Falling For a Jock

By nniepersaud

When Carly Lukens wanted the perfect senior year, she didn't expect to fall for a jock. Especially an obnoxi... More

Chapter 1: Last First Day of High School
Chapter 2: They Invented Cellphones For a Reason
Chapter 3: Are You Always This Hot?
Chapter 4: You're Honestly Clueless Sweetheart
Chapter 5: My Pizza is Hotter Than You
Chapter 6: I Like Eating Alone Sometimes
Chapter 7: Goodbye Pretty Boy
Chapter 8: Do You Not Like Her?
Chapter 9: I'm Such an Ugly Person With You
Chapter 10: You're Like an Undercover Rich Kid
Chapter 11: Drive-Ins Are Stunning
Chapter 12: Should I call you Batman?
Chapter 13: Because girls are smarter
Chapter 14: Mother knows best
Chapter 15: He's a real keeper
Chapter 16: Queen Slut for Homecoming Queen
Chapter 18: I wanna kiss you
Chapter 19: Lovely Senior Homecoming
Chapter 20: It's only Halloween
Chapter 21: Birth control is under control
Chapter 22: Ivy Leagues are in your league
Chapter 23: Black Friday involves shopping?
Chapter 24: A long ass Christmas List
Chapter 25: Happy Holidays you douche bag
Chapter 26: Y'all are Married couple Goals
Chapter 27: One more chance you filthy animal
Chapter 28: I will still kick his ass
Chapter 29: He left you alone on Valentine's Day?
Chapter 30: He's such a pig, that damn Rollings
Chapter 31: Try not to get arrested
Chapter 32: It's just your average senior prom
Chapter 33: Strike two, we're through
Chapter 34: Are you ready to graduate?
Chapter 35: Goodbye Mr. Rollings

Chapter 17: Well if you Say so

286 4 0
By nniepersaud

Chapter XVII: Well If You Say So

I got up and got ready for Drew's little "date". I'm not so sure on what his plans are but they better not be disappointing.

Because a new season was just added to my favorite show Grey's Anatomy. It makes me want to become a doctor. But yet, I don't want to go through a lot of school.

"Hey do you know what time you'll be home?" Marcus asks walking into my bedroom.

"No I don't, why?" I asked with a sigh.

"Because James and I are having a sleepover. Now Carly, he's good. Okay? He promised me and dad that he won't touch you or go near you." He informs me softly.

I just sigh and look at Marcus. And we just look at each other for a few more moments.

"Yeah okay, like I said before that he's forgiven by me." I simply explain.

"Okay, he's been down on himself about it. He even stopped being a playboy like I am." He sighs.

"He stopped flirting and sleeping with girls?" I asked shocked.

I mean, unlike Marcus. James was the absolute worse playboy at their school. He sleeps with with girls twice in a day.

One time at his house in the morning and then another time at school. I'm also really surprised that he came out STD negative on his doctor's appointment last month.

Which grosses me out because that means that he can continue sleeping around.

"Yeah, the guy is depressed. Even the queen whore of Clemson tried flirting with him but he just refused." He said with a chuckle.

"Wow, I should talk to him when I get back from my small date with Drew." I state while putting my wedges on.

"Remember the curfew." He says sternly.

"I know." I sigh rolling my eyes and grabbing my phone.

We both walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs. I see James sitting on the couch looking on his phone. I froze on the second to last step. He really does look depressed.

Then the doorbell rang.

"That's Drew, I'll see you later." I say to Marcus which makes James look at me with a frown.

"Have fun tonight Carly." James says with a fake smile

"Thanks James." I said softly.

I opened the door, and found Drew holding a bouquet of pink roses. Which I gladly take from him.

"You look beautiful." He breathes looking at my attire.

I was wearing a dark blue sundress and black wedges, and my hair is straightened almost past my butt.

"Thank you. Let's get going." I say while taking the roses and handing them to Marcus telling him to put them in a vase in my bedroom.

Which he kindly did

"So where are we going?" I ask once he held the passenger door open for me like a gentleman.

"To Chilis." He explains while closing the door and then jogging around the back of his car and into the driver's seat.

He started the engine and we both put on our seatbelts.

"I haven't been there in forever." I laugh remembering the last time I went to Chilis.

"Ah well prepare to have some fresh new memories." He chuckles while turning on the radio.

When we got there, he pulled into a parking spot and turned the engine off and got out and closed the door.

I straightened myself up and then Drew opened the door for me, and grabbed my hand helping me out of the car.

After he locked it, he grabbed my hand and then we started to walk towards Chilis.

"Rollings." Drew says to the greeter.

He nods.

"One moment please, let me see if your table is ready." He explains while walking away.

"You really don't have to do this you know." I chuckle softly

"But I want to, besides what kind of friend would I be?" He asks with a smirk.

"Right this way." The greeter says while grabbing two menus and then leading us towards our empty table

Drew pulled a chair out for me and I gladly took a seat and he pushed my chair in and then sat in the chair across from me.

"Okay, a server will be here in a few moments." He explains while smiling at us and then excusing himself.

"What looks good for dinner tonight?" He asks while reading his menu.

"I'm not sure, I think I'll have the boneless buffalo chicken salad with a side of fries." I say looking at Drew.

"I'll have the original bacon burger with a side of fries." He laughs.

"And I have a special dessert I want to pick for you." He explains looking at me sternly.

"Okay." I chuckle.

Then a waiter came. And man he was some sexy eye candy.

"What would you like to drink?" He asked while getting out a notepad and a Chilis click pen.

"A Coke." I say.

"Me too." Drew explains.

"Okay I'll be right back with your drinks." The waiter says writing our order down and walking away.

"So, has Keely been seeing Lance?" He asked me while closing his menu.

"Nope, you heard of the rumor that apparently she gave Lance herpes which may I say it isn't true." I imply raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah he told me when he got his blood test results back." He confirms.

"Well it's not true. And Keely is completely free of  STDs." I say matter of factly.

"Oh really? Well I'll talk to him later. Right now I have a mission I must do." He said all serious like.

"A mission? Am I a part of it?" I ask impressed of this new nerdy side of him.

"Of course you are." He said with a toothy grin.

Just then the waiter comes back with our drinks, and then takes out his notepad and pen and looks at us waiting to write down our orders.

"I would like the boneless chicken salad with a side of fries." I inform while flashing him my Lukens smile, which he returned.

"And I would like the original bacon burger with a side of fries." Drew sighs while handing the waiter both of our menus.

"I'll be right back with your orders." The waiter explains properly and leaves us yet again.

"Well Carly, are you nervous about seeing your class rank?" He asks amused.

"Eh, I mean, I'm not totally freaking out. I'll probably be ranked first or second. But I'm hoping first so that I can be valedictorian." I chime while taking a big sip of coke from my straw.

"I think that you would get it." He chuckles.

"Let's just hope." I sigh.

Class ranks are on Monday - Wednesday. And everyone is flipping out about it. It's all over my Twitter. I mean, it should be because it shows how you're doing in school.

"What do you think your rank is?" I ask.

"Probably a thirty two. I was last year." He says nonchalantly.

" I'm sure you would be much higher this year. Because you're a smart person Drew." I inform him softly while looking at him.

"I sure hope so Carly, but right now I only care about what your rank is." He says looking deep into my eyes.

The waiter came back with our food and placed it in front of us. After he left, we started to dig in.

"What is this dessert that I have to order?" I ask while looking at him and taking another bite from my delicious salad.

"You'll just have to see when they bring it to us." He says with his mouth full.

I just roll my eyes and chuckle.

"I better not be disappointed." I say pointing my fork at him.

"I doubt that you would be." He laughs.

We had a small conversation and then we were finished eating, and the waiter came back and Drew told him to get the special dessert and it looks like the waiter knew what he was talking about because he smirked and nodded and then left.

I just gave Drew a confused look. Which he shrugged off.

Then the waiter came back with a small plate that had a chocolate chip cookie that cover almost the whole plate and on the cookie was lavender frosting that spells out "HC?"

The waiter placed it in front of me and left.

"Carly Lukens, will you go to homecoming with me?" Drew asked.

"Yes! Oh my gosh yes! I'll go with you!" I squeal.
He then took a picture with my phone of me holding the plate, I was tilting it a little for the camera, but I made sure that it didn't fall off.

This is truly one surprise.

"Mission completed." He says

I just roll my eyes and took a big bite form the cookie.

♕|♕|♕|♕
"James, look I forgive you." I sigh while standing at Marcus' bedroom doorway while the two boys were sitting on Marcus' bed.

"Are you sure?" He asked eagerly.

"Yes James I'm sure, I've known you for a long time." I say.

"Thank you Carly. I'll buy you Chick Fil a whenever I can." He explains to me very quickly.

"If you say so." I chuckle while walking out of the bedroom and into my own

I looked at the post on my Instagram and smiled.

This senior homecoming will be a great one. I can feel it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 4.7K 36
Jolie Watson was used to being invisible at her huge high school in New York City, but when her parents split up and her Mom moved them back to her t...
41.3K 1.1K 32
This is a story of one named Lucas Peréz, a senior at a new high school in a new town with new people. What happens when two high school jocks start...
5.2M 151K 28
Sophie Green Is a nerd. Everyone picks on her. There is only one person who protects her and when he is not around they pick on her twice as much. Wh...
406 0 22
Briar Madison If someone asked you to point out the sweetest person you knew, anyone would point in the direction of Briar, but what people don't kno...