The Last Lotus

By ThickThighsJimin

Being sent back through his past lifetimes to save the person he loves, wasn't something Kyan Wang ever fatho... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter Nine

7 1 0
By ThickThighsJimin

Chapter Nine

Kyan is awoken from a shrill shriek near the entrance to his quarters. He lets out a groan of annoyance as he moves to bury his head back into his silk pillow. He knows who that noise belongs to and really isn't in the mood for her antics this early in the morning already.

"Quit ignoring me!" Song Chin shouts, and Kyan can hear her footsteps making their way across the wooden floorboards of his home.

Kyan doesn't even have a moment to process what is happening before he has a hundred pound body straddling his own as one of the other pillows from his bed is wacking him in the back of the head.

"Would." Smack. "You." Smack. "Get." Smack. "Up." Each word that is spoken is followed by a wack in the back of the head from a pillow.

Kyan lets out another groan at the abuse from his best friend as he moves to push her off of him. "I'm getting up, I'm getting up," he assures her as he moves to take a sitting position on his bed.

Song Chin looks satisfied with herself as she takes a seat beside the male on his bed, patiently waiting for him to rub at his eyes and wake up a bit further. "So, have you heard any news on how our plan went?" She eventually asks the other male, obviously been waiting to ask this same question the whole time she was here.

Kyan lets out a groan at the reminder of the plan that they had made and how it hadn't worked at all in keeping him from having to marry some stranger from another village. Instead, it just made everything else about to become super awkward, since both of his parents now believed that the two of them are madly in love. When that is most-definitely not the case.

"My father came to see me yesterday. He said that regardless of how I felt towards you I had a duty to the family and must still marry a daughter from the Chen village," Kyan explains to the girl, giving her a small shrug as if the words aren't that big of a deal.

Song Chin lets out a loud sigh at the words, obviously disappointed that her plan hadn't worked like she thought it would. "I can't believe the plan failed." She says the words with a pout following them.

Kyan only laughs at the look as he turns to send his friend a teasing smile. "But don't worry you get to stay by my side as my personal maid no matter what," he tells the girl, with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

Song Chin only gasps at the words, moving to grab the pillow she had been assaulting him with again. "I would rather die than become your personal maid," she says dramatically as she threatens him with the pillow.

Kyan only bursts out into laughter as Song Chin only glares at him due to the sound. "Isn't being my personal maid at least better than becoming my wife?" He asks her after he calms down from his hysterics.

Song Chin only chucks the pillow at him, taking in his words. "At least as your wife I would have had a decent position in the village, now I'm not anything more than I have been," she admits to him with a small pout falling across her face.

Kyan only shakes his head at the girl. "I feel like if our plan would have worked out it would have been pretty awkward trying to pull off the 'fools in love' act," he says truthfully.

"It would be like Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games trying to pretend they're star crossed lovers from District 12, until they actually become star crossed lovers."  Kyan thinks to himself. "At least while leaving the last part out that is."

Song Chin sighs at the words, realizing they are most-likely true. Suddenly, she turns to look at him with a look of confusion as she seems to realize something. "Why don't you seem as beat up about this as you did before?" She suddenly interrogates him.

Kyan should have known he couldn't keep his happiness from the day before from Song Chin despite how much he wanted to. He gives her a hesitant look as he debates if he should tell her the truth about his meetings with Shen.

As he takes in Song Chin's form he realizes he can tell her absolutely anything and she would keep it to herself. Just like his best friend Gin back in his own time period. They are so much alike, but yet different in the same sense.

"I met someone," he admits to his best friend, a small blush making its way onto his cheeks as he thinks back to his meeting with Shen.

Song Chin lets out a small squeal, a bright smile spreading across her face at the words. "Tell me all about him!" She demands.

Kyan only shakes his head, looking off into the distance as he thinks of Shen. A goofy smile spreads across his face as he says his next words. "He's perfect. Kind, but has an amazing sense of humor. He listens to everything I tell him not caring if I ramble on about nonsense. I honestly think I'm already falling in love with him," he admits to the girl.

He is actually terrified of saying such words out loud. He was never one to fall in love easily, or even believe in things like falling in love with someone at first sight, or even after being with them for a few days. He always believed that love took weeks, months, or even years to develop, but here he is already falling helplessly in love with someone he just met.

Song Chin smirks at her best friend and she sends him a knowing look. "Is he hot?" She suddenly asks.

Kyan almost chokes at the words. He turns to stare at her with a wide pair of eyes. "What are you talking about?" He asks her, completely taken aback by her abrupt question.

Song Chin only shrugs at the question, seeming unbothered by his response. "Well, I need to know if he's up to my best friend's standards," she tells him.

Kyan shakes his head at the words. "I'm sure he is well up to any standards you believe to have set," he tells her with a small chuckle, finding her antics to be amusing.

Song Chin smiles at the words, reaching out to grip at her best friend's wrist in her excitement. "When can I meet him?!" She suddenly asks, a hopeful look in her eyes.

Kyan lets out a small sigh. "I don't know if that's such a good idea," he tells her, hesitantly. He isn't  really sure what Shen would think of the other girl and definitely doesn't want to mess anything up at the stage they are at.

Song Chin only pouts at his words. "I promise that I'll be completely on my best behavior," she tells him, sending him a thumbs up as if to emphasize the words.

Kyan lets out a small laugh at the words. "I've only known him for two days, but I'll bring the idea up to him this afternoon during our meeting if that would make you feel better?"

Song Chin lets out a small cheer at the words, actually finding that answer to be better than she expected.

Suddenly she realizes something about his next words, however as she turns to give him a confused look. "Tonight is that big dinner with the leader of the Chen village and his daughters, remember?" She asks him with a sad look.

Kyan lets out a groan as he realizes that she is correct. He had totally forgotten about that. It isn't like it is something he's looking forward to, after all. "I should be back in time before that, it starts after the sun sets, right?" He asks her curiously.

Song Chin nods to him. "They aren't meeting until then, but the Chen's should be arriving mid-day. I think your father wanted you to greet them with him upon arrival," she explains to him.

Kyan contemplates the words. So, if he's to greet the Chen's with his father around lunch time. He can use the excuse that he is going to study medicinal plants in the forest and then sneak off to meet up with Shen. Then he can arrive back here before sunset, just in time for the big dinner event. The plan sounded good enough in his head.

"This day sounds like fun," he groans to himself as he dramatically falls back onto his bed. He buries his head into his pillow as Song Chin lets out a loud laugh at his antics.

****

Just as Song Chin had told him, his father expected him to be present when the Chen's arrived at their village.

"You need to give them a good image. Be polite, but yet stoic," his father explains to him as they wait in the first courtyard by the entrance to their mansion.

Kyan only nods at the man's words. Showing him that he understands what he's saying. Anxiety rushes through the male, all of the things he can imagine going wrong at this meeting. Even though he knows most of those thoughts are just him overthinking things.

They stand there for a few more minutes before the bright crimson gates opens up as the guards allow someone in from the other side. Kyan watches as an older male, about the same age as his father with two young women, all dressed in various shades of green, make their entrance into their mansion.

"Chen Cun Zhang," his father greets the man politely, sending him one of those fake business smiles he's often seen on his father back in his own time period's face.

The other man smiles and nods back to the other male of the same rank as himself. "Song Cun Zhang," he greets in the same fashion.

"Thank you for allowing me and my daughters to visit such a lovely estate like yours," the man says, obviously trying to suck up as much as possible to the other man.

Kyan never understood the point of politics. Even here in this ancient world he was thrown into, he doesn't understand the point of such a meeting. Both have one end goal in all of this, joining together in an alliance. Of course sacrificing their children for that alliance, but what's with all of the ass kissing they seem to be doing? Can't they just get to the point of this whole meeting?

Kyan's father's smile only widens at the other man's words. "It's my pleasure," he says simply, before turning his attention towards his son who was one of the main points of their meeting.

"This is my son, Song Yan," he introduces to the other male.

Kyan only smiles and nods politely towards the leader of the Chen village. "Nice to meet you Chen Cun Zhang," he says to the man, learning from all his years as a bartender on how to put up a good act of liking people.

The man in question smiles brightly at the polite greeting. "Likewise, Song Gong Zi." The man then turns to his daughters who are standing behind him.

Kyan finally takes in their demure forms. One seems to be around the same age as himself, while the other looks more around their middle teenage years. Both are dressed in a lime green-colored over robes, a tree pattern embroidered into the silk-like material. Their under skirts are a dark emerald that contrasted well with the other lighter green.

Their hair are both flowing down over their backs and shoulders in a dark curtain. Showing that they are both unmarried.

"These are my daughters," the man goes on to explain. "Chen Changying," he says while motioning to his eldest daughter. "And Chen Lihua," he says as he points towards his opposite daughter.

Both girls send them polite smiles and nods at their introductions. They don't speak any words in a greeting, knowing not to in such a situation. Ancient China was rather sexist in their beliefs and women rarely got a say in things. Much like these two girls as they politely stand there as their father introduces them.

"Well, welcome to our home," Kyan's father goes on to say, smiling towards all three of the Chen's. "I hope that your stay will be rather pleasurable."

***

After the meeting at the gates with the Chen's, Kyan makes quick work of grabbing his book of medicinal plants and heading for the forest. He knows that Shen will already be there waiting for him. He skips along the familiar path as he thinks about seeing the other man again.

It's only been two days but he's grown so attached to the other man it makes absolutely no sense to him. How can someone grow so attached so quickly?

As he grows closer to their meeting spot he notices something long and green slither past him on the forest floor. He lets a shiver roll down his back as he realizes that it must be a snake, but as he looks down to find it again. It's nowhere to be found.

"Thank God," Kyan thinks to himself, not wanting another experience like that time by the lotus pond where he had almost peed his pants in fright.

Shen is sitting underneath the tree that Kyan has been starting to think of as their tree, when the other male arrives. He looks as handsome as usual, his long hair flowing down his back in the same way that is unusual for someone of the time-period. Kyan reminds himself to ask the man about why he wears his hair like that sometime soon.

As he makes his way towards where the other man is sitting underneath the tree, Shen sends him a bright smile. "Nice to see you again, Dai Tou," he greets the other man fondly.

Kyan only returns the smile as he practically gallops the rest of the way to where the other man is sat. Almost tripping over his light blue cloud robes as he goes to take a seat next to the other man.

Shen only lets out a small chuckle at the man's actions. He reaches a hand out to grip a hold of Kyan's waist, keeping him steady as he takes a seat on the forest floor beside him.

"How was your day?" He asks him as he settles in beside him.

Kyan lets a small pout settle onto his face as he thinks about the day he's had. "I had to meet the leader of the Chen village and his daughters at the gates before coming here," he complains to the other man.

Shen lets out a small noise in acknowledgement to the words, sending the other man a sad look. "How did that go?" He asks curiously, knowing that Kyan is upset about the situation.

Kyan lets out a small sigh. "Better than I was expecting, but there's this huge dinner tonight that I am utterly regretting," he complains.

Shen reaches a hand out to take the other man's into his own, threading their fingers together. He knows it is one of the only ways that he can comfort the other with the situation that he is going through. He isn't even quite sure what he would say in words to comfort the man, he's never had to go through a situation like that.

He knows, in the end, all
he needs to do is be there to listen to Kyan vent to him about whatever is bothering him, and give him the comfort he is searching for.

Kyan does vent to him. "The younger out of the two looks only to be about fifteen. Way younger than you and me who are old enough to be married, I'm really hoping they don't match me up with her," he says, then thinks about the words for a second before continuing.

"I'd prefer not to be matched with either, but if I had to choose a child over an adult you can guess which I would choose," he rambles on with.

Shen only smiles at the man's rambling. "If you were able to choose me to be matched with, would you?" He suddenly asks the other man, a small smirk spreading across his face.

Kyan smiles at the words, turning to stare into Shen's gorgeous emerald eyes. Staring into those orbs makes his nerves over the outside world feel so much better.

"Of course I would," he tells the man, not sure if he should blurt out the next thing he wants to say. Was it too soon to say words like that?

Kyan decides to just go ahead and say it. After all, what did he have to lose?

"I just feel so close to you already," he goes on to say, getting nervous at confessing what he is about to, to the other man.

Shen can tell that Kyan suddenly seems nervous all of a sudden. He squeezes the other man's hand gently trying to make him less tense, as he sends him a reassuring smile. "You can tell me anything and I won't get upset, or uncomfortable," he reassures the other man.

Kyan smiles faintly at the other man's words. These are the types of things that have him falling in love with the other man. Hard. Extremely hard and way too fast. Unusually fast.

"I think I'm falling in love with you," Kyan blurts out before he can talk himself out of the confession.

He can't look into Shen's eyes as he waits for a response to the words, not wanting to see the look on the other's face if he rejects him. Shen only smiles at the words, moving the hand that wasn't entwined in the other's, out to tilt the other male's head back towards him. Making him look into his eyes, much like he had during their last meeting.

"Don't ever be afraid that I'm going to throw away your feelings," Shen tells the other male, moving his thumb across the other's cheek in a small caress to show him how much he means the words. "But I also believe I am falling in love with you."

Kyan smiles at the words. Leaning into the fond touch as he stares into the other man's eyes lovingly. Before either of them really knows what's happening their lips are meeting in their second kiss.

This kiss isn't as hesitant as the one they had shared the day before. Instead, it is more passionate as the both of them pour all of their feelings into that one kiss.

Kyan opens his mouth to allow the other man's tongue to slip inside, sharing the most passionate kiss he's ever had with someone before. Neither of them try to fight for dominance, both of them allowing the other to explore their mouth freely.

They pull away after what feels like hours, but in reality is less than a minute, the both of them completely out of breath.

The two of them don't bother with words in that moment, perfectly satisfied with staring into each other's eyes with the biggest smiles spread across their faces. Their hands are still entwined together as they just enjoy the perfect moment between them.

It's a few minutes later before either of them finally says anything. Shen being the one to break the silence. "I don't think anything else in life will ever be enough after kissing you," he confesses to the other. "I would not be satisfied unless you were by my side until I take my final breath."

Kyan smiles at the words, squeezing the other man's hand. He doesn't really know what to say to such intimate words, so instead he just leans back in to give the man another kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

736K 21.6K 58
After the final battle between Major and Minor families, Pete has decided to leave his work under Boss Kinn and move in with Vegas, which who he deep...
45 0 26
Destiny brought two polar opposites together but only chaos ensues. Read on as two estranged lovers uncover their tragic past and heal their hearts t...
635K 35.8K 56
Its journey of two opposite personalities. Will they fall in love or become enemies... Let's see.... *I don't own any characters. This story is pure...
354 4 35
I fell in love with a man I have never met. He doesn't even know that I exist. How is that possible to inherit an obsession with a man I can never ha...