My King's Bet

By Creationsinbooks

It all started with a bet... From strangers to lovers. Friends to enemies... Follow this journey and get cap... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 11

4 3 1
By Creationsinbooks

Sabastian's POV
The sun's still blazing. The skies are clear but the car should be here in a few minutes. I need to think of a way to word it to my boss that my book has been rejected. I know deep down John was right. I wish I had a chance to hear James's perspective of my book but either way John had it nailed. Ever since I lost my ex-wife my books haven't been the same. I need to get it together before I lose my job
Perhaps meeting Chris could be a sign of him being my next muse. I mean is it ridiculous that I think I love him despite it only being a few days?

I looked at Chris and seeing his dark eyes glisten in the sun with hair as blond as the sunlight made me think that no bad news can distract me from him. I remember my first thoughts of him the morning we first woke up and I remember saying how he made me feel inferior when he was sober but by night he was weak. My whole perspective flipped on this although he's confident when he needs to be comparing it back to everything I love him even more now.

"Are you okay Sabastian? How's your head?" He said this stepping into me with one hand in his pocket and the other on my forehead. "I'm good Chris much better thanks to you're help. Thankyou". Chris grinned and said "Anytime sir". The man definitely likes calling me sir as much as I admire it I did just say the bedroom but as he adds it cheekily always makes me smile.

The car arrived. I told Chris to tell the driver where he lives and he will comply with it. I mean if the driver doesn't he's fired.

I opened the door and Chris hopped into the back after speaking to the driver I followed him in shortly and closed the door. The heat in this car is radiating from everything we touched. It feels as though we just stepped into an oven. "I'm sorry Chris this car is very hot". He smiled and said, "he doesn't mind". I can see his face begin to go red though so I tapped the driver and asked him to please put the fan on. After this, I pressed the button to put up a separator again between us and the driver.

Chris smiled and leaned on me looking through the window. I rested my head against his. No words needed to be spoken the heat was exhausting but our emotions did the talking for us.

The car came to a halt. I can only presume we're here. Chris sat up and gazed through the window and said this was it. The driver got out of the car and opened the door. I got out and Chris followed me and we both thanked the driver. He got back into the car and I gave him a tip just before this.

The street we're on is full of houses. They looked small and clumped together but I liked it since it seems like a neighbourly area. "I know this street isn't much but it's home. Do you see the house on the corner. That's mine". Oh, a great corner house it's semi-detached. Chris seems very insecure about this place but I'm glad he's chosen to show me it. I wouldn't mind living here myself. "Chris this place is everything. That's your home and I'd even call this place home too. I mean it looks like a place where you can socialise this is one thing my place lacks". Chris smiled and asked me to follow him.

Chris lead me to his house and opened the door...

Chris's POV
When I opened the door I allowed Sabastian to go inside first. I'm terrified deep down he's judging me but every bit of him looks as if he's excited to explore a new habitat a place he's never been before. I'm glad to hear his sweet words but I'm still in fear. I feel like I just invited a prince into a dumpster but the words he said to me earlier shed new light on that.

I followed Sabastian inside and he headed straight into the living room. My house starts with the hallway which has the living room on the right and the kitchen straight ahead. There are stairs on the left side which lead to my room and bathroom. Every room is a square box room. I know it's not huge but it does the job for me. I went into the living room and placed my keys on the table in the centre of the room. Sabastian sat down on the couch looking around my decor.

"Chris you sure can decorate. This place is cosy. I like your cream walls and grey carpets. The pictures look beautiful. You should give me some tips". He smirked as he said this. I looked at the time and I realised we skipped dinner. I have to say that breakfast did do me all day. I am a little hungry though. It's only 4:30 pm. Time's gone fast today considering we just went to his workplace but we didn't exactly get up early.

"Sabastian are you hungry? I'm thinking of cooking the pizza I know it's early bu-" he cut into what I was saying and said, "I'm starving". I smiled and said, "okay I'll go put the pizza in". I headed to the kitchen and began to cook. I don't know what Sabastian's up to but he seems comfy here which is a relief.

Sabastian's POV
This place is nice. I don't see why he was afraid to show me. I could stay here every day. I'm glad he decided to cook some food the heat is ruining my hunger one minute I'm starving and the next I'm ready for hibernation. Pizza though sounds delicious.

I watched as Chris headed into the kitchen. I noticed he had a few sketchbooks lying around. I'm not going to look into them I'd rather he shows me them himself so I didn't do anything without him knowing. One thing I am interested in is his upstairs. I'd love to see his room. I watched as Chris was getting a pizza dish he seemed distracted enough for me to sneak up there. I walked through his door and headed to the left up the stairs. His room was on the left and the bathroom was straight ahead.

I managed to reach his room. I opened up his bedroom door and noticed he had a few things lying around. I didn't care about that the thing that caught my eye the most was in the corner he had an artist corner let's say. I mean he had a desk with books on one side and an art case on the other. The man calls me organised but this desk puts my wardrobe to shame. I sat down on his bed as his art area was next to his bed. He had a little stool which I avoided.

My rooms plane to his. It's so bold and creative. There are shelves with paint pots and brushes and I can see a camera on the other side of his bed followed by a lamp on his bedside table. I can see his passion for art but as a photographer, one thing I can't see is any pictures of him and his family. I wonder if this is because he keeps his passions a secret to following the family business. It's not my place to judge this so I should just shift my focus. I did this by looking in his wardrobe. I have a thing about clothes but one cute thing I grabbed out of his wardrobe was a painting apron. It had paint on it but it was blue I'd love to see this on him and I tried pressing it against myself. Sadly I'm too tall for it but I'm not giving up...

Chris's POV
The pizza's in the oven. I placed a pizza dish on the side and got out some pizza cutters. I might get some crisps out. This reminds me of a sleepover I did in high school one thing I was missing was some fizzy pop. I grabbed some glasses and filled them with some juice this is all I have in until I get paid. I suddenly heard some noises upstairs...

I went into the living room and Sabastian wasn't there so I made a little dash to the stairs and headed up. I wish he didn't go to my room since it's a mess but yet again I'm happy for him to be exploring.

I reached the top of the stairs and checked the bathroom just in Case. Nope, he's definitely in my room. I took a deep breath and looked through my doorway. Then I started to giggle as I witness him struggling to try my apron on for size. The mans to big for this but it's cute he likes it. "Oh, Chris! I'm sorry I didn't mean t-" ahh the face of innocence... "It's okay! In fact, I think you look a little hot in it. I know what to get your for Christmas now". He smiled and took them off he then placed them on a hanger and hung them back up. I sat down on my bed.

Sabastian then sat next to me. I noticed he started looking in my art corner I'm glad he stumbled onto that. "I've noticed you've seen my little artist habitat. I'm happy you've stumbled onto it because that's our entertainment for this evening". He looks confused. "Chris I can't draw..." I'm going to drag the creativity out of him. "Sabastian, anything can be art. Including you. Which is why your not going to be the artist but the model if I have your consent?" He laughed the first thing he came out with was clothes on or off. Cheeky thing... Good question though.

"Anything your most comfortable being...". He smiled and said "well I'm taking my top off I've been wearing this for ages. I started blushing "that's perfectly fine with me. I'll be wearing the apron". Now that's sorted I want to show him some of my artwork. I mean I don't want to get him half naked for nothing and him thinking I draw stick men. I got up and grabbed my book from my desk and said "here's some of my work. I'll be back in a moment I'm just going to check on the pizza". I did put it on high after all since we are both hungry. I left the room but turned back to see him open up the book. Sadly I didn't see his expression since I was to concerned about the pizza. I made anouther dash down the stairs...

Sabastian's POV
His work...

It's amazing... The shadings were immaculate. Chris could easily have become a professional artist. I think he underestimates his work too much but this is truly brilliant. The fact that he's going to draw me is a gift... Oh yeah, he's going to draw me. I suppose this will help me with my confidence by having him look at me for a while when making the piece... if I get nervous I'll just tell him. I looked more at his pieces and I noticed he did mythical creatures as well such as goblins, mushrooms, dragons, and even Dracula. Oh, wait this book's labelled fantasy sketches. Either way, these are good!

I need to think of a pose. I'm going to be half naked and he likes fantasy... I have an idea.

I then heard Chris coming back up the stairs. "Sabastian! Pizza's ready. I have a thing about eating in my room I was wondering if you don't mind joining me in the kitchen instead". Oh nice, it's manners after all. "Yeah of course! I'll follow you". I placed the book down and followed him downstairs into the kitchen. Chris laid the pizza down on the table and we sat down on the chairs. The table was round but sitting with him in front of me had me thinking of our first date.

I picked up a knife and fork and thanked Chris for the pizza and started to dive in. Chris looked at me as if I broke some kind of law... "Sabastian do you eat pizza with a knife and fork?" My parents would shout at me if I didn't eat like this. "Oh yeah... Chris I just don't want to risk dropping any sauce..." I said this with nerves please say he doesn't suspect anything. "That's a good idea. I'll do the same just as a kid we'd always pick up the pizza. We always said it's the traditional way hehe but I'll try your way especially since I'm in these new clothes you got me". He giggled and got himself the cutlery and sat back down. The traditional way? I really am from a different world...

We continued to eat. I decided to bring up the positions about painting. He smiled and said, "What do I have in mind?" My idea seems cliche but I hope he likes it. "I was thinking of holding a sword up on one leg on top of a dragon. I like your fantasy side and I was wondering if this was a possibility". He looked at me and said "oh it's possible but it's going to take a long time..." I don't mind that. "Chris that doesn't bother me after all I do have all night too..." he smiled.

"Wait does this mean you wish to spend the night?" I ate my last fork full of pizza as I said this. "Yeah of course if you don't mind that is".

Chris's POV
I'm excited but there's only one problem with this. "Sabastian what about work?" He whispered to me squinting his eyes "don't worry about that precious I'll leave in the morning when you go to work. I don't have a set time to be there in the morning as long as it's before 11". Lucky guy.

"Okay, Well I'll get everything set up". I grabbed my plate and put it in the sink and began to turn the tap on. I don't think Sabastian likes this since he grabbed me by my waist and picked me up turning me in the other direction. "I'll wash up precious. It's my turn. You go setup I'll meet you up there". I smiled and said "okay". I ran upstairs in excitement as I heard him turn and giggle towards the sink. This should be a fun night.

Once I got upstairs I ran to my room and got out my sketchbook and pencil case and threw them onto my bed. I next moved towards my desk and grabbed the stool in front of it and placed it at the bottom of my bed. This is so that Sabastian can stand on it with one leg holding his arm up this way it makes it easier for me to position a dragon beneath him. Then I took my shirt and pants off and placed them in my wardrobe. I grabbed the apron and put it on and sat down comfortably on my bed with my back against the bed frame and grabbed my sketchbook and waited for Sabastian. The lighting was a bit off as it was becoming sunset so I turned my lamp on and yet again waited patiently.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hey everyone! This is the end of this chapter I just wish to say thankyou! We've surpassed 10 chapters and I hope you're enjoying the story! I tend to avoid authors' notes since they get annoying intercepting the story.

I'd just like to say if you wish for any improvements please let me know! If you like it please don't be afraid to leave a vote or follow it's deeply appreciated! Don't worry if not as long as you enjoy the story! More is to come and things do begin to in twine in the future! Not everything can be happy... 👀 have a great day/night/evening! Thankyou for your time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 167 28
Ryder Romano. He's a thirteen-year-old werewolf who is next in line to be Alpha. His dad, the current Alpha, gets notified that two new people will b...
151K 5.6K 40
"If you're so sure you're not the guy for me, then why do you keep coming back to me?" "Isn't it obvious?" Chance groaned. "You're too good to give u...
1.2K 61 14
A love story started with an accident. He loved him but didn't know how to tell him. He writes it down in his diary but didn't get the chance to giv...
143K 2.7K 34
[BILLIONAIRE SERIES] [BOOK 1] "Do you want to kiss me?" "No, I want to devour you completely. Every inch of your body and soul belongs to me. Let...