Ambivalence

Av Calwolf_girl

"𝕀π•₯'𝕀 π•Ÿπ•–π•šπ•₯𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 π•Ÿπ• π•£ 𝕙𝕒π•₯𝕖, 𝕓𝕦π•₯ 𝕛𝕦𝕀π•₯ 𝕙𝕖𝕣 π•—π•–π•–π•π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ π•”π• π•Ÿπ•—π•π•šπ•”π•₯𝕖𝕕... Mer

Ambivalence
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
The Rhendmons
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four

prologue

81 0 0
Av Calwolf_girl

"Miori, for the hundredth time, I swear it's not what you think it is!" The familiar voice to me spoke over the phone. 

"Do you think I'm an idiot? I knew that you cheated on me with her for months now. I just waited for you to finally tell me about it...But it looks like I don't have to wait anymore as now the news about your affair is practically being displayed for the entire world to see." 

"Miori, it was an ACCIDENT. One thing led to another and I already told Judy to back off, but she wouldn't listen! I've been trying to find a way to break up with her for-"

"It doesn't matter anyway! The point is you keep seeing her for months despite you claiming that this was all an accident! You know how much I dislike her! She was the reason why I missed the biggest opportunities in my life! And yet, you still insist on continuing that relationship when you were dating me!" I replied angrily through the phone. 

This man has gotten on my nerves.

"Fine then, you caught me! So, what if I've been seeing her for months then? It's not like for those several months you were there for me. You were too busy studying, planning your careers, and going back and forth between L. A and New York!" 

"I've told you that my sister was injured and she needed me in New York! So, it will only make sense for me to be there and support her. You and your arrogant mind still say that I do not care about you when in reality I always texted you asking about your conditions, sent you gifts, and tried to be the best girlfriend that I could! Heck, I even missed my brother's birthday just so I can spend time with you as promised! It feels like I am the only one who is trying in this relationship!"

"Well, sorry to break it to you but gifts will not make up for my girlfriend's absence when I needed her. Judy was the one that stay by my side when my brother went to jail earlier this month. You spend too much time on your stuff, and you didn't have much time for me! Judy might be a cheater but at least she didn't need to rely on her daddy's wealth and connections to get into the competition in the first place!" 

My heart stopped at his words. 

I usually was quite strong when dealing with hurtful words like this. But this was different. Because he knew that I do not like it when people say that, especially coming from him. 

Okay, that's it, he's going to regret it! 

"Miori...Hey, I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that about your dad...please forgive me, I'll try to-"

"No. Save it. I don't want to hear any more words coming from that mouth of yours. I can't believe you're choosing her over me. You're disgusting." 

I said as I immediately ended the call. 

I sighed and look out to the window showing the beautiful night sky of Los Angeles. That previously was my now, ex-boyfriend, Dallas Holden. The reason we broke up? You guessed it, he cheated on me...again. I already knew a few months ago because one of my friends spotted him and another girl at the park. But, earlier today, Dallas and Judy were caught kissing inside a car and the news was broadcasted on the television. Why? because Dallas was the son of a very famous actor, so everything he did would be a great highlight to the media like this one. 

And how do I feel about it now? Well, to be honest, I feel quite relieved to finally get out of that toxic relationship. Sure, there's a slight part of me that feels sad and bitter about it as he was my boyfriend and the reason for our break up isn't pretty. But, then again, I don't regret most of the decisions. After all, he was the one being difficult to deal with. 

I was about to step out from the couch when suddenly my phone rang again. I thought it was Dallas, but as soon as I saw who the contact's name was I sighed in relief. It wasn't that idiot, but it was my sister, Clarissa, or we called her "Issa" for short. I picked up the call and immediately my sister's worried voice could be heard. 

"Mio! Are you alright? I saw the news about Dallas after my meeting and I rushed to call you!"

"I'm fine, Issa. It is nothing too much to worry about. I knew that jerk was cheating on me for months now, I just waited for the perfect opportunity to break up with him. And today is the lucky day." 

"Wait? So, you break up with him?" I could hear the surprise in her voice. 

"Yes, I did, just minutes before you called me."

"That's good news! We should celebrate! I and the others had been trying to separate you two for some time now. He's a ball of toxic energy and disrespectful...Also, this isn't the first time he cheated on so..."

"Yeah, I understood what you mean... I should have listened to your advice back then when he cheated on me for the first time, but I was a fool back then, too naive to know what was genuine love and not. And this time around, he did it again with a DIFFERENT girl." I rolled my eyes as I feel angry remembering what kind of heartless jerk he was. 

"Hey, it's not your fault...It's nice to hear that you finally know what's best for you. But though...How do you feel about this whole mess? I know it must be hard for you..."

"Truthfully speaking, yes it is...But it's not because I regretted breaking up with him, it is more about how I feel not being respected or appreciated enough by someone that I used to trust. You know, I don't trust people easily...But yeah...It feel sucks to be cheated on. Like, what did I do to deserve this? I think you know what I mean...The feeling like you're second best, yeah that sort of stuff..." I said as I feel sadness and disappointment, two feelings I had been trying to restrain since the phone call with Dallas. 

"Oh, Mio...I am so sorry you have to went through that...But it is all over now, you are finally free...And it is not your fault, everyone knew he was an idiot for a long time. It is his loss, not yours...You are the strongest girl I know, you will get through this! You know what, if you need anyone to talk to my door in New York is always open for you, or perhaps you want to go back to Edinburgh and meet mom and dad there? Sis, I don't you if anyone has been telling you this, but you seriously need some rest, especially after this whole drama..." I sighed agreeing with what my sister just said. 

"You are right...I need some time to get away from all this madness. First, with the entire 'cheating scandal' with Dallas. Secondly, the media and news reporters wouldn't give me a break, especially after this whole drama they're going to go after me even MORE. Schools and on top of that career's planning has been difficult too." 

"Sounds like L.A has been pretty tough, huh?"

"Yes, it is..." Then suddenly, my eyes widen as I got an idea, "Hey, Issa, where is dad building his new company again?" 

"What? Well, that is unexpected...Hmm, I think he's building it in Tokyo...Why did you ask all of a sudden?"

"I just got an idea...Remember, my graduation that is coming in 6 months? Well, I was planning to move to Milan to pursue a career in fashion, but now I think that I want to cancel that idea and switch it to business." 

"Wait, WHAT? This is crazy! You've been trying to get to one of the best fashion schools in the world, and suddenly you wanted to quit?" Of course, she was surprised, it has been my dream to be a fashion designer for a long time, but now I just don't think that's the right path for me. 

"I've been thinking about it for some time now...I just lost the biggest opportunity to become a fashion designer because that Judy girl stole my designs and claimed them as hers! The judges humiliated me and it became a HUGE sensation, which also affected dad's reputation as his daughter was labeled as a cheater! I realize that fashion is not for me, especially if it is going to hurt me or the people that I loved. Also, the reason why Dallas and Judy became close in the first place was that I was too focused on my career in fashion that unfortunately came crashing down all of a sudden." 

"Miori...I know it is difficult for you, but don't give up now..."

"I appreciated your concern, but I am going to quit fashion. It seems that most of the problems I faced right now were because I was too busy pursuing things way out of my reach...Also, I need a fresh start, so that's why I suddenly decided to manage dad's new company in Tokyo while also studying business there."

"You're going to MOVE to JAPAN?" Issa said out loud on the other side of the phone. 

"Yes, I am planning to move there to move far away from all this drama. Also, it will be a perfect opportunity to restart my life and find a new passion...I handled the company's finance in London last year, and it was quite a memorable experience. So, yeah, I am planning to take up a business major now..." 

"Woah...Okay, but are you sure about this? I don't want you to regret not chasing after your dreams, and I don't want you to stop chasing them just because of some brainless people..." 

"I am serious, Issa. It is fine, you know I love managing dad's company every time I was allowed to do it. I will be fine, and no, I don't do this because I am scared of them, I am not doing this to prove that DUMB boy that this girl is more than capable of standing on her own two feet." 

Issa was silent for a few moments before finally speaking.

"Fine...I am agreeing to do this because I believed you know what's good for you...But STILL, I do not want you to do things just because you are currently upset about certain people. Also, moving to another new country, especially if they are in a WHOLE new continent is extremely difficult! Our family never lived in Japan, despite my mom being Japanese, we don't know the full custom there, etc..."

"Issa, I think you're missing one point, I went to Japan as an exchange student back in middle school. I lived there for quite some time before going back home. I can handle it. Besides, Emiko is currently living in Tokyo."

"Emiko Satō? As in your close friend from middle school?" 

"Yeah, her...It's going to be fine, I deal with the preparation as soon as possible."

"Well, in that case, I'm glad you have someone there to keep you company...But you have to convince dad, you know how overprotective he can be to his daughters. I have to convince him for 6 months to let me take up the scholarship to New York back in middle school." 

"I know...I'll convince some way or another." 

"Okay-Oh! Look at the time, sorry, sis, I have to end the call right here I have to meet some business partners for a big project."

"Ah...The one for the new stadium, right? Good luck!" 

"Yes, thank you, if you need to talk to someone just called Ian or someone. Talk to you later!" And with that, Issa ended the call. Issa was my older sister, she's just one year older than me, but she was incredibly successful at a young age as she was really smart and hard-working. She lived in New York now, but a few months ago, she was involved in a car accident and so I had to go there to visit her, which upset Dallas. I sighed as I stepped out from the couch and walked to the apartment's kitchen to make myself some tea. 

While sipping some tea, I was scrolling around Instagram when some articles about my broke up with Dallas been made released. "Dallas Holden and Miori Rhendmons Broke Up!", "Breaking News: This Famous Teenage Couple Separated!", "What is Wrong Between This FORMER PowerCouple?", "Is Miori Okay? From Cheating Allegations to a Break-Up!" and more similar articles with different titles. I turned off my phone and closed my eyes for a moment. Just trying to calm me down. 

Breath in, Miori.

Don't feel it. 

Conceal it.

Oh, damn it! I can't do this anymore, I put a hand on my forehead to massaged it. There's only a limited amount of pressure that I can take. And this is WAY out of it! 

Perhaps...A fresh start is indeed something that I needed...So, I guessed I am doing this...

It's been 3 years...I wonder how he was doing-No. I can't think about him, not now. He's in the past now...

Japan, here I come.

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

IMPACT Av F.O.E.

Γ…ndelig

1.2K 45 19
[COMPLETE] Akashi has always been forced to live a perfect life. According to his father, the center of his life must be perfection in all things, wh...
52.5K 1.4K 26
One day, Seirin realizes Kuroko's strange behavior. Kuroko comes day after day to practice, harboring more injuries than before. Is Kuroko holding a...
752 23 2
"I'm absolute." "Since I always win, I'm always right." "The only one who's allow to look at me in the eyes are the one who serves me." ...
5K 108 15
A aokaga story that can get emotional πŸ™‚ AND SOME FUN TIMES (not the age appropriate ones)