The Witches (Book #1)

suzyand_ tarafΔ±ndan

Being the new girl is tough. Being the new girl in Manyeo could be DEADLY. Bae Suzy had just moved to Manye... Daha Fazla

𝔗𝔬𝔬 ℭ𝔬𝔫𝔣𝔦𝔑𝔒𝔫𝔱
π”“π”©π”’π”žπ”°π”žπ”«π”± ℭ𝔬π”ͺπ”­π”žπ”«π”Ά
π”„π”Ÿπ”¬π”²π”± 𝔐𝔢 π”–π”²π”―π”«π”žπ”ͺ𝔒
β„‘ 𝔑𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔯 π”π”žπ”²π”€π”₯ π”žπ”± ℭ𝔬𝔬𝔨𝔦𝔒𝔰
𝔗π”₯𝔒 π”–π”±π”―π”žπ”«π”€π”’π”°π”± π”Šπ”¦π”―π”©
π”šπ”žπ”±π” π”₯𝔦𝔫𝔀 π”žπ”«π”‘ π”šπ”₯𝔦𝔰𝔭𝔒𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔀
𝔖𝔬π”ͺ𝔒𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔫𝔀 ℑ𝔰 𝔒𝔣𝔣 β„Œπ”’π”―π”’
ℭ𝔲𝔯𝔰𝔒𝔑
π”˜π”«π”‘π”’π”― 𝔄𝔩𝔩 𝔗π”₯π”žπ”± π”…π”―π”žπ”³π”žπ”‘π”¬
𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔉𝔯𝔦𝔒𝔫𝔑𝔰π”₯𝔦𝔭
𝔗π”₯𝔒 β„œπ”¦π”€π”₯𝔱 𝔗𝔦π”ͺ𝔒 𝔱𝔬 π”π”’π”žπ”³π”’
π”œπ”¬π”²'𝔩𝔩 β„œπ”’π”€π”―π”’π”± π”ˆπ”³π”’π”―π”Ά π”šπ”¬π”―π”‘
π”‡π”’π”žπ”±π”₯ ℑ𝔰 𝔏𝔦𝔨𝔒 𝔗π”₯π”žπ”±
π”π”žπ”«π”¦π”  β„Œπ”²π”ͺπ”ͺπ”¦π”«π”€π”Ÿπ”¦π”―π”‘
π”π”žπ”«π”Άπ”’π”¬ ℑ𝔰𝔫'𝔱 𝔏𝔦𝔨𝔒 𝔒𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔯 π”“π”©π”žπ” π”’π”°
ℭ𝔬π”ͺπ”ͺ𝔬𝔫 π”žπ”«π”‘ π”˜π”«π” π”¬π”²π”±π”₯
π”‡π”’π”©π”¦π” π”žπ”±π”’ 𝔗π”₯𝔦𝔫𝔀𝔰
π”…π”©π”žπ” π”¨ β„Œπ”žπ”«π”¬π”¨
π”‡π”’π”žπ”±π”₯ β„œπ”’π” π”¬π”―π”‘π”°
π”œπ”¬π”²'𝔩𝔩 𝔑𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔯 𝔅𝔒 𝔄𝔩𝔬𝔫𝔒
π”šπ”žπ”Ά 𝔱𝔬 π”–π”žπ”Ά π”Šπ”¬π”¬π”‘π”Ÿπ”Άπ”’
𝔓𝔒𝔬𝔭𝔩𝔒 𝔄𝔯𝔒 𝔇𝔢𝔦𝔫𝔀
β„œπ”¬π”­π”’π”° β„Œπ”¬π”±π”’π”©
𝔖π”₯𝔒'𝔰 𝔑𝔬𝔱 𝔒𝔫𝔒 𝔬𝔣 π”˜π”°
𝔖𝔬π”ͺ𝔒𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔫𝔀 𝔦𝔫 ℭ𝔬π”ͺπ”ͺ𝔬𝔫
β„‘'π”ͺ 𝔬𝔫 π”‡π”¦π”°π”­π”©π”žπ”Ά
π”œπ”¬π”² 𝔅𝔦𝔱 π”ˆπ”³π”’π”―π”Άπ”¬π”«π”’
π”π”¬π”―π”žπ”©π”¦π”°π”± β„œπ”’π”Ÿπ”’π”©
β„‘ β„­π”žπ”« 𝔖𝔒𝔒 π”œπ”¬π”²
𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔒 π”žπ”«π”‘ 𝔄𝔯𝔯𝔬𝔴𝔰
𝔗π”₯𝔒 π”π”žπ”―π”¨π”¦π”«π”€π”° 𝔬𝔣 π”šπ”¦π”±π” π”₯π” π”―π”žπ”£π”±
𝔄𝔫𝔀𝔯𝔢, 𝔑𝔬𝔱 π”–π”žπ”‘
𝔑𝔬𝔴 ℑ𝔱'𝔰 𝔗𝔬𝔬 π”π”žπ”±π”’
β„‘ π”–π”žπ”΄ β„Œπ”¦π”° π”‡π”’π”žπ”±π”₯
π”‡π”’π”£π”žπ”²π”©π”± 𝔱𝔬 π”–π”žπ”―π” π”žπ”°π”ͺ
β„Œπ”¬π”΄ 𝔱𝔬 β„Œπ”žπ”«π”€ π”ž π”šπ”¦π”±π” π”₯
β„œπ”’π”žπ”°π”¬π”«π”° 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔇𝔦𝔰𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔀 𝔐𝔒
𝔄 ℭ𝔯𝔬𝔴 π”žπ”«π”‘ π”ž 𝔑𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔒
𝔐𝔦𝔑𝔫𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱 𝔐𝔦𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫
𝔅𝔒𝔠𝔬π”ͺ𝔦𝔫𝔀 π”ž π”šπ”¦π”±π” π”₯
𝔗π”₯𝔒𝔯𝔒'𝔰 𝔑𝔬 π”šπ”žπ”Ά 𝔒𝔲𝔱
π”šπ”₯π”žπ”± 𝔱π”₯𝔒 . . . ?
π”“π”©π”žπ”« 𝔬𝔯 𝔑𝔬 π”“π”©π”žπ”«
𝔖𝔱𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔀 π”žπ”«π”‘ 𝔙𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔬𝔲𝔰
𝔗π”₯𝔒 π”šπ”¦π”±π” π”₯ 𝔬𝔣 π”π”žπ”«π”Άπ”’π”¬
π”–π”¦π”Ÿπ”’π”―π”¦π”žπ”« β„­π”₯π”―π”Άπ”°π”žπ”«π”±π”₯𝔒π”ͺ𝔲π”ͺ

𝔏𝔒𝔱 𝔐𝔒 𝔅𝔒 π”ž 𝔗𝔯𝔒𝔒

11 1 0
suzyand_ tarafΔ±ndan

Double Update!

☽🔮🃏🌕🕸✨🍃🕯🧿🌙🍄☾

My head smacks the car window as Yoomi stops short in front of my school. I rub my neck. I slept for crap last night. Not that it's anything new; I haven't slept well since my dad went into a coma.

"Here." Yoomi reaches into the backseat. "Bring these to class. They might soften people up a little and help with the friend problem." She hands me a box of pastries.

I realize she's serious. How can I say no? This is a big gesture for her. She must be legitimately worried about me. But seriously . . . pastries? This isn't one of her luncheons. If I bring these in on day two of school, it's only going to make me look like I'm trying too hard. Those girls will jump all over. The bell rings.

"Thanks." I try to muster a smile. I grab my stuff and run inside. By the time I turn down my homeroom hallway, there are only a few stragglers in sight. I swing Mrs. Huang's door open just as the second bell sounds.

Everyone is already settled, and the only available spot is next to Seulgi—the Lineage whose seta I accidentally took on the first day.

"Just in time, Ms. Bae. With offerings, I see." Mrs. Huang greedily eyes the pastries.

I should have dumped these in the garbage can. "These are just a . . . well, I thought . . . um . . . I brought these." Great, I sound like a complete idiot. The Lineage laugh as I hand the box to Mrs. Huang.

I pull out my strawberry-flavored lip gloss and my notebook with my calendar in it and sit down. Mrs. Huang passes around the pastry box. Everyone takes one except for the Lineage. I study my calendar, pretending I'm busy. I can't help but notice that my birthday is next month.

I'm going to be a year older. I hate my birthday. My parties were so awful when I was little that a rumor started that I was cursed. By eleven, I stopped celebrating altogether. Everything is already so crappy, the last thing I need is more bad luck.

I circle October 10 and cross it out. I put my pen down and glance at the clock. One more minute before I can get out of here. My pen rolls toward the edge of my desk and I make an attempt to grab it, but miss. Seulgi doesn't, though. She catches it midair before it hits the ground.

We lock eyes. Seulgi's red hair is in a neat bun, and she wears a black lace dress. She reminds me of a ballerina in a weird way. She doesn't have that mean edge the others do, either. She holds the pen out for me. Her nails are painted black.

"Thanks."

The bell rings. I shove my notebook in my bag and stand. The Lineages don't say a word on their way out.

When I'm in the hallway, people watch me. Not in that new-girl way, but in the they-know-something-I-don't way. So this is what happens when the Lineages doesn't like you. I really don't get the social structure of this school.

I turn the corner toward Korean history class. Wendy's black ponytail and black blazer peek out from behind an open locker. She moves her hands as she speaks, and I get a glimpse of Seulgi's face. I hug the wall and walk toward them. I mean,  I'm going that way anyway.

"I told you to drop it," Wendy says from behind the locker.

"You don't think it's strange that Kai's great-grandfather died last night?" Seulgi's asks as I inch closer, trying to hear them over the crowd of students. I pull my schedule out of my back pocket and lean against the lockers to look less conspicuous.

"He was ninety," Wendy says.

"Yeah, but how do you explain—"

"Enough," Wendy says.

"I say we talk to her."

Wendy shakes her head and her ponytail glides across her shoulders. "Not a chance. And don't think I didn't see you catch her pen this morning."

Me? Are they talking about me? I take a step forward. Why would Seulgi want to talk to me about someone's great-grandfather dying?

"So, come on. Out with it," Sehun says near my ear.

I jump, sending my elbow into the metal lockers. Wendy turns around at the loud clang and finds me two feet away from her, staring in her direction with a guilty look on my face. She narrows her eyes and I quickly walk away from the wall, shifting my gaze to Sehun. I don't know why I thought that was a good idea. Stealth is not my thing. And I'm positive Wendy is only going to like me less now.

"Out with what?" I reply, walking toward history class and away from Wendy at a fast pace.

Sehun holds the classroom door open for me. "The secret door. What'd you find in there?"

"Truthfully, I didn't go in."

"Scared?" His brown eyes light up.

I smile and slide into my seat. "No, we came home late because Yoomi dragged me all over town doing errands. And ten minutes after we got home, our lights went out and wouldn't go back on."

"So, basically, you were waiting for me to go in with you."

I feign annoyance at his amused expression.

"Settle, everyone," says Mr. Wang, taking off his blazer and hanging it over his chair. "As many of you probably expect, our history class will play an active role in Manyeo's annual history fair by doing a historical reenactment. I'll assign you each a role today."

Oh no! I can't even talk in front of my homeroom class of twenty people.

"Also," continues Mr. Wang, "you will write an essay on a specific aspect of the Witch Trials. This is a group assignment; you'll work in pairs. Your homework tonight is to find a partner and a topic." He lifts a stack of papers to distribute. "These are the format guidelines."

This is not my day. Please just let me be a tree, or something else with no lines.

"We are pairing with Ms. Eung's class for the performance, and the jobs will be distributed equally among you. Don't argue with me about your specific assignment; this isn't up for a vote."

"Now, this class is special," Mr. Wang continues, "Because we have actual lineages of the main players in the Witch Trials. I think it only appropriate they are given the opportunity to play them."

Halfway through his sentence, my stomach jumps into my throat. No, no, no! This is a horrible idea! My relatives played a big part in those Trials. I can't do that.

His eyes land on me. "Sooji, I'm not wrong in assuming you're related to Bae Changbin, am I?" Everyone turns to get a good look at me.

I slide down a few inches in my seat. "Yeah. Um, actually, maybe someone else wants to play him?" The two Lineages in the class take a particular interest in me.

Mr. Wang's forehead wrinkles. "As I said, this isn't up for debate, Sooji."

"Suzy," I correct him. "I'm just . . . really not a performer."

"This isn't about winning an acting award, Suzy. It's about celebrating our history. And you will participate if you hope to pass this class."

Well, that sucked.

"Kai and Soojung, you'll also play your ancestors," Mr. Wang says to the Lineages.

"Great," says Kai. He shoots me a nasty look.

Wait. Kai . . . was that whose great-grandfather died? I shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"Mr. Wang," says a girl from my homeroom in the front row. Her voice is high-pitched and she grips her stomach. "I need to use the bathroom. It's an emergency."

Before he can reply, she runs out of the room with her hand covering her mouth.

"Read your guidelines, and I'll be back in a moment." Mr. Wang exits the room, following the girl.

"Yo, Sehun," says the guy with the varsity jacket sitting in front of me. "You wanna partner on this essay or what?"

"Do you mean, do I wanna write the whole thing while you eat all my food and pass out covered in crumbs on my couch?" Sehun asks. It's clear they're good friends/

"I mean, if you're offering," says the guy.

"No, man, I already told Suzy I'd be her partner."

"Lies," says the guy. "But I don't blame you. She's way cuter than me." He reaches out his hand and I take it. "I'm Kang."

"Suzy," I say, and he kisses my hand. I pull it back and he grins. Sehun shakes his head. Soojung's bob swishes in my direction, and she whispers something to Kai. I'm suddenly regretting listening to Wendy's conversation. I kind of wish I wasn't on their radar at all.

Mr. Wang steps back into the classroom. "Everything's under control." He doesn't make it more than two feet before a guy, also from my homeroom, pushes past him. "Or, apparently not."

Oh, crap! What are the chances two people from my homeroom are sick? Please let this be a coincidence. Whatever it is, do not let it be those pastries.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

377K 990 8
konten dewasa πŸ”žπŸ”žπŸ”ž
3.2M 109K 23
A story between student, teacher and their scandal. Cover by : @mariestylesx
1.1K 167 30
Hyunjin adalah manusia setengah dewa. Dianggap aib bagi para dewa karena kemampuan merusak yang mampu membunuh siapa saja, sehingga ia dibuang ke bum...
1.2M 14.5K 17
●Masuk katagori "populer" pada 06 desember 2019 Forbidden Desire #2 Davien Blythe story... Davien Blythe dan Jasmine Maxwell menjalin hubungan pura-p...