Mysterious Invitation

By Asiansensation

One day, Naira receives a letter that would soon change her life forever. A invitation to Death City, a city... More

Mysterious Invitation. (Chapter 2)
Mysterioud Invitation (Chapter 3)

Mysterious Invitation.

314 3 3
By Asiansensation

A/N : Mercy, I'm new at this D:

OKAY. so I read through this story a couple of times, after I posted it and I was a bit unhappy, because I could've improved it, so I added a few things and re wrote it. Reading all these stories, have been really inspirational. So I wanna try and experiment with this.

I'd appreciate some feedback, critique, comment, hugs, cookies :D

This is actually based off of Soul Eater. But It'll be a bit different I assure you. I only own my character and fascinating ideas.

DISCLAIMER: All right go to the creators or Soul Eater. I will not be posting this story on any sites but Wattpad.

In this story, I imagine death city more over modern. I took this part from the actual first episode, but I'll make it more interesting in the next!

I'd also like to thank my friend Jessica on giving me ideas :)

Anywho, enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       I ran and gasped for breath as I stood, Gazing at the towering buildings. "So this is death city". I walked through the giant gates onto the trailing paths throughout the city, I kept turning my head in wonder mixed with curiousity. [Hah, curiousity killed the cat,] I thought

While looking at the buildings which reminded me it was like a Halloween Town. It was gloomy and beautiful at the same time, while mysterious. Everything seemed so quiet and calm, which started to get to my nerves.

     Night had befalling, and the Moon looked down at me, [the moon looks like a creeper or something], I quickly shook my thoughts away. Looking at the paper on my hand looking for a certain building with the adress on it. I felt something or someone watching me. "Oh stop being paranoid Naira" muttering to myself.  I quickened my pace, as I looked back and saw something red but then It vanished. Oh great I'm going crazy. Continuing on down the curving cobbled path for awhile, till i got into the heart of Death City. 

Street lights blared illuminously.

     I started to feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach, As I groaned in frustration, quickening my pace, "Leave it to me to get myself lost" I said to myself, rounding on a corner only to find myself, at a dead end of an alley "Rats" I muttered under my breath, starting to get even more nervous. As my palms sweated. and my brain attacked me with paranoid thoughts with, what if's?

Thinking about all the horror movies, like Saw, or Dead End, can pretty much get you super paranoid, just saying.

    I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. As suddenly I could feel a presence behind me,I heard a hissing sound. I turned quickly behind me and sqeaked in surprise, eyes widening to find a horrendously, deformed figure with large piercing claws, with a face like Jason X except with a big fat nose, like Pinocchio.

[Oh i can be so funny at the wrong moments].. I thought bitterly, while being sarcastic.

     I heard Jason X whisper "More...Power...!" I frantically searched with my eyes for a way out, but quickly failed, as I watched my life pass by me in less then a mere second. I could feel ushered tears form at my eyes but I forced them shut and closed my eyes, waiting for the searing pain which never came. I opened my them reluctantly to see Jason X turned. Facing two mysterious figures in the shadows.

I took this moment to back away slowly from Jason X. As I strained my ears to hear one of the figures say "Soul eater, It's him"

A deeper voice resounded, "Yeah, Maka, no question. His soul is now an Afreet egg."

My face contorted in confusion at this, they were making no sense to me, what so ever.

"He's not human"

I stayed paralyzed from where I was staring at the figures, In curiosity.

"Souls that have left the human path, run the risk of turning into an Afreet"

[What in bloody hell's an afreet?], I was getting a bit impatient at all their talking, wondering If they were actually gonna help me out or not.

"In the name of Lord Death, purge him, and recover his soul"

"What's the matter, Maka?, Just as he isn't human, I am a weapon"

[Woah woah owah. these things aren't even human how...uncanny. And wait, Lord Death?] My brain kept telling me to run, run away, but my thoughts were too busy in curiousity at the mysterious figures.

"Although I usually take form of a human."

Then a shining bright light, appeared at the figure with the deeper voice, which appeared to be..his arm. "My form isn't the issue here, The issue is souls!"

"I know."

      My eyes widened even more as a bright light formed around his whole body, into a scythe as it spun to the other figure, which to me looked liked a girl.. at least I think. "Mass murderer Jack the Ripper, your soul is mine!" I continued watching in admiration at her courageousness, as Jason X flung himself at her.

My breath was caught. "The weapon and meister are two in one, Let's go Soul!" She proclaimed.

    I awed at her graceful movement, as she dodge the Monster, and blew blow from blow to it, they were both all over the place. As Jason X tried relentlessly swiping at her, which she in return deflecting it. She did one last attack jumping at it.

[Hmmphm. I wish i could do that]. I feebly tried to stand up and run away. But I was too busy staring at them in awe.

Shouting, "This will be our 99th soul!"

     To then suddenly hear a swooping noise as the fellow Jason X swirl In black and explode on itself, to reveal, a blinding red light of orb, floating in the air, like a mini fire ball" Lowering it's self I watched as the so called Soul/scythc half way reach out and devour the orb slowing, clearly showing he was enjoying this.

I wrinkled my nose up in morse disgust.  [Ew, I didn't think that'd be edible..]

He put his hands up in a Master Yoda kinda way "I thank thee for this meal."

"Recovery complete, At long last we've put away our 99Th. Soul that had turned into an Afreet egg huh?"  The so called girl called Maka praised putting her hands on her hips.

The other dude put his hand in his pockets "Only one more to go, once I eat a soul of a witch, I will become Lord Death's weapon, a Death Scythe." Pointing at himself.

"That will increase my male coolness, factor even more"  walking away.

[Pfftff yeah right.] Rolling my eyes, [Wait..- WITCHES!? oh great I bet. vampires and wolves exist now. It's Twilight all over again.]

"I'm going to report our current status, to Lord Death"

[She sounds happy about, reporting to Death.. hmm sounds exciting.]

I took this time to muster up some courage, to cough loudly. As they both turned and looked at me, shock filled their eyes. For they had forgotten about me.

[Oh how nice.] I thought dryly.

     I stumbled to finally stand up and walked slowly to the both of them, I gave a small smile and held my hand out. To the girl named Maka "I just wanted to say thank you, for saving me" I said sheepishly, embarassed that I had found myself in this certain situation. I for one absolutely HATED, asking for help.

"Oh it was nothing, I'm Maka by the way and this is Soul" She pointed at the other person beside her. I just waved smiling politely. "Total hottie" he muttered to himself.

I turned my head away, quickly trying to hide the slight redness to my cheeks. I stood akwardly between the two.

"Soul!" Maka huffed and chopped him in the head. "Easy there, mom" As Soul started to rub his head. Awkward silence started to appear. "Oh I'm Naira, my bad slow moment there" I laughed, showing an uneasiness smile on my small face.

But- I faltered, I gotta get going to some where, I'm a bit lost. I fiddled with my fingers, Suddenly looking like a child had just lost it's favorite toy.

    "Oh we can help you." Maka exclaimed. "Really? that's be great save me from slaving my feet much further!" I beamed,as I handed her the note with the address on it. Her eyes widened, and filled with disgust. I stared at her confused. As I felt someone behind me closely. Or should I say soul pick up my suite case which, I had dropped while facing that.. monster.

I flustered a little, and  argueing a bit that I could carry it on my own, That little prick smirked at me and just ignored me and wouldn't let go of it. I stamped my feet in annoyance and glared at him and finally, faced defeat and hung my head down as I mumbled a small " Thanks"

"No problem" he replied grinning mischievously. While that scenario worked out, Maka was too busy lost In her thoughts, staring at that piece of paper, that I had given her.

     I saw him scribble something on my suite case, at the corner of my eyes, I just ignored it, too busy keeping my focus on Maka who I was following to my destination, too afriad to wander off and get lost again.

"Hey! wait up for me" Soul shouted, noticing  that we ditched him, while he was scribbling something on my suite case.

      About 15 minutes or so, of walking in uncomfortable silence between the three of us, I shrugged to myself not bothering to ask them questions, of what I had just witnessed, I was to exhausted to do anything, but follow like some little robot. I was still in shock, after what just happened. My wee brain couldn't comprehand anything at the moment.

I was disoriented. 

I had my doubts. 

Questions aroused.

  Not to mention Souls Intimate, passing by touching my arm consciously, unconsciously as he walked beside me. Which I obviously ignored.  I could still feel something or someone watching me, I was extra careful to be more observive this time, as I narrowed my eyes at a wiff of red again... [Hmm weird...]

    We arrived at a fancy looking building. With the words, Monsieur, In big bright shiny cursive letters. My eyes widened slightly, while my eyes shined taking in the features of the fancyish tall building.

 I said my final goodbyes to the both of them thanking them. I couldn't bring myself to ask about earlier trying to avoid the akwardness any further. I looked back, and made one final glance at the two of them. Only finding Soul, to mouth "call me" I just shook my head at his stupidity.

Relieved that safety was beyond a few feet away from me. Exhausting/relief swept through me like a cold glass of water. as I ran nervously to the door. Still feeling shaky after what had happened today. I sighed, and before I walked in I took out the Mysterious Invitation....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope guys liked this. I got a bit sloppy and rushed at the end, I know i mispelled a few things. I wanted to submit this before I got off the computer, I'll try and upload as much as I can, I have these Big exams all week >_< so I'll be on STUDYSTUDY mode. blah.

Anywho, Please tell me what you think of this, my first time so mercy! I know I took the scene from the manga, yes I know it was a bit boring, but I certainly promise. It'll be much, much more exciting.

DISCLAIMER: Remember I only own my OC characters. Nothing else. All belong to their original creators of Soul Eater.

And I'd like to thank my friend Jessica for helping me :)

VOMMENT (comment or vote)

Continue Reading