Lincoln's Otherworldly Advent...

By Hollowhunter2

Another world is really interesting. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 9

451 10 0
By Hollowhunter2

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Lincoln is currently sitting on the stone fence around his home in the other world.

Lincoln: Breathe in. Hold your breath. Keep your arms steady. Steady. Steady... Fire!

He talks to Chandler who came with him and is now standing in the garden with a bow in hand. Unlike Lincoln, who wears his adventure gear, he simply wears a tracksuit. He lets go of the string and the arrow flies before it lands in the middle of the target.

Lincoln: Good job.

Chandler smiles and takes a closer look at the bow.

Chandler: That is so cool.

Lincoln crosses his arms and grins widely.

Lincoln: I know! I felt the same way when I first fought with the sword.

The two hear the door open and Silky comes out with a tray with a pitcher of lemonade and two glasses on it. She smiles at them both and puts the tray down next to Lincoln.

Lincoln: Thanks Silky!

Chandler nods at her and gives her a thumbs up.

Chandler: Yeah, thank you.

She smiles before going back inside. The two drink the lemonade while talking. After a while the pitcher is empty and Lincoln steps off the fence before stretching.

Lincoln: Well, that's done, come on, I'll show you the village!

Chandler: Oh yeah, I've wanted to see it since you told me about it.

The two go back into the house where Lincoln returns the tray to Silky. The two of them walk through the small forest, Weiss and Noir always at their side, before entering the village. Chandler's eyes widen as he sees the village for the first time. The village is bustling with life and  mostly Demi's are roaming the streets. Some children play soccer with each other on the street while adults chat or go about their work. One kid kicks the ball a little too hard, almost hitting Chandler in the face, but he catches it as the kid runs towards him with a worried look on his face. He bows with an apologetic look on his face.

Kid: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.

Chandler smiles, crouches down, and hands the ball back to the kid.

Chandler: Hey it's ok! But be a little more careful, okay?

The child seems happy about that, he smiles and accepts the ball gratefully.

Kid: Okay!

Before he runs back to his friends and plays with them. Lincoln proudly pats Chandler on the shoulder.

Lincoln: Good job. Come on.

The two walk through the streets and look at the village. They come across many shops that sell different stuff, such as fruits for example. At one point they passed a forge where two dwarves were working. Lincoln basically had to pull Chandler away so they could keep going. After a while, the two head out of the village again, much to Chandler's surprise.

Chandler: Where do we go?

Lincoln: You can see that this entire area is surrounded by a forest with giant trees, right?

Chandler nods, of course he noticed.

Lincoln: The inhabitants of this world know this forest under the name "Forest of Demonic Beasts".

Chandler: Forest of Demonic Beasts?

Lincoln: Strong beasts dwell throughout the forest. That's why we build something like a wall. I just wanted to show you if you notice something is wrong that you can do something.

Chandler: Wait you want me to fight something called Demonic Beast?

Lincoln: Don't worry Chandler, you'll grow just as strong as me. Also, this has only happened once before, and that was when we were just starting the Wall.

Chandler: Are you sure that one day I'll be as strong as you?

Lincoln: Yep.

The two finally arrive at the Forest of Demonic Beasts. Only now does Chandler notice what Lincoln means when he say, they built something like a wall. The wall consists of nets hung between the trees. Each tree has a platform at the top with a small hut on it, the platforms are connected with suspension bridges.

(Just a quick drawing)

Chandler looks up in surprise as they hear something approaching. Chandler seems alarmed, but Lincoln is perfectly calm. A few moments later a man lands in front of them. He has red hair and cat ears, his skin is tanned and he has a friendly smile on his face.

???: Hello sir! What are you doing here?

Lincoln gives the man a friendly smile.

Lincoln: Hey Leo, how are you?

Leo: I'm good sir!

Leo looks at Chandler with a raised eyebrow.

Leo: Who are you?

Chandler: I'm Chandler nice to meet you.

Lincoln: Chandler is a friend of mine. He also has a grimoire.

Leo's eyes widen when he hears that.

Leo: You are also a Magus?!

Noir flies alongside Chandler.

Noir: That he is, my name is Grimoire Noir. Remember him!

Leo: Yes sir!

Chandler takes a closer look at the contraption on Leo.

Chandler: Leo, what is that on you?

Leo pulls off the device and shows it to Chandler.

Leo: This is an Omni-directional mobility gear. In short ODM gear. The dwarves developed it for us so that we can better protect the village. This allows us to maneuver easily between the trees.

Chandler: That is cool.

Leo smiles as he puts the ODM Gear back on. The three talk for a while. Chandler learns that each platform is equipped with two guards. Actually it's always pretty quiet, it's almost like the monsters respect Lincoln territory as long as he respects their territory. But the village prefers to play it safe. After a while, the two go back to the village. Just as they enter the village, a woman comes out of a shop and smiles when she sees them both.

Woman: White Magus, your order is ready!

Lincoln: Nice!

Chandler just raises an eyebrow in confusion.

Chandler: Order?

Lincoln: Yes, you know, she's a tailor and a pretty good one. She has this talent to always tailor the right thing for someone, she just sees what suits you. I had new clothes made for us.

Chandler: New clothes? Great, finally real adventure clothing!

Woman: Come in you two!

The two go in and accept their packages. They go into the dressing room and come out in their new outfits.

Lincoln: Not bad. How is yours Chandler?

Chandler: Are you kidding me. This is awesome!

Woman: Hahaha, another win for me!

To be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33 0 2
This is a sequel of Time Trap, but only when the Loud Siblings time travel to the future of Royal Woods. Until Royal Woods is ruled by Ace Savvy afte...
230K 8.6K 37
"Sometimes, when two worlds collide, a better one is created and they're both saved."
3.9K 57 16
Different universe characters react to one story to one main character.
202 41 16
In a former world of fun and happiness, Lincoln Loud and some friends would have to survive and get to a new home. As this will be an adventure of a...