The GrandMaster Of All Times

By Krisamity

Closing his eyes he thought about everything that brought him here, remembered all the hardships and the hear... More

One: Not The Same
Two: Until You Have Decided
Three: Wuxian's Second Life Part One
Four: Broken Strings For A Broken Heart
Five: Wei Wuxian's Second Life Part Two
Six: Behind The Closed Doors
Seven: Holding Onto A Thread
Eight: All The Feelings Will Fade Away
Nine: Wei Wuxian's Second Life Part Three
Ten: It's Not Running If It's Not Longing
Eleven: Wei Wuxian's Second Life Part Four
Twelve: Wei Wuxian's Second Life Part Five
Thirteen: Not Breaking The Ice In Not So Ideal Way
Fourteen: To Learn Is To Forgive Not Only Yourself
Fifteen: Being There For You Is Pointless If History Keeps Repeating Itself
Sixteen: Second Life: Two Steps Forward One Step Back
Seventeen: Second Life: Not Under A Watchful Eye and Determination
Eighteen: Second Life: To See Fire In The Mountain's and Blood In The Wind
Nineteen: Second Life: Screaming Out With Blood On Our Hands
Twenty: Second Life: Cushing Hope Underneath One's Boot
Twenty-One: Second Life: Love Is Such A Lie In Other's Eyes
Twenty-Two: Second Life: Don't Expect The One You Hurt, Where You Last Had Them
Twenty-Three: Second Life: Broken Strings on a Shattered Guqin
Twenty-Four: A Friend In Every Life
Twenty-Six: The Crooked Forest (Part One)

Twenty-Five: Don't Act So Useless

954 45 16
By Krisamity

How was everyone's summer?

The entire Nie clan was awake in the early morning hours. The students were supposed to be practicing their saber techniques, but they were all engrossed in observing a man practicing his own sword techniques on the other side of the field. Wei Wuxian continued to dance around and swing suibian in coronation with his feet as he lived in his own small world, paying no attention to anyone.

Wei Wuxian didn't seem to notice the Nie disciples surrounding him until Nie Mingjue emerged from the Grand Hall with his saber in hand, ready to lead his men into practice this morning. Wei Wuxian landed on his feet after flipping in the air and swung his sword down on what appeared to be an invisible neck that wasn't there, before he finally took notice of the Nie disciples surrounding him and wondered how in the hell did he never notice them beforehand?

His disciples allowing him to pass, Nie Mingjie rushes past them. The crowd slowly dispersed and diminished in size. Few of Nie Mingjue's more senior disciples, along with Wei Wuxian, were the only ones still present. Surbian was being cleaned and returned to its helt.

Wei Wuxian bows and says, "My apologies, Sect. Leader Nie, I did not know your disciples were in my audience instead of carrying out their drills."

In an effort to get the other man to raise his head, Nie Mingjue shakes his head and raises a hand. He admonishes, "Besides the fact that you were so absorbed into your own forms merely demonstrates how excellent you are with a sword, my disciples could learn a few things from you. It's not your fault."

Wei Wuxian, "I thank you for your compliment," he says with a genuine smile.

Nie Mingjue barked out orders, telling his disciples to start their training before turning his attention back to Wei Wuxina, Nie Mingjue, "Would you accompany me on a walk, Young Master Wei." he asked.

Wei Wuxian nods and makes a hand signal for Nie Mingjue to take the lead. When they were striding side by side, Nie Mingjue enquired, "Are you able to assist my brother in genuinely training? To be completely honest, I don't care about his interests or his passion for art. He just knows how to use a paintbrush, so I only want him to be able to defend himself."

Wuxian Wei, "It would be a pleasure to assist Brother Huaisang, but I am also concerned about myself because I don't think the saber is the greatest option for him."

Mingjue Nie He turns to the other man and says, "But you made something to help him, to defend him from his saber."

Wei Wuxian "Yes, I did, but your brother's core is different from mine and yours. He is more vulnerable than we are. To be completely honest, even with the medalin, he might experience qi destruction and won't survive it."

Heavily sighing, Nie Mingjue complains, "I should have had him pick up his foolish saber a long time ago, then perhaps he wouldn't be so useless with it."

After taking a few steps forward, Nie Mingjue stops and turns to face Wei Wuxian after Wei Wuxian halts in his tracks. "Your brother is many things, Sect. Leader Nie, but useless is not one of them." says Wei Wuxian.

Mingjue Nie "How can you explain my brother's attitude of not wanting to study then?" He brings Wei Wuxian to task "If I were to pass away tonight and he were to replace me as Sect. Leader, he wouldn't even be successful! Except for his stupid eye-catching flair for nice things, he is completely useless. "

"You have no idea who your brother is, don't you," Wei Wuxian glares at him. "All you see is a failure in what you want him to succeed in, but dismiss all of his other talents as if they weren't there to define your brother," he says, shaking his head.

Wei Wuxina, "Okay, I'll train your brother, but in my own manner. You'll see, and when you see how successful he is at protecting himself, I want you to keep in mind what you said about him. When it occurs, I anticipate you'll be kowtowing for his forgiveness."

Though it sounds more like laughter, Nie Mingjue huffs. He says honestly, "I will look forward to that day then."

...

Wei Wuxian followed the servant who was directing him through the Unclean Realm's labyrinth. He was being taken inside the lounge room of Nie Huaisang. The servant bowed to Wei Wuxian when they arrived at the double doors that led to Nie Huaisang's quarters. Wei Wuxian then told them to leave before banging on the door to let the other person know he was there.

Wei Wuxian heard "Come in" from beyond the doors and hurried inside to see Nie Huaisang outside on the patio through the open doors leading out to the garden. A bird that was perched on Nie Huaisang's finger was being fed.

Nie Huaisang glances up to realize that it was Wei Wuxian who had come into his room, and his face lights up. After returning the bird to its cage, Nie Huaisang gets up from his chair to go greet his visitor. He inquires, "What do I owe Brother Xian for the pleasure of this visit?"

"What is this foolishness," Wei Wuxian asked " Why am I not your guest? Why aren't I supposed to be your responsibility?"

"Ah ture, ture," Nie Huaisang mocks Wei Wuxian. He nods, pulling out his fan while disguising his smile.

Nie Huaisang nodded for Wei Wuxian to have a seat as he led the way to a table deeper into the garden. Nie Huaisang joined Wei Wuxian at the table after retrieving the teapot from a smaller table a little to the side and waiting for Wei Wuxian to take his seat. Nie Huaisang set out tea cups for the two of them, poured them each a cup of tea, and signaled for Wei Wuxian to help himself to the sugar.

Nie Huaisang,  " There is more going on with this visit to my quarters than just annoying little old me, based on the expression on your face. Did my Da-ge cause you any problems?"

Wei Wuxian  He adds a couple sugar cubes to his tea and takes a sip while saying, "More like to have me cause you some difficulty."

"Oh?" asked Nie Huaisang. He was curious.

Wei Wuxian admits, "Sect. Leader Nie would like me to train you so you can defend yourself."

Nie Huaisang set out to look into it. He exploded, "Did he know?  I will go talk to my brother soon we are done here. I am sorry that my brother put you through this."

Wei Wuxian, " A-Sang, I promised to train you."

Nie Huaisang smashes his tea cup to the table. He shouts, "You did what?  I'm not pulling out my saber, Brother Xian. My father was killed and my brother was injured by it. I won't pass away at a young age for a pointless weapon!"

"I never said I was going to teach you how to use your saber, I said I would teach you how to protect you, but with a technique I feel you would be interested in," Wei Wuxian says, peering past the rim of his cup.

When Nie Huaisang heard these comments, he appeared to settle back down and regain interest. " What do you suggest I do then?" he questioned.

Wuxian Wei "Bao Sanren, my grandma, has lived on this planet longer than our grandparents have. Before she landed on her mountain, she traveled the world and learned numerous ways, which she then passed on to her disciples as the ones that worked best for them. Have you ever heard of using a twin worrier  wielding fans?"

Widening Nie Huaisang's eyes. He repeats, "Fan wielding.  Never heard of it before."

Wei Wuxian said, "I can create fans for you that can withstand a battle to a sword and train you how to utilize them. It's a combat technique further south in another country."

Huaisang Nie, " You learned this method from your grandmother, right?"

"Yes, and I once mastered it," Wei Wuxian replied. "I have over twenty warrior combat techniques under my belt, and I intend to learn more as I get more free time."

"You're immortal, aren't you?" Nie Huaisan inquires, giving his companion a quick glance before taking a chance.

With a knowing smile on his face, Wei Wuxian looked up from his drink. He didn't need to say anything because he was confident that his dear friend could figure him out.

...

The blacksmith's shop was filled with the resounding clangs of men making sabers for The Nie Clan. Wei Wuxian arrived here with the aid of Nie Huaisang, where the only smells he could detect were smoke and metal.

The Nie Clan's master blacksmith observed a strange man wandering around and became enraged immediately away because this was not the place for disciples to be wandering around. If hot metal sparks come in contact with their skin, they might get harmed. Wei Wuxian hears Master Nie Smith yell, "Excuse me! This is no place for Young Masters like yourself here."

"Honestly, I am exactly where I want to be," Wei Wuxian said. " I think one of you might be interested in helping me out with an assignment, but there are two requirements."

They gathered around The Nie Master Smith and began to laugh around Wei Wuxian. He sneers, "Oh really kid? I don't have time for him! Beat it before I summon guards to haul your behind out!

Wei Wuxian shakes his head and says, "Sect. Leader Nie put me in charge of teaching his brother, so if you object, you will have to take it up with him."

The Master Nie Smith was intrigued by this. "So what," he retorted, "are you going to have me build another useless saber for the young master so it can get lost to wherever the heck he hides them?"

Wei Wuxian replies, "No, I require you to help me make these." He holds up a drawing of two fans that he drew, in his hand to display them, but something about them stood out—they appeared to have a sharp edge that resembled the semblance of a sword.

Wei Wuxian hands over the drawing to Master Nie Smith, who approaches and asks, "What is this?" before studying it.

" Duel Wielding fans. The Second Young Master Nie will use it as a weapon," Wei Wuxian responds.

Other nearby smiths were chatting about the drawing while peering over the Master Nie Smith's shoulder to take a peek at it. " What are the circumstances," Master Nie Smith asked after glancing between the design and Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian chuckles and says, "First of all, no one is allowed to speak a word of this to the Sect. Leader Nie, it's a surprise of sorts for him. Second, I will oversee the entire process of assembling these fans together, and my word will be final."

Master Nie Smith nodded in agreement and motioned for Wei Wuxian to follow him to the back to his own tinkering office. The Master Nie Smith felt his pride being challenged and wanted to tell this Young Master to get lost, but when he looked back at the drawing, he realized this was too good of an opportunity to pass on.

Wei Wuxian was delayed for several days while arguing with Master Nie Smith about materials for fans in the Blacksmiths lodge. The materials required to create the fabric portion of the fans were the main concern.

"Indestructible fabric cannot be created to make what you are requesting," The Master Nie Smith bellows, "We must use strengthened cotton because it gives us the flexibility we need for the fans!"

Wuxian Wei "You're wrong; regardless matter the wielder's strength, there is something that won't break beneath the pressure of any sword."

The only response the Master Nie Smith received from Wei Wuxian was for him to take a bunch of his own hair and tug it in front of himself. Wei Wuxian presented the piece to the blacksmith after ripping the strands apart with his monstrous strength and both hands. The Master Nie Smith was forcedly at a loss for words. However, Wei Wuxian got up from his chair and requested that another nearby smith hold the other end of the hair locks and tie them into a tight line. He gave the order for "someone to come with a saber, the best you have, and strick in the midst of the hair with everything you have."

Someone awoke from their confusion and went to grab a newly constructed, the strongest saber they had yet obtained and handle it with both hands. Instead of the hair or the saber breaking as he tightened his grip on it while holding it over his head, the other man holding the other end of the strands fell forward and was knocked off his feet, along with the person wielding the saber. Only Wei Wuxian was still standing and fiercely holding the intact hair.

"Does this work?" Master Nie Smith, startled, was questioned by Wei Wuxian.

...

After searching for a few days, they eventually discovered a weaver who could transform the fabric into usable fans. Because they didn't understand why human hair was being utilized for these fans, Wei Wuxian made them pay for their silence. Wei Wuxian offered them specifics on everything from the colors and design to how to assemble the fans.

Together with Wei Wuxian, Master Nie Smith was building the fan blades in the back of the blacksmith shop. Wei Wuxian was forging a hot piece of metal that would later become a blade, and the Master Nie Smith was shocked to see that the young guy knew what he was doing while just wearing his trousers and being shirtless. The Master Nie nearly considered it an honor to have met this talent-filled genius. Nevertheless, he would rather perish than tell a teenager that.

The final push to complete the fans finally materialized. Master Nie Smith and Wei Wuxian assembled the fans with deft hands; each had one of the sets of twin fans. When the finished weapon was ready, Wei Wuxina brought it outside to the back of the blacksmith's shop where they kept dummies where they could practice using the power and dexterity of the sabers they had created.

In front of the dummies, Wei Wuxian opened the fans to display their fragments; the metal rims even shone in the sunlight. He flicked the fans out and sent a surge of wind at the dummies, which caused the fans to shred them to pieces. He did this by sending a small amount of his own spiritual energy via the fans. Wei Wuxian flicked the fans outward, causing the hidden daggers to show through the cloth by releasing the latch in the fans. The daggers then flew loose and ended up striking targets that were farther out in the distance in the center.

The blacksmiths behind him were ecstatic because the fans had been successful and because the Nie Clan had learned how to create such a unique weapon other than sabers. Wei Wuxian closes the fans and turns to face the black smith who is excitedly admiring his accomplishment. He also notices Master Nie standing out and displaying pride in their craftsmanship. When he comes back, the older man bows to Wei Wuxian.

...

The fans were placed in a wooden frame to keep them safe until Nie Huaisang was ready, but when it came to teaching Nie Huaisang, the simple part of all of this was over. The challenge with using a warrior fan was that it required focus. Your disposition must be as peaceful as the air you breathe, your body must be as strong and flexible as bamboo, and your intellect must be as steadfast as a mountain. To match the strength of the supporters, Nie Huaisang will need to be strong in both body and mind.

Sect. Leader Nie could be easily found on the practice field, so Wei Wuxian wasted no time in coming to visit him. He yells, "Sect. Leader Nie, may I have a moment?"

Instructing his soldiers to continue without him for a minute, Nie Mingjue then turns to face Wei Wuxian and meets him halfway. He makes a joke, saying, "Young Master Wei, I hope you haven't given up on my brother just yet."

"No, I'm here to request that Persimmon send Brother Huaisang and I out of the confound so that I can train him without interruption."  Added Wei Wuxian.

"I'm hoping you two won't waste this time fooling around." Wei Wuxian gets a glare from Nie Mingjue. " You wouldn't be the first to trick me like that," he said.

Wei Wuxian grinned and added, "Unfortunately for Brother Huaisang, he wouldn't even have a moment to screw around once I get him outside of these gates.

Nie Mingjue grins in appreciation of his comments and asks, "So how long are you going to be gone for?"

"Brother Huaisang will unfortunately need to be trained from scratch since he has never done this before, but three months should be more than enough time to reinforce discipline in him."

"Three months?" Nie Mingjue questioned as his eyes widened. "How are you going to carry this out?"

"By keeping an eye on him the entire time and not sleeping a wink," Wei Wuxian smirks.

...

Wei Wuxian and Nie Huaisang were carrying satchels that had only food and water and were clothed simply as disciples, but they were aware that this wouldn't be enough for the three months they would be spending in the wilderness. They crossed Qinghe's mountain train as they walked.

"How far away, Brother Xian?" Nie Huaisang grumbled as his breath became uncontrollable and his legs began to tremble.

"Until we reach a mountain's peak."  Responding is Wei Wuxian. When he noticed that Nie Huaisang was now literally crawling, he made the decision that "but we will stop here for the night."

Nie Huaisang stumbles to his knees first before resting face down in the sand and pebbles. He inquires, "Brother Xian, do you think this is too much?  I'm a hopeless case. I suggest you give up on me right now."

Wei Wuxian beams as he gathers sticks and logs to build a fire for the evening. Wei Wuxian adds, "Well, I suppose if that is what you want, but just know that you will never get to have these." as he removes one of the warrior fans from its casing and fanned himself while sitting on the ground resting on a boulder.

When Nie Huaisang looked up, he was startled to see Wei Wuxian's hand holding a stunning fan. It was painted with patterns that matched those on his favorite fan and was colored a rich, dark blue. There appeared to be a sharp edge on the fan's rim that, if touched, would stab you. Nie Huaisang knew he had to have it since it was so gorgeous!

Nie Huaisang, "Xian, my brother!"  He questioned, "Where did you obtain that fan?!"

Wei Wuxian, "I and your Nie Black Smiths built them for you. Where do you suppose I've been the last week?"

In order to have a better look at the fan that had recently shone in the firelight, Nie Huaisang stood up from where he was sitting and leaned forward. He inquired, "When can I have them?"

"Fans of duel wielding warriors are distinct from both sword and saber fans so once your training is complete. You will need to learn discipline, which I know you haven't yet, and I will have to train you from scratch." Added Wei Wuxian.

Nie Huaisang squints slightly. " What am I to use for practice if I'm not allowed to have them?" he queries.

Wei Wuxian removes a quiankun bag from his robes, opens it, and dumps out the contents—a hundred simple white fans—before closing the bag. "These will be used as practice. If you shatter one, don't be alarmed. I've got more." He claims.

Nie Huaisang, who was now more resolute than ever before, didn't even voice another complaint while they were again traveling the following day. They did, however, eventually make it to the mountain's summit, which offered both safety and a water source in the form of a cave. Nie Huaisang began to feel like this was torture after three exhausting days of walking.

Wei Wuxian started the training, which consisted of several days of nonstop meditation, after only one day of relaxation. However, every time Nie Huaisang broke it, Wei Wuxian would drive him onto a rock in the middle of a river while only supporting himself with one foot and a long stick held in his hands. Nie Huaisang rapidly realized he would rather meditate after breaking the meditation three times and having to stand on that rock.

Nie Huaisang could already feel a change in his core after a full week of nonstop meditation. As it intensified, Nie Huaisang once more found himself on that foolish rock doing the same thing while complaining, but this time he was also meditating on it. Wei Wuxian once more forced him perform handstands on THAT DUMB ROCK if he broke it. He was about to snap.

After spending five days meditating while balancing on that rock, Wei Wuxian joined him on the water on his own separate rock, directly across from Nie Huaisang only wearing trousers.

Wei Wuxian instructed Nie Huaisang to follow suit while just wearing his trousers. He didn't know why, but he soon discovered the answer when Wei Wuxian brought his own long stick and engaged Nie Huaisang in a duel, sending the latter into the river.

After a few days of this, Nie Huaisang was no longer able to practice Inedia for extended periods of time after only taking brief breaks for food and rest. Wei Wuxian would demonstrate how to hold a warrior fan to Nie Huaisang on the ground when they were dualing on the river's rocks. He took practice fans with him. Nie Huaisang was taught the postures and hand gestures by Wei Wuxian, but he picked them up quickly and was able to carry two fans while performing the forms in just a few days.

Nie Huaisang spotted Wei Wuxian performing the forms they would practice with the fans while returning to the rocks. He swiftly switched his forms from saber to fans and was able to keep up with Wei Wuxian. When Nie Huaisang finally managed to match Wei Wuxian after a few days of continuing to be knocked into the water, the dual that day ended in a tie.

Nie Huaisang had to learn how to engage in hand-to-hand combat from Wei Wuxian as well, occasionally using a stick that was too short to be utilized as a dagger. Nie Huaisang questioned him on why he needed to know this, not understanding the situation.

Wei Wuxian grinned before throwing the stick to the side and giving Nie Huaisang two of the fans from the quiankun bag. He challenges Nie Huaisang, "Come at me with all you got, don't even hesitate to hurt me."

Nie Huaisang did his wide stand with his fans waiting, confused but still motivated. Wei Wuxian assumed the standard fighting stance and waved one hand for Nie Huaisang to attack. After charging toward Wei Wuxian, Nie Huaisang made touch with him. To gain an edge by being higher up, he leaped into the air, but Wei Wuxian was prepared and stepped back, allowing Nie Huaisang to land in front of him. Wei Wuxian grabbed Nie Huaisang's wrist and used his other hand to have a firm hold on his arm, but Nie Huaisang wasn't deterred and swung out his left fan to stab Wei Wuxian in the stomach.

Nie Huaisang dropped the fan he was holding in his left hand after being sufficiently pressured by Wei Wuxian.

Nie Huaisang grunted in discomfort but didn't want to give up, so he turned his body in an awkward posture so that Wei Wuxian still grabbed his arm. Nie Huaisang was able to pivot just enough to swing his right fan and strike Wei Wuxian in the face, but Wei Wuxian released his hold on Nie Huaisang's arm and reached for his right wrist, applying enough pressure to make Nie Huaisang drop the fan as well.

With Wei Wuxian standing behind him, it appeared as though they were in an embrace as Nie Huaisang was now pressed to Wei Wuxian's chest with his arms clasped around his own chest. Wei Wuxian lifted Nie Huaisang off the ground, pushed them both backward, and then struck Nie Huaisang in the back of the head with the ground.

When Nie Huaisang let go of Wei Wuxian and simply curled up on the ground, he groaned in agony. Nie Huaisang was left on the ground rolling in anguish as Wei Wuxian left him there and backflipped his way to his feet.

"You should practice hand-to-hand combat because of this. You would be in danger if you lost your fans if you were in a scuffle with, let's say, a Wen," Wei Wuxian explains.

He stretched out on his back finally. Looking up, Nie Huaisang gives Wei Wuxian a stern look. He sobs, "Did you have to genuinely hurt me."

the"And what? Treat you like a hopeless baby for the entire training?"  Wei Wuxian questioned with a raised eyebrow. " No way! You would be killed if the fight turned deadly. Since you would already be dead, you would even have time to whine!" Huaisang sighed in agreement with Wei Wuxain but said nothing further. Wei Wuxian and Nie Huaisang recovered and resumed their training.

Wei Wuxian, who had through a trying three months, witnessed a newly Nie Huaisang, who was only wearing his pants, was performing the warrior fan forms flawlessly while standing on that rock in the middle of the river while holding two practice fans in his hands. Nie Huaisang used his newly developed core strength to focus on the fans before sending a powerful wind that quickly felled a few trees that were growing along the riverbank. He had finished his training.

"Move here, please!" Nie Huaisang is called by Wei Wuxina.

Nie Huaisang leaps off the rock and lands safely in front of Wei Wuxian on the ground while turning to face his master and best friend. Nie Huaisang is given a wooden box by Wei Wuxian, who grinned as he did so. As Nie Huaisang dropped the practice fans and reached for the box, the air in his neck grew chilly. He excitedly opened the box slowly to discover his twin dualing warrior fans inside.

""What are you going to call them?"  asked Wei Wuxian.

Nie Huaisang grins and responds. "It's Tengtong," he replies.

Wei Wuxian started laughing and inquired, "Pain?"

"Because getting these fans was a pain in the butt." Explained by Nie Huaisang.

...

They didn't need to stop as often because Nie Huaisang was more than willing to return home, so their trip back to the Unclean Realm compound took less time this time. One of the disciples who were on duty when they arrived at the gates spotted them.

He yelled to those on the opposite side, "Second Young Master! Second Young Master Nie and Young Master Wei are back!" He screams.

Everyone was rushing to get the gates open. A Sevenant went to  Sect Leader Nie to tell him the good news. Nie Mingjue and Meng Yao were looking through paperwork in the office when a servant busted open the door without even knocking. Nie Mingjue didn't even have an opportunity to get angry about this because he could tell from the smirk on the servant's face that something was up before even being told.

After standing up, he hurried to the entrance of the compound where he saw Nie Huaisang and Wei Wuxian entering. He immediately observed the difference in his younger sibling; Nie Huaisang appeared more self-assured, and the astonishing manner he held himself. The new fan in his brother's palm caught his attention, but Nie Huaisang didn't hide behind it because it appeared to be a weapon more than an accessory.

In front of Nie Mingjue, Nie Huaisang and Wei Wuxian both came to a stop. Together, they bowed and pronounced "Sect. Leader Nie."

Nie Mingjure shouted, "Someone fetch me my saber!" as his eyes twitched with eagerness and annoyance.

Nie Huaisang furrows his brows, signaling that his brother desired a duel right this second. Wei Wuxian grinned and moved aside, foreseeing this eventuality. Meng Yao approached Nie Mingjue and gave him his saber.

Baxia's hilt was thrown away as Nie Mingjure snatched it. When Nie Mingjue took a position, Nie Huaisang reached into his robes and pulled out a fan that was the same as the one he was currently holding. When Nie Huaisang flicked them open, the daggers inside were released, and he took his own stands. prepared to meet his brother.

Nie Huaisang dispatched his daggers soaring at his brother after Nie Mingjue made the initial rush towards his younger brother. All of the flying blades were stopped by Nie Mingjue, save for one that cut his cheek. When Nie Huaisang and Nie Mingjue were close together, Nie Mingjue raised his saber over his head and prepared to swing down on Nie Huaisang, but Nie Huaisang raised his left fan and caught the tip of Baxia, preventing it from falling any further. Nie Huaisang then used his right fan to snatch the saber from his brother's grasp and throw Baxia off into the distance, and before Nie Mingjue could blink,

Nie Mingjue felt astonished. Meng Yao was in disbelief. Silence filled the entire complex. Wei Wuxian grinned proudly. Finally, the audience started to applaud. In order to silence them, Nie Huaisang drops his fans by his side. With a wide grin on his face, Nie Mingjue stands up straight. Nobody ever believed he was capable of what he accomplished. Nie Mingjue kowtow to his brother and gets down on his knees.

"I apologize to A-Sang for all the nasty things I have said to and about you in public."  Says Nie Mingjue.

Only Nie Huaisang and Wei Wuxian were still standing when all the servants and disciples eventually followed suit and bowed to their young master slowly. Nie Huaisang turns to face his delighted friend. After the initial shock had subsided, Nie Huaisang bowed before Wei Wuxain, his master, and his closest friend.

Wei Wuxian and Nie Huaisang were side by side in front of an alter later that day as the sun was sinking and they were making an offering to the gods up above. They made a bow before the sky and vowed to stick together as sworn brothers going forward.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 965 16
In a world where humans and demons have long been tangled in a deep-rooted conflict and skepticism towards each other, Wei Wuxian - a child born from...
36.6K 2.1K 12
When Wei Ying removed his hand from Lan Zhan hand, he look up at Lan Zhan, he can see the hurt, the sadness and how devastated Lan Zhan is when he se...
37.5K 1.2K 12
Warning! Contains abuse, manipulation and dark/pitch black lan wangji. Wei ying came back through blood and it's not like he wanted to. There was on...
65.5K 1.9K 8
He stares into the eyes of the man he loves with his heart and his soul but he couldn't keep on letting him destroy what he loves in this world... He...