Stranger Things Imagines and...

By penmansparadise

This is just a book of imagines and preferences for the show Stranger Things. So I fell in love with season... More

Billy Hargrove Imagine- Mysterious Boy
Billy Hargrove Imagine- Mysterious Boy Part 2
Billy Hargrove Imagine- Brooklyn Baby
Billy Hargrove Imagine- Missing You
Kali's Group Imagine
Nancy Wheeler Imagine- Not So Drunken Stupor
Billy Hargrove Imagine Smut- Pretty Unconventional
Billy Hargrove Imagine Smut- Just For Fun
Steve Harrington Imagine- I'm Done Pretending
Billy Hargrove Imagine- No One Deserves To Be Lonely
Billy Hargrove Imagine Smut Requested- Do You Mind If I Join?
Billy Hargrove Imagine Requested- A Quiet Life
Steve Harrington Imagine Requested- The Tutor
Steve Harrington Imagine Requested- My Little Buddy
Billy Hargrove Imagine - Something Special
Billy Hargrove Imagine - Pinky Promise
Billy Hargrove Imagine - Songbird
Steve Harrington Imagine - I Love You so Much Most
Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader Imagine - Call My Bluff
Fred Benson x Male!Reader ~ The Best Bookworm
Eddie Munson ~ The Adventurer and the Dungeon Master
Peter Ballard (001) ~ The Ultimate Betrayal
Eddie Munson ~ The Fire Genasi
Author's Note
Steve Harrington ~ A Sweet Distraction
Gareth ~ Wonder Woman
Billy Hargrove and Max Mayfield ~ Dazzle Me
Robin Buckley ~ The Drive-In
Eddie Munson ~ The Adventurer and the Dungeon Master Part Two
Steve Harrington ~ My Protector
Eddie Munson ~ Little Koala Boy
Author's Note
Eddie Munson ~ A Well Deserved Apology
Eddie Munson ~ My Guardian Angel
Another Author's Note
Billy Hargrove ~ A Simple Car Ride
Billy Hargrove and Steve Harrington ~ Three's a Party
What's That? Yet Another Author's Note
Fred Benson ~ The Set Up
Eddie Munson ~ Confessions
A Rainbow of Questions
Fred Benson ~ A Library Date
Steve Harrington ~ A Sweet Redemption (Part Two of A Sweet Distraction)
Henry Creel ~ Always
Steve Harrington ~ The Feelings are Mutual
Eddie Munson ~ You're Mine
Henry Creel ~ ...And Forever (Always Part Two)
Eddie Munson ~ Sonnet 18
Penman's Paradise's Playlist
A Little Outburst
Steve Harrington ~ As It Should Be
Just So You Know
Ask Me Something
A Somber Note
Here I Go Again
Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader ~ The Yuletide Bluff

Eddie Munson ~ My Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy

11.4K 274 134
By penmansparadise

*I DON'T OWN THIS IMAGE* *CREDIT TO IMAGE OWNER* 

Pairing: Eddie Munson x Singer Fem!Reader

Word Count: 3.6k

Warnings: Mild language

a/n: This was requested by @femalegoon_92. I had fun writing this and using some different songs than I usually would.  So, I hope this is what you wanted!  The request was to use Queen's "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy," so I mentioned that song.  But I also mentioned "I'm Every Woman" by Chaka Khan (an absolute fucking QUEEN) and "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath (need I say anything about this band?  10/10).  So, if you don't know any of these songs, you should totally check them out because they're great.  Anyway, I mention "present day" in this one, and just so we are all on the same page, that is 1986, obviously not 2022.  My next post will be part two of A Sweet Distraction!!!  I know how much you all wanted that one.  Look for that, and as always, thanks for the support and follows!

§

Hawkins Middle School Auditorium – 1978

You peeked around the curtain and looked out into the packed auditorium. There were so many people you couldn't even find your parents. You leaned against the wall and sighed. How did you let your parents convince you to sing in the stupid talent show? You didn't do these kinds of things. You spent your time in your room singing along to your records or the radio. You weren't popular, and you certainly didn't like attention. But there you were, standing just off the stage, waiting for your turn. A group of boys started to enter the stage from the opposite side. You recognized them as they situated themselves by their instruments. Gareth was on the drums, Jeff was holding one of the guitars, and Eddie was holding the other guitar. A woman stepped onto the stage and grabbed the microphone.

"Well, wasn't Miss Chrissy Cunningham just darling? Yes, well up next is a group of boys who love to rock and roll. Please, put your hands together for Corroded Coffin!"

The woman quickly jogged off stage before Eddie started strumming the beginning of "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath. When the whole band joined in, the crowd started to go wild. For a couple of middle schoolers, they were fantastic. You couldn't help how your jaw dropped as Eddie played the guitar. It was effortless as if it was just an extension of his body, not a separate instrument. His fingers glided over the neck of his guitar like it was second nature. And none of them missed a beat. It was like you were listening to a tiny version of Black Sabbath. You watched as they jumped around the stage, laughing and singing the entire time. Then Eddie stepped to the front of the stage and started shredding out the guitar solo. You looked out to the crowd and noticed several girls you went to school with fangirling in the front row.

Everyone was on their feet, and when the song finally came to a close, the place erupted with applause. The boys all moved to the front of the stage and bowed before exiting the stage toward you. They slid by you, bouncing with the adrenaline from just performing. You swallowed hard and could feel your stomach twisting. You were next, and you didn't know how you could go after that performance. The woman from before stepped back onto the stage with her saccharine smile spread across her face.

"Those boys really know how to rock, don't they? Okay, up next, we have Miss Y/N, who is going to be singing a song for us. Put your hands together, everyone."

She set the microphone on the stand and rushed off stage, but you didn't replace her immediately. Suddenly, your legs felt like they couldn't move, and you were sure if you went out onto that stage, you would vomit everywhere. You thought of just running. The exit wasn't too far from where you were standing. No one would really care if you didn't perform. But then a cool hand landed on your shoulder, and you quickly turned to see who it belonged to. When you swiveled around, you were met with two big brown eyes staring at you. Your lips parted just slightly, but you didn't say anything. Evidently, it wasn't just your legs that decided to stop working. Eddie gave you a small smile.

"You're up. Don't worry, you're going to do great."

He squeezed your shoulder a little before giving you a little push toward the stage. You stumbled out from the side and kept your head down as you moved to the microphone. You pulled it off the stand, and the violins from Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman" started playing. It was too late to run now. You tapped your foot along to keep the beat with the song. Maybe you could still just walk off the stage. It's not like it would be a big deal. The show would just go on without you. But when you finally lifted your head, you saw Eddie standing where you had just occupied. He gave you a cheesy grin and two thumbs up, and for some reason, that little bit of encouragement kept you planted on the stage. And when it was time, you started singing. At first, you stayed in one spot, eyes trained on the wood in front of you. Then you forced yourself to peek back over at Eddie. A look of shock had replaced his smile. Finally, you turned to the crowd, and everyone else was wearing the same surprise. That was all you needed to start relaxing into the song. You started to move along to the beat before you began walking around the stage like it was yours. Your eyes were closed as you belted out every note and hit every run perfectly.

Midway through the song, the crowd was clapping along to the beat, and when it finally ended, they were madly applauding. You felt like your whole body was buzzing as you bowed and exited to where Eddie was still standing. When you reached the boy, you stopped in front of him. His jaw was slack, and his doe eyes were glued on you. In all the years you two had gone to school together, you had never said two words to one another. But for some reason, you felt the need to know what he thought of your performance. So, you stood a little straighter and lifted your chin high.

"So?" You asked.

He just shook his head as a tiny hint of a smirk pulled at his lips.

"Wow."

Hawkins High School Parking Lot – Present Day

"Wow," you said as you made your way to your car.

Eddie was bouncing like a child next to you.

"Isn't it a great idea? I ran it by the rest of the band, and they don't care. So, what do you think?"

You pulled on your backpack's straps, lifting your shoulders and then dropping them with a huff.

"Absolutely not."

Eddie's grin fell, and he threw his arms up.

"Oh, come on, Y/N. You're always talking about how we should do a duet."

"Yeah, in the comfort of your room or like," you waved your hand toward the trees, "deep in the woods where no one will hear."

Eddie pursed his lips and crossed his arms before his charming smile returned.

"It'll just be the two of us," he said, bumping your arm with his.

Your stomach did a little somersault, but you quickly recovered and shook your head.

"And a bar full of people, Eddie."

He moved his head from side to side, his hair dancing around his face with the movement.

"I wouldn't say full of people."

You stopped walking for a second and gave him a look, to which he put his hands up in defense. You continued toward your vehicle again, and Eddie had to jog to catch up.

"You can pick the song. What about that?"

When you finally reached your car, you leaned against the driver's side door and looked at Eddie. He was looking at you with those homeless puppy eyes he used when he really wanted something. You dropped your head and sighed before lifting your gaze back up to Eddie's.

"You really want to do this?"

"Hell yeah, I do!" He stood up straighter, then bowed dramatically saying, "It would be an honor to play with you."

"Ew," you said, pulling Eddie back upright, "don't do that."

He laughed as he swept his mop of hair out of his face. His cheeks were a little flushed, and your heart fluttered at the way he was smiling at you. You pulled your bottom lip between your teeth for a second, then hummed.

"I can pick the song?"

"Yep."

You raised your eyebrows.

"Even if you don't know it?"

Eddie took a step closer, taking your hand in his.

"I'll learn it."

This time it was Eddie's turn to raise his eyebrows at you. You let out a long breath, then said, "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy."

He dropped your hand, and his forehead creased.

"Excuse me?"

You turned and unlocked your car, then tossed your bag onto the passenger seat.

"That's the song I want to do."

When you turned back to Eddie, his hand was up, and he was shaking his head.

"Good Old- huh?"

"It's by Queen," you said with a chuckle, "and if you don't want to embarrass yourself trying to hit those notes, I'd start practicing now."

Eddie took a step back.

"What?"

You got into the driver's seat and turned your car on.

"What day do you guys play at The Hideout?"

"Next Tuesday."

"Great," you said, rolling the window down and shutting the door, "We can meet up at my place this weekend to practice before Tuesday."

You shifted into gear, then turned back to Eddie one last time.

"But," he said quietly, "Queen?"

You just laughed before saying, "Bye, Eddie," and driving off.

You and Eddie had been friends for a while now. After the middle school talent show, he wouldn't leave you alone. Every day at school, he would somehow find you even though you tried to keep to yourself. He just kept saying how someone so shy and reserved couldn't possibly have such a wonderful voice. He was mesmerized. At first, you tried to ignore him, but when he still wouldn't leave you alone, you caved and decided to hang out with him. He went to your house that first time. The two of you played in your backyard, and when you went inside, you showed him your growing record collection. You told him your favorite songs and artists, and he told you his.

It wasn't long after that first time that you two became inseparable. Even though you may not have had too much in common, one thing you two always bonded over was music. As you two got closer, Eddie began loaning you his cassettes. And every time he heard a new song on the radio, he thought you'd sing better; he would beg you to do a cover of it. Eventually, he took you into his little Hellfire group and properly introduced you to the rest of the boys. You finally had a group of friends that felt like home. But when you all entered high school, your friendly feelings toward Eddie slowly started to morph into something different.

Eddie was no longer a little boy. He got tall and grew his hair out, and his voice got deeper. He started to wear ripped jeans and these rings that seared your skin when he touched you. He started to hold doors open for you and allow you to walk ahead of him. He didn't even let you walk on the roadside of the sidewalk when you two were hanging out. Eddie became a man in the matter of a summer, and your heart couldn't handle it. You had always thought he was cute, but you were able to control your emotions up until freshman year. Your feelings only grew, but you never said anything because, in your mind, you couldn't fathom how someone like him could ever love someone like you. So, you decided that being his friend would have to do. You'd rather have him in your life as a friend than not at all.

The week went by quickly, and before you knew it, Saturday had arrived. Your parents were out, so you and Eddie would have the house to yourselves. You checked the clock as you frantically fixed the throw pillows on your couch at least ten times. This wasn't the first time Eddie had been to your house. It wasn't even the first time the two of you had been alone together, but still, there was so much nervous energy running through you. You were in the middle of recentering a glass figurine on the TV stand when the doorbell rang. You checked your reflection in the television before hurrying to the door. When you opened it, Eddie was standing on the doorstep, guitar and amp in hand. He smiled wide and held both up a little higher.

"You ready?"

You let out a little chuckle before moving out of the doorway so that he could enter. When the door shut, Eddie followed you to your room. You watched as he made himself at home. He placed his amp on the floor, plugged it in, and then plopped down onto the edge of the bed. When he connected his guitar to the amp and turned it on, you carefully sat next to him on your bed, crossing your legs in front of you. The bed shook lightly as Eddie fiddled with his guitar. Every so often, his arm would brush against yours, sending a flurry of butterflies wild in your gut. When he was done tuning up, he lifted his head, shaking his hair out of his face. He used his mouth to blow a few fly-aways out of his eyes and turned to you. For the first time since he sat down on your bed, you actually looked at him, and you immediately knew it was a mistake. Even though you had come to terms with the fact that you would never have him, it never got easier to be around him. He was too close. You could reach out and touch the little bit of stubble on his chin. Or you could trace the curvature of his lips if you really wanted to, and God did you want to. But you didn't. Instead, you just let your eyes take in every feature on his face, and when you finally looked up, you noticed he was doing the same. When he met your eyes again, you cleared your throat and saw his Adam's apple bobble.

"You want to count us off, or do you want me to?"

You shook your head and rubbed your hands on your thighs.

"Uh, no, no, I can do it."

You counted off quietly before starting to sing at the same time that Eddie started playing. At first, your singing was soft and muted until Eddie began harmonizing with you. When you heard the low vibrato of his voice, you relaxed into the song and opened up. You lifted your gaze to meet Eddie's, and he was already smiling at you. A little grin lifted the corners of your mouth as you continued to sing. Before long, you weren't singing with Eddie but singing to Eddie. The lyrics poured out of you until Eddie started to play the guitar solo, and you swayed along. The two of you started to lean in a little closer to one another as you sang, and when the song finally ended, you were much closer than you were when you started.

Neither of you moved. Instead, you just stared into the other's eyes until Eddie's dipped down to your lips. When he looked back up, he let out a little breath.

"I love you."

You pulled back just slightly, and your mouth fell open.

"W-what?"

You never thought you would hear those words come out of Eddie's mouth. At least not directed toward you. Eddie moved over on the bed, putting more space than necessary between you and him. He ran a hand over his face and shook his head.

"I'm sorry. I – shit, I don't know why I said that. I mean," Eddie stood up and placed his guitar down, "I do know, but I shouldn't have just said it like that."

He let out a dry laugh.

"I can't believe I just did that."

Your brain wasn't working. There were so many things you wanted to say. Why are you sorry? Please sit back down and kiss me. I love you too. But you couldn't create a sentence. You were so shell-shocked that Eddie had just said he loved you that you couldn't even comprehend what was going on until Eddie started to pace. He was dragging his hands through his messy hair and mumbling to himself.

"Eddie. Hey!"

He stopped moving and turned to face you. You could see the fear etched all over his face. His normally bright childlike eyes were clouded, and his forehead was creased. You took in a shaky breath.

"Did you mean it?"

"Mean what?"

You swallowed a few times, trying to control your rapid beating heart.

"Do you love me?"

He looked at you but didn't say anything at first. Then he gave a dry laugh.

"Of course, I do. How could I not?"

Your whole body felt like you had been electrocuted. You wanted to jump up and scream, but you couldn't. So, instead, you asked, "For how long?"

Eddie turned away from you for a second, and when he turned back, he ran his hand over his face again and blew out a long breath.

"Since you walked off the stage after killing that Chaka Khan song."

"Really?" You asked, your voice a little higher pitched than normal.

He nodded.

"God, yes. When we finished our song, and I saw you standing there, I thought, 'Oh, she's kind of cute,' and it turns out you're this powerhouse vocalist. I couldn't believe it."

He fell to his knees in front of you and took your hands in his.

"I was floored, but I knew I had to see you again. So, I just kept bothering you until you agreed to hang out."

Eddie let go of your hands and stood back up, pacing your room as he spoke.

"I knew I loved you before then, but after that day where we just talked about music, and you showed me your extensive record collection, I was sold. And then I heard you sing again."

He let out a low groan and then looked at you.

"You have no idea how much I love to hear you sing, Y/N. I can't even remember the song you sang because I was so focused on how beautiful your voice is. I can't get enough of it. I mean, seriously, you could sing the phone book, and I'd be falling at your feet begging you for more."

You let out a breathy laugh as he continued.

"But that's not even your best quality," he said, taking a seat next to you again. "You're nice and funny and always put me in my place when I start acting like a little shit. A-and my friends like you, and so does Uncle Wayne."

He took in a deep breath, then released it slowly.

"I've been so scared to say anything for all these years because I never wanted to lose you. But then you started singing that song to me, and I just couldn't help myself."

Eddie cupped your cheek and let his thumb trace down the side of your face, then over your bottom lip.

"I love you, Y/N. So much it fucking hurts."

Goosebumps pricked every inch of skin on your body at his touch. Your heart was beating so fast that it felt as if your chest was going to explode. You placed a hand over Eddie's, and a faint smile graced your lips.

"I love you too, Eddie." You brushed his bangs back. "So much it fucking hurts."

Eddie barked out a hysterical laugh that turned infectious, and soon you were both laughing before he grabbed your face and pulled your mouth onto his. It was tentative at first, but it quickly turned frantic and impatient. Years of unsaid feelings were being expressed by his lips devouring yours. His hands left your cheeks and traveled down your body until they landed on your hips. His fingers dug in a little, causing you to let out a little yelp that was swallowed by the kiss. Your stomach was tingling at all the sensations from his lips to his fingers on your body. If you had it your way, the kiss would never end. But you needed to properly breathe at some point. When he started to pull back, you leaned in, which caused him to grin into the kiss just before he released your lips. The sound of both your heavy breathing was all that filled the silence before you started to chuckle.

"What?" Eddie asked.

You shook your head.

"I can't believe it took you seven years to tell me."

Eddie rolled his eyes before looking at you in disbelief.

"You didn't say anything sooner either!"

"Okay, okay," you said through your laughter, "let's not point fingers."

When you finally regained your composure, you nodded toward Eddie's guitar.

"You want to do another run-through?"

Eddie hummed before reaching forward and running his thumb over your bottom lip.

"I'd rather just kiss you."

You knew you should practice again, but the day was young, and you had two days before you would be singing at The Hideout with Eddie. So, you leaned into his touch.

"I guess we can do that instead."

A wide grin spread across Eddie's face as he grabbed you and pulled you onto his lap.

"Good," he said before his lips were on yours again.

You don't know how long you spent tangled up with one another, but you didn't care. You had spent years waiting for this day to come, and you weren't going to rush a second of it. Practice could wait if it meant that you would have Eddie's lips and hands all over you. And it certainly did wait.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 25 22
Originally: "Stranger things oneshots :)" reminder that I do take requests. And if you would like to make one please do it in the character dividing...
509K 6.8K 30
mike, dustin, will, lucas, eleven, max, jonathan, billy, steve, eddie, & robin!! ____________________________________ i'm trying to make this as gend...
22.8K 320 31
***Completed until season 5*** In which, Rudy Harrington, younger brother of Steve Harrington, falls madly in love with one of the new girls from Cal...
189K 4.5K 50
She liked Science. He loved sports. He didn't like the rain or the smell of it. She did. She didn't like rock music. He could sing every unknown song...