The Quincy Brothers | ON HOLD|

By Just_peachy21

Easton Quincy is attractive, mysterious, scary, thoughtless, and most of all dangerous. These are all of the... More

Character Aesthetics
1~ Another Day, Another Fight
2~ Surprise, Surprise
3~ The Wicked Bitch of the West
4~ Parent-Teacher Meeting Without the Parent
6~ Need a Lesson in Apologizing
7~ Birthday Traditions and Suprises
8~ Blast From the Past
9~ I Wish That I Was Eighteen...Not
10~ A Little Party Never Killed Anybody
11~ And So It Begins
12~ To Talk. To Punch. To Listen.
13~ That's What Friends Are For
14~ Show Me All the Scars You Hide
15~ Ashtyn Might Have Some Explaining to Do
16~ Trouble in Paradise
17~ Long Flights, Layovers, and Lies
18~ Life's a Beach
19~ Thanksgiving in Hawaii
20~ So Long, Farewell
21~ Hell of a Conversation
22~ The Game Plan
23~ Day of Dumbass
24~ The Most Horrible Time of the Year

5~ Football Game or Stupid Shit? Same Thing

113 6 1
By Just_peachy21

Tuesday was an experience, to say the least. Nick and Viki came back. Ethan and I got our asses chewed out. I rolled my eyes and didn't care for a single word Nick yelled. I felt bad Ashtyn had to witness it all. I just wanted to leave the whole time.

I walked through the halls with a scowl on my face. Nick and Viki tend to put a damper on my already sour mood. The only time it alleviates is at lunch when I don't have to worry about anything.

"Hey East," Ash said as she sat down in her usual spot across from me.

"Hi, Ash" I greeted as normal.

"You going to the football game tonight?" She asked with a smile on her face.

I immediately shook my head. There was no way in hell that I would go watch Mullins and his goons flab around like idiots on a football field. It was so dumb. "I never go"

She furrowed her brow and pouted. "Why not?" she asked.

"I don't want to watch Mullins get an even bigger head. Besides football is stupid," I took a bite of whatever the school thought was chicken.

"It's not stupid" She argued. "I love watching football. Me and Mase used to go watch games all the time. Come on you need a good high school football game experience. Please go with me?" She begged.

"And you think you can give me the experience of a lifetime?" I asked with a slight tease in my voice.

She nodded.

"Hey Jackass," Ethan greeted as he sat in his normal spot. Erin soon followed behind with her camera bag in hand. It was his first day back after suspension. He spent three glorious days in front of the tv.

"Always a pleasure, Asshole," I smiled at him.

He looked at Erin and looked back over at me. I could tell he was about t ask me something, but I didn't know what to expect.

"Can I go to the football game tonight?" He asked with a worried expression. I knew he was scared I was going to say no.

My jaw almost dropped to the floor. He hates the games almost as much as me. He never wants to go. He hates Mullins.

"You want to go?" I couldn't help but ask.

He nodded. "Yeah. Why not? Everyone goes to the games."

"Yeah, I guess if you want to go you can," I shrugged.

He looked over at Erin and smiled. I looked over at her and realized it wasn't the football game he wanted to watch.

I looked over at Ash who gave me puppy-dog eyes. I furrowed my brows at her.

"What?" I asked slowly, scared of what she was doing.

"Go to the game. Ethan's going and now you have no excuse. Please?" She begged.

She's right I don't have an excuse, but I was never gonna use one. I couldn't resist her puppy-dog eyes. They were extremely convincing.

I sighed in defeat. "Okay. Fine, I'll go, but don't expect me to cheer for them" I grumbled and crossed my arms.

"You're so dramatic" Ash teased.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Whatever"

I couldn't believe I actually agreed to go to a football game. Stupid Ethan, if it wasn't for him wanting to go Ashtyn wouldn't have ever convinced me. I shouldn't have fallen for the puppy dog eyes. Ash squealed happily and talked about how much fun it was going to be.

***

I pulled into the football field parking lot. I let out an involuntary groan as I saw all the cheerleaders warming up, Megan amongst them. Ethan bolted out of the car as soon as he could. I'd wager he went to find Erin. I swear that boy is whipped.

I stayed in my car and called Ashtyn.

"Hey East" She greeted.

"Hey, are you here yet?" I asked. I didn't want to get out of my car. I didn't want to watch my first football game in two years.

"No, but I'm not very far. I'll meet you at the bottom of the stands?" She questioned.

I nodded. "Okay sounds good to me"

"Two minutes and I'm there" She promised and hung up the phone. I sighed and turned off my car. I got out and locked my car. I made my way to the stands. It wasn't that far of a walk.

I could see Megan as I walked up. She waved at me and I rolled my eyes at her. I flipped her off and I could see her huff in annoyance.

It wasn't that long until a football player walked up to her. I don't know the numbers, so I couldn't tell who it was until he took off his helmet. It was Mullins. My jaw almost dropped in shock as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her in front of everyone.

What the hell?

I can't believe that piece of shit was dating her. He knows what the fuck happened. He was there. He's the one that pulled me off the other guy.

That was a long time ago I reminded myself.

"What was?" Ashtyn asked. I turned around to face her and relaxed. I must've said that out loud.

"Um nothing, do you want to go sit down?" I motioned to the stands behind us. Anything to get away from the past.

She nodded and led me to a spot in the middle of the stands. I rolled my eyes as I sat down. I still couldn't believe I was there.

"We should leave Ethan a seat if he decides he wants to come to sit with us," I told Ashtyn. She nodded and scooted down a little bit.

God, I sound like a fucking parent.

Ash's smile was so big and I couldn't understand why. It was a bunch of jackasses running around with a ball and hitting each other. I don't understand the hype. There was a point in my life when this is what I wanted to do. Then I found running and I decided that was much more appealing.

The pregame activities started. I stood up for the moment of silence and the national anthem, but I refused to cheer on our team and Mullins as they ran out of the tunnel like a bunch of idiots.

We watched as the captains went up to the ref in the middle and flipped the coin. Our announcer reported that we got the ball.

My mouth was dry and I needed something to drink. "I'm gonna head to the concession stand. Do you want anything?"

"A sprite please," She asked.

"Anything to eat?" I asked. She shook her head and pulled out her wallet to give me money.

"I got it, Ash, put it away," I told her and got up.

I walked back down the stairs and made my way to the concession stand. I only had to wait in line for a minute before I got helped.

"What can I get you?" a woman asked me.

"Can I have a Sprite, Coke, Twix, and a pack of Skittles?" I ordered.

She nodded and grabbed all my stuff. "Six dollars," she said and I handed her a ten-dollar bill.

She walked away for a second before returning with my change. I put it back in my wallet and grabbed my candy and the drinks.

"Have a good night," she called after me before she called for the next person in line.

"You too," I smiled and walked back up to the stands.

I sat down and handed Ashtyn her sprite before I opened my coke and took a long sip. I looked at the field for the first time since the game started. We already lost the ball and the other team had it and were close to the endzone.

"Thank you," She said. "You didn't have to pay for it. I would've bought it."

"Ash, it was only a dollar. Trust me, I'm not breaking the bank," I assured her.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Whatever."

We sat there and watched the game. I opened my Twix and started eating it. She was cheering when something good happened and booing and yelling when something bad happened. I sat there and watched her. She was having so much fun.

One of our guys tackled a guy from the other team. Our whole stands erupted in cheers. Most of the fans stood up and cheered loudly. Ashtyn was amongst them. She sat back down and took a sip of her Sprite.

"Is this fun for you?" I asked her teasingly.

"Yes it is, thank you very much," She said matter of factly.

I laughed and let her do her thing as I sat back and ate my skittles. She looked over at me.

"Can I have one?" She asked.

"I thought you said you didn't want anything" I teased.

"I just want one" She assured me and stuck her pointer finger up.

"What do you say?" I smiled at her teasingly.

She sighed. "Please?" She asked. I shook my head. "Pretty please? With a cherry on top?" She added.

I shook my head again. "No, you have to say I'm your best friend," I told her.

She gave me an 'are you serious' look. I dangled the bag in front of her face and threw a skittle in my mouth just to be extra. She rolled her eyes. "Okay fine you're my best friend in the whole entire universe and I don't think I could ever live without you" She admitted dramatically.

I laughed at her. "No need to overdo it," I offered her the bag. She took a couple and put them all in her mouth at once. I laughed and threw a couple in mine as well.

It wasn't long before Ethan walked up to us.

"Hey kid, having fun with your girlfriend?" I asked with a teasing smirk on my face.

He sat down next to me and smacked me in the stomach. "She's not my girlfriend, Jackass. I need money for food" He told me and held out his hand.

"What and you didn't bring your own?" I started at his hand.

"Why would I when I have my own personal portable bank?" He joked.

I pulled my wallet out and handed him the four dollars I got back from the lady at the concession stand. He took the money and walked right back down those stairs.

"Good to know I'm more than a bank to him," I muttered sarcastically.

Ash laughed and turned her attention back to the game. Our team finally scored three minutes before halftime. Ashtyn was on her feet cheering when they did. We were still losing but she didn't care.

"Come on East we scored. Can't you at least pretend to be happy?" She shook my arm.

"I told you not to expect me to cheer for them. Do you know how much I hate certain people on that team?" I asked her.

She knew me and Mullins did not get along at all. She's witnessed it more than once these past two weeks. I'm not sure she knows how far that hatred goes.

She shook her head. I was about to answer when I heard my name being said from beside me.

"Easton Quincy, is that really you?" The voice said. I turned my head to see Isabella Mullins standing there.

"Yes, it is, Mrs. Mullins," I said.

"Well, I haven't seen you since what was it your sophomore year? Gosh has it been that long already? Time sure does fly by."

"That it does," I agreed with a smile.

"How's Ethan doing?" She asked.

I nodded and answered all of her questions about my life.

"I see that Megan's back." She asked.

"I saw she's close to Sam" I chose my words wisely. I didn't know what Sam told his mother. I doubt anything, but she always knows what's happening in his life.

She rolled her eyes. "A little too close if you ask me. You know I never really liked that girl. Something about her never felt right."

At least I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. Of course, I had to wait until it was too late to learn that lesson.

"Well, it was really nice to see you again Easton. Tell Ethan I said hi" She smiled and walked back up to her seat.

I looked over at Ash, but she was already looking at me.

"Who was that?" She asked.

"Old friend" I answered because I didn't know what else to say. The mother of the guy I hate the most?

She nodded and left the conversation at that.

The thoughts of my past, of Megan, of Sam, of all the memories, invaded my brain. I couldn't keep them at bay. I couldn't control them. My hands began to shake. I rubbed my hands together to mask it from everyone else.

"Shit" I cursed under my breath. I shot up from my seat.

"Where are you going?" Ashtyn asked.

"Bathroom" I answered and ran down the stands ad to my car.

I got in and tried to take a couple of deep breaths. The shake of my hands was unmistakable now. My chest began to feel like it was collapsing. My breathing was all over the place as if I was gasping for air. My heart rate was through the roof. I couldn't catch my breath and I had no idea what to do.

Usually, when my hands started to shake and my thoughts were uncontrollable, I would go on a run and control my body and ease my mind at the same time. I waited for it to pass. It took what felt like forever.

My breathing returned to somewhat normal. My heart rate slowed down and I was somewhat calm. I could drive back to the house now. Suddenly I was drained and I just wanted to go to sleep. I turned on my car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Sorry Ash" I whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 2.2K 67
"Why can't we be together?" "Because then i'll have to kill you." - Cassie lived with her big sister Ariene, She never really knew her parents, Cassi...
18.1K 542 24
Amira and Asher were inseparable from the ages of 1-13. How could they not be? They lived right beside each other, and they were the best of friends...
2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
4.4K 446 18
Highest rank in teen fiction - #60 His tongue trails down from my jawline towards my neck. His hands beneath my shirt trying to feel each fibre of my...