The Prestige Club (TPC)# 1: G...

Beyondtheclosedeyes द्वारा

"The normal world has no room for exceptions and always quietly eliminates foreign objects. Anyone who is lac... अधिक

Note
Preface
Characters Inspiration
1|of failed meetings
2|of favourite sweets
3|of past fear
4|of bad image
5|of marriage & deals
6|of ground rules
7|of mess & doom
9|of dramatic turns
10|of concerns and hearts
11|of date night
12|of mirror selfie & driving class
13|of heart flutters and aches
14|of weddings and feelings
15|of unsaid words and secrets
16|of glamming it up
17|of past and present
18|of acceptance and attacks
19|of talks and peace
20|The stalker talk
21|All in
22|One step ahead
Epilogue
The Prestige Club#2: In the Abyss

8|of connected contract

284 32 1
Beyondtheclosedeyes द्वारा

<( ̄︶ ̄)>

"OUR Ayaan sure knows how to get attention". Akbar teases, "First all those women in scandals". Her temporary husband grumbles, "Now a beautiful woman who is married to him in secret".

Her husband's hand wrapped around her hand. He tugged her a little close to him and she watches how all three people in front of her were watching that little interaction keenly.

"I am not involved with any of those women in rumors. Don't put things in my wife's head". Ayaan replied

Akbar snickers, "Your wife probably saw all of those scandals before she even got married to you. She must know those were just rumours".

She can't speak. Not when her eyes are locked with Romaisa. The woman was evergreen. Her eyes were so dark when she stared at her. It was as if she was challenging her. Yet, she was leaning on her temporary husband who had his arms wrapped around her. The softness that carries in the simple touch was visible on them. Even her temporary husband's eyes were accessing her. Though, Romaisa's eyes seem more like someone who knows her secret and that causes her body to stiffen.

For someone like Romaisa she must have seen the way her body changed because the smirk that appeared on her lips only confirms that they both understand that Romaisa has something on her hands and it was not good.

"My love?" Her temporary husband whispers in her ear, "Relax. She doesn't know anything". She does, she wants to scream at him, "You are selling yourself".

She gulped when Romaisa moved away from her husband's hand and she watched how immediately Kabir went into defensive mode. Kabir's eyes start to take care of any danger and his shoulders stiffen to prevent any harm that can come to his wife.

"Aaira". Romaisa said nonchalantly yet she can see the way her name rolls out of her, it was as if she could peel off her facade, "Isn't it lovely to see you".

"You are so beautiful". She blurted out and immediately closed her eyes, "Sorry. I am just excited to see you in person".

"Are you?" Romaisa said smirking, and she nodded, "I guess that makes one of us".

"Romaisa". Kabir warned as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to him and immediately he relaxed by having his wife in his hands, "Please excuse us and enjoy your night".

She watches the three people walk away and she felt her breathing shorten at the way Romaisa gaze made her skin crawl. The woman was dangerous and if she found out about her past it would be worse. She doesn't need anyone to know.

She tried to breathe and to stabilize her situation because of the people around. She don't want to cause a scene yet her panic attack was kicking in. From the outside, she was sure no one could see it unless they were paying close attention.

"Aaira". He called, as his arms wrapped around her waist, with a hand behind her head he brings her head to his chest hiding her face from everyone, "Breath, love. I am here with you. It's ok".

She closes her eyes willing herself to calm down just as her therapist taught her. After about five minutes she managed to calm down and he didn't once let go of her. His hand, however, were moving in her hair, back and hand trying to calm her down. He didn't say anything more as he let her have a moment in the middle of this function.

She leans back, looking at him and he turns his head gazing down at her. He move a strand of her hair away from her face as his lips curve on the side, "Good?"

She nodded, sighing, "I am sorry. It's just-".

"No excuses". He said, turning her around for the people, "Now smile and play along so we can end this day soon".

That exactly what she did. From all the things she read, saw and movies she tried putting her energy in looking like they are in love.

From constantly holding hands and if one of them let go, the other will hold the hand again and it was mostly him. When she was sat down with the ladies for Mehndi, he was standing a little away gazing at her. The first chance he got to reach her when the seat beside her was empty, he immediately placed himself there. Since her hands were filled with Henna, he instead proceeded to hold the side of her dress, discreetly, but there wasn't discreet for her because she felt the tingle all the way.

Similarly, when she was struggling to handle the flap of her dress that was not cooperating and she didn't want to get the dress dirty by any means. It cost a fortune. That was when her temporary husband held the flap asking her to stand from her seat which was also hard because she had been sitting for so long, her body was numb at this point. While she stumbles a little, he immediately wraps his arms around her waist to steady her. Then, he wrapped the flap properly around her tying a knot on the side so it won't become a problem.
It wasn't in play or maybe it was but he got a hair clip and proceeded to tie her hair back so they didn't irritate her.

"Do you want to take your heel off?" He whispers to her while he continues to sit so close to her

Even when she tries to create a little distance he will move to her side and the distance will vanish, again. It's been happening for hours now.

"I can't take them off". She gritted her teeth

Her hands were filled with Henna and she can't just remove the heel in the middle of a function arranged for her.

She thinks he rolled his eyes at her reply and mumbled something, "I never asked if you can remove it". Then he went to his knees in front of her and everything got quiet

She felt her breathing hitched when he placed her foot on his lap removing the heel off her feet. His hand brushed against her feet and she was sure it stayed there longer than a moment. That has to be intentional. She couldn't even move her eyes away from him. He looks handsome. More than handsome. He looks exotic not even his grumpy behavior can hide his features. Instead his grumpiness only made it impossible to keep her heart still.

He turns his eyes to look at her causing her breathing to hitch. She tries to act normal or unaffected by his affection yet she couldn't. She never saw a man like him. Even with the fakeness this was beyond her.

"You are just proving your feet fetish". She blurted

Anything to get away from him. She saw his eyes narrowing at her words like he sees through her words. He place her feet back on the floor and cover it with her lehenga. He watches her for a moment before someone calls him and he went away.

She took a deep breath watching his back and she turns to look around when her eyes meets his mother's. She was grinning so much looking at her. The happiness was visible on her face and she looks behind to Romaisa who continues to glare at her. She gulped looking down at her hands and then at everyone. They were all smiling and laughing like a true family. No one looks stressed or forced to put on a display even with the camera around them. It didn't seem to bother them.

"Aaira". She heard someone say and she turns to Kabir who sits beside her, "How are you doing?"

She couldn't talk. She was far emotional to sit between a real family. To feel like a part of something. To be appreciated for just existing without putting any efforts and without any expectations. They all treated her the best and she was faking it all.

"They tend to have that effect on everyone". Kabir said with a tiny smile, "Are you ok?"

The way he asked her that trigger the memories. Maybe he knows about attack? Maybe he found something? Did his wife told him?

"Don't overthink on your happiness". Kabir said grinning when his eyes found his daughter, "If you are happy in the moment just live in it. Forget about the past or what will future bring you. Don't let anything ruin your today, ok?"

"Why?"

"I found my family very late. I found that my past was always ruining my present. I was busy trying to create a future that wasn't like my past that I didn't stop to consider the present I had. Don't waste your time. If you are happy let it be. Don't overthink it".

"What if I hurt innocent people?"

"Are you intentionally doing it?" Kabir asked, "Or are you enjoying it? Do you want to hurt them?" She shakes her head as her eyes became misty, "Then there is no reason for right people to not understand where you were standing.

"Thank you". She whispers to Kabir who nodded, and her eyes meet Ayaan who frowns at the look in her eyes

Immediately he separates from the people around him and walks straight toward her. She didn't even realize that Kabir went away until Ayaan had his arms around her, without words, as he held her to him.

"Did someone say something to make you sad?" He whispers as he places his head on her shoulder and his hands set on her lower back sending waves of shivers through her

She shakes her head. She enjoys his comfort for some time when she heard the ladies calling her. She moves away from him toward Zainab who was looking at her funny. She felt her heart spike at the thought of Zainab finding something on her.

"Is something wrong?" She asked, once she was closer to her

Zainab sighs, "Your manager spoke to me".

She frowns, "Yeah. I am sorry about that I told her not to do this".

Zainab waves her off, "I just want to let you know. I told her that's not how I work and I was sure that wasn't how you work. Or you would have come to me already".

She smiles, at the trust she has in her, "Thank you".

"Don't worry about it".

"The food is open so you should head over".

She nodded realizing that she hadn't eaten for a long time now. She quickly heads towards the place and everyone helps her with the dishes. However, she stops at the sweets section when she doesn't find Barfi. The disappointment was clear on her face and her excitement vanished.

The event ended on a good note and it was a show when Inaya told her son that Aaira wasn't going back to his home. Instead, for the next day, she will be living in his childhood house and room.

What did Ayaan do? He threw a fit at how that was ridiculous and of no importance. That he wants to take her back. To the point that Zainab dragged her away and men dragged him away.

She swims in the pool in the basement loving how warm the water is against her skin. She learned to swim when she was going on a trip overseas. She wanted to swim. When she went swimming it was just to learn, afterward, she fell in love with it.

"You are enjoying yourself". She heard someone say and she shrieks turning to find her temporary husband leaning over the edge and looking at her, "A little too much".

She looks at him, shocked, "What are you doing here?"

She was glad she wore full-length clothes because she didn't want to risk anything in his home and enough make-up. Still, her white T-shirt clings to her body showing off her every curve.

She watches his eyes darkening as he seems to realize the same thing. He throws a towel at her.

"What's with you and a pool?"

She huffs, taking the towel as she starts to move to the other side to get out of the pool. She didn't see his long stride towards the other side as she stands towering over her. He forwards his hand to her and she grumbles before taking his hand. The second her hand was in his hand she felt the shoot of electric current flow through her. He pulls her out with a little jerk and she stumbles onto him.

She raises her eyes looking at him. He was gazing down at her. He move his hand firmly around her waist halting her upright against him, not caring that his expensive suit was getting wet. She blinks when the water from her hair enters her vision and tries to wiggle her hand out of his grip, but he didn't let her.

Instead, very slowly, he raises his hand and his thumb wipes away the water over her eyes moving down to her cheeks and ending on her neck as he flexes his strong finger behind her head.

Her breathing hitched.

"You never told me". He whispers in the cold night, "Why do you like the swimming pool?"

She blinks, rearing her mind to work, "It fascinates me. Especially because I like swimming and took classes for them. But, I can't swim without people's judgment on what I am wearing and what I am not wearing. I don't like knowing people are zooming in on my body part to look how thick I got or something, you know".

He frowns, confusion visible in his eyes and a linger of anger, "No, I don't. Explain".

She leans into his warmth because remembering people's opinions about her sometimes gets to her.

She sighed, "I was planning a vacation where there were beaches. I had no swimming expertise before that, so I took classes. I was so excited because it was my first vacation in years". His thumb brushed over her cheeks creating a fuzzing feeling, "I went on vacation and swam. What I didn't know was that people took videos". She wince and his eyes narrowed, "I mean for some they weren't a big deal when I reported and I can't take them all away, it comes with my job description".

"What was in those videos?" His voice was hard and she shivers at his touch on her naked shoulder, "Tell me".

She closes her eyes, remembering how she never ever swam after watching those and took a flight back home.

"They were inappropriate. They were focused on different parts of my body. Even when the swimwear was hiding them. The comments were horrible. Some of my weight gain. Some on how I am fitna and whatnot". She doesn't want to repeat everything

"That's why you prefer an indoor pool".

She shakes her head, "No. This is the first time in years I have gone near a pool. It's the fact that no one will photograph me here. Even in an indoor pool at a hotel, apartment, or anywhere there is always someone watching and clicking pictures". She shudders, "I cherish my privacy at least. Where I can be alone and myself. I haven't gotten much of it for a very long time now".

He closes his eyes, pulling her face closer to him as he whispers, "You have me now. I will be damned if I ever let anyone hurt or invade your privacy. I never once thought of killing anyone in my life and now I am having second guesses at wanting to find those people who took your videos just so I can give them a taste of their medicine, my love". He opens his eyes, looking through her, "I will be there and I promise you will never have an issue with anyone coming close to hurting you. They will have to go through with me anyway".

And she believed in his promises.

(☉。☉)!→

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.3M 28.9K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
268K 3.8K 42
Alejandra Martinez had the perfect life until she lost her mom and childhood to a violent tragedy that she witnessed. As a result, her dad fell into...
236K 14.5K 61
𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 (𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄) Jade Grogan, the youngest millionaire in the city among his other two brothers, i...
5.4K 493 36
Maan Malhotra ~ "I'm so deeply lost in my soul; how can I expect anyone else to understand me?" "A handsome and powerful CEO, he changes partners as...