Mr. Corporate Law

By SevenDeadlyBodies

Lawler & Walsh. Corporate Law firm that specializes in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Dispute Resoluti... More

1.0: Lawler & Walsh
1.1: L&W Lawyer - Nathaniel Walsh
1.2: L&W Lawyer - Adrian Lawler
1.3: L&W Lawyer - Dominic Walsh
1.4: L&W Lawyer - Erika Barnett
1.5: L&W Lawyer - Hamish Schwartz
1.6: L&W Lawyer - Marianne Lawler
1.7: Welcome to Our World
1.8: Welcome to My Office
1.9: Welcome Mrs Lawler Number Three
2.0: Welcome Mrs Walsh Number Three
2.1: Rules, Regulations and Responsibilities in Lawler & Walsh
2.2: L&W Rules - Office Romance is Prohibited
2.3: L&W Rules - Partners have Priority and Superiority
2.4: L&W Rules - Some Things are Better Left Unsaid
2.5: L&W Rules - Meetings must be kept Professional
2.6: L&W Rules - Use your Networks Wisely
2.7: L&W Rules - Recreational Activities Happen on Your Own Time
2.8: L&W Rules - Respect the Chain of Command
2.9: L&W Rules - Victory is Rewarded
3.0: L&W Rules - You Belong to Us
3.1: New York City
3.2: NYC - Reputation
3.3: NYC - Celebration
3.4: NYC - Deception
3.5: NYC - Secrets
3.6: NYC - Truth
3.7: NYC - Plastic
3.8: NYC - Manipulation
3.9: NYC - Breakdown
4.0: NYC to LA
4.1: The Ex-Lover
4.2: The Daddy's Girl
4.3: The Resident Bad Boy
4.4: The Girl's Best Friend
4.5: The Worst Nightmare
4.6: The Man She Loved
4.7: The Sly Man
4.8: The Crazy Couple
4.9: The Pleasant Reminder
5.0: The Plan Starts Now
5.1: Day One - Father Knows Best
5.2: Day Two - The Awkward Approach
5.3: Day Three - Art of Seduction
5.4: Day Four - Final Toast
5.5: Day Five - The Night Before
5.6: Day Six - Confessions
5.7: Day Seven - Back to Business
5.8: Day Eight - Old Dominic
5.9: Day Nine - Old Marianne
6.0: Day Ten - Goodbye Mr Walsh
Dirty Little Secret
PREVIEW: Mrs Corporate Law
Mrs Corporate Law is out!

6.1: All Over

10K 190 18
By SevenDeadlyBodies

A couple of days later, the media went on a frenzy and the firm slightly struggled when long-term and new clients questioned the reputation my Father and Nathaniel built all these years, and it took almost two weeks to reassure each and every client in every office that the firm had changed to Dominic and I and that we would rebuild the firm our way - as the second generation. We had to take business trips to the other offices to meet with them as proof too, occasionally having to go separately as the meeting hours were at the same time. And there were days I was left alone in Los Angeles, and other days it was him.

It was hard to not feel lonely when we still needed each other for comfort as we got over the hurdle that was Nathaniel Walsh, but I supposed being busy helped too.

It took a day or two afterwards to fully ease down, and once everything settled, Dominic surprised me one morning, rushing into our bedroom between my preparations for another day at work with a bright idea. He had a wide grin as he announced that he would tell the employees that he and I would be gone for a few days for a much deserving break.

I told him he was crazy.

I mean, it was! We'd only just settled properly back into our office, and there he was telling me that we were leaving them again. I could only imagine the amount of paper work.

He didn't listen to me though. And his lavished new self was probably hard to get rid of as Dominic's choice of a getaway was at a resort in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico. I think it was called, "One & Only Palmilla". When I questioned him about the decision and everything else, he reasoned with me that he chose that particular resort due to all the recommendations from his Father and Mother, who supposedly escaped the dramas with their business and his Uncle to that resort. I don't know if it's our different lifestyle growing up, but I don't think my Parents would runaway from their dramas there... Well, maybe my Father.

We checked into a suite with a pool, very private and something I much preferred as I had a nearly four month old baby bump that slightly grew bigger over the past two weeks, so I wasn't particularly fond of lounging in public at the beach and getting a tan, and despite how early to the party the baby came, Dominic forced and did all he could to make sure I was pampered. He truly loved me, and it showed through his actions as he gave me what I wanted and treated me to a nice spa day on my own, although I couldn't help but think what he was up to when he sent me away for an hour and a bit.

I stretched and felt so relaxed as I wandered back into the suite with just a robe loosely wrapped around me and my hair tied up in a high bun. There were no signs of Dominic in the room once I got back, there weren't any scattered clothing to show that he went for a dip in the pool or any footprints to trail to wherever he went in the suite, and it definitely made me a lot more curious as to what he was up to. He wasn't acting suspicious, which made the whole thing seem suspicious itself, considering that he acted way into character to even be normal... If that made any sense. But whatever, I was far too relaxed to even bother nor care, I just needed to take a seat though, gather myself and find some way to let out any unwanted thoughts to make me doubt or upset at all, and I supposed Dominic made the right call about going away and take a break - recollect ourselves before we start the year all over again.

It was like a second chance.

I stared down at my engagement ring, the pretty ring that stuck by me for nearly two years, and I couldn't believe it's been nearly that when he straddled me on our bed and told me to marry him. I was more than happy to have another chance of being with that very same Dominic Walsh. I was going to be his wife, well, who knows when we'd ever tie that knot as we've both had no chance to talk about getting married, and a lot busier now thanks to the fact we've been given such a responsibility with the firm. And of course, not to forget the upcoming challenges of parenthood.

"I'm going to be a Mom," I cooed to myself, sighing at the reality of it by caressing the baby bump, though small, it was heck of a lot bigger than when we first announced it to our family. "You're some kind of a miracle baby to be able to go through that same amount of stress that I went through," I sighed. "I'm sorry for even letting you go through that."

The door leading to the pool opened, wearing only the pair of jeans he arrived in, Dominic wandered in with a smile. His right dimple peeked through the light stubbles around his jawline as he tucked away his phone and asked, "Who are you talking to?"

"Our baby." I pointed to the bump. "Where have you been? I thought you said no work during this break."

"Yeah, that wasn't work," He replied.

"Then?"

"It's nothing."

I slightly frowned, my lips pursed as I heavily exhaled through my nostrils, having them flare up each time I did. Dominic only chuckled and came closer, pulling me to my feet as he said, "No, I don't have some secret life outside of you or have a mistress hiding somewhere else. I only have you. I only want you."

"Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes, he was very obvious when it came to teasing me. He had a way with words that would always sweep me off my feet. I poked at his bare chest and asked, "So who was on the phone then?"

"Your Mother."

"Don't lie."

"I am not lying." Dominic backed himself up by pulling out the phone he used from his pocket, turning it around and showed that the phone he used to talk on was mine.

"What were you doing with my phone?" I pretended to be surprised. "I could have a secret lover in there that you wouldn't like to read about."

"Secret lover?" Dominic repeated with a snort. "Secret lover, my ass," He scoffed and swooped me off my feet and carried me like a bride, but in reflex, I wrapped my arms around his neck for safety.

"Okay, okay, I don't have one!" I willingly admitted defeat as I didn't like the drop between his height and the floor, even when I felt his grip properly secured and tight, I worried about the little things while I was pregnant - it couldn't be helped. "And where are you taking me?" I added once he started moving.

"There's a jacuzzi outside, and I really  wouldn't mind having a naked dip with my only lover." - Emphasis on only.

That was how our first day was spent, we were alone and in a private place where we had no one else to take care of other than ourselves. No worries. No doubts or lurking troubles. Not once have I even thought about work and being a lawyer in general.

It felt... Great.

Although that wasn't where it stopped of course, but I definitely had no expectations for any plans other than just a break.

January 29

"Dominic Walsh, go away, I want to sleep."

"Annie, wake up."

"No, Dom!"

"It's not Dominic, you goof!" I heard a feminine voice, definitely not my husband-to-be that's for sure. And my head jolted with a dazed expression, my brain slightly jumbled at the fact I pushed myself up too quickly. I slightly moaned and blinked a few times, rubbing my eyes as my vision slowly became clearer and I saw-

"Boo? What the heck?"

A widely grinning Erika came into view, her blond hair properly tied into a high bun and her face seemed a bit freshly made up with cosmetics, yet had a natural glow to her. She was barely a few inches away before she slithered off the bed and extended her slender arms to the air, behind her was my Mother and Dominic's Mother, Elizabeth.

"A-Ah-" My jaws dropped and I couldn't put one and one together.

"Close your mouth dear, that's inappropriate and unladylike," My Mother scolded me.

I closed my eyes and shook my head, the sudden throbbing of everything coming too quickly bothered me. Was this all a dream?

"Boo, this is real and you better hurry up! You're going to be late!" Erika clasped her hands together and helped me to my feet.

"Late? Late for what? What are you-" I looked back at my Mother and noticed she'd been wearing something that I'd consider to be her 'dressing up', I mean, she had her mid-length blond locks straightened with a floral clip to hold back any loose strands that blocked her face, and well, she wore a beige knee-length dress that had a shimmering stretch-woven sheath with a sheer lace yoke and matching open-front topper. My Mother dressed like that when there was something of a certain occasion.

And Elizabeth was just the same, although it's pretty common to see Dominic's Mother dress up like that, however, the more I eyed her dress, the more I noticed how formal it was too. It had a metallic tone with intricate embellished patterning forms shimmering streams of beads and sequins for a glittering, sleeveless dress, and due to her being quite a slender woman for her age, it was quite a figure-skimming one at that.

I slightly frowned and turned back to Erika, examining her too. She wore a peachy summer dress, quite sheer from the knees and down and nude flats. Okay, something was definitely up. I shuffled on the spot, feeling the discomfort of not knowing what was going on as I croaked, "Why are you all dressed up anyway?"

"Just stop moving!" She man-handled me onto one of the chairs in the dining area of the suite, and not long after did two or three women wander in with bags and other things, setting up a quick parlor right in the very room and they began to flash their make up brushes amongst other things.

"Okay, what's-" My best friend covered my mouth and stood in front of me, she shook her head and whispered, "Just let it happen."

I pried her hand off of me. "Okay, but can I just say that I haven't showered yet," I awkwardly mumbled as the other people in the room stared at me trying not to laugh.

"Oh, yeah," She giggled and helped me back up and led me to the bathroom. At least she agreed. I have time to take a breather and think about what's going on, because I really needed the time to analyze what the hell is going on.

I actually don't have a clue what's going on and why the ladies were in the suite, better yet, I haven't got a clue as to where my lover boy is. All I remember from last night was that Dominic and I binge watched a couple of movies, like Sixth Sense and the Die Hard series as the man loved his slice of Bruce Willis every once and a while. Then right before I fell asleep to the sounds of Guns shooting, my fiancé told me that he was excited for what he had planned the next day, and honestly, I thought nothing of it. I instinctively thought that he'd take me to an adventure around the area or actually participate in activities around the place.

But no.

It must've been some sort of an elaborate plan if he managed to get my Mother, his Mother and Erika into the mix. Maybe it's a big birthday party for someone or an anniversary, but neither of those suited us, we weren't anywhere near significant dates in our relationship. I couldn't put two and two together. I figured it must have been some massive plan he had to surprise me again, since he's sort of in this phase where he thought pampering me in a luxurious manner was something I wanted. So having my Mother, his Mother and my best friend was certainly a wow-factor.

I'm not sure what Dominic Walsh hid under his sleeve, he had something planned and it was pretty darn obvious, but he hid it so damn well that not one clue popped into my head as to why he planned it. Maybe he wanted to make up for everything and thank me for having put up with him.

I giggled at the thought.

"Annie, hurry up!"

"Okay, okay, I'm coming, sheesh!" I wrapped my hair with a towel as I covered myself with one of the bathrobes, nothing but a pair of panties and a bra underneath.

Possibly the only items of clothing I'd worn these last few days to be honest.

I wandered outside and sat down on the same seat and let the women work their magic. One fiddled with my hair, drying it with the blow dryer and massaging my scalp in the process. The other gave me a manicure and pedicure, which made me giggle throughout the whole time. And the third had been giving me a make over, placing lotion and cream and whatever all over my face. It last quite a while, and it didn't help when Erika seemed frantic and stared at the clock a lot more often whilst my Mother and Dominic's Mother were casually chatting in their prim and proper clothing.

"Mom, can I ask-"

"-Not the time, sweetie," She raised a finger and interrupted me before another word could escape me, and Elizabeth grinned towards me as it happened. I could only cock an eyebrow, confused even more than I already was.

"Erika, darling, would you be so kind and get the dress?" Elizabeth instructed, which my best friend quickly did so as all three of them approached me, Dominic's Mother being the one to lend me a hand to get back up to my feet. She eyed me up and down, even around to see if there was anything else that needed to be worked on, but I must've given her a good impression as she nodded and gave a gentle pat on my baby bump, adding, "You have that motherly glow about you, my dear."

"Your son is very excited," I smiled.

"Of course! I was going to scold that boy if he hadn't chased after you once you two had called for a break," She snorted, obviously showing that she had rooted for her son and I to get to where we were, although, I'm pretty sure - since she is quite an old-fashioned woman - that she'd wanted to get us to get married prior to having a child.

My Mother only giggled to herself by the door as Erika returned to the room, holding up a long dress that barely touched the floor - even when she already had her arm stretched out above her head whilst holding onto the hanger that held onto it - and it didn't seem so clear as it was hidden behind a plastic cover. On her other hand, clipped loosely on two of her fingers, dangled a pair of off-white heels - though only two inches highs and a double strap for the ankles.

I gulped. Butterflies began to fly around in my belly, and I'm pretty sure the baby on board felt it too as I suddenly had that strong urge to vomit again. "Wha-What's that?" I stammered, trying so hard not to ruin the hard work the three women did to make me look pretty.

"Ta-da!" Erika yelped as she revealed what hid behind the plastic cover.

And. I. Was. Speechless.

Behind the plastic cover was an off-white dress, starting with a sweetheart neckline with pretty little beads amazingly placed in particular places followed by the beautiful ruffled sheaths that began from just above the waist and layered all the way to the floor, and the two parts were separated by the textured dark beige belt sewn onto the dress with a floral broché right in the middle. It looked a lot like a-

Oh God, no-

Can't be... Can it?

I took a deep breath and tried hard not to get teary, although a whimper escaped me as I began to trail my fingers along the dress, feeling the material and the texture right on the neckline. There was no way that Dominic planned something that big... Could he?

There was no way.

"Let's get dressed, boo," Erika smiled. I nodded and allowed her to help me slip it on, and there were no words to describe how incredibly comfortable it was as well as how perfectly it cupped my breast - especially since they slightly plumped up in preparation for the bundle of the joy - and I didn't even need a bra for it! Oh, and don't get me started at how free it felt as the belt wrapped right under my breast and allowed my bump to breathe ever so freely.

I stared at myself in the mirror.

I barely recognized myself.

My hair was tied into a bun too, but the flower crown on a braided wire crown complete with white berries certainly made it pop out. I felt excited, my heart racing at the speed of light and pounded heavily against my chest, and I couldn't help it - it must be my hormones - but the thought of Dominic being this romantic and elaborate and going the extra mile made my eyes water.

My best friend noticed, she gave me light taps on both shoulders as she stared me right in the eyes with her blue ones and tried to get me in sync with her breathing. She even made circular shapes with her lips to express an exhale. A chuckle escaped me from her expressions, and she joined in right after as she grinned and said, "Boo, don't cry okay?"

"Alright," I said in between the cackle. "But I don't think it'll be a surprise now."

"Actually, it still will be," She sounded quite smug too.

"Time to go, my dears," My Mother called from outside the room.

"Are you ready?" Erika asked.

I nodded. "How can I not be?"

"Good, because he's waiting."

"I know he is."

And I was right.

My Mother, Elizabeth and Erika all escorted me to the location, and I didn't even need to think any more than I already did once we got to the point. Walking up the stone steps started that anxious feeling creep up deep inside, my hairs on my arms and the back of my neck stood from the overwhelming feeling of what I'd be expecting once the wooden doors opened. And at the top of the stairs was my Father, standing tall and proud, his lips itching to flash a smile once we locked eyes as he clasped his hands together trying not to show any more emotion that he already did. He couldn't even say anything as he raised one arm, opening his hand towards me with his palms facing upwards, and that creeping smile appeared on his face.

"Daddy," I cooed.

"Sweetheart," He cooed in response.

"We'll give you a moment, Adrian," Elizabeth spoke from behind me as she and my Mother linked arms and wandered inside through one door, the one that was furthest away from us. Erika stayed, but she had her attention facing towards the small gap between the doors. I waited for her to be properly distracted before I faced my Father, the smile still stapled on my face as he gave me a light peck on the forehead.

"You looked beautiful," He complimented. "Somewhat like your Mother."

"Somewhat?" I questioned.

"Well, yes, because you've got my charms." My Father cracked a joke. That was something unheard of for quite a long time, even causing Erika to giggle on the side, clearly eavesdropping on the moment between my Father and I.

"Daddy, I can't-"

"-Then don't." He shook his head. "I need to hand you over to the man waiting at the other side."

"I know."

"Just promise me one thing."

"Sure."

My Father heavily puffed to the side as he said, "Don't become me."

There wasn't any proper response I could give to him about that statement, I mean, I didn't understand it, but I supposed he meant about raising my child and any other child afterwards. Or did he have another meaning behind that?

"Don't think about it and let's go," He scolded me for the last time, linking his arm with mine as he led me to the door, where Erika was given the nod and slipped in between the gap. My Father patted my hand and asked, "Are you ready?"

"There's no time like the present."

"Good."

And in that moment, the doors slowly opened and revealed the inside of the chapel. I nearly fell to my knees as I held my breath after my gasp. It was beautiful. It was a chapel that exuded an aura of romance and enchantment, in traditional Mexican style, whitewashed with arched doorways and windows. White petals were scattered alone the aisle, ribbons tied knot to knot from each pew to another. Inside were the same group of people that celebrated that surprise Christmas party in the law office, and they were all looking at me.

My nerves battled it out with my melted heart, and my Father had to start walking to get me to start walking, because if he hadn't, I obviously wouldn't have been able to move at all! Along the way, my close friends, my Brother, Mother, step-Father, Antonia and the twins were spread along a few pews on the left side, while on the right were Dominic's close friends and family. It wasn't long before I trailed my gaze from the petals scattered on the floor towards the man at the end of the aisle, one hand clasped over the other as he wore a grey and white suit.

"Remember, sweetheart, smile," My Father whispered subtly as he unhooked his arm from his and beckoned me with a stretched arm towards the man waiting for me. "Remember, I love you."

"I love you too," I continued to whimper any words that escaped me.

"Marianne Lawler," I heard the deep voice call for me, and my attention quickly turned to him. I wasted no time to meet him halfway, wrapped my arms around him and nuzzling into the nape of his neck, whiffing in that familiar cologne that he always wore and never wanted to let him go. He did the same, his arms wrapped tightly around me as he pressed his lips at the side of my head.

We were like that for a moment before he had forced us apart, his hands trailed and caressed down my arms before intertwining our fingers. The pretty hazel eyes stared deep into mine as he whispered, "You look beautiful, like always."

"I can't believe you did this. All of it."

"I told you I'd make up for the greatest surprise you gave me last year. What do you think?"

"You overdid it, Dominic Walsh," I teased.

"Is that so?" He smirked. "And how can I make it less perfect?"

I pouted a bit, thinking for a second before I let go of his hands and untied the bow tie, taking it off completely and unbuttoning the two buttons that made him seem so uptight. "Much better," I continued to tease.

"Then are you ready to get married?"

"I've always been ready since you asked me."

"I love you."

The wedding ceremony continued from there. We couldn't stop staring at each other, our eyes only at each other. Dominic had this goofy grin on him that showed he was just as ecstatic as I was being there with him, finally making everything official by tying the knot.

We were officially Mr and Mrs Walsh.

That title was sealed by the first kiss, and we were married.

After a long journey to where we stood, in front of our loved ones certainly made it worth it. There were no words to describe how I felt, how he felt and how everyone else felt - though I assumed a few of them were more relieved than the others. I mean, we wouldn't have been there if we hadn't worked hard for each other. How hard I worked to try and get the old Dominic Walsh back, and there he was, holding my hand as we walked out of the chapel as our old selves.

Exactly what I wanted to begin with.

And, as in the "happily ever after" of fairy tales, we left the chapel by horse-drawn carriage.

Cheesy?

No.

Well, maybe.

But you know what?

I got to marry my Prince Charming, and that's all that matters.

The End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

901K 26.8K 30
Adeline Ember Jules- A 25 year old woman who has just finished university for design and business. Waiting for a full time job she currently work...
84.8K 6.4K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...
511K 4.4K 7
"You're playing a very dangerous game, Cassie," Adrian says, staring at me with so much intensity that I take a step backward, my back hitting his of...
8.9K 770 22
ššØšØš¤ šŽš§šž šŽšŸ š“šØš®šœš” š’šžš«š¢šžš¬ " š–š”ššš­ šœššš§ š°šž šžš±š©šžšœš­šž šŸš«šØš¦ š­š”šž š©šžšØš©š„šž š°š”šØ ššžš¬š¢š«šžš š­šØ š„š¢...