A Journey From Germany

By IAmARandomPersonNow

This is a fanfiction of Anne Blankmans The Prisoner Of Night And Fog and it's sequel The Conspiracy Of Blood... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
My notes for the Fanfic

Chapter 12

10 2 0
By IAmARandomPersonNow

We exchanged our Swiss francs for French francs and got a room. I was shocked at how much money we have left, there wasn't much left. "There would be enough for us to get lunch tomorrow, and the tickets for the ferry" Gretchen said, looking at the money in her purse.

________

I woke up and wrapped my arm around Gretchen's waist and pulled her closer to me. I gave her a kiss on the back and she groaned before speaking "Daniel?" in a tired voice.

"You're awake?" I said, slightly surprised that she was awake due to the train ride and getting here three in the morning. Gretchen sat up and looked at the clock
"Only 6?" She said shocked. I was taken aback since she was in day clothes, not including her coat, not her nightdress. But we went to bed in day clothes, although I took my over coat off, so I slept in my undershirt and my trousers.

She grabbed some clothes and got changed in the bathroom. She came out in a navy woollen dress before. It went down to her knees, she also wore boots I've also never seen before. Gretchen gave me a look "What?" I asked.
"What's with that look?" She asked "Do I look bad?" She said slightly panicked
I laughed "No, you look beautiful" I said, giving her a grin. I went over to her and wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me "I've just never seen you wear these before; it looks beautiful on you" I said, pressing my lips to hers. Gretchen placed her hands on my shoulders, pulling me lower to meet her level, deepening the kiss.

I pulled back slightly, looking into Gretchen's deep navy blue eyes; they were like a deep ocean. "I'll go out to find something to eat for breakfast, or do you want to go out at 8?" She asked.
"We should go at 8" I said, hating the idea of her walking around by herself in a place which we've never been. I was aware that it was rather over protective; much like I am with my little sisters, only in a more brotherly way.

Gretchen's voice snapped me out of my thoughts "you should get changed into new clothes, I'm sure it would be most comfortable" Gretchen said. I nodded and grabbed the suit case.

Once I got ready, she started to read and sat against my chest. I was reading from over her shoulders. After two hours, Gretchen looked up and saw that it was time to go "Oh, it's 8" she said, straightening up.
I got up and we went out to a small café and had a small breakfast. Gretchen looked in her pocket and saw she only had a few French francs left after buying tickets for a train at Portsmouth to get to Oxford, and the ferry tickets.

We returned to the inn room "We are getting low on money" She said once we sat on the bed. She sighed and laid down on the bed and I laid down next to her, laying my head on her chest, taken by surprise at my actions. I didn't really know what to do; I stayed still "Gretchen?" I said "May I ask how you know how to pick locks? I understand if you don't want to talk about it" I muttered, understanding that she might have done something in her past.

She let out a heavy sigh, her chest raising as she breathed in, and falling as she breathed out "I guess it's only natural for you want to know, after all, it isn't an everyday skill" She sighed "I'm sure you are aware that Germany has a bad economy, but it's improving. Anyway, my father was a shoe maker, working for a company, therefore, we didn't earn lot's of money, and my mother didn't work at the time. I lived in a small two bedroom apartment" She explained, taking in a shaking breath "You could imagine that there were days my family and I went to bed hungry, especially in winter...." Her voice cracking at end. I let her regain her composer "During winter our apartment would have icicles on the walls. Sometimes my father and I would go down to the boiler, we would unlock the door and steal some coal to get warm" Her voice completely cracking.

Her chest raising and falling fast, I turned over and saw that she had a few tears going down her face. I reached out and cupped her face "Gretchen, you have nothing to be ashamed about, sure stealing is wrong, but freezing to death isn't right either. You were simply trying survive" I muttered, I leaned forward and kissed her mouth, more passionate than ever before.

Gretchen sat up and wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me closer to her, running her hands though my hair; tugging on it in the process. I almost fell back from the pressure. Gretchen seemed to have realised that I almost fell back since she pulled back "Sorry" She muttered, I chuckled.

I leaned forward wrapping Gretchen up in my arms and rolling onto my back, Gretchen understood this action and had a small smirk. She leaned down started planting kisses on my jaw and slowly going down my neck. I placed my hands on the back of her head, bringing it up back to my lips.

Gretchen had her hands on the side of my face, gripping the sides of my hair. Gretchen lifted her head up to breath a little and I kissed Gretchen's jaw and trailed them down her throat, but I reached the collar of her dress. I went back up and trailed the kisses along her jaw line. Gretchen pushed away a little "We should stop" She said, I nodded in agreement. We sat up and she fixed up her hair than placed her hands on her cheeks to hide the blush. I turned away, feeling heat creeping onto my face.

After a while Gretchen and I got comfortable and reading a book. "Do you know the time the train is leaving for Le Havre?" I asked
"About 9 in the morning" She said after a moments thought. "Unfortunately, we won't have enough money for dinner, and we might not have enough money to get from Portsmouth to Oxford and the tickets for the ferry, just to make sure we have some to spare" She explained, and sighed, I nodded; it was going to be a long day.

After an hour or so Gretchen and I fell asleep, after all, we were sleep deprived.

We woke up early the next morning, Gretchen was still asleep, I gently kissed her temple. I put on a blue coat set.

I looked at the time and saw it was 7:00, I went over to Gretchen "Gretchen; wake up" I said quietly. Gretchen grumbled and slowly woke up.

She glanced up towards the clock and shot up and cursed quietly; I was taken aback, I've never heard her curse before. She rummaged around in her bag and grabbed some clothes before going into the bathroom. She came out shortly after wearing the purple turtleneck she's worn at the Schneider's house. She also wore a white knee length skirt with two dark blue lines near the hem.

Gretchen sat on the bed taking some deep breaths "We leave in two hours, I'm not sure if we leave now, or in an hour, since we don't know how early or late the train could be" She said, taking in some fast breaths. She reached up and rubbed her index and thumb together near her chest before stopping. her face turned pink. I rose an eyebrow. "It's a nervous trait, I play with the tips of my hair, well, did" She said, looking slightly upset at end.
"If you want, we leave in an hour, since it might help with your nerves" I said, kissing her head lightly. Wrapping my arm around her, rubbing her arm lightly.

Gretchen Pov

After an hour Daniel and I went up to the train station. We waited there for an hour before our train arrived. We sat in silence as we entered out compartment, making our way to Le Havre.

After another long 8 hours we got to Le Havre. We looked at the time, it was 5:30pm. Daniel and I shared a look "Do we wait for tomorrow or leave at the next boat?" I asked, Daniel thought for a few seconds. He walked over to the timetable.

"We might be able to leave today, although it's at 6; this means we arrive at about...." Daniel looked down, counting
"11:40pm; it's a 6 hour and 35 minutes. Although, due to time differences, it might be a different time." I said, Daniel looked stunned.
"How did you..?" Daniel trailed

"I have no idea; I might be good at mental math?" I said, completely unsure. Daniel nodded, seeming to understand.

We waited at the docks for the ferry. Once we got on I realised that Daniel didn't look to good.

"Are you ok?" I asked, worried.
"Yeah, I might be a little sea sick, but it's fine" He said, I nodded, somewhat relieved it wasn't his arm. I placed my head on his shoulder, taking in Daniels scent. It was one of this most soothing scents in the world, in my opinion, it's the best scent ever.

After a few hours we finally we saw the land of England "We've been travelling for four hours" I said before covering my mouth to yawn. Daniel chuckled
"We still have half an hour" Daniel sighed, wrapping his arm around my waist.

A/N

Sorry that this is a short chapter, but I still have some writers block, and I'm already coming up with some plots for the second book (yes, I'll be writing one/ want to have more control over the story, limited only to historical events)

Anyway; I hope you have a good rest of your day/night

Co-a/n:
Why is Daniel so hot?! 🥵🥵💅💅

Word count: 1651

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 38.6K 90
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
561K 20.4K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
849K 52K 116
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...