Only Time Will Tell - A Peaky...

By LozzaSturgessX

Casandra Shelby, or 'Cass', is the oldest female Shelby sibling. She was born in between Tommy and Ada, meani... More

Intro
Prelude - They day they came home
Chapter 1 - Readjusting
Chapter 2 - Choices can cause problems
Chapter 3 - Rumours and truths
Chapter 4 - Family meeting
Chapter 5 - Nightmares
Chapter 6 - Pain and regret
Chapter 7 - Secrets and promises
Chapter 8 - On the mend
Chapter 9 - Fun days and harsh nights
Chapter 10 - Royal fires
Chapter 11 - Stale shock
Chapter 12 - Lone bullet
Chapter 13 - Stirring the pot
Chapter 14 - Heart of stone
Chapter 15 - Curse
Chapter 16 - Billy Kimber
Chapter 17 - Side effects
Chapter 18 - Numb
Chapter 19 - Illness
Chapter 20 - Backlash
Chapter 21 - Smartest in the room
Chapter 22 - Surprise?
Chapter 23 - Disappointment from all sides
Chapter 24 - Grief without death
Chapter 25 - Rising anger
Chapter 26 - What a mess
Chapter 27 - Opening up
Chapter 28 - Battle prep
Chapter 29 - Plans change
Chapter 30 - What happens in battle, stays in battle
Chapter 31 - Decisions
AN
~~~~~
Prelude - Birthday wishes
Chapter 1 - Explosive ends
Chapter 2 - Expansion plans
Chapter 3 - Some fucking holiday
Chapter 4 - Never drinking again
Chapter 5 - Telegrams and beatings
Chapter 6 - Boat trip
Chapter 7 - Alfred, as in Alfred Solomons
Chapter 8 - Polly's present
Chapter 9 - A literal fucking animal
Chapter 10 - Grand indeed
Chapter 11 - Welcome home, Michael
Chapter 13 - Finally
Chapter 14 - Beautiful moments
Chapter 15 - Bosses and their rules
Chapter 16 - Feeling the love
Chapter 17 - All the bitter, just not the sweet
Chapter 18 - Win win, bang bang
Chapter 19 - Confessions and decisions
Chapter 20 - Making the best of a bad situation
Chapter 21 - Worried for nothing
Chapter 22 - Michael's birthday
Chapter 23 - Friendly supporting alcoholism
Chapter 24 - Shouldn't be surprised
Chapter 25 - Ideas turn into plans
Chapter 26 - Self love comes from self doubt
Chapter 27 - Realisation
Chapter 28 - Plans in motion
Chapter 29 - Relief
Chapter 30 - Reunited and it feels so good
Chapter 31 - Good news, bad news
Chapter 32 - Family growth
Chapter 33 - A lifetime worth of pain
Chapter 34 - Empty
Chapter 35 - First signs of healing
Author's Note - Sorry!!

Chapter 12 - Camden Town

1.7K 38 1
By LozzaSturgessX

Stepping off the train made Cassie's heart thump with anticipation. Her eyes darted to every figure before they landed on the icy blue eyes that belonged to her Alfred. He was wearing a simple white shirt, brown trousers, a black jacket, and his hat. She releases her breath, which she didn't realise she was holding, and makes her way over to him with a smile.

"How was the journey, love?" Alfie asks as he takes her bag off her and swaps it for a large bunch of flowers, making her smile. "Worth it, I hope." Cass replies with a cheeky grin. "I hope so too." Alfie says, matching her smile. "Right, come on. I have the whole day planned." He then says, placing his spare hand on her lower back as he guides her towards the exit. "Wow, a whole day with Alfie Solomons. I must be special." Cass teases. "That you are, love." Alfie says as they get to his car.

~

"Right, this is our first stop." Alfie says as the car comes to a halt. "First? How many stops are there going to be today?" Cass asks. "Ah, that would spoil the surprise, love." Alfie replies with a wink, making her blush. He then proceeds to climb out of the car, make his way to her side, and help her out. Cass looks around to see a beautiful park. As if such beauty could be found in the middle of London. Cassie is in awe.

The couple start to walk, Alfie leading the way. "So, is this what you usually do on dates?" Cass asks with a slight bounce in her walk. "Not really." Alfie replies with a shrug. This leaves Cass curious, but she would hate to know what he actually does. "How about you?" He asks her, side glancing towards her. "I don't go on dates." Cass says. "What makes me so different, then?" Alfie says, suddenly more intrigued. "I guess you'll have to wait to find out." Cass says cheekily, making him chuckle. "Alright then." He says with a smile as they continue to walk.

~

After a short walk in the park, Alfie took Cass to the cinema - which he had fully booked out so they had some privacy - before taking her back to the hotel room he had sorted for her. He told her to change into something nice and that he would be back at 7 to pick her up.

Cass immediately got to work. She had an amazing bath in the beautiful claw foot tub before smoothing her skin over with the expensive lotion Polly brought her last Christmas. It smelled like roses, which she loved. She then brightened her face up with some make-up and pinned her hair in a half up half down style before slipping her dress on over her head. It was emerald green with beaded embellishments and silver sequins.

She made her way over to the full-length mirror on the back of the door, smiling when she sees her reflection. Cass hasn't felt this pretty in a very long time, and it feels like the walls around her heart had begun to break down.

It was soon 7pm, and right on the dot there was a knock on the door. Cass opened it with a smile, her eyes widening when she saw Alfie's appearance. He was now wearing a grey three-piece suit which fit him perfectly. He had cleaned up his beard and no longer smelled like rum. Cass's heart practically glowed at the sight of him. He had dressed up just for her, and she definitely wasn't going to take it for granted.

"Ready to go, love?" He asks with a smirk. He had watched her for about two minutes as she stared at him in awe and couldn't help but chuckle. "Yes, let me just get my coat." Cass replies, shrugging her jacket over her shoulders before locking the door and following him out of the building.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.5K 38
Georgina Shelby is the oldest Shelby sibling. She has always protected her family with everything she had. When the boys where away to war, she took...
191K 3.3K 23
The sister of Freddie Thorne and the best friend of John Shelby attracts the attention of the leader of the Peaky Blinders. Will he be able to protec...
111K 1.7K 38
Nancy Shelby. She is the heart of the Shelby family. At just 7 years old, she seems to be the only person who can make Thomas Shelby smile a real smi...
248K 5.9K 54
A party was held the day twins were born to the Shelby family. John Micheal and Dorthea Lily were the pride and joy for a short time, well until they...