Unexpected

By night_fallz

(A Jason Todd x Avengers crossover) It wasn't a secret that Jason isn't the easiest person to get along with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:

Chapter 6:

3.8K 164 9
By night_fallz

Unexpected (part 6)

This was a bad idea.

Clint knows it.

But well-

He wouldn't exactly be an Avenger if it wasn't for his bad ideas. None of them would be so... Clint will call this a bad idea with a hopefullymaybe  good outcome. Heavy emphasis on the hopefully.

Currently, he was on a vent.

Jason wouldn't have opened his door. And knocking and asking the kid what was wrong wouldn't have done anything. The only thing it probably would've done was make things worse.

Scratch that-

It definitely  would've made things worse.

He would know.

Clint suddenly stopped. If he was right, then he would be right on top of Jason's room. He sighed, too late to turn back now.

Clint carefully- cause Tony would kill him if anything in Jason's room was anything less than perfect; took off the grille and tapped his fist against the flat surface next to him.

Jason looked up, not bothering to hide the surprise on his face. "Clint," he said in disbelief. "What the fuck."

Clint gave the kid a small wave. "What's up?"

"What's up?" Jason said, voice still shocked as he pointed at him. "Well, apparently, what's up- is you." Jason didn't say anything for a few seconds. "Clint," he repeated. "What the fuck are you doing hiding in the vent? In fact, how the fuck do you even fit?

Clint tilted his head, "Can I go down first?"

Jason gave him the 'go ahead' gesture, a manic look in his eyes as Clint hopped down the open space.

He hit the floor with a decently loud thud.

Clint turned to Jason. The kid had his eyes shut and Jason's fists were clenched so hard he was surprised that they weren't drawing blood. He could see Jason breathing in and out in a steady pattern.

In for four.

Hold for seven

And out for eight.

Then repeat.

Clint didn't say anything. And he didn't do anything either. It would only make things worse.

Yeah, he's definitely close to the fucking up territory.

It didn't take that long for Jason to regain his composure but when he opened his eyes, they glowed.

Clint could feel his heartbeat rapidly rise as his mind conjured up images-

Conjured up reminders of things he buried deep down his mind in a desperate attempt to forget the events.

It didn't matter.

The effort was for nothing.

He was forced to watch as Loki pointed the scepter towards his chest. He can still feel the sharp end of the weapon poking his skin.

Clint heard his breathing grow heavier. He watched as Loki muttered under his breath. He watched as his eyes turned black before they began to glow blue.

Clint tried to run forward. Maybe if he got the scepter away from Loki-

Maybe- maybe he could rewrite the past.

Maybe he could change it so he wasn't responsible for the deaths that he caused. It doesn't matter that his body was being forced to move. In the end, it was still his body that Loki used.

Meaning...

Meaning that it was his  fault.

No. A voice assured him.

That's not true.

He knows  it isn't. But sometimes... sometimes he just-

Clint shook himself out of these thoughts. He shouldn't be dwelling on these things right now. He had more important matters to solve.

He doesn't know if it was phantom pain or not but Clint swears he could feel Natasha hit his head again.

Hard.

He doesn't know how long he was out but as soon as he got his vision back, the first thing he saw was Jason slowly backing away from him. His eyes flickered from a bright radioactive green to his normal blue-green color as he muttered to himself.

Jason was scared. Clint could see that.

But from what?

"Jason," Clint said as he took a careful step forward. "I'm going to come near you."

Jason's head moved up in surprise and for a few seconds, his eyes stopped flickering. They were normal but they were full of so much panic.

The voice was back, not from what. It said, but from who?

"Stay away from me," Jason said, a pleading note in his voice. "Please."  He begged, "I don't wanna hurt you. I can't- I don't know..." His voice trailed off and his eyes began to glow again.

Clint understood what he meant and it also gave him the answer.

Jason was scared of himself.

"How long do you think you can hold it?"

It was quiet and all he could hear was heavy breathing. Clint just continued to watch and wait. He had to be patient. Forcing the kid to do anything would end badly.

Soon enough, Jason held up three fingers.

Clint nodded to himself, deep in thought. "Do you think you can follow me?"

Jason pursed his lips before he took a step forward.

Clint quickly turned and headed to the training room. He didn't bother looking back, he knew Jason would follow him.

It didn't even take them a minute to arrive at the training room. Thank god for Tony and his super fast elevators.

The training room took over the whole floor. Clint immediately headed towards the side; where a huge rectangular space was occupied. It was one of the few areas that had grey mats instead of black.

"What are we doing here?" Jason's voice was low.

"You're going to fight."

"Fight you?" Jason asked, eyes darting back and forth. "No offense but-" His eyes turned green and Clint immediately reacted.

His body moved before his mind could comprehend what was going on. Clint shoved Jason into the mat, sending him tumbling, and immediately pressed the button on the wall.

Within a second, a wall appeared. It was solid and everything but it was such a light yellow that it was almost clear. Clint didn't know the science behind it. He tuned Tony out the moment the inventor mentioned nanotech.

Jason got up on his feet. His stance was offensive and his gaze was murderous. Luckily, it didn't take long for Jason to get distracted.

A holographic person appeared behind him and without even blinking, Jason lowered his body while swinging his foot around. Successfully getting rid of the first hologram.

Clint took a few steps back but he couldn't take his eyes off of Jason.

He knew the kid was good.

But god, the kid was good.

It was mesmerizing to watch him fight.

Jason jabbed his elbow to the left before stepping to the side with ease as he brought his fist to the virtual face.

More holograms appeared but Jason continued to demolish them. He made it look easy and Clint wanted to hop in and fight alongside the kid again.

He stopped himself from doing it. Jason needs this,  he reminded himself. You can fight with him later.

The number of holograms increased. It was fifteen vs. one now. Jason briefly looked around, his eyes bright green and full of boredom.

He beat them in less than five minutes.

Jason shut his eyes for a few seconds and the number of holograms grew once more. They had him surrounded. Jason's mouth tilted up as he narrowed his eyes in amusement.

It didn't take Jason more than eight minutes to defeat thirty of them.

Fuck.

Now Clint wanted to fight his- the kid.

If Jason could fight this well without his guns then even Nat's research didn't do him justice.

Just how good was the Red Hood?

—-

Well hey there...

It's been a while huh?

But hey, better late than never...

I wanted to get this update out sooner but I got stuck. I didn't know how to start this chapter with how I ended the last one. Honestly, I don't know if the chapter flows but I'm hoping that it at least makes sense.

(If it doesn't please let me know so I can fix it)

I hope that you guys liked this chapter and that it didn't disappoint.

Also, if you couldn't tell, this is the second to last chapter of the first installment of the series. The next chapter is to deal with the aftermath of Jason and his pit rage. And then, we're moving on. I suggest subscribing to the series if you don't want to miss the next part.

Like always, leave a comment. We all know how much I love reading and replying to them. They're also good motivation so...

Speaking of comments, if you have any ideas or suggestions or criticism on this fic, please tell me. They'd help a ton!!

If you don't wanna leave a comment, that's fine. Maybe hit the star button thing. 

And once again, if you have any fanfic requests, questions, or just suggestions for any specific fanfics I'm writing, leave them in a comment or message me on her. 

Have a good day!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

956 55 7
Morrigan Aetos wasn't expecting to have to uproot her life and move to the city of crime in her twenties nor was she expecting to find everything tha...
75K 1.7K 28
FIRST THEY HATED EACH OTHER THEN THEY WERE THE BEST OF FRIENDS AND LASTLY THEY WERE LOVERS Damia Matthews and Jason Todd both had a rocky start when...
61.4K 3K 34
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ summary: Katie Mahone is a ball of energy and a people person. She is always on the move and may seem like she is disorganized...
1M 19.3K 104
Cover by GlebTheZombie on deviantart. I DONT OWN ANY CHARACTERS OR DC. Batfam/brothers xreader requests welcome. KEY- Y/n - your name Y/ln - last...