Do What You Gotta Do - a Desc...

By randomreader000000

Follow the story of Mal's younger brother who also gets taken to Auradon, but will he make the same decisions... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Possible Preview 😏

Chapter 2

1K 24 2
By randomreader000000

Drac knew they'd arrived when he heard the awful band. He wasn't sure what type of music it was but he did know various types of torture and was certain this qualified. When the car stopped and the limo door opened he couldn't get out fast enough. Mal and Evie had already gotten out gracefully but he was pushed from Jay and Carlos who were fighting over something they both had wanted to steal from the limo and ended up going headfirst into the pavement. Luckily growing up on the Isle had given him quick reflexes and he was able to put his hand out and stop his face from hitting the ground. He quickly turned it into a tuck and roll as he somersaulted out of the vehicle and landed on his feet before standing up straight.

"You got everything else! Why do you want whatever this is?" Carlos groaned as Jay dragged him out by the device they both hand their hands on.

"Because you want it!" Jay said back through clenched teeth as they struggled.

"Boys! We have an audience!" Mal snapped getting their attention. Drac fixed his jacket and purple fingerless gloves giving a final glance to his bag which was safe, sound, and uncrushed. Jay smiled and let go of the device leaving Carlos on his own.

"Just. . . cleaning up." The son of Jafar lied.

"Leave it how you found it." A cheerful woman in periwinkle said with a smile, "And by that I do mean leave it."

When Jay had tossed the thing back into the car and the boys were standing upright the woman introduced herself.

"Welcome to Auradon Prep!" she said with a smile, "I'm Fairy Godmother, headmistress." Mal and Drac looked to each other both thinking the same thing, find Fairy Godmother – check. Next phase, get magic wand.

"The Fairy Godmother?" Mal asked clarifying, "As in bibbiti-bobbity-boo?"

"Bibbiti-bobbity, you know it."

Mal gave her best fake smile, "Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella when you just –appeared! Out of nowhere. With that sparkly wand, warm smile. . . and that sparkly wand."

Drac chuckled playing along and leaned in toward his sister's ear and whispered, "Turn it down a notch Captain Obvious." He said with a smile that hurt his face trying not to move his lips as he slyly gave his sister advice. It seemed to work and went unnoticed as Fairy Godmother continued.

"Oh, that was a long time ago, and as I always say 'don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future!'" Drac had to keep himself from scoffing, all the villains did back on the Isle was think of the past, and how they wanted revenge for it.

"It's so good to finally meet you all." The boy next to Fairy Godmother said stepping forward. "I'm Ben."

"Prince! Benjamin. Soon to be king!" the girl next to him said nearly squealing with delight.

"You had me at prince." Evie said walking up to him, "My mom's a queen which, makes me a princess."

"The Evil Queen has no royal status here." The girl said still smiling, "And neither do you."

"This is Audrey." Ben said sounding slightly embarrassed.

"Princess Audrey." she corrected, "His girlfriend." She said taking his hand, "Right Benny-boo?"

He looked a bit uncomfortable at the dorky nickname, fortunately for Ben Fairy Godmother took over the conversation again.

"Ben and Audrey are going to show you all around and I'll see you tomorrow." Fairy Godmother said from between them, "The doors of wisdom are never shut!" she exclaimed pulling apart Ben and Audrey's hands, "But the library hours are from eight to eleven and as you may have heard I have a little thing about curfews." She said before walking away with the gold and blue band following her. Thank God, Drac thought, no more of that awful music.

"It is so, so, so good to finally meet you all." Prince Ben said approaching them with a smile which only faltered when Jay punched him in the shoulder - a common welcome on the Isle. Then the prince moved over and tried to shake Drac's hand but he only put them both in the pockets of his jacket. Ben instead gave a nod and a smile before moving on to Mal who shook his hand roughly.

"This is a momentous occasion. And one that I hope will go down in history. . . " he drifted off from him speech again as he shook Carlos's candy covered hand, "Is that chocolate?" he asked before remembering what he was saying. " . . . as the day our two peoples began to heal."

"Or the day that you showed five peoples where the bathrooms are." Mal said interrupting though Ben didn't seem to mind.

"A little bit over the top?" he asked her with a chuckle.

"A little more than a little bit." She chuckled trying to avoid eye contact.

"Well so much for my first impression." They both chuckled again and Drac raised an eyebrow confused by his sister's . . . flirting? Was she flirting? Princess Audrey must have noticed it too because she leaned into Ben trying to break the two apart.

"Hey! You're Maleficent's kids aren't you? Yeah, you know what? I totally do not blame you for your mother trying to kill my parents and stuff. Oh, my mom's Aurora." She explained, "Sleeping –"

"Beauty." Mal and Drac finished for her in perfect sync.

"Oh yeah, we've heard the name." Drac said resting his elbow on Mal's shoulder with an evil grin on his face as he stared at Audrey.

"And I totally do not blame your grandparents for inviting everyone in the whole world, but my mother to their stupid christening." Mal said.

"Water under the bridge." Audrey said with a fake smile.

"Totes!" Mal said with an even faker smile before both she, Drac and Audrey started laughing insincerely. Then their laughs turned into sighs as they all started glaring at each other. Drac brought his hand, the one that wasn't resting on Mal, to his lips and gave a whistle. Diaval came flying out of the limo and landed on his shoulder. Audrey shrieked and jumped back half a step before smiling and giving a nervous chuckle.

"Nice. . . birdy." She said trying to cover her cowardice, reaching out a hand to pet Diaval. All he had to do was caw and stretch his wings a little which made her jump back again. Drac lifted his hand and started stroking his feathers, Ben was oblivious to the harsh edge in the exchange and clapped his hands together.

"Okay! So how about a tour? Auradon Prep, originally built over three hundred years ago and converted into a high school by my father when he became king." Ben practically quoted a history book as they turned and walked past a statue of his father. Ben clapped his hands and it turned into a beast causing Carlos to jump in fright right into Jay's arms.

"Carlos it's okay." Ben said, "My father wanted his statue to morph from beast to man to remind us that anything is possible."

"Does he shed much?" Mal asked.

"Yeah, mom won't let him on the couch." Ben replied before leading them on. Mal and Drac exchanged a glance both of them unsure whether the prince was joking or not. Ben and Audrey continued on the perfectly paved path to the double front doors made of dark polished wood under a stone carved awning.

They all entered the main hall of the dorm building which was decorated with more blue and gold banners. All of them looked around, never being in a building that lacked so much in cobwebs and broken windows. Finally after their gawking Mal asked, "So, you guys have a lot of magic here in Auradon? Like wands and things like that?"

Way to be subtle Mal, Drac thought hitting her in the arm with his elbow and giving her a look he hoped conveyed his Tone it down, thoughts.

"Yeah, it exists of course, but it's pretty much retired. Most of us here are just ordinary mortals." Ben answered.

"Who happen to be kings and queens."

"That's true!" Audrey piped up, "Our royal blood goes back hundreds of years." She bragged pulling Ben's arm over her shoulders. But Ben pulled away almost instantly when he saw someone coming down the stairs.

"Doug! Doug, come down." He called as a boy with short blonde hair and glasses came down the steps wearing a band uniform. "This is Doug. He's gonna help you with your class schedules and show you the rest of the dorms. I'll see you later okay?" Ben said, though it seemed like he was talking only to Mal. "And if there is anything you need, feel free to –"

"Ask Doug." Audrey intervened again before pulling Ben out of the building as Doug introduced himself.

"Hi guys. I'm Dopey's son. As in Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy and. . . heigh ho." He paused looking at Evie.

"Evie. Evil Queen's daughter." She introduced herself stepping forward with all the confidence of a princess. Doug took a moment to recompose himself before shaking his head and looking at the clipboard in his hands.

"Okay. So about your classes. I put in the requirements already. History of Woodsmen and Pirates, Safety Rules for the Internet and, eh, Remedial Goodness 101." He stuttered that last bit as Mal looked over his shoulder at the schedule and popped a candy in her mouth.

"Let me guess, new class?" Doug nodded as Evie twirled her hair. "Come on guys, let's go find our dorms." Mal said dropping her candy wrapper to the floor and heading for the stairs as they followed her.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Your dorms are that way guys." Doug said pointing down another hall.

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

Drac was rooming with Carlos and Jay in a dorm that on the Isle would probably house at least a dozen or more kids. He found his backpack and other things on a plush chair by his bed before he flopped onto the mattress. It was hands down the most comfortable thing he'd ever laid on. Diaval flew right to the post of the canopy above and made himself comfortable. Carlos, being the tech savvy guy he was didn't take long to find a TV and a video game console. Drac took off his leather jacket leaving him in a green tee shirt, some parts of the shirt he'd taken some fishnets and a can of black spray paint and made patches of scale looking patterns. One sleeve had fallen off a long time ago and Evie had replaced it for him with a pure black one.

He wasn't sure when he'd fallen asleep but at some point drifted right off. It was dark out when he woke to Mal and Evie stopping by. His sister immediately walked over to Jay who was going through a pile of loot he'd already stolen in just that afternoon.

"Jay, what are you doing?" Mal asked him.

"It's called stealing."

"Okay, what's the point?"

"Well, Mal, it's like buying whatever I want, except it's free."

"I think she meant what's the point of stealing it when once we get the wand and free our parents we can take whatever we want anyway?" Drac said sitting up and resting his arms on his knees. Mal snapped and pointed a finger at him.

"Exactly." She agreed as Drac got up from his plush bed and joined Carlos by the video game system and they started taking turns slashing down bad guys.

"So you can do that." Mal continued, "Or you could leave all of this here and pick it up when we take over the world."

"You sound just like your mom." Evie said fixing her hair in a mirror.

"Thank you."

"You do it your way." Jay said, "And I'll do it mine." He kept going through his stuff while Carlos and Drac took turns playing the video game.

"Die suckers!" Carlos cheered.

"Jay come check this out." Drac invited him over.

"It's awesome." Carlos chuckled.

"Guys!" Mal called getting their attention, "Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?"

"Fairy Godmother." Jay replied, "Blah, blah, blah. Magic wand. . . blah, blah, blah."

"This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents." She said and they all stopped what they were doing and looked at her as her serious tone fell over the room, "To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel. Yeah?"

"Yeah. . "

"Yeah." They all agreed.

"Evie, mirror me." Mal said sitting down at the table in their room. Evie sat on her right and took out the mirror.

"Mirror, mirror on the. . . in my hand. Where is Fairy Godmother's wand. . . stand?" Drac watched over Evie's shoulder as blue mist filled the mirror until it revealed the wand.

"There it is!"

"Great." Drac said, "Now where is there?"

"Zoom out." Carlos said.

"Magic mirror not so close." Evie whispered as Carlos typed on the laptop on the table - one of the things Jay had stolen.

"Can we get back to the game?" Drac asked, "We're on level three."

"It's in a museum! Do we know where that is?" Mal asked.

"2.3 miles from here." Carlos said turning the screen of the computer to face them.

"History Island." Drac read, "They couldn't think of anything more creative to name it?" He scoffed moving away from the group to grab his jacket off the bed. Diaval was perched on the back with his head tucked in his feathers already asleep. Drac left him be and headed out of the room with the others as he zipped up his coat.

- -LONG LIVE EVIL - -

It took a while on foot but they eventually reached the Museum of Cultural History. It was a large stone building with banners hanging down its grand walls advertising an 'Evil Remembrance' gallery showing.

"Check your mirror." Mal told Evie.

"Is my mascara smudged?"

"Yeah. And hey, while you're at it why don't you see if you can find us the wand?"

"Sure. This way." Evie said looking into her mirror as they headed for the main doors. Drac was prepared to pick the lock and get them inside but the doors were already unlocked so getting in was easy.

It was dimly lit but Drac could see that the hallway walls were covered in the crests of all the royal families of Auradon. They ignored the elaborate displays showcasing the stories of all the famous princes, princesses, kings and queens and headed for the main security room. They peaked through the windows of the doors, luckily there was only one guard. Being filled with the most pure hearted people Auradon probably didn't have a high crime rate to worry about – yet.

Drac looked around at all the screens in the room, there was the trident, the enchanted rose, the genie's lamp, even Cinderella's glass slipper. In the center on a platform stood his mother's spinning wheel and Drac pictured Audrey pricking her finger on it this time. He could also see his mother's face almost like she was standing beside it and he felt a tugging in his chest. Like with the scepter that wheel was a symbol of his mother's power and his blood recognized that and made him feel drawn to not only the item that once held great power but drawn to the idea of having that kind of power himself one day. However, the object didn't seem to be as worthwhile to everyone in their group.

"That's your mother's spinning wheel?" Jay asked holding back chuckles.

"Yeah, it's kind of dorky." Carlos added, laughing quietly and Drac turned to him offended.

"It's magic. It doesn't have to look scary." Mal defended their legacy before she pulled out her spell book. "Magic spindle do not linger. Make my victim prick a finger." They watched the guard but all he did was turn in his chair and look at the wheel with boredom in his eyes.

"Impressive." Jay said weakly.

"I got chills." Carlos added.

"Okay you know what?" Mal threatened flipping the pages of her book, "Prick the finger, prick it deep. Send my enemy off to sleep." She whispered and this time the guard actually stood and approached the spindle. One tap of his finger and he yawned and laid down to sleep.

"Not so dorky now, huh." Mal said before trying the door – which was locked.

"Stand back." Jay said as he backed up to get a running start. Drac could see what he was planning and he grabbed the spell book from Mal's hands and read another incantation.

"Make it easy, make it quick. Open up without a kick."

The doors opened by themselves as Jay jumped into the air only to go sailing through and land on his butt with a groan. The girls laughed at him and walked by, Carlos offered his help but Jay shoved him away. When Drac passed him he kicked his leg with the side of his boot.

"Let's go." He chuckled.

Using Evie's mirror they crept through the halls as quickly as they could, going up several staircases in the process. Eventually they made it to the 'Gallery of Villains'. They all froze in their tracks as they looked at the exact replicas of their parents each in a terrifying position. Jafar had his staff, Maleficent her scepter, EQ had a poison apple while Cruella was chasing puppies.

"Mommy?" Evie said stunned.

"Killer." Jay whispered.

"Mom?" Drac said with great sadness in his voice.

"I'll never forget mother's day again." Carlos said fearfully beside him and Drac turned to him nodding his head in agreement.

"Well, wand's not here." Jay said breaking the tension, "Let's bounce." And they all left to continue searching for the wand.

"So close." Evie said looking into her mirror. "Up the stairs, go, go, go."

They ended up finding their prize in a circular room with two levels. In the center was a bright blue light where the wand levitated. They all looked down over the rail at it, the tool that would bring their parents victory and give the five of them their parent's pride. They rushed down the stairs and around the rail that protected it. Jay bent to go under it when Mal cried, "Jay, don't!"

But he only smiled and kept going, stealing was his specialty after all. "Wait! No, no! Don't!" Mal warned as he reached for the wand. Just as his fingers were about to touch it magic pushed him back and an alarm blared.

"A force field and a siren?" Carlos asked holding his ears.

"That's just a little excessive." Jay said struggling to get up from the impact.

"Let's go!" Mal shouted and they all ran back the way they'd come, the siren making their ears ring. They could hear the footsteps of the guard rushing to where the alarm had been sounded as they fled. They went down the stairs and ducked behind pillars. As they made it through the guard's room a phone started to ring. Drac paused when he saw Carlos answer it.

"Hello? Uh, just give me one second, one second." Then he started hitting buttons and the alarm shut off, "Yeah, yeah, no, false alarm. It was a malfunction in the LM 714 chip in the breadboard circuit. Yeah, say hi to the missus."

Then Drac heard the guard's footsteps as he was coming back and he grabbed Carlos by the jacket and dragged him out of the building following the others.

"You're welcome." Carlos said as Drac dragged him along.

"I'll thank you when we're in the clear now move!" he whisper shouted as they caught up with the others who were outside running across the grass to get back to the dorms.

"Way to go Jay. Now we have to go to school tomorrow!" Mal scolded as they fled the scene of the almost crime and Drac contemplated going back to get caught. Jail would be preferable to class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 1.6K 28
I am Haden Deimos, Son of Hades. I'm the Prince of the Underworld. I'm a VK. The kid of a villain...obviously. I used to be the most feared kid on th...
53.9K 809 27
Mal's living in Auradon. She's engaged to Ben and she's been keeping her past a secret. Her abusing and hurtful past is hidden from almost everybody...
1.2K 29 12
Evie has a twin sister she isn't friends with the core 4 but is still there for her sister. She gets to go to auradon with her sister and her friend...
4K 313 16
In the concluding beat of war, Evie awakens to a wide world unknown. With her memories completely shattered, she must rebuild her life from scratch...