fools » lee donghyuck (SLOW U...

By delightkyun

when a misunderstanding costs two people the friendship they spent years building, it'd be hard to get them t... More

please read
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51

29

275 10 1
By delightkyun

༊*·˚ fools

on the rare occasion hyerin got the chance, she went to visit dongyoung at his cafe later in the day. she was still sulky about her work having gone to waste and since mark was there, he noticed her walk in looking discontent so he went to sit with her. mark had this power where he could make anyone smile just by smiling himself because it was so contagious.

"what's up?" he grinned. "what's been going on?"

"someone decided to pour a drink all over some of my school books so now i'm gonna have to figure out a way to salvage these so i have notes for the exams that are coming up," she mumbled lowly.

mark furrowed his brows. "do you know who did it?"

hyerin shook her head. "no."

"that's not fair. i'd help you out with notes from last year but i don't know where mine are..." he scratched the back of his head.

she offered him a polite smile. "it's all right. i'll figure something out."

"one chocolate croissant and cafè au latte and a chamomile tea!"

mark handed dongyoung a single bill just as hyerin was getting her purse to pay for her load.

"i was gonna pay..."

he softly blew on his tea. "too slow."

she slid the money across to his half of the table instead but he just slid it right back.

"it was a coffee and a croissant, it's no big deal, rin." his smile reached his eyes. "are you doing anything after this?"

"no, why?"

"do you want to go on a walk?"

for someone who didn't like walking long distances, she agreed. mark was good company.

after their drinks, he escorted her out and they went for a walk around seoul. it got her mind off of things for the hour or two they were together which she was grateful for.

however, on the walk home she got a nasty surprise when she heard that voice. the one that belonged to kang junmin. she could locate it anywhere. whenever he spoke, she would hear him louder than anyone else inside her mind. it drove her crazy sometimes.

but, she didn't want to stress herself out unnecessarily so she followed the voice behind her to see if it was really him.

and it was.

he'd walked along the pavement behind her laughing with his friends.

hyerin bolted to the nearest bathroom and locked herself in a stall until she was calm enough to enter the train.

by the time she got home her uncle wasn't there so he was most likely doing a late night and after showering hyerin made herself dinner and watched some youtube videos on her laptop to accompany her until her uncle came home.

"that smells nice." he smiled, unbuttoning his suit jacket.

she pointed behind her after pausing the video. "some for you."

he got himself a bowl and sat opposite her.

"i heard you on the phone with grandma last night... were you talking about my dad?" she inquired in a small tone.

her uncle froze in place as he was about to reach into his rice.

"how much did you hear?"

"just the last five seconds of the call," she replied, nonchalantly.

he let out a sigh. "yeah. your dad's been contacting me again."

"i can speak to him if you want. tell him to go away snd maybe that will make him leave you alone?"

he shook his head. "not necessary. i know how i'm going to sort it, don't worry. how was your day?" he changed the subject of the question, diving into his food.

hyerin cringed. "it was all right. nothing interesting. yours?"

amazingly, he was almost finished although he'd just started. he'd been eating as if he hadn't consumed food in a decade.

"fine... fine..." he answered between chews. "but i need to shower and do some work before bed for tomorrow so i'm going to go do that." he got up and placed his bowl in the sink. "goodnight if i don't see you." he pressed a kiss to the top of her head before walking out and going upstairs to shower.

hyerin brought her laptop back in front of her and went to get seconds, occasionally giving some to jeju on the kitchen table dangerously close to the laptop.

when she went to bed, her thoughts went to a more negative place after seeing junmin but she shook then out of her brain and told herself that she was exaggerating and things would be fine.

things were in fact not fine when she jolted awake, tears in eyes and a heaving chest followed by rapid breaths after another nightmare. another unrealistic nightmare that one of her closest friends were going to hurt her.

to calm down, she went to the toilet and drank a bit of water from the bottle she dragged around then attempted to get some sleep. it was difficult but the last time she remembered seeing on her bedside clock was 4:17am. after that, she managed to get a final bit of rest.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"you have a date?"

hyerin paused right in her spot and spun around to face her two friends.

"why do you sound so surprised?" myunghee scoffed. "do you think i'm not good enough or something?"

"no! no, no," dongmin was doing damage control. "i just," he shrugged his shoulders and scratched his head, "i don't know... who's it with?"

"some guy from another school, you don't know him."

hyerin joined them. "a date i see. where are you guys going?"

"this nice mexican restaurant that opened up a few months ago," she spoke with a radiating smile.

she'd wanted to go to that restaurant since it opened but the thing was that dongmin was the one who was supposed to have taken her there. it was something they'd both talked about before but it seemed like he was too slow to ask her.

"well, keep yourself safe and know that you can share your location with us if you want," hyerin spoke.

"what's going on? what's this meeting for?" kiya approached, crossing her arms.

myunghee faced her. "i have a date tomorrow!" she squealed.

kiya's face fell but she was quick enough to bring it back up again. "that's good! have fun and if it goes super badly then send me a text and i'll call you saying that... my boyfriend broke up with me and my hamster died or something."

"will do!"

to hyerin, the situation was as clear as day but all three of them were completely blind to each others' feelings.

<3
so sorry for the long wait! i was extremely ill and didn't have anything prewritten! stuff will begin to pick up now

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.9K 3.3K 75
airpods, chicken, and a little too many people, yet a relationship forms out of a wrongly given number. what could possibly go wrong? -𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨...
97.6K 4.3K 30
❝was the fame worth our friendship?❞ ꒰ when a childhood love story finally gets to blossom as donghyuck comes home from seoul. he knows his feelings...
9.4K 221 67
two best friend encounters something they wish they didn't. But afterwards began to accept it.
225K 11.6K 101
"It's okay to be scared, but you have to go out there, open up, love, make mistakes, learn, be stronger, and start all over again." - Unknown