𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚂𝚎𝚛�...

By Benzita13

ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) "𝑈𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒, 𝑤𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑝 �... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CAST
°1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
°27°
°28°
°29°
°30°
°31°
°32°
°33°
°34°
°35°
°36°
°37°
°38°
°39°
°40°
°41°
°42°
°43°
°44 A°
°44 B°
°45°
°46°
°47°
°48°
°49°
°50°

°6°

277 60 22
By Benzita13

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
This wasn't my phone!

Was the first thought that came to my mind the next day, when I had picked up the phone to dial Mandel's number. To check up on her.

The phone looked just like mine, even it's pouch looked fairly similar to mine, but it still wasn't mine.

I was worried. What if someone else took my phone and would never bring it back? What if I've lost my number and everything else in it?

Gosh!

I put the phone back on again. What a gave away the phone's difference from mine was it's home screen, lock screen wallpaper and the fact that there was no crack on the screen.

The wallpaper had light blue and neon glow colours in the background, with various musical notes dancing around it and coming out of an acoustic guitar.

My phone's home screen wallpaper was yellow- filled, and there was a writing on the middle of the wallpaper which said 'I'm strong, I'm unique. It's good to be me!'

This phone didn't even have a password lock or something.

Having nothing to do that morning, I decided to go through the phone. And I swiped up and down, left and right until I finally decided to check out its photos.

The door to my room was pushed open, and in came a sleepy Ifeoluwa. I stood up immediately and pulled him into the room.

"God! Ife, just look at this." I said.

He rubbed his eyes with his hands and let out a yawn as he stretched his arms.

"Wake up! It's ten O'clock. You're too fund of sleeping." I said and shook my head.

He ignored my words and sat on the little stool beside my dresser.

"Anyways, look." I said, showing him the phone. "I took someone else's phone by mistake last night."

"Then where's yours?" He asked, still looking at me sleepily.

"That's the problem." I said frowning. "I don't know who took it."

Ifeoluwa sat on my bed and smiled. "Well, you have a whole year to find it. Good luck!" He said, then stood up and walked out of my room again.

I frowned as I watched him walk out of the room. Then, I laid back on the bed and stared at the phone again.

I unlocked it and decided to go to the phone's gallery, hoping it could help me figure out its owner to enable me return it.

The only things I could see in the gallery were pictures of music instruments, videos of some of the school's events and photos of some kids taken years ago.

Until finally, a particular picture caught my eye. It was a picture of a guy sitting on a chair at the end of a room, he looked isolated and alone as he played his musical instrument, an acoustic guitar. And he looked so happy.

Whoever he was, he must really like music.

He looked oddly familiar though, like I had seen him somewhere.

Yes! He was the guy Mandel had told me was annoying and proud. The one I had seen Ayomide with, and the person I had bumped into on the first day of school.

"The guy that just past us now, don't let his fine face deceive you, he's a very big idiot. He's so annoying and arrogant just cos he's fine."

Those words that I had recalled immediately made me feel disgusted to even hold his phone.

He probably wouldn't be grateful when I return it to him.

If he was the owner.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I stepped into SS3A the following Monday, in search of Mandel. And luckily, I found her– with Amorette, of course.

I walked up to their seat quickly but paused on hearing my name.

"Tammy doesn't deserve you, Mandel. She.. she's irrelevant, useless..." Amorette said.

I furrowed my brows and sashayed towards Mandel's seat. "She.. she's irrelevant, useless." I mimicked, immediately gaining their attention. "Geez, Amorette! You have your entire life to be an idiot, why not take today off."

Her mouth dropped slightly open as she began to fume with anger. Then, she turned to Mandel and pointed at me. "She just insulted me and here you are doing nothing!"

Mandel raised her brows and remained in a calm position. "You've got a mouth, I didn't tell you to not use it." She shrugged.

Amorette looked even more annoyed and then, she turned to me. "I don't need to take a day off cos... "

"Geez! Amorette, my ear's starting to hurt being forced to listen to the trash you're about to let out. Let me know when you're done with that, okay." I said, beaming widely at her. Then, I turned to Mandel and waved at her. "Call me when she's done."

I turned around and sashayed out of the classroom.

Some people couldn't just mind their tongues, I wanted to ask Mandel if she knew the owner of the phone.

I shrugged and walked into my classroom. I immediately spotted Ayomide speaking with a guy who he had suddenly dismissed at that moment, and he went back to drumming on his desk.

"Ayo!" I called as I sashayed to his seat. His face lit up on seeing me.

"How far?" He asked.

"I'm good." I said, standing in front of his desk. "I need to ask you something."

"Go ahead." He smiled, dropping the pens he used in drumming and placing his head on his palms.

I reached for the phone in my bag and brought it out. "Do you know the owner of this?" I asked. "Cos it ain't mine."

He furrowed his brows as he stared at the phone, then, he nodded his head slowly. "It belongs my bro, Aidan." He said.

I raised my brows in confusion. "Who?"

"Aidan. I'm suprised you still don't know him by now." He said.

Remembering the music-themed wallpaper and photos, I had to ask. "Does the Aidan guy like music?"

"Yeah, why?" Ayomide replied and I shrugged. "No reason." Then, I put the phone back into my bag and sashayed to my seat which wasn't too far from Ayomide's.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I had partially spent the entire morning trying to meet this Aidan to return his phone. I simply could've given Ayomide to return it for me but, no. I wanted to meet this guy, the person Mandel had described as a hottie, who might also be the boy in the picture that Mandel had also said was arrogant and annoying. And the guy that was probably music obsessed.

Like Ayomide had told me after the assembly, the school had resumed at full force. There wasn't a single free period or time to return it to the guy in person, and now, it was lunch break.

I pulled Ayomide by the arm just as he was about to leave the classroom. He turned his head to me and raised a brow at me as a smile slowly formed on his face.

I rolled my eyes. "Wierdo." I muttered.

"What's up?" He asked, picking two biscuits from the pack I held in my right hand and tossing it into his mouth.

What the...

"You're eating my biscuit." I said, letting a small smile come to my face as I placed a hand on a side of my waist.

"Yeah." He said, nodding at my words. "It's great!" And with that, he collected two more biscuits and tossed them both into his mouth.

I shook my head, deciding to let it slide. "Where's the guy, Aidan. I want to return his phone." I said.

Ayomide gave a small nod. "Yeah, I can show you, or I could just give him back the phone for you."

"No thanks. I want to meet this guy." I said.

He placed his hand on his chin as if in thought for a brief moment before smiling brightly at me. "Okay then, follow me."

He was about to turn around to walk out the door when he picked up a biscuit from my pack again and began chewing on it. I groaned as I handed him what was left of the biscuits in the pack. "Here, just take it."

His face lit up even more as he happily took it from my hand, and I shook my head as I walked out of the classroom with him.

Minutes later, we walked in through a door and into a large open-air structure that looked similar to a stadium, although it wasn't as large as it.

"What is this place?" I asked in awe.

"The school's sports field or stadium. Which ever you'd like to call it." He smiled as he briefly looked around the place. "You'll get use to it once you come often."

I darted my gaze to him in suprise. "Often ke? I'm not doing anything concerning sports."

He let out a chuckle as he shook his head. "Then you might as well walk into the Principal's office and ask her to give you a weeks suspension".

My eyes widened in suprise, in shock even. "Why?" I asked.

"Sports is compulsory for every student in Diamond High." He smiled.

I groaned loudly as I stomped into the field.

"Oh, there's the guy you're looking for." Ayomide said. Still frowning deeply, I turned around to look at him only to see him already walking away.

I caught up to him just as he began to speak. "There's Aidan." He said, pointing at the bleachers.

I squinted my eyes in an an attempt to see the guy he was pointing at but I saw no one, except the group of girls gathering at a particular area by the bleachers.

"He's in the mist of those girls you see in the bleachers." He said, and my lips formed into an 'O'.

I thanked him as I turned around and I couldn't help but strut towards the crowd. When I had gotten to the bleachers, I gently tapped on the backs of a few girls to let me pass, but seeing as none of them had even noticed my presence I resorted to squeezing myself through the crowd.

I squeezed, pushed, yanked. Anyway I could to move through the crowd until I had finally gotten to the front.

I turned around in frustration, and I was immediately stroken by the guy seated in front of me.

Sure I had seen him before, not so often but I had seen him. I never did really take note of his facial features, but I was seeing it now.

His dark chocolate eyes, thick arched eyebrows and.... He was an eye candy.

He looked even hotter as his Adams apple moved up and down while he gulped down his water, and I carefully watched as little trickled down his lips.

I shook my head in an attempt to snap myself out of my trance.

I was here for something else.

I stood steps towards him as I pushed more girls out of the way until I was standing directly in front of him.

I placed a hand on a side of my waist and raised my brows as I stared at the guy who still busied himself by drinking water while all the girls around me gawked openly at him.

Disgraces!

I snapped a finger at him in annoyance, successfully gaining his attention and he turned his gaze to me as he brought down his drinking bottle, furrowing his brows.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I just came to return your phone. I took it by mistake on Saturday night." I shrugged, reaching for the phone in my bag and bringing it out. "Here."

He stared at the phone for a while, no, scrutinized it before he turned around and reached for something in his pocket.

He brought out a similar-looking phone to his as he turned around and stretched it to me. "Took yours by mistake too."

I furrowed my brows in annoyance. "So if I hadn't come to give this to you, you wouldn't have bothered finding out the owner of mine? I mean, clearly I saved my own number in my contacts. Didn't you check that?"

He stared at me like I was crazy for a brief moment. "Why would I go through someone else's phone in the first place?" He asked in confusion.

My eyes widened slowly, realizing I had done just that. I grabbed my phone from his hand. "Thanks for giving me back my phone." I said, turned around and began walking away from the bleachers and towards Ayomide who was leaning by the door.

--------------------------------------
Tammy and Aidan finally met. It was brief sha, like really brief, but at least they kinda know each other.

Anyhoo, I personally don't think going through some else's phone without their knowledge is nice. Tammy shouldn't have done that.

What's Amorette's beef with Tammy anyways? Geez!

And Ayomide. Poor Tammy didn't eat her biscuit cos of him.

Isn't this, like, the second time Ifeoluwa's waking up from sleep? Or is it just me. Lol.

I'm off now. Bye.
Benzita13 ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 1.4K 10
~ SEQUEL TO TOO MANY BROKEN THINGS ~ The beginning of the new school term is far from anticipated when a number of final year students are planning t...
44.8K 4.2K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me 😉 *There wi...
18.8K 4.8K 36
{A Nigerian Themed Novel😘} "You can't leave cause I have feelings for you!" I scream without thinking. My eyes widen and I draw my hands over my mo...
179K 55.4K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...