The Loud House - Wild Card

Por zdforrest

Ten years have passed since Lincoln's disappearance, leaving his family broken beyond repair. Lynn continues... Mais

Chapter 1 - Disappearance
Chapter 2 - On Duty
Chapter 3 - Hostages
Chapter 4 - Threat
Chapter 5 - Wild Card
Chapter 7 - Unpleasant Memories
Chapter 8: Safe House
Chapter 9: Old Acquaintances
Chapter 10 - Bait and Switch
Chapter 11 - Revelations
Chapter 12: From Bad To Worse
Chapter 13 - Return to the Loud House
Chapter 14 - Don't Give Me Hope
Chapter 15 - Righting a Wrong
Chapter 16 - Transposition
Chapter 17 - New Life
Update: The Sequel has Dropped!

Chapter 6 - Mayor Lori Loud

903 18 3
Por zdforrest

"You're off this case, Loud," Said Sergeant Bentley.

"You can't do this to me, sir!" Shouted Lynn. They made it back to the police station after securing Robert Houlihan and the corpse of Salvatore Bianchi. Houlihan was taken to the hospital to treat his injuries, while the forensic science team was still combing the warehouse with a fine-tooth comb. The death of Bianchi was huge. His death would bring an inevitable power-vacuum in its wake with the rival families. However, that wasn't what worried him the most. It was this upstart Wild Card.

Bentley had received a call about a mass killing in Bianchi's penthouse office downtown. Upon arrival, detectives could only describe it as a massacre. Several big names in both the business, criminal and even political world were strewn across the floor. He had killed them all with some variant of Mustard Gas. He not only managed to successfully rob several of Bianchi's business fronts, but was able to deal a fatal blow to the Crime Lord himself. Many of his peers believed he was untouchable. The victims in this meeting were evidence that he had friends in high and low places. It even made him question if there were operatives of his on the force. The fact that this madman was able to catch him on his own turf and take both him and his cronies down frightened him to the core.

It meant they were dealing with someone far worse than Bianchi.

"You're too close to this loud," said Peters. "You'll be a liability."

"Sir, I have to be involved," said Lynn. "This man knows about my brother!"

"You don't know that," said Bentley. "He's obviously fixated on you for some unknown reason, and he's using your history with your brother to bait you. You'll get yourself killed."

"Sir, I know I can help," Lynn pleaded. "I won't get in the way. I'll follow Peters' orders to the letter. Please, keep me on this case."

Bentley pondered for a moment. Before he could answer, one of the officers knocked on his office door. "Come," he said. It was Conners. He shot a glance at Lynn before clearing his throat.

"It's Houlihan," He said. "He's stable and out of surgery."

"Good," said Bentley. "We need to keep a detail on him at all times. Peters," he said to the detective. "Get down there, find out what he knows about Wild Card as soon as he wakes up."

"Um. . . actually, sir," Said Conners nervously.

"Something else, Conners?" Said Bentley.

"He's awake already," Conners said. "He said he'll tell us what we know, but . . ." he shot another glance at Lynn. "He'll only speak to Loud."

"What?" Said Lynn, Bentley and Peters in unison.

"We tried to tell him that Peters was working the case, but he was adamant," said Conners. "He said he either speaks to Officer Loud, or not at all."

Bentley pinched the bridge of his nose, cursing under his breath. After a moment, he turned to Peters. "Take her with you."

"You can't be serious, Sarge," said Peters incredulously.

"It's easier to get water from a spigot than a stone," said Bentley. "If he'll talk to Loud, then let him talk to Loud. Now move it!"

Lynn and Peters made their way towards the reception desk at Royal Woods General Hospital. After having received Houlihan's room number, Peters led the way, while Lynn followed in suit.

"Listen, Loud," said Peters. "It's nothing against you, but I don't want you here. This is exactly what Wild Card wants. He may just be sending us in circles. Either way, he's got you in his crosshairs. The more we keep playing this freak's game, the more dangerous things will get, especially for you."

"I understand sir," said Lynn. "But right now, I don't think we have a lot of options."

Peters didn't respond. They approached the door to Houlihan's room, rapping on it three times. Houlihan beckoned to come in, and Peters and Lynn entered cautiously. Houlihan's leg was heavily bandaged from where the bullet was removed. He had several scratches and bruises across his face and body. It was apparent that Wild Card was merciless to him during his brief incarceration.

"Mr. Houlihan," said Peters. "My name is Detective Peters. I understand that you've been through a great ordeal, but if you could answer -"

"I told that last cop, I'm not talking to anyone but Officer Lynn Loud," said Houlihan sharply.

"I understand, and she's right here," said Peters, trying to calm him. "She and I will be happy to take your statement -"

"No!" shouted Houlihan. "He was very clear: I'm only supposed to talk to Officer Loud. No one else."

"Mr. Houlihan -"

"Get out!" Houlihan shouted. Lynn noticed something odd. Houlihan wasn't angry. His behavior suggested that he was frightened. Extremely frightened. She knew that so long as Peters was here, they wouldn't get anything out of him. She had to interject.

"Mr. Houlihan," she said, sitting at the base of his bed. "I'm Officer Lynn Loud. I'm sorry, Detective Peters is only trying to help. I understand you've been through a lot, and he ordered you only to speak to me, right?"

Houlihan nodded curtly. "Only you."

"Okay, I'll speak with you alone," Said Lynn.

"Loud!" Peters objected.

"Trust me, sir," said Lynn, giving him a hard stare. Peters paused for a moment, then exited the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Okay," said Lynn. "Why did he want you to speak with only me?"

"He said he would kill my family," said Houlihan, his voice breaking. "I'm only a banker. I never wanted any of this to happen. I almost died, and now I'm probably going to prison. . ."

"Let's not worry about that right now," said Lynn. "If you tell me what I need to know, I promise I'll do everything I can to help you and your family."

Houlihan paused, then nodded. Lynn took out her phone, turning on the voice recorder. "I'm going to record our conversation, is that okay?" Houlihan nodded again.

"Do you know who Wild Card is?" Asked Lynn.

Houlihan shook his head. "No, he always had a mask on. But I'll never forget his voice, and that horrible laugh." He shivered at the thought.

"Do you know why he targeted Bianchi?"

"To get your attention," Said Houlihan.

"Why my attention?" Asked Lynn.

"He said he wanted to see you in action," said Houlihan.

"What do you mean?"

"He kept mentioning you," said Houlihan. "And this other kid. . . what was his name?" He paused as he struggled to remember. "Landon? Layton?"

"Lincoln?" Said Lynn, her breath catching in her lungs.

"Yeah, that's the one!" Houlihan affirmed. "He told me he knew the kid, and that he was your brother."

"What did he say about him?" Said Lynn, almost afraid to ask. "What did he do to him?"

"He called him his favorite plaything," said Houlihan. "He tortured that poor kid." Lynn could practically feel the blood draining from her face. This was worse than what she could have imagined, worse than if he had told her he died. At least in death he was out of his misery. But to keep him alive to torture him, a poor boy of 11 years old who never hurt anyone in his life. Horrible images flashed into her mind of her brother, her best friend in life, enduring horrible pain and torment at the hands of his merciless captor while crying desperately for help from the family who abandoned him.

"Did - did he say anything else?" Said Lynn, trying to steady her voice. "Is he still alive?"

Houlihan paused. "No," he said finally.

Though she was expecting these words, they hit her like a ton of bricks. After years of searching, yearning and longing for her brother to return, it finally was confirmed: Lincoln Loud was dead.

And now she knew who killed him.

"Please, tell me," Said Lynn. "Do you know where I can find Wild Card? I have to bring him in. I have to put a stop to this."

Houlihan shook his head. "He only took me to the warehouse, nowhere else."

"Is there anything else that you can tell me about him?" Said Lynn. "Anything about what he's planning? Even the slightest detail can be significant."

Houlihan thought for a moment. "He only said something about a reunion."

Lynn was silent as she let these words sink in. It didn't make sense. A reunion with who? And what could they be planning together? But then she gasped audibly as a most horrible thought dawned on her. It wasn't a reunion for him. It was a reunion for her.

Her and her family.

"Ma'am, you can't go in there!" Shouted the receptionist as Lynn brushed past her. She had not the time nor the patience to make an appointment to see her own sister. She had stormed out of the hospital before Peters had a chance to get a word in. She hailed a passing cab and told him to floor it to City Hall. She knew that Lori would be working late, and after what Houlihan had told her, she had to speak with her immediately.

Lynn opened the door to Lori's office. She looked up from her computer, annoyed at the sudden intrusion, only for her features to soften as her eyes rested on her sister. "Lynn!" She said, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"It's about Lincoln," said Lynn. Lori's eyebrows knitted together, concerned. She was used to Lynn talking about Lincoln, even regularly updating them on any clue she could have found that could have possibly led to him. Sometimes she even claimed to have seen him a couple of times around the city. They all turned out to be false leads and coincidences, and they humored her hope and optimism for the most part, because they knew that deep down she was still grieving. However, this time it was different. She looked. . . spooked. Her eyes were red and puffy, with fresh tears still streaming down her face. She was visibly shaking, and looked out of breath.

"It's okay, Martha," said Lori to her receptionist. Martha simply nodded and closed the door. "Sit down, take a deep breath, and tell me everything." She said to Lynn, gesturing to the chair in front of her.

Lynn complied and took a few moments to collect herself. "I know what happened to Lincoln," said Lynn.

Lori sighed. "Lynn, I know things have been hard for you, but you've said that before," she said. "We all miss him, but that doesn't mean-"

"Will you shut up and let me explain?!" Said Lynn angrily. Lori was taken aback by Lynn's outburst, but remained silent, allowing her to continue.

"I know what you all have thought about my theories," said Lynn. "Don't think I never noticed every patronizing comment, or heard you all talking behind my back about me being in denial." Lori felt a twinge of guilt. She wasn't aware that she knew, but was not surprised. They weren't trying to be mean-spirited or insensitive, but they felt it was unhealthy for Lynn to carry this burden for so long.

"Okay, Lynn," said Lori, conceding. "What about Lincoln?"

"Lincoln's dead," said Lynn. "And I know who killed him."

Lori was shocked. Out of all the words that she expected to come out of her sister's mouth, these were the last. Her words threw her so hard that she was at a momentary loss for what to say. "Who?" She asked, finally finding her voice. "Who killed him? And how do you know?"

Lori stood by the window of her office, taking a long drag of her cigarette. Lynn had just played her the recording of Robert Houlihan, the bank manager abducted by the criminal Wild Card. She had heard from the Chief of Police that he was recovered, but what she didn't know was that Lynn was the one who debriefed him, and what's more, that he specifically requested she be the only one he spoke to.

"You promised us you'd quit smoking," said Lynn. It was a bad habit that Lori had picked up in high school shortly after Bobby left her. It was a way that she was able to cope with the loss of her brother and the loss of her boyfriend.

"And you just literally brought me news that our brother was not only kidnapped, but tortured and murdered," Lori shot back. "And that his murderer is running amok in Royal Woods. A nicotine patch isn't gonna cut it with this, Lynn."

Lori took one last puff before putting out her cigarette, returning to her desk, and took a deep breath. "Do you have any other proof? Is Houlihan the only one who can confirm this?"

"No," said Lynn somberly. "I heard it straight from Wild Card himself."

"I don't know, Lynn," said Lori. "He could have been lying."

"No, he wasn't," said Lynn. "He told me things that Lincoln said when he. . . tortured him." Lynn had to take a moment to steady herself. Even thinking those words were enough to send her spiraling, let alone speaking them. "He knew about The Incident."

Lori was taken aback, a look of clear shock on her face. "Those records were sealed," she said, horrified. "The only way he could know that is. . . ." She didn't want to finish the last part, but Lynn knew what she was thinking. When their mother and father took the prosecutor's plea deal, it was on the stipulation that all records of the Bad Luck incident, and the girls' involvement in it, would be sealed to protect their reputation and futures. Very few people were privy to the Incident. Not even Bobby and Ronnie Anne knew the entire story, only that Lincoln was forced to sleep outside as punishment for lying. The only way that this madman could know about it is if he heard it directly from Lincoln, confirming their worst fears.

"But why did he come after Bianchi?" Said Lori. "He was one of my constituents. I always had a feeling he was dirty, but I never had enough proof to do anything about it."

"He was sending us a message," said Lynn. "To Wild Card, no one is untouchable. We have to get everyone to safety: mom, dad, our sisters, everyone."

Lori thought for a moment. "Should be easy enough for those who stayed close to Royal Woods," she said. "Luan shouldn't be too difficult to track down, she usually stays in the Los Angeles area. But as for Lucy and Lisa. . ." she stretched back in her chair, sighing heavily. "There's been no contact from them for years, not since Pop-Pop passed away." She added sadly.

"I'll contact the Swiss embassy to see if I can get in touch with someone from CERN," said Lori. "Last I heard, Lucy was somewhere near Budapest. Haiku still lives here in Royal Woods. Maybe she can give you a clue as to where she is."

Lynn didn't reply, looking at her feet somberly. Lori sighed again. "I know you and Lucy didn't. . . part on good terms," she said. "What she said to you was really harsh -"

"But fully deserved," said Lynn.

"But if she's in danger, you have to put that aside," Lori continued firmly. "We have to find them and make sure they're safe."

Lynn nodded. "I'll take care of it," she said. "But I also need a favor."

"What's that?"

"Order the Chief to put me on this case," said Lynn.

"Lynn, that's nepotism," said Lori. "And we both know he's going to argue that you're too close to this."

"He's already targeted me, Lori," said Lynn. "He's not going to stop just because I'm no longer on the case."

"I don't know," Lori said, uncertain.

"Please, Lori," Lynn implored. "It's my fault Lincoln was taken, it's my fault Lincoln was killed. I need to take this bastard down."

Lori knew it was pointless to try and argue with her sister. They have been trying for ten years to convince her that she wasn't the only one to blame, that they all had a hand in it, but she continued to place the blame squarely on her shoulders. "All right," said Lori. "I'll pull some strings." 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

27.1K 540 30
After loud family discovers lincoln a vampire he leave royalwoods not before turning luna into a vampire. She goes through the process of transformin...
3.1K 81 13
After the events of No Such Luck most of the Loud's are in Jail except for Lori who agrees to become Lincoln Lucy Lana Lola Lily & Lisa's guardian ...
5.9K 38 22
A Lincoln Lifetime Story, No Such Luck, The Sister Fight Protocol, The times where Lincoln was meddled with his love life, The times Lincoln would re...
229K 1.8K 85
(another NSL fanfic) Takes place in the middle of the night as lincoln was walking through the streets of royal woods as he was kicked out of his own...