My Star in the Sky | Regulus...

By dreamless_dreams_

(Friends to Lovers, Arranged marriage trope) Growing up in a pureblood family she had always expected to get... More

Part 1 - Sixth Year - 1977
1 - Posh Pastries
2 - Do you even want to get married?
3 - Nosey Wizards and Witches
5 - Regulus + Hogsmeade = Date?
6 - Butter Beer tastes like dirt
7 - You know, I know, Everyone knows
8 - An Angel
9 - Brewing Love Potions
10 - Sherbert Lemon
11 - Blood Status, Honour, Loyalty
12 - An Awaited Apology
13 - Acknowledgment is greater than pride
14 - Meadowes
15 - A Snitch
16- Lonely and Life Lines

4 - An Aquarium for a Common Room

1.4K 43 29
By dreamless_dreams_

It was early morning when she was woken up by the loud chatter of people outside of her dorm and out the door she saw girls lining up down the hallway.

"What's happening?" She asked a girl who stood in front of her door "Someone has turned the common room into an aquarium" she looked at her oddly and the girl giggled "If you don't believe me go look for yourself".

She started pushing her way through the crowd until she reached the doorway, what the girl had said was true. The whole common room was filled to the ceiling with water and all different species of fish swam around.

"How come the fish aren't getting in here?" A first year girl asked as you went to touch the water only for her hand to be stopped by some invisible film over the doorway. "Whoever did this enchanted the doorway so the water would not get in here" she said marvelling at the handy work of magic it must have taken to enchant something like this.

"I wonder if it's the same for the boys dorm" she mumbled to herself as she looked at the fish swimming past them not sparing another glance at the change from algae and river bed to smooth leather sofas and velvet curtains. "oh please whenever those gryffindor boys prank Slytherin it is usually targeted towards the boys" a girl in her year snorted as if it was now a known fact.

"How do you know it is Gryffindor boys?" (Name) asked and the girl gave her a look as if to say 'are you stupid?' "It's always those boys, you know Sirius Black and James Potter?" "I heard he hates Severus Snape in particular because him and Potters girlfriend used to date" another gossiped.

She had had enough of this, she'd also like to leave before they decided to start asking her questions in relation to Sirius so she pushed her way back through the crowd to the door of her dorm and shut it quickly.

Sinking back into her bed she thought that maybe this prank would give her reason to sleep in a little longer but her plans were interrupted by a knocking at her window, yes a knock. Not a scrape or a tap, a knock.

Immediately shooting up from her bed she looked out her window to see an unexpected sight, Regulus was sitting on his broom in his pyjamas.

Unlatching the window she looked at him "What are you doing here?" "I see the girls dorm is fine" he said climbing through the window, dumping his broom on the floor.

"Are you absolutely crazy? What are you doing here?" She asked but he ignored her "Is this your bed?" He asked pointing "Yes but-" he immediately face planted straight into her sheets and hummed.

Quickly she walked towards the dorm door and locked it "Godrick if anyone saw you in here" she sighed "Ugh I'm just tired" he mumbled "Well go be tired in your own bed" she said sitting on the edge of her bed. "Did you not hear? The boys dorm is flooded with water and fish" "I thought it was just the common room" she mumbled.

"Yeah but it obviously leaked to the dorms but yours seems fine, well your bed is dry, it's nice and warm too" he hummed again snuggling into her pillows and duvet "That's because I was sleeping in it idiot. Plus it hasn't effected us because someone enchanted our doorway so the water hasn't come in"

"Lucky, I woke up to Evan screaming because a crab pinched him on the foot" "Regulus just get off my bed-" "No it's way more comfortable than mine" "They are all the same"

"Ugh stop being grumpy and lay with me" before she could protest he grabbed her arm and pulled her into the sheets. "Reggie" she whined as she tried to squirm out of hard grip "Just lay still and let me sleep" she lay still for a couple seconds and she noticed how Regulus pulled her in closer and breathed in.

"Are you done now?" "People don't sleep for a couple seconds" he grumbled "Yeah but if someone sees us-" "Why are you so worried about someone seeing me? You locked the door anyway" "You know how the girls will get the wrong idea. They already hate me enough as it is"

"They hate you?" "Turns out loads of people wanted to marry you" "Wow didn't know I am such a catch" "Regulus-" "the pun about the fish was intended" he smirked and she picked up a pillow and smacked him right in his stupid face.

"Oi! Why'd you do that?" "You think you are some bachelor now" she laughed "Oh please, you can't tell me that if I was engaged to let's say Davies you wouldn't be jealous?"

"If that would mean you'd be in her bed and not mine I wouldn't care" she huffed but Regulus didn't speak so she turned to look at him just to see him with the biggest grin on his face and she immediately realised why he was grinning.

"That is not what I meant-" "Oh yes I'm in your bed-" "Regulus!" "All night and all morning" he laughed and she smacked him in face with the pillow again "Shut it" he moved the pillow away from his face but he wouldn't stop laughing.

"Do you like me being in your bed?" "No you can go back to your own, I do not care if it is infested with crabs" "Ah you see that was the only thing stopping me from inviting you but if you're fine with it-" she smacked him in the face again but she couldn't help but laugh as well.

"Alright fine I'll let you stay here a while" she said "Ah I knew I would be able to woo you like I did with all the other girls" he sing-songed "Yeah right" she scoffed but sank back into the pillows of her bed next to him.

"Hou make my bed feel cramped" she mumbled "I think what you mean to say is that I make your bed better" he put an arm around her shoulders "Definitely not what I was going to say".

It didn't take long for the teachers to question why not a single Slytherin had gone to breakfast or the first class together but trying to fix the problem took much longer.

Especially considering the boys were now sleeping next to crabs and fish, not Regulus though, he had managed to climb through her window and into her bed without a second thought that maybe he should go and find a teacher to save his friends from the fish.

When the water was sorted and the common room was dry she quickly rushed him out of her window again in time for the girls to come back into the dorm, of course he made some insinuative comment about her bed again before he left, she suspected he would be doing that for the next couple of days.

*****

After classes for the next week she had been searching for Remus so he would tell her how they pulled the prank off, she'd never seen a spell like it before, plus there was always someone in the common room how were they not seen?

Yet she couldn't seem to find him at all and she wasn't about to go asking people for him either, she suspected that Professor Mcgonagoll had given him and all the others detention during lunch and after classes considering the scale of the prank effected the whole of Slytherin and not just Severus Snape and his friends this time.

Walking through the library she checked down the aisles to find Remus, he was always hidden away like that, nose usually in a book or hands filled with stacks of them that she wondered when he ever had the time to read them.

Looking down one row of books she saw the back of the usual brown old jumper but Remus wasn't alone, arms wrapped around his shoulders, arms that were covered in a leather jacket and wavy black hair mixed with his own.

She quickly moved to hide behind another row of book cases, holy fuck was that Remus with Sirius?
That would be a normal sight if it wasn't for the fact that they were snogging in the corner of the library.

She didn't dare move in case they had heard her until the sound of whispers then she noticed Sirius walking quickly back down the aisle of the library completely oblivious to her stood there in shock.

Looking down the row of books she saw how Remus had a small smile on his face as he touched the back of his hair where Sirius hand had once been, his eyes then quickly flicked to where she was peering from behind another bookcase.

"(Name)?" He called and she stood out from the book case "Ah- hi Remus was just looking at this book-" she put her hand out and grabbed the first book her hand touched "Ways to cross the ocean?" Remus said and she looked at the title of the book.

"Yes- I was interested on how muggles do it you know? When they move that big bit of wood to make the boat move, very fascinating" "You mean an ore?" "Yes!" That is what I meant-"

"you saw didn't you?" He mumbled "Yes, I did" she put the book back on the shelf and went to lean against the aisle where Remus stood "I know what this means" she said and Remus gave her a worried look.

"Gosh I'm so stupid, Sirius was never going to love me not because I'm not good enough but because I'm not you" "what?" Remus said "Sirius was never going to love me because he's in love with you!" Remus immediately covered her mouth with his hand.

"he definitely isn't in love with me and keep your voice down" he gritted through his teeth quickly looking around them, she swatted his hand away. "Well why were you basically eating his face then? Does he at least like you?" "I don't know alright? He isn't very clear" Remus sighed pulling a hand down his face.

"and plus I wasn't eating his face" he looked at her outraged "you were" she wagged her finger in his face "ugh shut up" he pushed her hand away turning to look at the book case behind him.

"Hey don't ignore me Lupin I know you're not interested in-" she looked at the books that were on the shelf "Oh human anatomy? I think that is actually something you're interested in" "Oh my god" he groaned.

"Why are you here anyway?" "I wanted to know how you guys pulled off that fish water prank from the other week" " I've told you before I don't reveal the marauders secrets" Remus started walking away from the 'human anatomy' section.

"Oh come on how did you do it without anyone seeing? There's always someone in that common room" she called after him and he suddenly stopped causing her to almost bump into him, he swiftly turned around and looked down to her.

"Same way I know how Regulus Black escaped the crabs in his dorm room by crawling into bed with you" he whispered leaving her stunned in place for a moment as he walked down a row of books looking at the spines.

"What in merlins beard? How do you know that Lupin?" she quickly followed him "You're not denying it" he started passing her certain books as she followed him around every corner of the library "It's not what you think it was, he just wanted to sleep"

"Sure sure, look if you want me to believe that why don't you go take a look at the human anatomy section?" He placed one more book onto the stack she held before taking them all from her hands and walking away.

This time she decided not to follow, she had to try and figure out how in Godricks name Remus knew that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84K 1.5K 98
Regulus finds himself falling for a girl he didn't expect to fall for, and finds himself in situations that he knows his brother wouldn't approve or...
29.2K 1.9K 33
Luna Lupin came from a tumultous childhood filled with secrecy and a family haunted by the stigmatised illness of lycanthropy, thrown into a society...
217K 9.6K 90
Following the events of the same universe where Juliet Potter and Remus Lupin fell in love, the insouciance has faded into misery as all parties prep...
5.7K 317 23
regulus black is fed up with his family's views on blood purity and their determination to ruin his life. when over the summer, his arm is marked wit...