Other Friends

By Wendydarlingx

Three friends versus small town chaos of Hawkins, Indiana. ________________________________________________... More

Cast
part i
Prologue
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10

1

10 2 0
By Wendydarlingx

November 6, 1983

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood." Bella and the 3 boys stare at Mike with rapt attention. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness... It is almost here."

Will gulped in nervousness, "What is it?"

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Bella quips, eyes wide.

Dustin flails his arms in frustration, "Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon!"

Lucas scoffs, "It's not the Demogorgon."

Mike slams a figurine onto the table, "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!"

"Troglodytes?" Dustin says amused, causing Bella to chuckle.

"Told ya," Lucas said jokingly and all the boys began to laugh, except for Mike who looked nervous and around him.

"Wait a minute. Did you hear that? That...that sound?

Boom...

Boom...

Boom!" Mike suddenly slams his hands on the table, startling the others.

"Jesus Mike!" Bella exclaims to the younger boy as she jumps at the noise.

"That didn't come from the troglodytes, no, that... That came from something else. The Demogorgon!" He slammed another figurine onto the table.

"Ha, you guys are fucked!" Bella laughs at their almost defeated looks.

"We're in deep shit." Dustin yells in a panic.

Mike looks to his friend, "Will, your action!?"

"I don't know" Will replies in an almost panic.

"Fireball him!" Lucas demands.

"He'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" Bella tries to speak over the panicking boys.

"You're crazy!" Dustin yells at Bella, "Too risky. Cast a protection spell." He turned, saying to Will.

"Don't be a pussy. Fireball him!" Lucas argues.

"Cast protection." Dustin encourages.

Mike yells, "The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you. Boom!" The boys go back and forth bickering, yelling over each other.

"Fireball him, Will!"

"Another stomp, boom!"

"Cast protection!"

"He roars in anger!" Mike tries to yell over Dustin and Lucas.

Will panics and picks, "Fireball!" He throws the dice, but they fall off the table.

"Oh, shit!" Will whispered.

"Where'd it go? Where is it?" Lucas yells to the boys.

They all get up from the table to search for the dice, Bella joining the search. The boys began to panic and ramble.

"I don't know!"

"Is it a 13?"

"I don't know!"

"Where is it?"

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Oh, my God!"

"Dustin! Shut up! Boys! Stop shouting!" Bella shouted.

The door to the basement opens, Mike's mom calls down to the teens. "Mike! Bella!" She is ignored by the boys, as they continue looking for the dice.

"Can you find it yet?"

"No, I can't find it!"

Mike runs to the stairs to talk to his mother, and Bella stops with a sigh. "Alright boys, we're done. Pack it up!" The boys still look, ignoring the babysitter, besides Dustin who puts on his jacket.

Will and Lucas stand up when Mike closes the door, walking after his mother. "Oh, I got it! Does a seven count?" Will questions

"It was a seven? Did Mike see it?" Will shakes his head, "Then it doesn't count." Lucas tells his friend.

"Guys. For real, let's go." Bella said again, pointing towards Lucas, "I don't want another phone call from your mother!"

Dustin picks up a pizza box. "Yo, hey guys. Does anyone want this?" The three say no, making Dustin turn towards the stairs.

"Make it fast. Don't want me to call your sister, do you?" Bella threatens Dustin, while putting on her jacket.

Dustin turns to her and smiles, "You wouldn't. You love me too much." He then proceeds to run up the stairs, before Bella could answer.

She shook her head in exasperation, whispering "Whatever". The two boys left towards the garage accompanied by Bella.

Lucas looks up to Bella, "Is he your favorite?"

Bella's eyebrows furrow, as she looks down at him. "Uhh, what? Favorite? I have no favorite."

Lucas scoffs at her answer. "No really, everyone has a favorite. Lizzy has a favorite, and she hates us."

She then chuckles looking towards the bikes in the garage. "Well it's not you." Nudging him, "Lizzy might have a favorite but I don't."

Dustin joins the group and looks up to Mike, "There's something wrong with your sister."

"What are you talking about?" Mike asks quizzically.

"She's got a stick up her butt." Dustin replies.

"What's new though?" Bella says sarcastically.

"Yeah. It's because she's been dating that douche bag, Steve Harrington." Lucas casually inputs as he gets on his bike.

"Yeah, she's turning into a real jerk." Dustin says. The boys and Bella start to get on their bikes to head home.

Mike rolls his eyes, "She's always been a real jerk."

Dustin shakes his head, "Nuh-Uh, she used to be cool like Bella, Lizzy and even my sister." The four non-Wheelers begin to ride away on their bikes. Dustin is still complaining about Nancy. "Like that time she dressed up as an elf for our Elder tree campaign."

"Four years ago!" Mike yells at the retreating Dustin.

"Just saying!" Dustin shouts back.

"Later!" Lucas tells Mike.

Will waits a moment and Bella stays to accompany Will home. "It was a seven."

Mike looks at Will, "Huh?"

"The roll, it was a seven. The Demogorgon, it got me. See you tomorrow." Will then starts to bike to Dustin and Lucas.

Bella then smiles at Will. "As long as I'm around kid, the Demogorgon isn't going to touch you. Got it?" Will smiles back as he nods to her.

Lucas gets to his house first, "Good night ladies."

"Kiss your mom night for me!" "Go straight to bed Lucas!" Dustin and Bella say at the same time.

Dustin then looks to Will, "Race you back to my place? Winner gets a comic." Bella smirks at the two as they go down the road.

"Any comic?" Will questions.

"Yeah." Dustin agrees. Will then speeds past Dustin. Bella started to laugh at the look on Dustin's face. "Hey! Hey! I didn't say 'go'! Get back here! I'm gonna kill you!" Dustin shouts after Will.

As the trio almost pass Dustin's house, Will shouts back "I'll take your X-Men 134!"

"See you tomorrow Dustin!" Bella yells at the panting Dustin.

"Where are you going?" Dustin shouts at her.

"My job!" Bella shouts back, continuing after Will.

As the duo get closer to Will's house, suddenly the light on Will's bike flickers off and on. Will gasps after seeing a figure in the road, making him veer off the road, crashing his bike. Bella, in concern, goes to him. As she gets closer, Will looks up at the road to see the figure turning towards them, with unnaturally long arms.

He suddenly grabs Bella, abandoning their bikes and running into the forest towards his house. "Will, what's going on? Did you see something?"

"Just run!" Will tells the older teen.

When they reach the house, they run inside; Bella locking the door as Will calls into the home. "Mom? Jonathan? Mom?"

"Will, what did you see?" Bella tries to question again.

Will ignores her and looks out the window, seeing the figure approaching the house. He rushes to the phone to dial 911, when Bella looks outside to see the thing spooked him.

"Hello? Hello?" cries Will into the phone.

"What the fuck. What the fuck" Bella began to mutter as the figure approached the front door, and quickly runs to be in front of Will.

They move to run to the shed behind the house, leaving the phone off the hook. He retrieves a shotgun from the wall of the shed, Bella quickly grabbing it from him, trying to load it quickly. She points it at the door, shielding Will; but after a few moments they hear growling from behind the shed.

Slowly they turn around and their eyes widen. The growling turns into screeching, causing Bella to grab and hold onto Will in fright. The light in the shed starts to get brighter and brighter, causing them both to close their eyes waiting for the inevitable. The last thing that they hear is the screeching.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
11.5M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
661K 24.1K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...