Best Familiar Ever

By drippy_boiz

Louise is worried that she won't be able to summon anything when she tries to summon her familiar. She think... More

Chapter 1 - The Summon
Chapter 2 - Prove Your Worth
Chapter 3 - Rivals And Maids
Chapter 4 - A Huntsman's Duty
Chapter 6 - Staff Of Destruction
Chapter 7 - Louise Are You Drunk?
Chapter 8 - Real Love Or Fake Love
Chapter 9 - Maid Me Like You
Chapter 10 - Road Trip
Chapter 11 - Dragon Vs War
Chapter 12 - A Surprisingly Quiet Voice
Chapter 13 - Confidence Building
Chapter 14 - Can We Keep Them?

Chapter 5 - This Is A Robbery

1.1K 36 7
By drippy_boiz

And I am back once again.

Imma start.

____________________________________________

Damien was sitting in the room watching Louise pace back and forth.

"Is this a ritual or are you doing a Louise?"

She stopped and looked to him.

"Of course I'm worried you idiot! The familiar exhibition is coming up and I don't know what we can showcase for you!" She shouted.

"Well. I could fight something. Or someone. Or just do a display of my talent." He offered a few ideas.

She then facepalmed like that should have been obvious.

"Why didn't I think of that? Of course! That's perfect! You work on something to show everyone." She said and he nodded.

Standing up he grabs his weapons.

"Why did I take that from Kirche again?" He asked holding up the gold sword.

"I wish I knew. You don't plan to use it do you?" She asked.

"If I use that I might get depressed."

He left the room and went down to get training.

Louise sat in her room, she was so glad to have him as a familiar. He was exactly what she wanted. A powerful familiar to prove to the school that she is capable of magic.

"... Or just lucky."

After a minute of procrastination she heard sounds out her window. She went over to see it was her familiar. He seemed to be just training. He was doing these cool moves that she would never in a million years be able to do.

She watched as he had to stop to take his armour off. It was way too hot. It probably didn't help being a walking heat source.

She was watching him for a while. Time seemed to fly by as she watched. Soon he had to take his shirt off as the heat was a lot to deal with. It wasn't too bad, but he still had his limits even with his semblance.

"And as well as being strong...." She kept her gaze on him. "... He's so..... amazing.... and handsome."

After that thought, she snapped herself to reality.

"What the hell?"

Did she really just think that about her familiar?

"No. No! That's... That's just wrong! I can't think something like that about him! A relationship between a familiar and their master is just weird!..... I mean.... It's not like it's wrong. It has happened a few times before.... No! You can't do this! It's still weird regardless, even if he is human, he's still a familiar!" She shook her head.

She can't understand where her head is at. She just sat at the window.

".... I can still watch him. Just to make sure he doesn't hurt himself. I am his Master after all." She said continuing to watch.

She looks to see no one is watching, then smiled to herself.

There was nothing in her mind that said anything about enjoying the view.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It has been a few days now and the exhibition is to start in the morning. Louise and Damien are getting settled for the night.

"So do you have something for the exhibition?" She asked.

"Yeah. I got a new trick planned. You'll be surprised when I tell you it has nothing to do with my sword." He said with a confident smirk.

That got her interest.

"Something to do with your.... What was it?"

"Semblance. And yes, that's the only hint you get."

He then remembered when that Princess arrived at the school. She's apparently here to see the whole thing. She supposedly has a love for familiars and cool creatures like that.
He knows this because Louise told him.

She apparently knows her.

"So that Princess. How long have you-"

Before he could ask the question, someone wearing a hooded cloak ran in the room and shut the door.

Damien immediately assumed it was an intruder here to steal something and Louise clearly had the same thoughts as she panicked for her wand.

"You picked the wrong house fooooo-" He shouted about to hit the person with a chair.

"Wait! I'm not here to hurt you!"

"Oh... Really?" Damien out the chair down.

"Who are you and why are you in my room?" Louise asked.

The person laughed. It sounded like a girl. She sounded a bit amused. Didn't sound malicious at all.

She moved the hood down and they saw it was the Princess.

"Oh shit you're that fuckin Princess... What the fuck was your name?" Damien asked trying to remember what Louise told him.

"Princess Henrietta!"

Louise was immediately on one knee and nudged Damien who was confused.

"Please don't bow Louise. We're beyond such formalities. I snuck away from my room to see you."

Damien stepped back and sat on the chair. He didn't want to interrupt this little reunion of friends. He just sat throwing a fire ball up and catching it over and over again.
.
.
.
.
"Damien!"

"Huh?"

He looked up to see the princess was in front of him watching him throw the ball up and down.

He realised she must have moved to greet him.

"Oh, uh. Heya. Names Damien. Cool to meet you. Henrietta right? Can I just call you Ritta?"

He was immediately hit over the head with that whip Louise has.

"Don't be so casual with the princess you dog!" She shouted up at him.

"Fuck you dogs are cute!" He shouted back.

The princess just laughed at their antics.

"I agree dogs are cute. And yes, you may call me Ritta." Henrietta said.

"See, she's cool with it." He held out his hand to shake hers. "You are the most down to earth princess I've met.... Then again you're the first princess I have ever met so. Yeah. Don't let the Nobles get you."

She giggled, all while Louise was watching in fear that he would piss her off and he would be executed.

"Oh don't worry. I don't ever plan to be like one of those people." She said accepting his handshake.

"Good, cause if you do I'll come after you." He said jokingly.

She sat and talked with Louise for a little while and was rather interested when she mentioned Damien was her familiar.

Eventually, she had to go as it was very late.

"I hope you do well at the exhibition." She said looking to Damien.

"Thanks. I'm no 13 feet tall beast, so... sorry I can't do a whole lot, but I'll do my best to please."

"I'm sure you'll do fine."

With that she left.

Louise turned to him and pounced, annoyed at him for being so casual with the princess.

She attacked with her whip and he retaliated with tickling. She never should have told him how much she hates tickling.
.
.
.
A few minutes later and he has her on the bed on her stomach. He's sitting on top of her as he tickles her sides. Louise desperately tried to get away, trying to pull herself away, but she has no way out and even if she does get out he pulls her back.

Funnily enough, she has to admit. This kind of feels like she's playing with her familiar.

It's kinda fun.

"Get ohohohohof! Stop!" She pleaded trying to get away from the assault.

"Nope. You have to face punishment for assaulting a Huntsman." He told her as he continued his assault.

"You said hahahaha! You sahahahaid Huntsman in trahahahahaining!"

"Yeah, but I'm a second year and as my teacher always said, experience in the field beats anything combat school can teach." He smirked. "I think another 15 minutes is punishment enough."

"Nohohohoho! Please stohohop! I'll do anythihihihihihing!"

Her pleading only fell on deaf ears.

After 15 minutes of horrible tickling, Louise was finally free and able to move again.

"Ahaha. Haha. Uhhhh. That was hell."

Damien sat next to her and looked to her with an amused smile.

"What have we learned?"

She somehow managed to sit up and compose herself.

"Never. Assault. A Huntsman." She said between breaths.

"Good." He then looked to her seriously. "I didn't hurt you did I?"

This seriousness surprised her, that he would immediately be worried about her after that.

She shook her head.

"No. As much as I.... Hate tickling.... It's not exactly.... Lethal, as long as you don't go overboard." She said looking at him with a smile.

"I'm surprised you aren't berating me for putting you through that." He said genuinely surprised. Was he helping her lighten up a little?

She shrugged.

"I don't know. It kind of felt... like we were playing...." She looked happy. "Like I was a kid again. It was... sort of fun."

He actually agreed.

"Yeah... It was like when I had friends back at the orphanage."

Louise tensed.

That's right. He doesn't have a family. He told her about all that. He was an orphan who never met his parents.

"I'm... Sorry... I didn't mean to..." She wasn't sure what to say.

"It's fine. Honestly. I've been enjoying my time here." He did something that surprised her. He wrapped her in a hug. "You're great company to have Louise. Thanks for saving my ass before I died. I owe you my life for that."

She smiled and returned the hug.

"No you don't. Just be my familiar, that's all I ask in return."

"No problem."

After a minute they separated. Damien stood up to go to his corner when to his surprise.

"Where are you going?" She asked suddenly.

He turned to look at her with an odd look.

"To my bed?"

She shook her head.

"That's not your bed." She moved over and patted the spot next to her. "This is."

Damien was surprised about that. She was going to let him sleep in her bed?

"Uh. Aren't you worried I'll, you know, do something to you in your sleep?" He asked unsure.

"You refused to change me even when I asked you to. You haven't taken advantage of me and I don't think you ever will. I think you're ok. Now come on."

"Uh. Ok. I'm just uh, gonna get this armour off."

He turned to get his armour off, all while Louise watched.

She was silently hoping he would take his shirt off.
Lucky for her he did just that and walked back to the bed. He seemed unsure until she encouraged him that it was ok for him to sleep next to her.

Damien was actually surprised how he had grown so use to sleeping the way he has for the last few days. Then again he has slept in worse conditions.

"Hey... Can I ask something?" He asked.

"Sure." She said trying very so subtly to move closer to him.

"Is it bad that that-" He pointed to the bed in the corner. "-was considered a luxury for me at one point in my life?"

She wasn't sure how to answer, but nodded a little.

"Yeah. Not surprised.... Also, you know I don't mind if you get closer. I am a living source if heat and it is kinda chilly. Here." He put his arm around her and pulled her close.

"Wait ho- Ohhhhh. Mmmm. Warm. Comfy." Louise sounded very tired now. She sounded like she was ready to fall asleep.

"Better?"

"Mmhmm... Best... Familiar..... Ever."

And like that she was out like a light.

He smiled at that.

"Goodnight Louise."

He reached to the bedside table where a candle was lit and took the flame onto his finger before snuffing it out.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Damien."

A tired voice calls out.

"Daaamien."

There it is again.

Damien stired awake and sat up, or he would have. Sitting on top of him was Louise. She was poking his face.

"Louise. Why are you sitting on me?"

"You need to get up. We have exbition today."

He sighed.

"I can't get up with you sitting on me. When is the exhibition anyway?" He asked tiredly.

"Uhhhh... I think.... 3 in the evening."

"What time is it now?"

She looked to the clock next to her bed.

"7."

"... We can stay in the bed for a little while can't we?"

She shrugged.

"Sure. I was just... seeing if you wanted up early."

She moved to sleep right next to him, making him put his arms around her for warmth.
She put one around her back and because the blankets were elsewhere she moved his other hand to her legs.

"... Louise."

"Mmm?"

"Where are your pants?"

"... I probably... Threw'em off in my sleep. It's just legs." She then looked at him with a tired teasing look. "Or are you the type a perv to get turned on by a girl's leg? Hehehe."

"I was more worried you wouldn't want me seeing your underwear, but I have cleaned them a number of times so I guess it's ight."

She seemed to think.

"Can you see them now?"

"No."

"Then no problem."

"Fair."

From their they slept in for a bit as Louise held him hostage for his heat.
.
.
.
.
.
"I needed a rest like that. Never felt better."

Louise stretched as she finished getting dressed.

She stepped out of the room to see Damien waiting for her.

"Ready to face the day?"

"I am."

He nodded and stood straight.

"Lead the way then boss."

They made their way towards the canteen. They were discussing about the whole exhibition thing and what he would do.

"A lot of people just show something their familiar is capable of. Like showing its power or something. If you plan to just display your power than that will work fine. The teachers might be surprised to see a normal guy using fire like it's magic." She told him.

"Right. Well, you'll see what I have planned. This is something I recently developed." He said. Then he noticed something about what Louise said. "Also, I noticed you called me a normal guy and not a peasant. What's that about?"

"Well, I noticed that word seemed to anger you a tiny bit, so I assumed you didn't like that label." She said looking up at him. "I would be mad too if I got where you are and someone basically said I was worth nothing."

"Huh... Thanks. We got off on a bad start, but you're alright Louise."

She smirked.

"I know I am."

"And she's back."

They laughed at the joke.

That's when Damien noticed Siesta up ahead. He noticed she was carrying something before some dickhead bumped into her and she dropped what she was carrying. It was just towels.

"I'll catch up to you in a bit Louise. I'll be in time for the exhibition at least, don't you worry." He said before running off to help his friend.

"Don't be too long!" She called out as he ran off.

Damien ran over and stopped to kneel down and help her.

"You alright Siesta?"

She jumped a little and looked to see him.

"Oh! You startled me. Good to see you again Damien. How have you been?" She asked.

"I'm good. Been preparing for this exhibition thing. I got a little surprise for it." He answered.

"I see. Thank you." She thanked him for helping her pick up what she dropped. "Do you mind carrying them for me? If it's not too much trouble."

"Of course. I came over to help."

He followed her along.

"So how's work been?" He asked.

"Well, it has certainly been a lot more bearable with you around. You bring a sense of excitement where I'm always asking myself "what's going to happen today?" She told him with that bright smile.

"Glad to help. That Mott guy didn't do anything to you when he had you, did he?" Damien had to know the answer to this. "To clarify. Yes I will kill him if he did."

She giggled at that.

"No, no. He didn't thankfully. You got there quick enough. Thank you again." She answered. "Although he was rather creepy."

"Hmm... I'll let it slide. For now."

They continued walking and talking, but what they didn't notice was Louise following them, listening to their conversation.

Her eyes drifted to Siesta. Then down to the girls chest.

She narrowed her eyes.

She continued to listen.

"I better get going and see where Louise is. I don't want to be late for this exhibition." He said as they put the towels down and turned to eachother.

"I'll be cheering for you. I'm excited to see what this new surprise is." Siesta said looking a bit excited.

"Haha. Well, I'll try my best for you especially then. I hope to impress." He leaned closer to tease her. "Think if I try hard enough I can get under that dress?"

She blushed and laughed at his joke.

"Who knows. Maybe if you really blow me away I'll let you take it off." She fired back.

"Hahaha! See you later Siesta."

"Good luck Damien."

He walked off to go find Louise only to find her right there.

"Oh, hey Louise. Sorry if I got a bit weird, me and Siesta tend to joke like that."

"Uhuh. And is there anything I should know about? Anything.... I don't know.... Intimate?" Louise asked seemingly randomly.

"Uh... No? Is everything ok?"

Louise seemed to perk up.

"Perfectly fine. Let's go and get ready for the exhibition."

She lead him away to the stage where this was all happening all while Damien was just confused why that seemed so weird.

'Probably nothing.'

Soon they're standing to the side of a stage as a number of other students go up and show what their familiars can do.

Damien was bored waiting and decided to look around for something to pass the time while he threw a fireball up and down.

He looked towards the school and he then narrowed his eyes when he thought he saw something up on one of the walls. It looked like someone in a hooded cloak.
He shook his head and looked again only to see the were gone.

"... Maybe I'm going crazy."

"Well do that after, now come on."

He realised it was now their turn.

"Oh, right. Sorry. I was in a world of my own there."

He followed her up there and they stood up on the stage. Everyone sat and waited for something to happen. Those that were at the dual between Damien and Guiche were quiet and waiting for what he would do, while those that didn't were sitting with amused looks like this was going to be hilarious.

"Ahem. This is my familiar Damien. He is a human. And... Well, I don't actually know what he has planned."

She stepped back ignoring the laughs. This gave Damien the signal to go ahead.

"Ok. This is something I've recently developed."

He got in a stance and focused. He gathered as much power as he could and tried to spread it through his whole body at once. The second he had that same feeling he had the last time he did this, he let it go.

"HA!"

With a shout there was a sudden powerful burst of heat that came from Damien. Everyone shielded themselves and when they looked to the stage they saw what happened. Damien was standing there covered in fire. Like he was a human flame.

"I got this idea from a movie back home. There's a hero called the Human Torch. Just wondered if I could do it. I think it's pretty cool." He said looking over himself.

"Uh... Yeah. He can control fire. He absorbs it, he's immune to it and he's a walking source of heat." Louise explained.

"Pretty much. I can do stuff with a sword, but I wanted to really show what I can do. Show you people that it takes more than just being a noble to be strong. If I wanted, I could take almost everyone here down in a battle. Give you a reason not to look down on people just cause they don't have magic." He then turned back to normal. The heat gone like it was never there. "But that wouldn't be fun for me. Like that Guiche guy, it'd be too easy."

There was silence after that. No one said or did anything.

Then someone started clapping. Damien and Louise saw it was Siesta that was clapping.

Not everyone, but a good few more joined in.

The two stepped off the stage and joined the crowd. Louise nudged him and gestured to the princess who seemed very amazed by his performance.

"Looks like you impressed her." She said.

"That was the goal." He told her.

Someone sat next to him on the other side and he looked to see Siesta.

"That was very cool Damien. I didn't know you were capable of such a thing." She complimented.

He grew a little bashful.

"Aww, thanks Siesta. I was hoping it would impress you at least. How did I do? Out of 10 how would you rate me?" He asked curiously.

She smiled.

"1."
.
.
.
"I'm joking. 10 without a doubt. That was great."

"Oh thank God! Don't play with my heart like that girl." He said wiping his forehead.

"I'm sorry, I just had to mess with you."

While they were joking with eachother, Louise was watching from the corner of her eye.

'What's she doing being so close to my familiar? I bet she's trying to steal him from me.'

She wasn't sure why she was thinking like this, but she didn't think about that.

'I'll just be more like that to him as well. Besides.' She grew a smirk. 'We already shared the same bed.'

She then looked down to herself.

"Wait. What?"
.
.
.
.
Damien and Louise were walking around while everyone was handing around. They decided to just go for a walk around the school away from the crowd.

"You ok Louise? You seem very deep in thought." He asked worried something was bothering her. "You know if something is bothering you, you can just talk to me."

She shook her head.

"No. I'm fine... Just.... I can't really figure out what's wrong with-"

"Look out!"

Louise was surprised when he yelled and was caught off guard when she was pushed to the ground.

She would have been annoyed, but she saw the reason he pushed her. She just barely avoided being crushed by the foot of a massive rock golem. She noticed that someone was on top of it too.

She backed up behind Damien.

"Stay back."

Damien reached for his hip, but then remembered he left his two swords in the room. He still had the one on his back. Derflinger.

"You ready buddy?" Derflinger asked.

"Made ready. Louise. I'm gonna keep it busy, when I give you an opening I'll tell you to run and you're gonna go get help." He told her.

"Ok. Be careful Damien."

"I will."

Damien ran at it and jumped to the side to avoid being crushed. One hit from this will put a dent in his Aura for sure.

"You capable of cutting rock buddy?" He asked the sword.

"Rocks are child's play buddy. Go nuts."

Damien ran forward and slid under a swing from the golem. He immediately swung at the leg and it fell to pieces.

The golem staggered and fell to its hands and one knee. Perfect.

"Louise! Go now!"

"Right! Just hold on I'll be back soon!"

"Hurry. Fire doesn't exactly-"

He was caught by surprise when the leg he cut off regenerated in seconds and it tried to stomp him. He jumped back only to get grabbed by the hand. He couldn't move.

Louise saw that and grew worried.

"Damien! Hold on I'll get you out of there!"

She got her wand out and pointed it at the golem. It seemed to hold Damien in front of it, she was trying to hit its face, but she would only hit him.

"Louise just hit it!"

"But I-"

"My Aura will tank it, just shoot!"

She closed her eyes and tried to use magic to free him. She heard an explosion and opened her eyes to see what happened. She missed and blew a hole in the side of the school.

The golem paused. It stopped as the person on top of it hopped into the hole on the school. After a few seconds, they came back and ran off. The golem let go of Damien who fell to the ground. It then fell to pieces like it was just a pile of rocks.

Whoever was controlling it was long gone.

"Damien!"

Louise rushed to him. He was in pain, but his Aura managed to hold up.
She watched him pull out this weird thing and look at it. He showed it to her. Whatever she was looking at showed his name and a bar under it that was nearly empty and was red.

"Probably a good thing you missed. Aura barely held out being crushed."

She was relieved he was ok.

"Don't scare me like that again. Please." She said hugging him.

He sat up and she helped him to stand. Just then, everyone else showed up to see what happened.

Everyone saw the hole in the building and immediately looked to Louise.

"If anyone blames her I'm burning the school down." Damien said seriously.

They both sighed as this was going to be a lot of explaining.

____________________________________________

And that's this part done. If a bunch of chapters come out at once it's because I wrote a load and wasn't sure if I would publish it.

Anyway, imma fuck right off. Peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 29.7K 100
Because of unknown reasons, the overpowered Kusuo Saiki suddenly appeared in a world that has people with supernatural abilities called quirks. Saiki...
5.3K 166 29
Amelia Tano got a strange call at 3 am by the principal of UA, Nezu! Strangely enough he offers her a job in Japan to be a teaching assistant to a ce...
213 47 24
Taehee meet a guy she thinks he's pretty cool.but she doesn't know that he has a secret a really big secret. will she find out or will he destroy her...
769 77 58
Fifteen years ago, an enigmatic explosion shook the small Oregon town of Dorena, instigating global shock and an intriguing mystery as the door opene...