Young Justice: Directive 51 (...

By Matt-From-Wii

(Y/n) (L/n) doesn't have an ordinary life, he never did. Brought into the Strategic Homeland Division at an e... More

Bio
Chapter 1: A Strange Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Humanity
Chapter 4: Failsafe
Chapter 5: Disordered
Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: Misplaced
Chapter 8: A Trip to Paris
Chapter 9: Coldhearted
Chapter 10: Image and Agendas
Chalter 11: Insecurity
Chapter 12: Gone
Chapter 13: Rest
Chapter 14: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 15: Usual Suspects
Chapter 16: Auld Acquaintance
Chapter 17: Set the Stage
Chapter 18: Another Close Call
Chapter 19: Tip of the Talon
Chapter 20: The Nest
Chapter 21: Disaster
Chapter 22: The Aftermath of Victory
Chapter 23: Yet Another Tragedy
Season 2 Character Info
Chapter 24: First Day
Chapter 25: An Attempt at Comfort
Chapter 26: Project Mockingbird
Chapter 27: Depths
Chapter 28: Hurt
Chapter 29: Suffering
Chalter 30: Before the Dawn - Cornered
Chapter 31: A Strange Feeling
Chapter 32: Stranded
Chapter 33: War
Chapter 34: Repercussions
Chapter 35: Reunited
Chapter 36: Intervention Part 1
Chapter 37: Intervention Part 2
Chapter 38: Recovery
Chapter 39: Preparation for the Summit
Chapter 40: The Summit
Chapter 41: Endgame
Chapter 42: An Absent Clown
Chapter 43: The Guest House
Chapter 44: The Dominoes Start to Fall
Chapter 45: In the Mind of an Agent
Chapter 46: End of the Beginning
Chapter 47: A Vacation
Chapter 48: One Quick Mission
Chapter 49: Markovia
Chapter 51: A Sentinel of Order
Chapter 52: Private Security
Chapter 53: Rescue Op
Chapter 54: Triptych
Chapter 55: Home Fires
Chapter 56: Real Power
Chapter 57: True Heroes
Chapter 58: Sidelined
Chapter 59: The First Wave
Chapter 60: New York
Chapter 61: The Dark Zone
Chapter 62: The Penthouse
Chapter 63: Everything will Burn
Chapter 64: Early Warning
Chapter 65: Beginning of the End
Chapter 66: Death of the Division
Christmas in the Cave: (Christmas One Shot)
Chapter 67: Rogue Agents
Chapter 68: The White House
Chapter 69: Terminus
Chapter 70: Into the Breach
Chapter 71: Overwhelmed
Chapter 72: Nevermore
Chapter 73: It Belongs in a Museum
Chapter 74: Lovers on the Run
Chapter 75: Paradise Under Siege
Chapter 76: The Underworld
Chapter 77: The Beautiful Bride
Chapter 78: Doomsday vs The Justice League
Chapter 79: Rebirth
Chapter 80: ANNA's Plan
Chapter 81: Trapped in Time
Christmas Special # 2
Chapter 82: For All Magic
Chapter 83: Gotham City

Chapter 50: Fate's Gambit

1.3K 34 17
By Matt-From-Wii

3rd Person POV:

Dr. Fate appeared in front of Artemis and (Y/n). The Lord of Order suddenly fell to the ground and grabbed his ribs. (Y/n) immediately rushed to his side and put Fate's arm around his neck.

(Y/n): "What happened?! Where were you?"

Dr. Fate: "I was attempting to conceal our presence. I failed. Circe knows I'm here. She does not know you two are on the island, I was able to conceal your presence and the spell should last for your journey to the castle. By that time I will have returned with reinforcements."

Artemis: "You're leaving?!"

Dr. Fate: "I have no choice, Circe's army is immune to all magic based attacks when on this island."

(Y/n): "Go to the HUB, there's a strike team on standby 24/7. Bring them back and change us into our gear before you go."

Fate changed both Artemis and (Y/n) into their mission uniforms before pushing himself off the agent and stumbling forward. The god quickly regained his composure and stood tall before the heroes.

Dr. Fate: "No. Zatanna's magical students are what we need."

Artemis: "Hang on, didn't you just say Circe's army is immune to magic? So no offence, but those kids are going to be useless."

(Y/n): "Get the Division, get Kelso."

Dr. Fate: "Remember my warning to you. If you want victory in the end, remember my warning."

Dr. Fate disappeared in a flash, leaving Artemis and (Y/n) alone in the foggy forest. With the night sky shining down on them.

Artemis: "Who do you think will have to sacrifice everything?"

(Y/n): "I honestly don't know, and I'm not willing to find out. If Fate thinks we're going to willingly be magical puppets for his prophecy then he's got another thing coming. We're going to break into that castle, rescue Zee, and get the hell out."

Artemis: "And how exactly are we going to do that? Your bullets and my arrows aren't exactly a match for a goddess."

(Y/n): "I'm working on it, but for now let's just start moving and keep out of sight."

The heroes started moving, traversing the uneven and dense forest wasn't too difficult, both Artemis and (Y/n) received extensive training in land navigation.

————————————————————————

Two knights in medieval armour with glowing green eyes and wrinkled dry skin drag Zatanna through the halls of the castle. Zatanna is barely conscious, holding on by a thread after being mercilessly tortured by Circe.

A stream of blood dripped down from Zatanna's hairline, running down her face as she struggled to keep her eyes open.

The constant clanging of the knight's armour combined with Zatanna's blurry vision made it impossible to see where she was going or hear anything other than Circe's laughter.

Zatanna: "S-stop... please y-you don't have to do this."

Circe's laughter grew to deafening levels as the Knights stopped in the middle of the hallway and Circe appeared in a bright purple flame.

Circe: "Oh you poor thing. These knights aren't human, not anymore. They pledged allegiance to me hundreds of years ago and I've kept them alive through my magic. Unfortunately, that means they're bound to the island. But once I absorb your power, I'll be able to storm across the world once again."

Zatanna: "I-I won't... I won't let you."

Circe: "Why do you bother fighting? Your boyfriend will never find us here. There is no knight in shining armour rushing to sweep you off your feet and carry you into the sunset. You're going to die here, alone on the cold stones, crying for (Y/n)."

Zatanna's head dropped as she realized what Circe was saying was the truth. The tiny voice in her head that was screaming at her, yelling at her to hold onto hope was drowned out by the clanging sound of the knight's armour as they resumed dragging her to another part of the castle.

————————————————————————

Outside the castle walls, Artemis and (Y/n) are perched in a large tree, looking down on a medieval army camp full of Circe's soldiers.

Artemis: "Since when did we stumble into a medieval reenactment?"

(Y/n): "Fate mentioned something about Circe having an army, this must be it."

Artemis: "They don't look that tough, in fact, they almost look like zombies. They never take off their helmets or any part of their armour, and it looks like their eyes are glowing green."

(Y/n): "They might not look like much, but this is magic we're dealing with. Nothing is ever what it seems."

Artemis: "Fair enough. What's our move?"

(Y/n): "Use your grappling hook arrow and we'll scale the castle walls. We'll sneak in through a window on the upper levels and work down through the castle until we find Zee."

Artemis: "What's our exit plan?"

(Y/n): "Hope that Zee has enough energy to fly us all out."

Artemis: "She's being tortured. She probably won't be able to stand when we find her."

(Y/n): "Then we blow everything up and run like hell."

Artemis: "Great, let's get climbing."

————————————————————————

*Tower of Fate*

In the heart of the tower Dr. Fate stepped forward, placing his hand on the golden bell in the center of the tower.

A second later the bell started to glow and opened a portal. Moments later Wonder Girl, Mary, Traci and Blue Beetle emerged through the portal.

The young heroes were extremely confused with what they were doing in the tower, having been ripped away from their various homes or the Watchtower moments ago.

Wonder Girl: "Dr. Fate?! What's going on?"

???: "I was wondering the same thing."

Every but Fate turned to face a young man who appeared to be of middle eastern descent.

Khalid: "Hi, Khalid Nassour. I was trained by my uncle, Kent Nelson."

Dr. Fate: "I have gathered everything we need to stop Circe. Students of-"

Wonder Girl: "CIRCE?!"

Dr. Fate: "So, Wonder Woman has told you the story."

Wonder Girl: "Yes she has. Are we about to do what I think we are?"

Dr. Fate: "Yes, we are about to stop Circe and save the world. But be warned. Circe has captured Zatanna and will have a deadly ally by her side when we arrive."

Mary: "Has anyone told (Y/n)?!"

Dr. Fate: "The agent knows all he needs to in order for him to play his part."

Mary: "You already sent him off haven't you? What did you do?!"

Dr. Fate: "I've ensured we will have achieved victory when the dust settles."

————————————————————————

Artemis and (Y/n) carefully moved across the roof of the Inner Bailey, watching the zombie-like medieval guards constantly patrol the exterior and interior of the castle.

Eventually they found an open wind and jumped in, landing softly on the wooden floor. They arrived in a small study, bookshelves lined the walls and there's a small desk with books scattered across it and an unlit candle.

(Y/n) signaled for Artemis to follow him and the two krept close to the door. The agent slowly opened the door and stepped into the hallway. The stone hallway was completely empty with the exception of the windows on one side and torches on the other.

Artemis: "Should we split up?"

(Y/n): "Fuck no. Just watch our rear, I'll take point an-"

"AAAHHHHHHHHH!"

(Y/n): "Zee...."

Artemis and (Y/n) rushed down the hallway, drawing closer and closer to Zatanna's screams.

(Y/n) did an excellent job of hiding it, but Artemis knew he was panicking. She convinced herself that everything would be alright but the closer they got to Zatanna the less sure of herself she became.

Eventually the two heroes arrived at a large wooden door leading further into the castle. Before Artemis could ask what the plan was, (Y/n) placed a large breaching charge on the door and racked the charging handle on his rifle.

A split second later the door blew up and (Y/n) charged in swiftly ducking under a sword that was swung at his neck and riddling the knight with bullets. The bullets sailed right through the knight's old armour and sent the zombie-like soldier crashing into a bench.

Artemis charged in after (Y/n) and shot an explosive arrow at the other knight, completely destroying the knight and sending pieces of him flying across the room.

When the smoke cleared from the hero's explosive entrance they were drawn to the front of the room. The room looks like a massive church with a painting of Circe taking up the entire wall behind the altar. Zatanna was on her knees in the altar with Circe standing behind her.

(Y/n): "Zee!"

Zatanna's eyes widened in fear as Circe placed a hand on her head and gently brushed her hair. As Circe ran her fingers through Zatanna's hair, (Y/n) felt his blood boil.

(Y/n): "KEEP YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF HER!"

Circe only laughed in response as tears started to run down Zatanna's face.

Artemis: "(Y/n)! They're getting back up!"

Artemis started shooting arrows at the knights that were regenerating limbs and standing back up as more knights in armour slowly walked through the giant door.

Circe: "You were stupid to come here, daughter of Sportsmaster. I knew the agents arrival would be inevitable but I didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to come with him."

Artemis: "FUCK YOU!"

Artemis and (Y/n) started firing at the knights but they were no match for the unkillable soldiers. The two heroes started getting pushed back until they were dangerously close to Circe and Zatanna on the altar.

Circe: "Look, Zatanna, your knight in shining armour. He's about to be ripped apart, limb by limb in front of you. If you want to say anything to him before he dies, now's the time."

Zatanna: "(Y/n)... I-I'm so sorry."

(Y/n): "Just hang on, Zee!"

Artemis: "(Y/n), what do we do?!"

(Y/n): "We run like hell. HIT THE BAG!"

In a split second (Y/n) threw his backpack up in the air above the knights before he spun around and shot his rifle at Circe. The god quickly summoned a wall of purple magic to defend herself but in doing so her hold on Zatanna slipped away.

(Y/n) raced forward and grabbed Zatanna's hand as Artemis shot the bag. By the time the bag hit the ground it exploded. The massive explosion caved in a small section of the floor and took all the knights with it.

Zatanna stumbled and (Y/n) swiftly threw her onto his back and ordered her to hold onto him as tightly as she could.

As (Y/n) and Artemis raced out of the church the agent felt somewhat relieved when he felt Zatanna's arms and legs tightly wrap around his body.

(Y/n): "It's okay, Zee. I'm going to get you out of here."

Zatanna squeezed (Y/n) slightly tighter in response, as if she was afraid he'd disappear if she didn't hold on for dear life.

Artemis: "Quick, through here!"

Artemis threw open a door and slammed it shut the second Zatanna and (Y/n) were through. The agent then grabbed a nearby bookcase and tipped it over, blocking the door and buying themselves some time to come up with a plan.

Artemis: "We just ran through half the castle, I'm exhausted. How are you still standing? You've been carrying Zatanna and fighting off the knights."

(Y/n): "I'm basically a super soldier remember? Also the adrenaline rush helps a lot."

The group finally took a minute to survey the room and realized they were in a massive library. Rows of books stretched as far as they could see. Artemis and (Y/n) surveyed the room as Zatanna struggled to stay conscious.

Zatanna: "H-how are we going to get home?"

(Y/n): "Shh, it's going to be alright. You just rest, Artemis and I will get you home."

Zatanna: "T-the window. I'll fly us down."

Artemis: "Are you sure you have the strength for that?"

Zatanna: "Do you... have a better idea?"

The knights started to break through the door, their axes and swords cutting through the thick wood.

Artemis: "Nope! Time to go!"

The group moved to the small window and (Y/n) gently kneeled down so Zatanna could slide off his back.

Zatanna stood up, using (Y/n)'s shoulder for support and limped to the window.

Zatanna: "Etativel su nwod!"

Zatanna concentrated as hard as she could, putting all her remaining energy into flying the group out of the castle and down the mountain.

For a few seconds the group was exposed to the barrage of arrows sent out from Circe's army. They managed to escape unscathed before crashing into the forest as Zatanna's spell gave out just below the tree tops.

As the group fell, Artemis grappled off a large branch with a grappling arrow. (Y/n) grabbed onto Zatanna, pulling her into his embrace and wrapping his body around her, shielding her from the impact.

(Y/n)'s landed on the dirt path and let out a loud cry as he and Zatanna finally stopped tumbling and came to rest on a large tree.

Zatanna had a few small cuts but was mostly unhurt, (Y/n) was far worse. His body bore the brunt of the impact and he was clearly in pain. Large cuts across his arms and back had started to bleed and stain his uniform.

Zatanna: "A-ah... oh god... oh please no I'm so sorry."

After their landing, Zatanna initially struggled to push herself up but crawled over to (Y/n)'s side the second she was able to. The agent was struggling to force himself up, Zatanna and Artemis grabbed onto his arms, pulling him up as horns blew out from the castle in the distance.

Artemis: "Circe will be sending her army after us. What do we do?"

(Y/n): "I-I can't walk. I need some time to rest. We have to hide for the night and hope we don't get spotted."

Artemis: "Where are we going to hide? This forest is all flat and I didn't see any caves."

(Y/n): "We weren't looking for any. I'm willing to be the best hiding spot is close to the mountain the castle is sitting on. We can slip past Circe's army as it's forming search parties and hide close to the castle. They will assume we're heading towards the beach so they will spread their forces out and search the perimeter of the island."

Artemis: "Yes, but if we go back to the castle then we will definitely be surrounded by tomorrow morning, they're going to have the entire perimeter of the island locked down."

(Y/n): "Let's face it, I'm in no shape to fight and Zee's about to pass out. We're not getting off this island today, I'll be good to go tomorrow, I just need some rest. You and I will likely have to find a good position that's easy to defend and hold out until Fate comes back to rescue us."

————————————————————————

*Tower of Fate*

Dr. Fate: "Prepare yourselves, we must rescue the daughter of Zatara before Circe's forces capture her."

Wonder Girl: "Yeah, you've said that. What you haven't said is why we aren't rescuing Artemis and (Y/n)."

Khalid: "You also haven't explained how Zatanna is supposed to just turn around and beat Circe. She's been tortured this entire time. She's going to be too weak to fight in her current state. I'm a med student and I can tell you that it can take months to physically recover from severe torture and so much longer to mentally recover. Not to mention Vanguard and Tigress may not have rescued Zatanna, they don't have magical powers and Circe is a goddess."

Traci: "(Y/n) I-I mean Vanguard is really good at what he does, he'll get Zatanna out and we are not leaving him there!"

Mary: "She's right, we won't abandon him!"

Dr. Fate: "We will give her time to rest. Vanguard needs to be left on the island if we are to succeed, he still has a large part to play and is instrumental in defeating Circe."

Mary: "This point is non-negotiable, we're bringing him back!"

Wonder Girl: "Whatever game you're playing, change it. We're bringing him home."

Dr. Fate: "You, Amazon, are here for your knowledge on Circe, not to give input on how these events play out. I have been watching (Y/n) for a long time, his role in the galactic conflict is irreplaceable, Circe is but a wave in the ocean that he will face. He will endure, he will survive this, but only if you do exactly what I tell you to do."

————————————————————————

Zatanna, Artemis and (Y/n) were in a small cave attempting to get some sleep. The cave was on a small ledge at the base of the mountain and was really only 20 feet deep. Artemis and (Y/n) placed traps all across the approaches to the cave, ensuring that anyone who attempts to get up to the small ledge will be heard.

(Y/n) laid Zatanna down on the ground and made sure she was as comfortable as possible. Despite sleeping on the dirt floor of the cave, Zatanna passed out instantly, leaving Artemis to set up a small flashlight as the only source of light in the small cave as (Y/n) sat at the entrance to the cave, watching the surrounding landscape.

Artemis: "Do you think we're going to escape?"

(Y/n): "Not without help, not all of us anyway. I was hoping Fate would be here by now."

Artemis: "What are we going to do? Even if we somehow get off the island, we have no idea where in the world we are, or if we're even in the world. This could be some sort of magical pocket dimension."

(Y/n): "Yeah, you're right. Circe knows we're trapped, she's just going to let her army hunt us down until we have nowhere left to go."

Artemis: "Hey, we're all going to get out of here. Just stay hopeful."

Artemis walked over to (Y/n) and placed a hand on his shoulder before sitting down beside him.

(Y/n): "I hope you're right. You should go get some rest, I'll take first watch."

Artemis: "You sure? I don't mind."

(Y/n): "Yeah I'm sure. I'll wake you up in a few hours."

Artemis: "You better, I don't want you pulling an all nighter and then fighting non-stop."

(Y/n): "I promise I'll wake you."

Artemis softly smiled and pushed herself to her feet, heading back into the cave and laying down beside Zatanna.

A few minutes later, (Y/n) started checking his rifle and ammunition. It was low. Artemis was low on arrows as well and with no chance at resupply, their options for fighting were limited.

The hours flew by and soon (Y/n) stood up, walking back to Artemis and Zatanna as quietly as he could. His heart stopped when he arrived at their makeshift campsite.

Constantine: "She's beautiful when she's sleeping, isn't she? It's a shame what'll happen to you two."

Constantine was sitting down with his back against the wall, running his hand gently through Zatanna's hair while she slept.

Zatanna shivered in her sleep as Constantine ran his hand down her arm. (Y/n)'s blood boiled over as Constantine looked up at him and smiled, his eyes bright purple.

(Y/n): "Get your fucking hands off of her."

The soft growl-like tone (Y/n) spoke in made Constantine recoil back for a brief moment. The enslaved man quickly recovered and went back to stroking Zatanna's hair.

Circe: "Impressive restraint, I assumed you just would've shot him."

(Y/n) spun around to find Circe standing directly behind him. The goddess was holding a sword with purple magic swirling around it.

(Y/n): "Fuck you."

The agent lunged forward and kicked Circe in the gut while drawing his pistol. (Y/n) spun around and shot at Constantine, forcing the magic user to put up a shield to defend himself.

Zatanna and Artemis woke up instantly. Artemis immediately jumped into action and kicked Constantine away from Zatanna.

As (Y/n) punched Constantine across the face Artemis pulled Zatanna up to her feet after noticing that she was struggling to get up. The group of heroes began to panic, realizing there was no way of escaping the small cave.

A bright golden flash illuminated the space behind the heroes and for the first time the group felt relieved.

Circe: "NABU! YOU WON'T STOP ME!"

Circe lunged forward and (Y/n) advanced to meet her, ducking under her first swing and punching her across the face before kicking the goddess in the stomach and sending her stumbling back.

(Y/n): "Artemis, get Zee through the portal! I'll be right behind you!"

Artemis grabbed hold of Zatanna and pulled her into the portal as (Y/n) spun around, reassuring her that he'd be right behind them.

(Y/n) raced towards the portal just as Zatanna and Artemis disappeared through it. Before the agent could get into the portal, Constantine shot a blast of purple magic towards him. The blast exploded directly in front of (Y/n) and sent him flying back, away from the portal.

When (Y/n) was able to push himself up he immediately noticed the portal closing. In a split second the portal was gone, leaving him alone, trapped in a cave with Constantine and Circe behind him.

Circe immediately began laughing as Constantine stood up and returned to her side.

Circe: "Aww, you poor thing. Abandoned by Nabu, he must really have it out for Zatanna. First he stole her dad and then he abandoned her only love."

A moment later (Y/n) snapped himself out of his bewildered state and grabbed his rifle from the cave floor. He spun around and faced his attackers, determined to make one hell of a last stand.

(Y/n): "They'll be back."

Circe: "Oh, I'm counting on it. Just like you came here, your precious Zatanna will come running the second she can. She'll be desperate to save you, but by the time she gets here your mind will be permanently enslaved to me."

(Y/n): "Don't count on it. When Zee comes back, she's going to kick your fucking ass."

Circe: "Oh my little agent, I sincerely doubt it."

(Y/n) raised his rifle and fired as Circe and Constantine attacked.

————————————————————————

Zatanna and Artemis crashed through the portal and fel to the floor. As the two girls struggled to push themselves up the portal snapped shut.

Blue Beetle: "What are you doing?!"

Traci: "We agreed to keep it open for (Y/n)!"

Dr. Fate: "Enough! Now is our most critical hour. You must be ready when I summon you, or (Y/n) will die and the world will burn."

Zatanna and Artemis finally stood up and began to panic when they realized the portal shut and (Y/n) wasn't in the Tower with them.

Zatanna: "What did you do?! WHERE IS (Y/N)?!"

Dr. Fate: "Captured by Circe, and he will remain that way until we free him. We must attack the second you are ready, get some rest child of magic. I will summon you all when the time is right."

Zatanna's eyes began to tear up as she rushed towards Fate. Artemis tried to stop her but she was too slow.

Zatanna: "YOU BASTARD! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT CIRCE DID TO ME!"

Zatanna tried to throw a punch at Dr. Fate but before her fist could connect with his chest she was engulfed in a bright golden light. Despite the golden light blinding her she put all of her weight into the punch and stumbled forwards, crashing to the floor.

When her vision cleared, Zatanna realized she was at home and completely alone. She couldn't bring herself to stand up, she didn't have the energy to do it. The emotions overwhelmed her as she crawled the short distance to the couch.

Eventually Zatanna brought her knees up to her chest and then the tears started flowing. Her body hurt everywhere from Circe's methodical torture sessions. The loss of (Y/n) made Zatanna feel like a piece of her heart was ripped away.

Normally she would be comforted and cared for by (Y/n), after missions, traumatic events or even just long days at work. This time, she was alone in their dark apartment and nobody was coming.

————————————————————————

Kelso was pissed.

She received cryptic text from Artemis, briefly explaining what happened. After she called Dick and got no answer she hacked into the zeta tube network using ISAC and went to the Watchtower.

Kaldur, M'gann were communicating with Wonder Woman via hologram when the power suddenly went out throughout the Watchtower. Red emergency lights slammed on as emergency generators activated to keep the basic systems running and ensure the Watchtower stayed in orbit.

The three heroes turned their attention to the zeta tubes, squinting to see the other side of the room as the red emergency lights offered little illumination.

ISAC: "Override successful, authorization granted. Welcome, Alani Kelso DA-02."

Kelso emerged from the zeta tube dressed in full tactical gear and a rifle in her hands. Both M'gann and Kaldur could instantly tell she was pissed.

Kelso: "WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?!"

Kaldur: "We understand your pain but we do not know-"

Kelso: "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND SHIT!"

M'gann: "We don't know why Dr. Fate would leave (Y/n) but-"

Kelso: "Let me be clear! I help you because of (Y/n). I've done things that will make you sick, I'm not a hero and I've never tried to be. I'm an agent of the Division and before that the CIA. If (Y/n) is dead, the last thing you'll have to worry about is how devastated Zatanna is. Because I will burn down this League without firing a shot."

Kaldur: "Alani, please try to calm down. The League will do everything it can to bring (Y/n) home. We know you both have a clouded past but you actively try to be better, and that's all that matters."

Kelso: "Those are some really ironic words from someone running a hearts and minds operation."

Kaldur and M'gann recoiled back, Wonder Woman narrowed her gaze at the agent who let a sinister smile slip out.

Kelso: "As I said. I was a CIA clandestine operator. I know all about the tricks and manipulations you're using on the public and your fellow heroes. You should've accepted (Y/n)'s offer to encrypt your communications, it took ISAC 30 seconds to crack them. I don't know what you plan on doing about (Y/n), but whatever it is it better be done quickly. We're good, but nobody can withstand torture forever."

Kelso turned and walked back towards the zeta tubes as the power returned to normal.

Kelso: "Oh and about your communications, you really should've trusted (Y/n). I wasn't the only one listening in. I wasn't able to find out who or how long they've been listening. But somebody knows what you're up to."

Kelso left without saying another word, leaving a stunned Kaldur, M'gann and Wonder Woman in her wake.

————————————————————————

(Y/n) woke up in a bedroom that looked like it belonged to a king or queen. The sheets were expensive and the room looked straight out of the late 18th century. He didn't remember much from his fight with Circe, just that it was over quickly and he lost.

He was shirtless and his injuries on his chest were bandaged up properly. He still had his combat pants on and noticed his gear stacked in the corner.

Circe: "I was hoping you'd wake up."

(Y/n) threw off the covers and tried to stagger out of the bed, only to find his body giving out the second he got the sheets off.

Circe: "Shh, no need to struggle."

Circe stood up off the end of the bed and slowly walked towards (Y/n). The agent began to panic as his body refused to acknowledge his commands.

Circe: "If I wanted you dead you would be. I'm using you as bait. Your precious Zatanna is going to come running to save you the first chance she gets. I will take her magic and I will break out of this prison."

(Y/n): "She's going to fuck you up. She's more powerful than you know."

Circe: "I know she has the potential to be the most powerful magic user in the universe. But the level she's at right now, I can handle that. Once I have her powers there will be nothing stopping me from rearranging the universe as I see fit."

(Y/n): "You don't stand a chance."

Circe: "Shh, tell me about your friends. I want to know their weaknesses, their personal traumas, anything I can use to get in their heads."

(Y/n): "Not a chance I'm telling you that."

Circe moved closer to (Y/n) and sat on the edge of the bed, running her hand along his bare chest and smiling down at the agent.

(Y/n) was horrified, for a number of reasons. The first being he had no idea if Circe intended to pry information out of him through torture or other means. At this point he would've preferred the torture.

Circe: "I must admit, corrupting John wasn't enjoyable in any way. But you, oh you're something special alright. I'm going to enjoy this."

(Y/n): "Don't you fucking dare!"

Circe: "Oh be quiet. It's been centuries since I've seen someone with a body as good as you. Zatanna is a lucky girl."

(Y/n): "We won't be doing anything! Let me go!"

Circe: "You're right, we won't be doing anything, not yet anyway. But let's be real, I have all the power here. You couldn't stop me if I wanted to sleep with you."

Circe climbed on top of the helpless agent and placed her hands on his shoulders. (Y/n) had to fight himself to keep his gaze locked onto Circe's green eyes and prevent them from wandering down to her beautiful body tightly hugged in her dark green dress. Circes blood red hair fell down around (Y/n)'s face as Circe lowered her body onto him.

As Circe's chest pressed against (Y/n)'s, the agent closed his eyes and gave one final effort to push Circe off of him. Purple magic flowed brightly around his wrists and ankles, keeping the agent in place and not allowing him to move a muscle.

(Y/n): "Zee... help me. Please."

Circe's hands started glowing purple as one grabbed onto the back of (Y/n)'s neck and the other just above his heart. A second later Circe smashed her lips against (Y/n). The agent's eyes shot open and flashed a bright purple and in that second (Y/n) was completely under Circe's control.

The agent's eyes turned from (e/c) to purple a half second later and his arms wrapped around Circe as she moaned into his mouth. Circe broke the kiss and smiled down at the enslaved agent.

Circe: "Now I understand why Zatanna likes you so much. Forget about her, now you're all mine."

(Y/n): "Yes mistress, Circe."

Circe: "Good, in order to secure every possible advantage over Nabu, your former girlfriend and their magical followers, we will need to get in their heads. I've been tormenting Zatanna with occasional nightmares for about half a year. But something was stopping me from making the nightmares as clear as I wanted, I think it was you. You have some sort of effect on her magic, it's almost as if you enhance her natural defence to it."

(Y/n): "I wouldn't know, mistress."

Circe: "I thought not, but it's worth looking into. I'm not one to let a possible advantage pass by. But now that you're separated from her, I can torment her every night until she inevitably finds her way back here. She'll be just as exhausted as last time and she won't be able to put up much of a fight."

(Y/n): "I agree. But what do you have in mind?"

Circe: "Oh a number of things, poor Zatanna is going to have one hell of a nightmare. We're going to make out, and I'm going to plant the images of us making out into Zatanna's mind. She'll be forced to watch the dream play out and she won't be able to look away. She'll feel guilt ridden and abandoned."

(Y/n): "I am yours to command."

Circe: "Perfect, it'll be a few days before Zatanna tries anything. I need to know what you're capable of if you are to lead my forces when we conquer the world. I think a demonstration is in order and a new uniform."

(Y/n): "As you wish."

Circe: "Good. Now, a girl needs some attention, being left alone in this castle for hundreds of years makes me a little... tense. Let's ruin Zatanna's night."

(Y/n)'s subconscious fought for control but only managed to manifest a brief hesitation before it was overcome by Circe's magic. His eyes shone a bright purple glow before his arms wrapped around Circe and pulled her into a passionate kiss. Circe instantly moaned in approval as she explored her newest slaves mouth in a deep kiss.

————————————————————————

"Zee... help me. Please."

Zatanna stuck watching as Circe placed her hands either side of (Y/n)'s head and pulled him into a kiss, moaning into his mouth and pushing him down onto her bed.

Circe: "Shhh, let's enjoy our time together. Now lay back."

Circe's voice was soft yet commanding. She proceeded to undo the back of her dress before ordering (Y/n) to take it off.

Seconds later the two were under the covers and (Y/n) was enslaved under Circe's spell. Zatanna tried to move her body but it was as if she was stuck watching a horrible movie. She couldn't move, talk or close her eyes. She was forced to watch as the man she loves was slowly enslaved to Circe and began making out with the imprisoned goddess.

Eventually Zatanna was begging in her mind. Begging for it to all stop. Circe brought her hand up to (Y/n)'s cheek and gently ran her other one through his hair while she professed her love for him. Zatanna's vision focused on a wedding ring on Circe's ring finger.

Soon (Y/n) stated that he loved Circe as well and bright his hand up from her hips to her back. Zatanna caught a glimpse of a wedding ring of similar style on his ring finger and broke. Tears ran down her face as the vision went black.

Zatanna screamed as she woke up, tears running down her face as she sobbed. She threw herself out of her bed and grabbed the repaired pocket watch out of the nightstand drawer and the newly framed picture of her and (Y/n) standing atop the Eiffel tower, smiling and in a loving embrace.

Zatanna hugged the picture frame and the pocket watch and sobbed uncontrollably.

Zatanna: "Please... please don't be real. I-I'm so sorry I'm so sorry for leaving you there. Please come back to me, I'm so sorry."

Zatanna cried herself to sleep, holding the pocket watch in her hand as she slept. The nightmares stayed away but (Y/n)'s voice played over and over again in her head.

"Help me, Zee. Please."

"I still love you Zatanna."

Once Zatanna woke up she tried to push herself out of bed but felt just as weak as before. Once she saw the pocket watch and photo her eyes became watery once again.

Zatanna ran her finger over the face of the pocket watch. A tear slipped off her cheek and fell, landing on the glass face of the watch. The moment the tear hit the watch, it began to glow a soft white, the same aura as Zatanna's magic.

Zatanna's eyes widened as she realized what it meant.

*Flashback*

*Two months before events of Denial: (Season 1 Episode 7)*

Zatanna walked in the door of her family's small house in the suburbs of Gotham City. She was exhausted after a boring day of school. High School was always a drag to her and senior year was no different. Crowded hallways, cranky teachers, obnoxious boys and the embargo on magic. Her dad, Zatara, banned her from using magic at school. For entertainment or cheating on tests, even simple spells like getting changed for gym class were forbidden. Home was the only place she was allowed to practice magic, the only place she felt free.

The previous night she made an alarming discovery. After listening to Zatara speak about the team and its newest member, Vanguard, some agent from a secret organization called the SHD, Zatanna went back to her room and put more effort into her magical spells than she previously had. She had hoped to impress her dad and be allowed to join the Team. Zatanna began her normal routine but suddenly felt a surge of energy and her spells came easier, they rolled out faster and were far more powerful.

Zatara heard the commotion and rushed up to his daughter's room, throwing open the door and finding Zatanna completely encompassed in a golden aura. Her hair flowed freely as she levitated a few feet off the ground. Every object in the room was levitating the same as Zatanna, her bed, dresser and nightstand, all were freely floating around the room as Zatanna read the spell book floating before her eyes.

Zatara immediately noticed the source of his daughter's increased strength. A photograph. The only photo they had of the two of them with Zatanna's mother, Sindella. The three were celebrating Sindella's birthday in the hospital. It would be the last one as Sindella passed away days later. Zatanna was alone with her mother when she succumbed to the cancer, Zatara was away, fighting some monster with the Justice League.

Zatara lept into action. Casting a spell that pulled Zatanna out of her room and broke her concentration before she could be completely encased by the golden aura. The bedroom furniture crashed to the floor with a deafening bang.

As Zatanna's concentration broke the magic backfired and disintegrated the photograph before Zatara could grab it.

Zatara: "I told you not to be studying magic without strict oversight!"

Zatanna started sobbing as she looked at the pile of ash that was her last photograph with her mother. Zatara kneeled down and pulled her into a hug. Her breathing steadied over the course of a few silent minutes.

Zatara: "It was just a photo. I think I have another hidden away somewhere, but promise me you won't try and make such a connection with magic ever again."

Zatanna: "I-I won't! I promise! I'm so sorry daddy!"

Zatara: "It's alright dear. It's alright."

Zatanna shook the memory of last night out of her head as she pushed open the front door.

A minute later she was laying on the couch and found a copy of the picture she burnt last night sitting on the coffee table. She immediately picked it up and admired it, letting out a massive sigh of relief. She then heard her fathers voice coming from the kitchen.

Zatara: "I know what you said, but I didn't think she could make such a connection at such a young age."

Zatanna cautiously got up and moved as close as she could to the kitchen without being seen.

Zatara: "I don't care what the helmet showed you! That's my daughter, my only daughter! I'm not about to place that burden on her at such a young age! Yes I know about her ability to find a magical catalyst through emotional attachment, it's why I called Kent."

Zatanna's heart stopped when she realized that her father was speaking with Kent Nelson, the former Dr. Fate.

Zatara: "I-I know it may be time... fine. I'll start teaching her the advanced sets. I warn you she's a quick learner. She may learn faster than either of us are prepared for."

Zatanna managed to sneak away without being seen. She made it back to her room, almost jumping with joy. She'd been dreaming about practicing advanced magic with her father for as long as she can remember.

About an hour later Zatara knocked on the door. Zatanna tried to act as calm as possible but she couldn't hide the excitement in her voice. When Zatanna opened the door she noticed a hint of excitement behind her fathers tired eyes.

Zatara placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled at his daughter.

Zatara: "I want you to know that I'm very impressed with the skills you've obtained. I also want you to know that you don't have to do this, you don't have to learn magic."

Zatanna: "I-I know. I want to learn. I want to get better and to help people."

Zatara: "That's a long ways away, but we will start small. You are very special, not just to me, but with your magic abilities. You have the rare ability to draw power through certain objects you are emotionally attached to. If you master it, the increase in power to your spells will be permanent. But it's very dangerous when you unintentionally make a connection. The energy can backfire as we saw last night. Or encompass your body completely, draining your energy and killing you."

Zatanna: "Is that what we're going to work on?"

Zatara: "No, that is something I cannot teach you. I don't have the ability and it is far too advanced for you to be practicing now. But if you're ready, we will start small. Meet me in the backyard."

Zatanna: "I will. I'm ready."

*End of Flashback*

Zatanna marveled at the glowing pocket watch. The white aura transferred to Zatanna, encompassing her body in a flash. She suddenly felt stronger as her energy rapidly returned.

Zatanna changed into her magician's outfit with a snap of her fingers. Her hair was done perfectly and the tired look quickly faded from her face.

Zatanna: "Ot eht Rewot fo Etaf!"

Nabu's cross quickly appeared in the center of the bedroom as Zatanna attached the pocket watch to its chain and put it in her jacket pocket. She quickly glanced back at the picture of her and (Y/n) and a determined look formed on her face.

Zatanna: "Stay strong, I'm on my way."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 1K 36
Wanting to be a superhero and becoming one, are two completely different things. But becoming the opposite? That's way easier. And sometimes it's not...
17K 381 21
Zatanna comes to a new school, and meets some new friends, but, apparently none of them can catch a break. Artemis soon finds love with Wally but whe...
203K 5.5K 36
A Robin/Nightwing/Dick Grayson X Reader! (Jeez Dick why you gotta have so many names)
23K 576 19
That story is about Kid Flash and Robin in Teen Titans not in Young Justice where they are best friends. The Titans weren't nice to Robin always doi...