Right Person, Wrong Time

By Definition_Unstable

(Eddie's alive Au, Completed!) Steve's family problems start again as his parents arrive home for the first t... More

²) Movie Night
³) Bonding
⁴) Incidents...
⁵) Arguments
⁶) Confessions
⁷) Bandaging
⁸) Beach Day
⁹) Work Conversations
¹⁰) Childish Drinking
¹¹) Hendersons Questioning
¹²) Shopping for Bucks
¹³) France Journey
¹⁴) Fluent in French?
A/N
¹⁵) Meeting Family
¹⁶) Why?
¹⁷) Hospital visits
¹⁸) Unexpected news
HELP A/N
The End...?
WTF

¹) Parents

1.2K 27 27
By Definition_Unstable

Everyone thinks that my life is so fucking perfect. That I’m Steve Harrington I get all of chicks in Hawkins and I am popular. Well I fucking hate my shitty life. I have, let’s say, a few close friends but I feel like they are getting sick of me everything they see me – it’s fucking annoying. I have been through so much shit it is killing me, and I haven’t been able to tell anyone because well…
I’m scared…terrified even of what they will say but hey who know? Maybe I’ll crash my car on the way to my shitty job. Hopefully.

Steve awoke to shouting and screaming coming from downstairs. He gave a groan and left his room, walking to the bathroom and trying his best to ignore the fighting going on. As soon as he entered the bathroom and locked the door he looked at himself in the mirror, styling his hair. Once finishing, he went back to his room and slipped on a pair or blue baggy jeans, a blue and white striped long sleeved shirt and slipping his work best over the top. He stood at the top of the stairs and took a deep breath before walking down and into the kitchen.

“Oh you worthless mother fucker, Dave! You expect me to do all of the chores around here?!” His mother and father were arguing, like always, and he just turns walked past them getting a glass of water.

“You the woman around here! You’re suppose to do all the cleaning and shit!” His father yelled back. Steve looked at his father shook, “What are you looking at Steve?” He grabbed Steve by the collar.

“Don’t bring our son into this! He had nothing to be blamed for!” His mother was trying to defend him and his father let go thankfully.

“He has ever right to be blamed! He’s bringing our family reputation down, he is a fucking worthless kid who has nothing best to do than to have sex with the next girl he sees! Who even know, he might move onto guys once he has wiped out all the girls! Like the queer he is.” His father gave him a confident grin, as if he was mocking him.

“Do not. Call our son a queer. Even if it was true I couldn’t care less because he is my son no matter what and he is your too. So act like a good father.” His father just scoffed and Steve went over to his mother and kissed her cheek. He felt glad all of a sudden, since his mother didn’t care if he was gay or not he felt happy because he was gay, bisexual to be precise.

“I’m going work now, I’ll see you later.” He smiled at his mother.

“Have a good day, Steve.” She waved him goodbye and as Steve closed the door he heard the arguments continue on.
He jumped into his car and smashed his head into the drivers wheel and sighed before driving off to pick up someone. He pulled up to the side of the road in front of a house and someone ran out of the house with someone running after them.

“Steve drive!” The girl yelled as Steve drive of quickly and the women shouting curse.
Steve figured that she had gotten into another argument with her parents and continued on to work.

“Another argument? Robin?” he questioned pulling into a parking space.

She nodded chuckling slightly and they both got out, unlocking the store. Robin was one of his best friends and one of the only ones who knew he was bisexual since she was also gay - lesbian.  Although he felt bad for all of the girls he goes with since he is lying to then about being straight, it all just a cover up so that people know he is straight.

Robin went into the back to grab a bow of vhs tapes and started stacking them whilst Steve was behind the counter waiting for customers. Finally a the bell rung and Steve turned his attention to the door. Of course it had to be a curly haired boy with black haired boy. Dustin and Mike, Steve never gets a break from the shit heads. They started looking around and then Dustin came up to Steve jumping over the counter.

“Dude! What the hell?” Steve yelled, Robin poked her head up to see what all the commotion was.

“Listen kids today is one of our busiest days and now is not the time for you guys to play around!” Robin yelled coming over to help pick up the knocked over tapes.
Dustin gave her a look and Mike stood in front of the counter waiting. Dustin started typing on the computer.

“what are you doing man?” Steve questioned looking over his shoulder.

“Seeing what Eddie bought last because we are having a movie night.” Mike then spoke, “oh! I heard he liked Aliens Dustin and also Labyrinth, I’ll try find them!”

Mike ran off looking and leaving Dustin in the process. Dustin slammed his first on the counter.

“Why is he not showing up on the system! I typed in Eddie Munson!” Dustin sounded irritated.

“Maybe because his actual name is Edward? Ever thought of that smart ass?” Steve pushed him of the chair and started typing, “See Edward Munson. There are all the movies he’s got in the past month most of them are horror and R-rated so don’t even think about getting them!” Steve acted like a mom most of the time to make up for his own family issues.

“Okay mom. Anyway can we do movie night at yours?” Dustin asked.

Robin and Steve shared a look and just as Steve opened his mouth to talk, someone else came into the store. It was Eddie. His long curly hair bouncing as he walked, he keys jingling as he spun them round his finger. He’s actually pretty hot. Eddie approached the counter and Steve snapped out of it as he leaned in.

“Hey guys. Miss me?” Eddie spoke with a stupid grin on his face. Steve turn to him then back to Dustin.

“I’m not sure my house is the best option. My parents are home. They have been for the week I told you this.” Steve said in worry.

“Okay and? You parents aren’t that bad and they can deal with us going round!” Aren't that bad my ass, Steve gave an annoying groan as if Mike hit a never or something, which he did.

“Mike.” Dustin turned to Mike and shook his head and Mike immediately started to apologize.

Steve stayed silent for a while and he felt everyone starring at him. He started to feel his throat closing up on him. Shit. Steve quickly went into the back room and closed the door behind him. He heard them talking about him, Mike was saying he was over reacting to what he said. He slid down the wall and let out a shaky breath he didn’t know he was holding.

Bullshit! Steve gripped hold of a handful of his hair, trying nit to listen to the thought in his head. The door opened and Robin stood there and she slowly walked over to him.
Steve leaned into her shoulder and started to cry into it, with her shushing him and trying the best she could to get his parents of his mind.

“Its okay Steve… Don’t worry about it.” Robin whispered. Steve let out a quiet whine and buried his head into her shoulder even more.

“I can’t… if they find out them I’m definitely screwed! They’ll kill me Robin I’ll be disowned and have nowhere to go!” Steve cried as he picked at his lips.

“Well if you get disowned I’m running away and staying with ya. Since you know my mom is absolutely shit!” Robin laughed trying to lighten the mood and Steve smiled.

“I love you Robin…” Steve muttered.

“I love you too Stevie. Now come on let’s get back to work, I’m sure Eddie has talked to Mike so don’t worry.” Robin stood up and extended and arm to help him up.

Eventually they both walked out and they three of them looked over at them. They all went back to talking and Steve soon gave in saying he will ask his parents when he gets back home. Dustin quickly threw himself on his, hugging him tightly and thanking him. He looked over at Mike who looked ashamed and walked over to him ruffling his hair.

“Don’t stress about it Wheeler it’s fine.” Steve gave him a reassured smile and Mike smiled back, “Now all of you pick a god damn movie and get out.”

They started looking for a movie and then Eddie came up to the counter placing down Ghostbusters.

“Since you didn’t want the kids watching and R-rated.” Eddie gave a wink and Steve rolled his eyes.

“11.95 Edward. Pay up.” Steve typed in on the computer and Eddie smacked down the money on the counters. It startles Steve a bit but he took the money and gave his change and the movie in a bag, “Have a nice night.”

As Eddie left Steve flipped him off and Eddie gave and arrogant smile. It pisses of Steve how he can almost take anything without getting offended. Steve turned to Robin and looked up at the TV. There was a virus going around that affected gay men apparently. It was called AIDS and it is past on through queer sex. Steve’s stomach knotted at the mention of it.

“Looks like we need to be careful then…” Robin mumbled under her breath. Steve nodded slowly and carried on working.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

573 2 20
Decided to do a Steddie one shot. Might do more, requests are open if you'd like me to make one for you
916 31 8
"I was fucking embarrassed, Steve, and by the time I realized how fucked I was, it was too late." Steve couldn't breathe for a second. There were so...
8.3K 176 4
[Eddie x Steve] [COMPLETED Content Warnings: Sexual Situations, Self H/rm, S/icide Mentions, Dr/g Use, Drinking. Season 4 Stranger Things Spoilers. P...
7.2K 132 11
Eddie gets rescued and him and Steve fall in love. It's my first fanfic so I hope you enjoy it. I tried to make it so everything makes sense cause t...