AGAINST THE ODDS | KV ✓

By aariawrites

[A TAEKOOK FANFICTION] Jeon Jungkook is the pack leader of Blue moon pack, a thirty year old, still unmated t... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1 - Miracle
Chapter 3 - Delusions
Chapter 4 - Prettiest
Chapter 5 - Respect
Chapter 6 - Honestly
Chapter 7 - Good
Chapter 8 - Real
Chapter 9 - Buttons
Chapter 10 - Stares
Chapter 11 - Americano
Chapter 12 - Expectations
Chapter 13 - Cautious
Chapter 14 - Understand
Chapter 15 - Alcohol
Chapter 16 - Perfect
Chapter 17 - Exhausted
Chapter 18 - Equal
Chapter 19 - Decision
Chapter 20 - Shattered
Chapter 21 - If
Chapter 22 - Awkward
Chapter 23 - Red
Chapter 24 - Defence
Chapter 25 - Speechless
Chapter 26 - Stairs
Chapter 27 - Close
Chapter 28 - Scent
Chapter 29 - Agree
Chapter 30 - Feels
Chapter 31 - People
Chapter 32 - Lights
Chapter 33 - Stress
Chapter 34 - Stay
Chapter 35 - Ask
Chapter 36 - Perfect
Epilogue

Chapter 2 - Satisfied

11.3K 900 719
By aariawrites

Taehyung wants to cry.

"What do you mean by the file has already been delivered by someone?" He asks, tone whiny as he resists the urge to stomp his foot on the floor.

"What do you mean?" Namjoon looks up, hands busy chopping off apples surely for his mate.

Taehyung pouts. "I wanted to visit the pack house."

"Don't be silly." Namjoon chuckles and Taehyung rolls his eyes, nose scrunching at the heavy scent of his brother's mate lingering around the house.

"Whatever." Taehyung waves off, stealing a piece of apple and popping it in his mouth, smiling when he hears Namjoon sigh.

"Alpha?" A soft voice from upstairs has Taehyung's attention.

"Love, two minutes." Namjoon calls out, taking some pear as he cuts them into pieces too.

Taehyung cranes his head and looks up, seeing his brother-in-law, Kim Seokjin, stand at the top of the staircase grey bed sheet wrapped around his body while he clutches it to his chest, he looks like he'd been through hell but glowing and exceptionally beautiful.

"Hey, hyung." Taehyung waves at Seokjin, quite surprised when the other omega shies away but returns a timid wave back. "Uh, how are you doing?" He asks, kind of weirded out by how Seokjin is acting.

"I'm doing well." Seokjin's voice was so small that Taehyung almost misses it but he nods looking at his brother in question.

Namjoon shakes his head. "Heat as you know, your loud hyung who doesn't take any shit becomes really submissive that I'm concerned at times, he literally cries at everything so I have to calculate my words or his water works would burst and suddenly he is the worst omega Blue Moon has ever witnessed." He rants, but his voice doesn't go above a whisper and Taehyung smiles seeing just how caring Namjoon is towards Seokjin.

"I'm more surprised that he willingly calls you alpha, usually you're just Joon." Taehyung teases, voice just as low as he stands up and stretches. "Whatever I'm staying at Jimin's for the rest of the week, I've retrieved my books already." He points at the bag placed on the chair next to him. "If I forget something, I'll come back but I would rather not."

"Sorry," Namjoon says even when Taehyung knows he doesn't need that apology.

"Don't be, go have fun." Taehyung says as he walks towards the main door with his bag slung on his shoulder, Namjoon follows him behind with a plate full of fruits in hand.

Namjoon grunts. "It's anything but fun, trust me. Seokjin's personality takes a whole three-sixty turn and I'm so worked up during these days, I swear." He sighs and places a kiss over Taehyung's forehead. "Take care, brother. Please don't be a bother to the Parks and study well. Love you."

"Love you too, Joon hyung." Taehyung pecks Namjoon's cheek and then he is off to Jimin's, it's kind of late but the streets of Blue Moon are the safest for omegas to walk on with guards patrolling around.

Still, when Taehyung takes a turn to the corner he sees his brother standing out, his heart warms at the concern he waves at his brother just for Namjoon to wave back before he is out of his older brother's vision.

Humming a song Taehyung walks down the street, pouting over the fact that he forgot his phone with Jimin. So, he just looks around, people are still around going home from work or some just purchasing groceries from the vendors because the prices lower of the evenings specifically the prices of leafy vegetables has a huge drop from what it was in the morning and by the evening it's really cheap, all fruits and vegetables are.

Taehyung stops and greets his friend, Wong Yuk-hei, a chinese transfer student alpha by rank and the university's heartthrob.

Also, there is a rumour that Yuk-hei has a crush on Taehyung, but the omega has never paid much attention.

Of course, there is just one alpha Taehyung has all his attention on.

"Yo!" Taehyung gives a mock salute. "Back from football practice?"

"No shit." Yuk-hei clicks his tongue. "The coach eats ass for lunch I swear, fucking twenty laps to run around the ground can you imagine?" He throws his hands around in vague gestures.

"I'll pass out in two laps, thank you very much." Taehyung giggles, hand covering his mouth.

Yuk-hei laughs. "Yeah, that's the reason I'm in the team and you're not."

"That was personal, Captain Wong." Taehyung rolls his eyes with a smile.

"Fuck being the Captain sometimes seriously, Lee is such a pain in ass I swear to God, if he ever dies you know who stabbed him." Yuk-hei winks, as he adjusts his bag over his shoulder, Taehyung laughs loud enough that people have their gazes turning. "So, where are you off to?"

"Jimin's, staying there for a week, my brother-in-law went in heat." Taehyung shrugs seeing Yuk-hei's bewildered expression but the alpha doesn't comment on it.

"Your brother is in heaven, I want an omega too." Yuk-hei purses his lips and Taehyung frowns when the alpha stares at him.

"Don't look at me, I'm off market." Taehyung tucks his blonde hair behind his ear sticking out his tongue.

"At least tell which alpha?" Yuk-hei wiggles his eyebrows in a teasing manner.

"That's a secret because it's scandalous." Taehyung dramatically cups his mouth with one hand and whispers.

"Don't say one of the professors... worst, the principal?" Yuk-hei whispers and Taehyung laughs out again covering his face.

"Not the principal please." Taehyung wheezes, grimacing over how he would even look with the principal. No. Just no.

"Whatever let me walk you to-" Yuk-hei stops in his mid sentence and gives a low ninety degree bow, that has Taehyung turning around with wide eyes as he hears the young alpha say, "oh, good evening, Sir."

Jungkook bows in return. "Good evening." His eyes then return to Taehyung as he bows towards the omega too.

Yuk-hei grunts, as he reaches out and adds pressure to Taehyung's back that reminds the omega as he bows down.

"Good evening, Sir." Taehyung greets, standing up straight, looking back at Yuk-hei nodding at him for saving him, mouthing him a promise of treat and the young alpha just smiles in return.

"Good evening." Jungkook greets back as he checks his wrist watch. "Namjoon called me saying you were off to Parks, I was around so he told me to drop you off." He says.

Taehyung needs to thank Namjoon and bake him a cake.

"Okay." Taehyung smiles so bright as he adjusts the straps of his bag over his shoulders looks back at Yuk-hei and waves at him, the quirk of eyebrow from Yuk-hei is enough for him to know, that now the young alpha knows that one alpha who is Taehyung's scandal.

"Bye Tae, see you around." Yuk-hei waves as he bows down to Jungkook before he is off on his wave.

"This way." Jungkook guides Taehyung and the omega hops his steps walking side by side of the head alpha.

"So, how was your day, Sir?" Taehyung tries to make a conversation, it's not the first time Jungkook is driving him somewhere but it's an occasion that happens once in a blue moon it happens.

"Good, how was yours?" Jungkook asks in return as he holds the door open for Taehyung to settle in.

Taehyung almost screams when he sees the leader running around the car before he settles in the driver's seat of his luxurious black car.

"Awesome! Me and Jimin after university went to this art museum, it was so amazing!" Taehyung talks about it all excited and happy to share about his day with his crush.

"Oh, in sector four, right? Right in front of Jamais Vu Café?" Jungkook questions and Taehyung nods vigorously.

"Yup! It was so fun, I want to someday become a famous artist and have my art featured in galleries too." Taehyung shyly mumbles and fiddles with the sweater paws that his cream coloured sweatshirt gives him. "But being an artist would only be by hobby though, a side work, me and Jimin have different plans for the future."

"If you work hard enough, every dream will succeed." Jungkook encourages. "I wanted to be a professional basketball player, but then life has its own plans." He sighs long and deep.

Taehyung wants to hug Jungkook. He knows what this is about, the sudden death of Jungkook's older brother along with his mother and father in a car crash had put all the burden on the head alpha.

"I'm working hard," he tries to divert the conversation, "all the professors are proud of my work and I'm trying my best too!"

"I'm proud, keep going." Jungkook smiles at him, a brief glance thrown his way before his eyes are back on the road.

It was a warm and fuzzy feeling that has Taehyung gnawing down on his lips as he stares out of the window, leg bouncing in anticipation.

"So, who was that alpha boy you were talking to?" Jungkook asks and Taehyung is so happy that the head alpha is taking interest in his life.

"Oh, that's Yuk-hei, football team captain and the university's heartthrob, we both laugh at the title that's given to him by these other omegas." Taehyung giggles, hands flying around all fueled up to share his life details.

"Isn't he your heartthrob?" Jungkook asks. "Quite handsome he is."

Taehyung looks at Jungkook, blinking his eyes trying to make out what Jungkook exactly meant by his words but acted aloof.

"Nah, not my type." He shrugs.

"Then what's your type?" Jungkook asks as he shifts a gear to take a turn, controlling the driving wheel with one hand.

Taehyung almost thought his slick would leak just at the thought of how hot the leader looked while driving.

"Uh, someone who could keep me satisfied." It's dreamy how Taehyung sounds, staring at Jungkook, dreaming about how perfect the head alpha would be with him, keeping him satisfied with love and respect.

The leader's lips curl in a smirk. "Satisfied as in?" He teases and Taehyung's face feels on fire when he realises that the head alpha is implying on. "Quite demanding you are, eh?"

"I meant with love and honor." Taehyung fiddles with the plates of his skirt, gulping. "Not like Yuk-hei wouldn't do that, he just isn't my type as I said."

"The university's heartthrob is not your type?" Jungkook sounds amused. "How high are your standards raised Taehyung-shi?"

The omega has to ignore how his heart just skipped a beat when the leader said his name.

"Very high, Sir." He says it dramatically, hearing Jungkook laugh. "So, what's your type?"

"My mate is exactly my type." Jungkook says and Taehyung finds his smile fading away as he blinks.

"Yo-you have a mate?" He asks, wishing Jungkook wouldn't notice the vulnerability in his voice. "Why aren't you mated then?"

"Well, that's a secret. Even Namjoon doesn't know and you know Namjoon literally always knows everything." Jungkook smiles, as the car comes to a halt but Taehyung doesn't move. "My mate is everything that I ever wanted and I know my mate wants me too."

"How do you know?" He questions, heart burning. He should have listened to Jimin.

Jungkook just offers him a warm smile. "I know everyone who wants me, I am quite good at understanding body languages." He shrugs.

Through all this, Taehyung notices: "You're different when you talk about your mate. You sound so... I don't know, but not like the Sir I know." He adds.

The leader sighs at that. "You see Taehyung-shi, Sir Jeon Jungkook and Jeon Jungkook are two very distinct people, it's not a facade or a split personality it's just adjusting or moulding myself in some duties because Jungkook can't be a pack leader, but Sir can." He explains and Taehyung is left in awe despite his heart break. "For my mate though, I..." He bites his lips, "well, that's something only my mate would know."

Taehyung's throat burns with an itch of sob, he takes deep breaths trying to keep his scent under control. "I'm happy for you. Hope you have a happy life with your mate." He smiles, fisting his skirt, eyes burning with unshed tears, taking deep controlled breaths to keep his pheromones from unleashing.

"Thank you, I guess? Good night." Jungkook chuckles.

"Good night, Sir." Taehyung bows his head and hops off the car, closing the door behind as he walks towards the main door of Parks, looking back seeing Jungkook still in his car and when the door is opened he steps inside and then he sees the head alpha pass him a smile before he zooms off.

That's when Taehyung unleashes the bitter pheromones of his bottled up heartbreak, hugging Jimin while his best friend closes the door behind him and then wraps his arms around him.

And even when he hasn't said a word to Jimin, the other omega just knows.

Jimin sighs. "Told you, dumbass."

Taehyung cries harder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 10.7K 24
Jeon Jungkook was a male rogue omega who lived with an abusive father. He lost all hopes of getting a mate when he didn't find his mate on his 17th b...
3.4M 207K 52
The love that has blossomed in Taehyung's heart since childhood for a total stranger who saved him from dying one fatal night is the sole reason for...
1.3M 57.3K 86
Jeon Jungkook, a true blood alpha and a soon-to-be-head of moon glade pack. He is strong, handsome, and has everything. But still, he is desperate to...
35.2K 4.7K 32
(Short chapters) "How old are you?" Jimin tucked in a piece of hair behind his ear before looking at Jungkook with his ocean blue eyes. "I am twenty...