The Innocent Love of Jason Mc...

By xSnowKiss

Jason McCann, innocent face but criminal mind. If it wasn't because of the Las Vegas Police Force, he wouldn'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 [Finale]

Chapter 19

25.9K 404 98
By xSnowKiss

I'm introducing a new character! Looks like Jovan might begin to understand Taylor's feelings for Jason...hmm... xD Also, a lil bit of romance before things get serious again! Mwah!

__________________________

x Jovan x

"Jo? Jo, open the door." Abbie's voice demanded. I frowned, looking out of my bedroom window and up at the gray clouds. There was no doubt that it was going to rain soon.

"Jovan Greene, open the damn door!" Abbie pounded on my door. "Don't make me knock this door down!" Her pounds became harder and couldn't help but smirk at her threat. Abbie couldn't break down a door. Not even if there were a million of her.

"Jovan!" She was beginning to whine. "Jo, please!" She pleaded. I chuckled and pushed open my window. A cold gust of wind welcomed me, dancing on my face.

"Jo, I need to talk to you! You can't stay in there forever!"

She'd give up eventually, I thought. I stepped out of through my window, sprinting into a run towards the small woods beside my house. I needed some alone time just to think. To think about why Taylor would ever choose some criminal over me. I just couldn't figure that out.

I slowed to a walk, looking around and taking in the scent of the large pine trees that surrounded me. Everything was silent and calm. It was just the little bit of peace I was looking for.

And then that peace was ruined.

I was suddenly surrounded by the sound of galloping hooves and shouting men. What was going on?

"Check if she went that way!" I heard a men command. Police. Just great. All I needed was to get pulled into some mess just because I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I began to make my way back home and away from the shouting police. All of the sudden, something grabbed my leg and I fell forward.

"Ow!" I cried out. "What the-" The same thing or person that caused me to fall dragged me into the bushes.

Someone slapped a hand across my mouth. "Shh!" I couldn't see whoever was shushing me. "Shut up if you want your precious life." They whisper-threatened me. I pulled their hand off my face, coughing and spitting out dirt that had escaped into my mouth.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed.

"I told you to shut up!" The person ordered. I could hear the sound of the hooves getting closer. I suddenly wished I'd stayed in my room and thought about Taylor there.

But curiousity was eating away at me and I couldnt help but turn around to get a view at the person who was holding me captive behind a pair of bushes. The person who had just threatened me. The one who I bet was the reason the police were here in the first place.

It was girl.

She had blue-streaked, dark brown, straight hair and dangerous but goregous-looking brown eyes. Her nose was peirced and her skin was freakishly pale. She was wearing nothing but a gray sport's bra which revealed the other peircing on her belly button and a pair of faded ripped shorts. She wasn't even wearing shoes.

"Who are you?" I blurted.

"Don't ask questions!" She snapped. "And shut up!"

"Maybe I don't want to shut up!" I shot back.

She narrowed her eyes. "What is it that you want?"

I smirked. "Chill. I just want to know your name."

She seemed to calm down a bit but I could tell she still had her guard up. "My name's Max." She informed me.

I raised my eyebrow slightly. "Isn't that a boy's name?"

She crossed her arms defensively. "Max is short for Maxine which is a girl's name." She tucked a blue streak behind her ear. "And what's your name, Princess?" She fluttered her eyelashes innocently.

I scowled. "My name's Jovan."

Max snorted and ran a hand through her brown hair. "How common."

I glared at her. "Something's crawling up my arm."

Max raised both her eyebrows and suddenly I realized what I'd just said.

"Oh shit! Something's crawling up my arm!" I staggered to my feet, brushing my left arm off like a maniac. Max rolled her eyes and stood up after me.

"Calm down." She ordered. I did, the weird sensation still on my arm. "It's just a small spider." She told me, plucking something black and tiny off the side of my shirt.

My eyes widened and my heart was beating abnormally fast. "I hate spiders." I muttered feeling like a total idiot.

"I love spiders." Max smiled.

"There she is!" Someone shouted. Max and I looked back, suddenly aware of the group of policeman on horses.

"Run!" Max squealed and grabbed my hand, pulling me with her as we ran through the trees and bushes.

Then realization hit me. Why was she being chased by the police anyways? What had she done?

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a raindrop hit my forehead.

x Taylor x

"Jason?" I inched my room's door open to see Jason sprawled across my small bed. He smiled when he saw me. It was getting dark and I still couldn't stop thinking about the fight with Jovan eariler. Was he ok? It was killing me. But right now...Jason was what was important.

"Hey," I grinned sheepishly. "There's milk in the fridge. I can prepare you a glass if you'd like."

Jason quickly nodded and then blushed. "Yeah...that would be nice. Thank you, Tay."

It was my turn to blush. "No problem, Jason." I flashed him a smile and slipped back out of the room and to the kitchen.

I pryed the fridge's door open, pulling out the jug of white milk. I assumed Abbie or Jovan must have bought it because I didn't usually have enough money for milk. Not when James was in jail. But James was finally back and tomorrow he could go out in search of a job and everything will go back to normal.

No. Nothing would ever be normal. Not with Jason here. But that was a good thing. Jason means everything to me.

I poured milk into a clear glass and decided to warm it up a little in the microwave. While I waited for the milk, I snooped through the cabinets, wondering what else Abbie and Jovan had bought. My eyes fell upon endless bags of chips and cheetos and even chocolate chip cookies. I grabbed the cookies, tucking them under my arm and pulling the milk glass out of the microwave. I made a self note to thank Abbie and Jovan later. I really owed them a lot.

I skipped back to the room, smiling as I pushed the milk and cookies towards Jason. "Enjoy."

Jason chuckled and plucked a cookie out of it's pouch, shoving it into his mouth. "Yum. Thank you."

I giggled. "No problem. Goodnight, Jason. Sleep tight." I blew him a kiss and headed back towards the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" He asked me.

I turned back around. "To the couch. To sleep."

Jason frowned and placed the milk and cookies on my beat-up brown nightstand. "No, you're not."

I crossed my arms. "Yes, I am."

"You're sleeping here," Jason told me. "With me."

I felt my cheeks flush. "Jason, it's not right."

"It's not right to get a good night's sleep? It's just a bed, Tay." Jason stood up and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "It's no big deal."

I blushed deeper. "But-"

Jason cracked a small smile. "C'mon. I'll share the milk and cookies with you." He winked.

I sighed and gave in. He was just so irresistable. And he was right. It was just a bed. There was no big deal.

Jason pulled me onto the bed and I leaned onto his shoulder as we ate up all the milk and cookies. I remembered the last time we'd shared milk and cookies. He was in jail and we were separaed by big metal bars. Now? Now we were here, sitting together and enjoying the beginning of freedom.

Jason chugged the last big of milk and placed the cup back on the nightstand along with the empty pouch of cookies.

I let out a yawn. "It's been a long day."

Jason interwined his fingers with mine. "It has. I'm ready for some rest."

I nodded in agreement and wiggled my fingers out of Jason's. "I'll go turn off the light." I told him and hopped off the bed. I sauntered over to the light switch and flickered off the light. I was suddenly blinded.

"Jason?" I giggled as I made my way back. I heard him chuckle as I felt the bed in front of me. I fell into it, crashing into Jason. My bed might be bigger than James's but it was still really small. Very small. Twin size. James's was slightly smaller.

"Sorry," I apologized to Jason. "If my bed is too small. Maybe I really should go sleep on the couch."

I felt Jason wrap his arms around me and pull me into his chest. "It's ok. I guess we'll just have to sleep all pressed together."

My cheeks went pink but luckily it was masked by the darkness. "Goodnight, Jason." I whispered.

"Goodnight, Tay." He responded. I curled closer to him, so close that I could feel his breath on my neck. I could feel his breathing start to slow as sleep began to consume him.

"Jason?" I blurted suddenly.

"Mmm?"

"I..." I chewed on my lip. "I..."

He chuckled softly. "I love you too, Tay."

I smiled. "I love you, Jason."

And as I said that, there with Jason, I didn't think of Jovan once. I fell into a deep sleep, enjoying the feeling of Jason's arms around me all night long.

_________________________________

Author's Note: What did yall think about Max? xD Did you realize i tricked yall in the past chapter? hehe lol (; COMMENT VOTE FAN and LIKE! Also, check out "Hidden Secrets" by ListenJustListen. It's amazing!  One of the best Jason McCann stories i've read. Mwah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
11.5M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...