š˜šŽš”š‘ š‚š‹šŽš’š”š‘š„ || š...

By ashryanne

š˜šŽš”š‘ š‚š‹šŽš’š”š‘š„ --- "yes, i got your letter. yes, i'm doing better. i know that it's over. i don't n... More

your closure.
cast.
aesthetics.
playlist.
epigraph.
act i.
zero.
one.
two.
three.
four.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.

five.

1.2K 85 63
By ashryanne

Her First Football Game

~~~~~

{same outfit as last chapter}

"i have about as much grace as a baby duckling."

~~~~~

When Alora got home, her father was nowhere in sight. He wasn't in the house and his car wasn't in the driveway. She was greeted by her cat instead. She picked Arthur up off the floor, placed a kiss on his head, put him back on the floor, and headed up the stairs.

And of course, Arthur followed her up the stairs as well.

Both of them made sure to avoid the Devil cat.

Once in her room, Alora placed her back on her desk chair, allowing it to hang. Arthur took a sudden interest in the strings that hung from the bag. He ended up trying to bat them with his paw as Alora flopped down onto her bed.

She didn't know how long she laid there nor did she really have the heart to care.

She didn't have anything else to do. She had finished the assignments she had been given that day during the last period when the teacher had stepped out. She had already worked on her magic a bit earlier that morning—her father wanted her to practice or something like that.

The only thing that she had to do was go to the football game later that night.

Until then, nothing.

The outside was beginning to darken and the sky was being painted with faded hues of oranges, , yellows, pinks, and reds.

Alora had turned to the side in her bed, looking up from the book she had picked up around half an hour ago. She watched as the sun slowly set, only to get interrupted when she heard the front door close and then her father's voice.

"Lor!"

"Yes?" She shouted back.

"Come downstairs!"

Alora huffed before she quickly rushed off her bed, out of her room, and down the stairs.

Arriving in the kitchen, she saw a few paper bags on the counters from her father having gone shopping. She then saw her father rummaging through one of the cabinets, looking for something.

"What's all this?"

Dean turned around with a waffle maker in his hands. "This is an apology," He answered, unraveling the cord on the bottom. He placed it on the counter and plugged it up, so it could heat up.

"An apology?" Alora questioned, unpacking the bags. "For what?"

"For snapping at you this morning?"

"Oh! I forgot about that," Alora shrugged. "Besides, you were forgiven about three minutes into the car ride to school this morning. I was being pushy this morning, anyways, so it was kind of my fault to begin with."

"Of course you did," Dean sighed.

She was way too pure for this world.

"But even if you did, I decided to do your favorite..."

"Breakfast for dinner?" Alora questioned, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Breakfast for dinner," He replied with a nod.

"Is there anything I can do?"

"Just bring your radiating positivity," Dean replied. "But until then, go do whatever it is teenagers do these days. I will call you when the waffles are ready."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now go."

Alora rolled her eyes at the 'dad voice' he had evoked when he spoke.

As if that was going to do anything.

Nonetheless, she decided not to pick a fight and walked back up the stairs and collapsed back down onto her bed.

~~~~~

"So did anything exciting happen at school today?"

Alora had just stuffed a piece of the waffle in her mouth, so she wasn't able to respond immediately. It did, however, give her some time to think. After she swallowed it, she responded, "Not really. Just Stefan, the vampire, showing off with his knowledge about the different historical events that had happened."

"I mean, you should have seen it," Alora raved. "He didn't even try to hide how much he knew. He could have just looked like some old crossword puzzle junkie if you didn't think twice about it. And Mr. Tanner was so pissed about it. It's like he purposely tries to make his students get the question wrong just so he can feed his own arrogance and ego."

Dean hummed in acknowledgement, "Didn't you know all the dates, too?"

"Well, yeah," Alora shrugged and took another bite of her waffle.

"So couldn't one assume you were a vampire then?"

"I wasn't showing off though. I answered one question, which already surprised the teacher, "Alora told him. "Besides, it's you who decided to tell me about all of this, seeing as you have many stories from your very long life, Mr. Immortal Witch."

Dean playfully rolled his eyes as he continued to eat his food and listen to what his daughter was talking about.

"Oh! I also sort of met some new people. I was taking photos, or I was supposed to be taking photos, of football practice, and this girl, Amanda, came up to me and immediately started talking to me. Her brother, Asher, then joined in on the conversation. She's a junior and he's a senior on the football team."

"Amanda?"

Alora nodded, "Yeah, why?"

"I thought you liked the witch, Bonnie."

"Well, I don't know if I do," She shrugged. "I barely know her. Sure, she's pretty and she's nice and all that fun stuff, but I know next to nothing about her, so I will stick to being her friend for right now."

Dean nodded along with what she was saying, agreeing with the point she had made.

"Also, I don't want to get super close to anyone in case we move again, even if it is just a friendship, you know? It would kind of suck for them, as well as myself."

Alora was a positive person.

But she was also a realist.

Dean sighed, "I don't think we'll be moving again any time soon. Even though there are vampire problems, I think you'll like it here and in all honesty, this town isn't as bad as I remember it."

"So we're staying?"

"For now."

Alora looked down at her plate and smiled. She was happy to stick around in one spot for a longer duration than they normally did. She was mostly excited for the fact that she might be able to make real friends and stick around to at least the end of her Junior Year.

"You have a football game you need to get to, no?" Dean questioned a few moments later, his British accent prominent.

Alora glanced at the clock that was on the oven, "Not yet."

A silence fell over the two of them, causing Alora to bounce her foot up and down, over and over and over again—it was a nervous habit of sorts.

She hated when things were quiet and always felt like she had to be doing something, whether it was reading one of her books, doing magic, playing with Arthur, fiddling with her fingers, tapping her foot against the floor, or even sometimes reciting off different lines from plays in her head.

Now, don't get her wrong.

Alora appreciated silence sometimes...like when she was sleeping or upset, which never really happened.

She had a busy mind and being left alone in the silence irked her in all the wrong ways. The pause in life allowed for her to fully think through all the thoughts that spun through her mind—she didn't like doing that.

Alora had begun tapping her fingers against her water glass, her eyes trained on one of the water droplets that was falling down the side of it. She watched as it slid down the side, colliding with another one of the smaller condensation drops before eventually hitting the coaster the glass was sitting on.

A thud had brought her out of her fixation.

She blinked and glanced over to see that Hades had pushed Arthur off the back of one of the chairs. Arthur now glaring back up at the black cat, who hissed in return to the action.

"How was your day?" Alora started up another conversation.

She preferred voices and sounds over silence.

She always would.

"I didn't really do much," Dean replied.

"Still have writer's block then?" She questioned.

"Something like that."

In truth, Dean had completely forgotten to even attempt to write further chapters of his book that day. He had ended up creating spells instead, especially ones that were more attuned to hurting vampires and other supernatural creatures from a long distance.

He wanted to make sure his daughter could protect herself and not get involved in the shit show that was about to take place in Mystic Falls.

However, Dean had failed to realize just how attached she would become to the people that lived here.

"Cool," Alora bobbed her head, slightly grimacing at her word choice.

There were so many better words than just "cool," but she couldn't take back what she had just said.

"Your car should be getting here by the end of the weekend," Dean told her as he got up to take their empty dishes to the kitchen.

Alora's eyes twinkled with excitement, "Really?"

Dean hummed.

"Thank you!" She rushed over to him and gave her father a quick hug—that clearly caught him off guard.

She then saw the time on the clock.

"I have to go now! I'm going to be late!" She began to rush around, attempting to put shoes on and grab the things she needed. "I love you!" She called over her shoulder and ran out the door.

Dean shook his head in amusement as he continued to clean up.

~~~~~

When Alora got to Mystic Falls High, she was honestly shocked to see how many people showed up to football games. It was fascinating.

She was walking through the masses of people, weaving her way around them to the best of her ability. The words 'sorry' and 'excuse me' were exchanged on multiple occasions, mostly coming from Alora, even if someone else had been at fault.

Her eyes eventually landed on Bonnie, who she had been very excited to see.

"Oh my gosh!" Alora exclaimed, scanning her new found friend up and down, taking in the cheerleader uniform in. "I didn't know you were a cheerleader!"

Bonnie reciprocated the wide smile that Alora was wearing.

The young cheerleader originally had been standing alone, seeing as Elena had left with Stefan and Caroline was busy talking to all the other cheerleaders. It was nice for once for someone to go out of their way to talk to her.

It really was.

"I didn't know you were coming!" Bonnie had to slightly yell, so Alora could hear her over all the bustle and chatter.

"I need to get some good photos," Alora raised the camera that was hung around her neck. "Besides, now I get to watch my favorite cheerleader cheer for the football team."

Bonnie felt heat rush to face and was silently thanking everything good in the world that no blush was visible. She quickly pushed down all the feelings, "I didn't know you were in Photography."

"Oh, yeah! I luckily got thrown into a random elective that I actually enjoy."

"You like Photography?"

Alora nodded, "I got a camera for one of my birthdays after I begged my dad for one. Ever since, I've kind of fallen in with the whole concept of capturing one moment in a photo, allowing it to live on forever."

Bonnie quirked a brow, "I've never thought about it like that."

"Are you interested in anything?"

She hated one the conversation topic was stuck on her. She liked talking ( a lot ), but she also wanted to make sure that the other person felt included and that it wasn't all one sided.

"Not really."

"Not even cheerleading?"

Bonnie shook her head, "I only joined because Elena and Caroline were on the team, now only Caroline. I mean, it gives me some time to spend with my friends and it also looks good on college applications."

That was true.

Being involved in school activities and the community looked great to potential colleges.

That was why Alora had always tried to integrate herself into each town by helping with school functions, volunteering at town events or the local library, et cetera, et cetera...

"Speaking of Caroline..." Bonnie trailed off as she saw her blonde friend walking towards them.

Caroline's gaze immediately fell onto Alora. She gave her a smile before turning to Bonnie. "Are you going to be joining the rest of the girls soon?"

"Yeah, sorry. I got a little caught up."

Caroline looked back to Alora, "I'm assuming your what she got caught up with."

It sounded an awful lot like Caroline didn't want to compete for her friend's attention.

"You know, you should join the cheerleader team," The blonde said. "You look like you'd be good at it."

"I'm good. Thank you," Alora responded. "I have about as much grace as a baby duckling."

Her father often teased her about it.

"Huh," Caroline hummed, turning to Bonnie. "Let's go."

She then walked off.

Bonnie glanced at Alora, "I'll see you around."

Alora offered the girl a smile before she walked away.

"Hey, bitch!"

Alora whirled around to face where the voice had come from. When she did, she saw Amanda quickly approaching her with a bright smile on her face as she stumbled over the shoes she was wearing.

"Hi!" Alora met her with just as much enthusiasm.

"I'm so happy you're here!"

Alora had never met someone like Amanda before. It wasn't in a bad way—it was just that they had just met earlier that day and the girl was acting as if they had been friends for years. She reminded Alora of herself, and she was yet to determine if that was in a good way or a bad way.

Amanda linked arms with Alora and began leading her through the crowds of people. The young witch was just happy not to be alone during the football.

Because that would have been awkward.

Very very awkward.

"Normally, I go to the games to support my brother—more like he forces me to go to all of them," Amanda took up her usual rambling. "I mean, I don't mind it. I truly don't. It's just that normally I have to sit by myself instead of being with other people."

"How come?"

"Most of my friends are on the cheer team, so I can't exactly go and join them," Amanda shrugged. "And the other people that attend the games, I'd rather not hang out with, which is also not in a rude way either."

"Any particular reason why?"

Alora was genuinely curious about her new friend's life.

Well, she was always curious about other people.

Another trait she had gotten from her father—not that she minded.

"They're all so cliquey, for lack of better terms," Amanda answered. "Yes, I know the Track and Field team and the Tennis Team can be the exact same way. But oddly enough, even though I'm in both of them, I don't really ever chill with the rest of the students outside school."

Alora bobbed her head.

She let her eyes wander as she continued the conversation. She liked to know her surroundings—be aware of who was around and what was going on.

Plus, it also helped keep her mind occupied.

"You're on two separate teams?"

"Yeah, yeah," Amanda replied, almost absentmindedly. "I'm on Track and Field, Tennis, Student Council, NHS, and the Events Committee, which isn't even the real name of it, but it sort of has slipped my mind for the moment being."

"Wow," Alora breathed out.

Was everyone supposed to join that many clubs?

"My mom had very high standards for her children."

Alora took note that she said 'had' instead of 'has.' However, she decided not to question it for a few reasons. It might have been a slip up and Amanda hadn't realized her misuse of the word. If it wasn't a slip up, then Alora didn't want to ruin the girl's mood by bringing it up.

She was to respect boundaries.

'Treat others how you want to be treated' and all that bubbly bullsit.

Amanda and Alora soon joined the crowd that had gathered in front of the podium. All of them were waiting for Mr. Tanner to start giving his usual speech—not that Alora was aware of that.

Everyone was cheering for the football team as they were announced. Amanda was very loudly cheering for her older brother, nudging Alora to join in, which the girl eventually did.

Alora had also snapped a few good photos of the team all lined up.

"Wait, wait, wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait," Mr. Tanner spoke, interrupting the loudness of the crowd. "Let's be honest here. In the past, we used to let other teams come into our town and roll right over us!"

The crowd had really gotten into the spirit as the word 'boo' was yelled and some thumbs down were thrown around by some teens.

"But that is about to change."

Cue the cheering.

"We've got some great new talent tonight starting on the offense, and I'm going to tell you right now, it has been a long time since I have seen a kid like this with hands like there," Tanner continued.

"He seems a little obsessed with the new kid's hands, no?" Amanda whispered to Alora, causing her to giggle and nod as she snapped another photo.

"Let's give it up for Stefan Salvatore!"

The crowd then broke out into a fit of cheering. Some were plain yelling, others were whistling, and some of them were even chanting Stefan's name.

"To those that have been waiting for us to put a check in the win column, I have one thing to say to you....You Timberwolves are hungry!"

And then there was more cheering.

Wow.

Damn.

Alora had not been expecting all that commotion and pep for just one silly little sport. It was definitely a change of pace for her and she wasn't quite sure that she liked it yet.

The crowd soon dispersed and everyone went their separate ways, including Amanda and Alora, who had walked off together to get the best seats that they could on the bleachers; however, they still weren't going to be good.

Obviously.

But what neither of the girls were expecting was the shit that was going to go down later that night.

Or that the death that was to happen was only going to be the catalyst to a very shitty next few years.

~~~~~

a/n: hello lovelies:) updated smth again. it is shorter than i would like, but i didn't know if the football actually happened that night of not bc tanner died and i honestly didn't feel like writing it either. 

also, i didn't check anything or proof read, so yeah...

hope you enjoy it<3

more bonnie and alora content will be coming soon, especially once bonnie figures out she's a witch. amanda and alora will always be completely platonic for the most part.

i originally said that tyler and matt would be her best friends, but i don't know about that anymore. maybe those friendships will develop further down the line, but i don't want to force them or anything.

dean is chill for the most part, but he will still act like an authority figure yk

last thing, the chapters will probably get longer when there is more drama happening and i integrate alora into the vampire drama and insert dean's storyline as well. also, if i have more motivation that day then the chapters will be longer too.

how did we like this chapter?

please don't be a silent reader. vote and comment.

stay safe and beautiful. love you lots<333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 60.7K 109
The name of the town should've been her first hint. 'Mystic Falls' It was like she was asking for trouble. TVD S1-4 (OC ~ MJ Ruiz): Kol x OC Some m...
5.6K 148 13
I'm in Mystic Falls and it has never been for a better reason. I've won Damon's heart and now, we're closer than we've ever been. But now, darkness...
166K 6.5K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
14.6K 665 90
"Come out while the rain is gone. Slow down, breathe in on your own. And the world keeps spinning around as we dive in it. And the world is bringing...