they wouldn't understand even if she did have time to explain the visuals Vecna has been showing her. She takes a deep breath holding her weapons tightly before giving Eddie one last glance it would hurt to say anything else so she just runs away.

Eddie and Dustin were screaming from the other side begging her to come back. Eddie begins to sob tracing up and down.

"I need to go back, Dustin I need to go back!"

He looks around trying to find a way to climb back up, he paces around his trailer trying to find stuff to put together to make it high enough for him to jump up so he can get through. Dustin helps him. There was no way they were going to leave her behind.

Aura runs outside, she ran as fast as she could, the bats following her. She eventually stopped running holding her weapons up as the bats were flying all around her, thousands and thousands.

"You're too late Aura..."

She hears Vecna's voice as the thundering and lightening get louder and brighter. She was confused what he meant by that, but then she instantly thought of Max. Her whole body gave up on her, tears filled her eyes. Did this mean he won? He took Max too and he won? All this was it all for nothing? The bats now surrounding her started to bite her one by one, she screams in pain falling to her knees eventually landing on her back.

After a while Eddie landed back in the upside first , without thinking twice he sprints out of the trailer and he just runs, praying she was okay ,he just kept running and running until he could see the bats slowly falling dead one by one, he's not sure what happened and why thousands of bats just dropped dead. When his view was more clearer he noticed Aura laying there on the ground.

"NO!!"

He screams running towards her. He falls to her side his eyes frantically scanning her. She was laying there choking on her own blood, her eyes up at the sky, bitten everywhere. He began to cry as he slowly helps raise her head to stop her choking. Now the blood was dripping from her mouth.

"Come on baby we need to go.. we need to.. hospital we need the hospital"

Just when he was going to lift her up she winces shaking her head.

"Give me.. please.. give me a moment"

He could tell she was giving up on her body which made him cry even harder. He slowly sits down on the floor respecting her wishes, holding her in his arms.

"Is it.. is it bad?"

She stutters out. He instantly shook his head, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"No- no Dustin is gonna come and we're gonna lift you up and take you to the hospital okay?"

Aura nods slowly trying to catch her breath as tears roll down her cheeks, her gaze slowly moves to his as she glances up at him with a small smile on her face. Eddie moves his hand to her cheek.

"Why Aura.. why didn't you climb the damn rope?!"

He snaps at her. She just glances at him, stuttering trying to breathe and speak at the same time which was becoming hard for her.

"B-Because.. then yo-you wouldn't.."

He looks at her confused as Dustin screams Aura's name in the background, running towards them.

"Look Dustin is coming, we're going to get you out of here baby.. hold on.."

Aura closes her eyes for a brief moment.

"Ed.."

He looks down at her as she slowly opens her eyes looking up at him.

"You're going to have your name cleared.. and you're going to graduate.. you can.. you can even tribute a song for me at one of your concerts.. just- just live for me.. promise me.."

Eddie shakes his head his voice trembling.

"No because you're going to live with me.. Aura I can't imagine life without you.."

Aura murmured weakly.

"Promise me.."

Dustin falls to his knees on the other side of her as he begins to cry.

"No Aura no.."

Eddie sobs forcing out his words.

"I promise.."

She smiles in relief hearing that promise was everything she needed to hear knowing he was going to be just fine, he slowly takes her hand giving it a squeeze choking out a sob.

"I love you, Aura Hopper"

She weakly squeezes it back.

"I love you, Eddie Munson"

He tried to remain strong for her even though inside he was falling apart. This isn't how he planned on telling her he loved her, he wanted to get out of this mess and take her out on a date and tell her properly. But even he knew, happy endings like that just don't exist sometimes. Aura turns her head slightly to Dustin and flashes him a weak smile.

"You're a superstar.. Henderson.. look- after him okay?"

Dustin breaks down into tears as he shakes his head in disbelief that she was dying. Eddie could feel Aura growing weaker in his arms she slowly closes her eyes to rest them but once they were close they didn't open again. The light squeeze he felt when she was holding his hand now turned to nothing, she lets go of his hand, her hand falling to the ground, she just didn't move anymore. She just let herself go. Eddie looks down at her shaking her body.

"Aura.. Aura come on sweetheart open your eyes.. baby open your eyes-"

Dustin looks up as he sniffles.

"Ed, she's gone.."

His head falls down as he breaks down into tears, holding her close to his chest sobbing snd screaming in pain, it was in this moment a piece of him had left with her. He didn't want to let go of her body, he couldn't leave her there. The earthquake started happening again, what looked like to them the upside down was falling apart.

"Ed we need to go"

Dustin stands up, Eddie still attached to Aura's body sobbing. It pained Dustin to see him this way, he slowly grabs Eddie ripping him away from Aura it was the only way for him to come back to reality and to realise what was happening around them. Eddie quickly takes his necklace with his special pick on it and puts it around her neck, he leans down kissing her forehead as a goodbye, painfully leaving her to run back to the real world.

✰ To be continued ✰

✨ maybe ✨
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

A/N

Uh- so yeah don't hate me but that happened. Listen I can't do the whole Eddie dying thing again so I had to switch it up a little bit. The next chapter will be the LAST chapter. (Even though I'm debating if I should leave the story here or just write one last chapter)

I'm sorry besties but I promise you will have some closure in the next chapter I won't just leave it like this, unless you don't mind? Let me know.

Even though I haven't wrote the last chapter yet I know how I want it to end. I hope y'all enjoyed this book, I certainly enjoyed writing it. ❤️

Make sure you vote for the chapters and leave some comments to boost the book up to other readers! Thank you all for tuning in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

828K 23.1K 80
(Y/N) just moved into Hawkins for her senior year of high school and already she's being shown the ropes. After running into Eddie "The Freak" Munson...
1.9K 263 9
Kai moved from Chicago, Illinois to Hawkins, Indiana a little over two years ago. She just graduated from high school with her boyfriend of two years...
142 14 8
It's your senior year of high school in your new town of Hawkins. You have visited on multiple occasions finding the town quiet and peaceful so you'r...
8.8K 151 24
You live in Hawkins obviously you are apart of what happens you go to Hawkins high during your Senior year you meet Eddie Munson you are a year apart...