Best Familiar Ever

By drippy_boiz

Louise is worried that she won't be able to summon anything when she tries to summon her familiar. She think... More

Chapter 2 - Prove Your Worth
Chapter 3 - Rivals And Maids
Chapter 4 - A Huntsman's Duty
Chapter 5 - This Is A Robbery
Chapter 6 - Staff Of Destruction
Chapter 7 - Louise Are You Drunk?
Chapter 8 - Real Love Or Fake Love
Chapter 9 - Maid Me Like You
Chapter 10 - Road Trip
Chapter 11 - Dragon Vs War
Chapter 12 - A Surprisingly Quiet Voice
Chapter 13 - Confidence Building
Chapter 14 - Can We Keep Them?

Chapter 1 - The Summon

4.7K 66 19
By drippy_boiz

Hi, here I am to make a shitty story.

The way I'm going to do this is the guy being summoned is a student from Beacon in RWBY who died during the attack in volume 3. Better I explain if I ever publish this. This ain't that self insert thing, you can read it that way if you want, but I'm not doing it.

Anyway, let's get started.

____________________________________________

"How the fuck did it get like this?"

A young man is seen running through the halls of a school that trains Hunters. It was known as Beacon academy. Was because it's currently being destroyed.

He made it outside and the first thing he saw was the walls of the canteen broken to pieces. Inside he saw a man was fighting someone who was sort of familiar to him.

"That's Blake. Can't leave her on her own with no help."

He ran over taking his swords out.

Aaaaand pause.

You're probably very confused and I understand that.

Let me tell you a bit about this guy.

His name is Damien. No last name. He never had one and doesn't care although it has caused issues with identifying himself.

He's a 2nd year student at Beacon Academy. He was about average height, short black hair, green eyes and was wearing light armour on his chest, arms and legs.
His weapons were a pair of swords that could connect to create a double sided sword. He was heavily inspired by Star Wars.

Now you know who he is. Let's move on.

He connected the two swords and ran in towards the guy giving Blake a hard time.

The guy pushed her away and blocked a strike from Damien.

"Stay out of my way."

"Make me asshole."

They kept clashing swords and this guy was pushing Damien back. What everyone failed to notice was the weird glowing marks on the ground that Damien was backing up into.

Damien missed a strike which gave the guy and opportunity to hit him a number of times before stabbing him straight in the chest.
He pulled the sword out and Damien backed up.

"... Oh..."

Without a word, he fell back onto the ground where those odd markings were.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This was it. This was the day.

This was the day she was going to do it.

She was going to use her magic right and prove everyone in the school wrong. Everyone in this school will know that they were wrong to think she was talentless, that she couldn't do magic to save her life.

"You're going to summon a familiar today. Not an easy task, but for you." She smirked while looking herself in the mirror. "That's child's play."

She was going to summon the best familiar ever.

Pause.

This was Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière. Just Louise to make it easier.

She's a young girl currently in her second year of a school for those capable of magic. It teaches those how to use it in different ways and all that.

Louise is a rather small girl, just smaller than average with pink hair and pink eyes. She's very pink.

She wears the typical school uniform with a black cloak to signify being a second year student.
Unfortunately, not many believe she deserves to even be a first year as she's not able to properly use magic.
She can use it, but her magic tends to blow up in her face. Literally.

Resume.

She turned from her desk where her mirror is. She checks she has everything and once she's certain nothing has been forgotten, she steps out of the room.

She ignores anyone that says anything about her today. She won't let anyone get to her today, not while her spirits are so high. She can summon a great familiar. She will summon a great familiar.

"You've got this Louise." She told herself as she made her way to her first class of the day.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here it is. Moment of truth.

Here she stands, the last student in her year to summon a familiar. She blocks out all the insults being hurled at her that the teacher clearly doesn't care to stop and focuses.

All she has to do is cast the spell to summon her familiar, then she can brag to the whole school that she has the strongest familiar.

Assuming she summons one at all.

She grows worried as nothing seems to be happening. She was about to try and reposition herself thinking she maybe just make a minor mistake in her stance or something, when out of know where her spell just exploded. Bigger than it normally does.

She looks to see dust had kicked up.

Actually, that didn't seem like an explosion. It was more like something just impacted with the ground. Something large and heavy. Something.... Monstrous.

Did she do it? Did she summon something huge? Like a dragon? Oh a dragon would be so cool! One bigger than the one that Tabitha girl summoned.

She looks on in excitement waiting for the dust to clear. When it does, all her hopes and dreams came crashing down.

There was a human. Just a regular human guy.

'Are you serious? Some guy in tacky armour and a crappy looking sword? That's it? I could just hire a personal guard for that! Ugh!'

As expected, the laughs from the students around followed.

The guy looked about her age. Definitely taller than her.

He seemed to be unconscious, but was waking up.

Ok, she'll admit, the armour only has a hole in the chest piece and the sword looks decent, but still. This is her familiar?

He sat up and was up on his feet in seconds. He was taking in his surroundings and said something. She couldn't understand him at all.

Unfortunately, she can't do a reroll and she has to accept this as her familiar.
.
.
.
.
Damien woke up in an unfamiliar place. It was bright and the first thing he saw was a bright blue sky. He sat up and saw he was definitely not at Beacon anymore. He was up in seconds to look around and hopefully find something to help him understand where he is.

Around him were people around his age aside from that one old looking teacher guy. Everyone seemed to be laughing at something. He ignored that and looked to the walls that seemed to surround wherever he is.

There were gates that were clearly open, so it's not some prison, he hopes.

"Ok. First check myself. I got me, my armour, my weapons.... Yep, weapons are here, bar my guns, still don't know where they went... Scroll?" He checked his back pocket. He felt his scroll and pulled it out. Aside from a crack on the corner, it worked. "No signal... I can at least see my Aura... That's pretty much all I can do though."

He then noticed a girl with pink hair and eyes standing in front of him. He faces her and it sounds like she's saying something.
He has no idea what though.

"Uh... Sorry? I don't understand you." He tried to signal to her that he can't understand her.

He turned to check and see she was wearing the same clothes as the others. Must be a school then. A fancy one too seeing as the uniforms look pretty neat.

"Wouldn't really consider Beacon a fancy pla-MMM!"

Damien was cut off and completely caught off guard when the girl with the pink hair suddenly fucking kissed him.

'What is happening?!'

She soon pulled away thankfully and he backed up.

"What the fuck was that about?" He asked her.

She said something and he still couldn't understand her. He then felt a bit of heat on the back of his left hand. Wasn't too bad though.

"Semblance helps with that. Weird markings." He said as he looked to see these weird markings on the back of his hand.

The older guy said something and everyone seemed to disperse. The pink girl said something he still didn't understand, but she did make a motion with her hand that he understood as "follow me."

Seeing as he has no idea what else to do, he may as well follow.
.
.
.
.
.
.
What is up with this guy?

Nothing he says makes any sense.

Louise is pacing back and forth in her room. The guy she summoned was sitting on a makeshift bed she made for her familiar that was just a bit of hay.

He said something and looked sort of irritated. That annoyed her. It was irritated at her? He's at fault here for being her damn familiar.

She picked her wand up and pointed it at him. He seemed to laugh and point at her like she was making a joke or something. As if he was saying "hah! What's that gonna do?"

He'll know very soon.

She tried to use a spell to basically shut him up, but like usual it just exploded and his little corner was now smoking like a barbecue.

She was surprised however that when the smoke went away that he was unaffected by the blast. He just looked more mildly annoyed she did that if anything.
She noticed something red flicker over his whole body. Like a magic shield. Was he a knight that knew magic?

Then he spoke.

"Could have fuckin warned me that you were going to blow me up. I would have told you it's a waste of time." He said. Now she could understand him perfectly.

She must have blown up the language barrier.

"I was trying to use a spell that would prevent you from talking. Seems now we can understand eachother."

"Finally! Now I can finally start asking questions." He said relived that he could have a full on conversation with someone.

"Questions? Very well. What do you want to ask?"

"First off. Where am I and how did I get here?"

"That's simple. You are in-"

She said some long-winded name, two of them actually, refering to presumably the country and the school.

"As for how you got here. I summoned you as my familiar."

"You lost me."

"It's simple. Second year noble students get to summon a familiar. You happened to be my one."

Now Damien wasn't sure about this. Did he really want to be here?

"That sounds like a fancy word for pet." He said.

"I suppose that is what you can consider it to be." She said plainly like that was normal.

"Riiiight. So I'm not going to play to your fetish. Just tell me how to get back to Beacon and I'll be good to go."

She looked at him like she was crazy.

"Beacon? I've never heard of such a place."
.
.
.
.
.
'What does she mean by that?'

"How? It's the biggest Hunter academy on Remnant."

"Remnant? Cannot say I've heard of it."

That sent him through a loop. She hasn't heard of the fucking planet Remnant? Where the hell is he?

"Now as much as I hate it too. You are my familiar now and that cannot be changed. Now-"

She went on as Damien just was stuck in his mind.

Was he not even home now? What about Beacon? His friends? His life?..... Actually he basically had no life there, but still.

"Can you uh, gimme a second. I'm sort of having a crisis here. I just uh... I need to step out." He said getting up and walking out the door.

Louise just watched him. He seemed genuinely bothered by the fact he was in another world. Was that not a common thing to him? Something coming from another world? Happens all the time here, or so stories say.

She got up to follow him.

"He better not cause problems out there."
.
.
.
Damien walked down a flight of stairs to another floor.

"Place is pretty big. Like Beacon. Maybe this is this world's equivalent to Beacon then.... Or not. I don't know."

He passed by two students. One was vaguely familiar from this morning and the girl he never saw before.

"Evening." He said as he passed them.

"Aren't you the familiar of Louise the Zero? The peasant she summoned?" The guy he passed asked.

"Huh? Who's Louise? No, buddy I'm just uh... I need a minute outside. Just found out I'm a loooooong way from home.... See ya."

Damien continued on as Louise just got to that floor.

"Looking for your familiar? He just went by here a second ago."

Louise went after him and the guy she passed followed. This sounded amusing.

To find out if he was really home or not, he had to check one final thing.
It was midnight probably so the moon would be out.

He stepped past someone at a fountain and out these front gates. Looking up he sees the moon.

It's in one piece. Not the moon he knows.

"..... Oh shit."

He sort of just collapsed on his ass. This was all a lot to take it. He could handle it. It wasn't like he had a huge amount going for him at home, but it's still going to be a hard thing to digest.

Louise eventually caught up to him to see him sitting on the grass looking up at the moon.

Was he alright?

She got closer to him and asked him.

"Are you ok?"

"... Uh... Yeah. Yeah I'm good.... Just uh.... I really am a long way from home now.... Before I came here I was dying.... So uh, thanks? I guess?" He said remembering that guy that stabbed him.

Louise just sighed. She may have her hands full with this one.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It was the next day and Damien was walking with Louise. He learned that was her name.

Now, he's following her to classes as she's for whatever reason dragging him along.

"So. I have to join you why?" He asked.

"Because you're my familiar and students can bring familiars to classes if they choose as long as they fit in the room without problems. You fit that description well, no surprise." She answered. She then groaned. "Oh! Why did I get stuck with a plain old boring peasant for a familiar!"

Damien took that personally.

"Hey! I'm not plain, old or boring! I'm a fuck mothering Huntsman in training and I could kick the shit out of anyone here! Even that fat ass!" He said as they sat down and he pointed to a rather round student.

"Whatever. Save it for someone who will listen." She said brushing him off and not really listening.

Damien just scowled a little.

"Yeah we'll see who's listening when I really show you what I can do." He said under his breath.

The teacher walked in and started the class. The millisecond she opened her mouth Damien was asleep. Not even five minutes in Louise woke him up.

Now he was just sitting and waiting for someone to say it was the end of the class.
.
.
.
.
"You sit in that room listening to that shit for that long?"

Louise just ignored him.

"Do you have some sort of natural problem with me? You've been giving me nasty looks since I got here and I don't get why. Did I personally hurt you or something?"

She turned around on the spot, pointing her wand at him.

"You've practically made me the laughing stock of this whole school! Louise The Zero summons a peasant for a familiar! Perfect! Just perfect! You could have been a dragon or a huge monster or something that could show everyone I'm worth being here, but no, I get you!"

"I am definitely better than a damn lizard! Also, is everyone in this school brain-dead? Who laughs at the girl that can and will blow you the fuck up with magic?!"

She gave up and just turned to walk off.

Eventually they get to her room. She seemed to not like how he's talking back to her. This is proven when she reached into a drawer to grab something.

"... That's not your wand." He raised his hand to catch what was swung at his face. "Again. Not into your fetishes."

She swung a fucking whip at him.

Why does she have this?

"Why do you actually have this?" He asked.

She was surprised he caught it, but she shook it away and just dropped it.

"Look. I need time to think on my own. I have work to do and I'm better working in silence. So..." She grabbed a basket full of clothes and handed it to him. "Can you please make yourself useful in some way and clean these?"

He sighed and reluctantly took it. He didn't want to, but he needs to get away from her for a bit before he burns the place down.

"Fine. I hope you don't have a time limit for this because I do not care enough."

Damien left the room and was glad to be back with the silence. He made his way to where he saw a small fountain on a wall. He definitely saw someone cleaning clothes in it so that's perfect for this job.
.
.
.
.
.
"Son of an emerald whore! I'm not a Goddamn butler! I'm a fuckin huntsman, in training, I fight shit I don't clean shit!"

"Are you having trouble sir?"

"Yes! I am!"

Damien looked to see a girl in a maid outfit with short black hair that went to her neck.

"Sorry. Just a lot has been going on and this pink girl is annoying the shit out of me and just... It's a lot. Names Damien." He held out his hand to greet her.

She shook his hand and smiled.

"Siesta. Nice to meet you Sir Damien." She greeted him.

"Uh. Just Damien is fine. Don't know where the Sir part came from."

"Oh, well I just assumed since you were a familiar of the noble Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière, you were an important person." Siesta said.

".... That's her full name? Yeah I'm just goin with Louise. And uh, no I'm not important like that. Anyway, I won't keep you. Probably busy. Have a good night." He said gathering all the stuff he has and walking off.

Siesta watched as he left.

"He's odd, but he's nice." She said and then went in to do her usual stuff.
.
.
.
.
.
Damien managed to get back before Louise went to bed. She told him to wake her up early in the morning. So, here he stands poking her face to wake her up.

"Wake up woman. Don't bitch about it you asked me to do this."

She groaned.

"Mmm. Why so early?" She whined.

"Because you said, and I quote, ahem "Familiar, tomorrow morning you will wake me up early in the morning to get ready for the day of classes." And now here we are." Damien explained.

She managed to drag herself off the bed. She then looked to him like she was expecting something.

"Well? Where's my clothes?"

"Where you keep them." He answered simply.

She gave him a deadpanned look.

"You're supposed to get them for me."

"I am? Since when?" He was confused now.

"Since always! A familiar is supposed to help their master prepare every morning for the day ahead!"

"Alright! Fine. One second."

Damien went to grab her stuff like uniform and other stuff he won't mention and put them on the bed.

"There."

She then unbuttoned her shirt she slept in and held her arms out.

"Is this a ritual or something?"

She grew annoyed again.

"You're supposed to dress me."

"Oh ok I beg your pardon?" He was now truly done.

"A familiar needs to help their master be ready for the day as I said. That includes helping them get dressed." She growled. "Now dress me."

"Absolutely fucking not. Unless you're physical incapable of doing that yourself, I am not dressing you." He turned and left the room.

She sighed.

"He has no idea what he's even doing." She said before getting dressed.

Damien was just left to think to himself.

'What have I gotten myself into.'

____________________________________________

Chapter 1 done. Probably shit, but whatever. I liked it.

Anyway, imma go. Peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 159 18
People from class 1-A has been sucked into the universe of low and behold Paris where the two known Ladybug and Chat Noir are. Let's see how well the...
109 9 10
A supreme being was summoned by a Little Girl. A man who was once human turned into an emotionless Conqueror. Will he Regain his senses? Will he lear...
556K 29.7K 100
Because of unknown reasons, the overpowered Kusuo Saiki suddenly appeared in a world that has people with supernatural abilities called quirks. Saiki...
133 32 5
Well, it is exactly what the title says! Elara has been unfortunate and unlucky lately. She certainly didn't expect the consequences that could befal...