Our Secrets

By Skyalent

Batfam x Batsis Reader Harry Potter AU "You've got your secrets, I've got mine. The only difference is that... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Change
Chapter 2 - Gala
Chapter 3 - Fire in the Dark
Chapter 4 - Grief and Recovery
Chapter 5 - Slipping in Some Magic
Chapter 6 - The Days Before School
Chapter 7 - Different
Chapter 8 - Dragons
Chapter 9 - Filler Chapter
Chapter 10 - Let's Hang Out!
Chapter 11 - Y/n's Date
Chapter 12 - The Gala
Chapter 13 - December the 26th
Chapter 14 - Hidden Secrets
Special Chapter YAYYYYYYYYYY
Chapter 15 - Summer Flashbacks
Chapter 16 - Back at School
Chapter 17 - Inner Feelings
Chapter 18 - A Day in Hogwarts
Chapter 19 - Words Left Unsaid
Chapter 20 - Back In Time (Part 1)
Chapter 21 - The Third Task
Chapter 22 - Back in Time (Part 2)
Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Original Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Chapter 24 - Brooms
New Years Special!
Chapter 25 - Muggle Ice Slippers
Chapter 26 - A List of Questions
Chapter 27 -The Bucket List (Part 1)
Chapter 28 -The Bucket List (Part 2)
Chapter 29 -The Bucket List (Part 3)
Chapter 30 -The Bucket List (Part 4)
Chapter 31 - The Justice League
Chapter 32 - Without Her
Chapter 33 - Magic Mayhem
Chapter 34 - Defending and Training
Chapter 35 - Newt's Surprise
The Second Special Chapter!
Chapter 36 - Catching Up
Chapter 37 - Mischief Never Managed
Chapter 38 - Deadpool
Teenfic... Please Stop
I Know...
Chapter 39 - Princess in a Tower
Chapter 41 - Safe and Sound
Chapter 42 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 43 - 'Twas The Night Before Heart Attack
Chapter 44 - Stupid. Loveable. Idiot
Chapter 45 - The Chaotic Holidays
Chapter 46 - Cold
Chapter 47 - Undertale
Chapter 48 - A Frizzy Day
Chapter 49 - The Dursley Investigation
Chapter 50 - Patronuses
Chapter 51 - Bacon and Meowson
Chapter 52 - When There's Trouble You Know Who To Call...
Chapter 53 - Alone

Chapter 40 - Back in Time... Again??

558 18 3
By Skyalent

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 40 — Back in Time... Again??

A/n: Changing up some of the plot because I can't really recall the movie but that's fineee

SECRET'S OF DUMBLEDORE SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

════════════════════════════════

The first thing Y/n felt was something poking her cheek. Opening her eyes, she found herself lying down, looking straight at Frizz who had been trying to wake her up for a while now. Recalling the past moments, Y/n shot up. "Frizz are you alright? I tried portalling us out of there- and I wasn't really thinking when I portalled, at least, I think I portalled- it felt... different."

Frizz nodded, assuring Y/n that he was alright before climbing into her hair. The moon shone above them, the forest trees casting shadows that bended on the grass. Y/n didn't know what to do. She had portalled, or she believed she did, into an unknown place, and she didn't have enough control to portal back home.

So, she did the next best thing. Explore the area. Once you know your surroundings, you can make out what is safe and perhaps find society.

But as she walked through the forest to a slight clearing, she found herself mesmerized at the sight.

"A Qilin." she whispered to herself.

Well, at least she knew where she was now. She was still in her universe, hopefully, or perhaps a parallel one, the multiverse was odd. She was somewhere in Kweilin, China, since Qilin are native and live there. She could work out which way was North, then find society from there.

Watching the Qilin silently, she watched as a figure approached the Qilin. A familiar figure. And a familiar voice spoke to the Qilin.

"Mr. Newt?" Y/n asked out loud, though quietly, as to not startle the Qilin.

"Y/n?" Newt quickly turned to see the young- no- more grown up Y/n that he had not seen in years. "What are you doing here? Did Dumbledore..?"

"No- I'm... I'm here by accident."

Newt went silent as Y/n approached the Qilin who looked at her kindly. "You're pregnant." she stated, the thought of new life filling her heart with warmth. Newt moved to assist the Qilin in giving birth as Y/n supportingly talked to the Qilin.

The newborn Qilin, Y/n's eyes shown with awe, happiness and wonder, just as Newt remembered. She was still the young girl he had met 7 years ago. She had grown up so much, but that was understandable considering how time travel worked. She still had her passion for fantastic beasts, and Newt felt a sense of pride filling him. Was this the feeling of a father seeing their daughter grow up so quickly? Newt wasn't sure.

The peace could not be held for long, however, as a spell shot out and killed the mother Qilin, eyes that were once filled with life fading as a tear fell down. A mother, unable to watch their child grow.

Newt quickly picked up the baby Qilin with one hand and grabbed Y/n's hand with his other, attempting to flee the sudden attackers.

"W-who are they?" Y/n said alarmed, trying her best to keep up with Newt and placing defensive spells with her powers.

"No one good." Newt quickly replied, stumbling through the dark forest.

However, the game of cat and mouse could only last so long as a spell stunned Newt, the second stunning spell hitting Y/n's Gojo barrier, preventing her from being stunned. She quickly knelt down, nudging Newt quickly. "Mr. Newt! Mr. Newt please!"

A force pushed Y/n away and held her at a tree, vines tying her securely. She helplessly watched as the unknown young man took the baby Qilin, gave her one last look, and disappeared with the rest of his group.

As soon as they left, Frizz got out of her hair and worked to get her out alongside Pickett. As soon as she got loose, she picked them up and raced to Newt. "Mr. Newt?" Y/n nudged him on his shoulder.

Pickett encouraged her to get inside the suitcase when getting no response from Newt. She climbed inside and watched as a Snallygaster flew out the suitcase to help. Teddy the Niffler, recognizing Y/n, quickly came to hug her. Y/n picked him up and returned the hug. She could only wait and hope.

══════════

A few moments later, Newt came into the suitcase and Y/n raised towards him, giving him a big hug. "Mr. Newt! Are you okay?"

Newt chuckled a bit, patting Y/n's head and handing her the twin Qilin that he had found. "I'm okay. There was another one. A twin."

The baby Qilin snuggled into Y/n's arms before falling asleep, exhausted by the events that took place. Newt smiled at the sight before speaking the lingering question he had, "Now, how did you get here?"

Y/n looked at Newt and gave a slight smile, "I was trying to use my powers to portal out of a horrible situation but I was kinda panicked and couldn't control it. I guess I accidentally sent myself back in the past."

"It will be near impossible to get our hands on a time turner at the moment because of our erm... current... events that are happening." Newt awkwardly replied, unsure if he wanted to involve Y/n with defeating Grindelwald.

"So I'm staying with you then?"

"It'll be safer." Newt affirmed, before turning around. "We're.. We're going to be picking someone up along the way to visit Dumbledore so..."

"I'll behave! Don't worry! I'll just stay in the suitcase and take care of everyone! I know for a fact that I've missed them." Y/n smiled, easing Newt's worries.

"You can go and feed them then, I've got some new ones that might not be used to you, so be careful!" Newt warned as Y/n walked further into the suitcase with the Qilin napping in her arms.

"I will!"

══════════

Y/n had finished feeding everyone including the now awake Qilin who was playing with Frizz. Looking around, Y/n realized that Teddy was missing and went to go search where he was. Since he was nowhere in the suitcase after searching around and asking the creatures if they had spotted him (which the reply was a no), she had no choice but to leave the suitcase, just to check if Teddy was still nearby or with Newt.

"Newt, I can't find Teddy- oh, am I interrupting something? Sorry." Y/n peered up to see unfamiliar faces staring at her climbing out of Newt's suitcase.

"Who's the kid?" one man asked, Y/n could faintly recognize him as Theseus Scamander from her magic history books.

"Y/n L/n, a pleasure seeing you again." came the voice of a young Dumbledore who seemingly appeared out of nowhere, eyes still twinkling with knowledge as if knowing she was going to appear.

"Um, likewise Professor." Y/n nervously replied.

"Not to worry, young L/n, your headmaster has informed me of the help you have offered to defeat Grindelwald and I thank you ever so much." Dumbledore told her, and suddenly Y/n was less nervous. If the future Dumbledore had found out that she had gone back in time and warned his past self, Y/n would be able to get home. That is, after defeating Grindelwald.

"We're letting a kid help? Dumbledore this is not a joke she could-"

"Trust me when I say that Ms Y/n here is very capable of protecting herself and others. She even tamed a Chimaera, so I believe that Y/n's contribution will be very helpful." Dumbledore assured them before disappearing as quickly as he appeared.

Y/n felt the awkwardness of everyone's stares and leaned closer to Newt after spotting Teddy. "I fed everyone," she whispered to him, "but I think Beshee is coming down with a slight fever, so I gave her some medicine." Newt patted her head in thanks and one man tilted his head.

"Nooo, don't tell me you and Tina had a kid!" a man who had a mustache whispered loudly to Newt. Newt shook his head as his brother turned to him wide-eyed.

"No, no, Y/n is just- Y/n is..." Newt struggled to explain.

"Newt's my father figure! But he's not actually my dad. Newt just took care of me for a while when my family couldn't." Y/n explained instead, letting Newt calm down.

As they arrived in Berlin, Y/n bonded with Jacob, the man who had assumed Newt had her as his child with Tina. Aware that Newt does end up with Tina in the future and has a kid (thanks to books and him practically being her idol), she kept silent. Jacob had plenty amusing stories to tell her throughout the train ride and Y/n could see why Newt enjoyed his company.

"Y/n, make sure to always-"

"Stay by your side, I remember!" Y/n smiled cheekily at Newt who returned the smile.

══════════

Y/n didn't know that having practiced her Gojo barrier would become so useful. As they were unable to do anything as Grindelwald was declared free of all charges, Y/n tried her best to stay near Newt as Theseus was taken down and captured.

Y/n tried her best to keep her mind in the moment, but could only faintly register Dumbledore telling them where Theseus was taken to and Newt guiding her somewhere before apparating. She finally focused when she saw the familiar sight of Hog's Head, Newt sitting her down on a chair with a table.

"You alright, Y/n?" Newt asked, concerned, he could see the girl increasingly getting tired. He could easily guess that she hadn't slept inside the suitcase while she was there.

"Sorry Mr Newt, usually I'm more focused." Y/n replied, trying her best to make eye contact with Newt without zoning out.

"You need rest, I'll go get Theseus, wait here." Newt said before apparating away. Frizz, who had once again hidden in Y/n's hair came out as Y/n slumped down onto the table, quickly falling asleep. Frizz snuggled in between her arms and rested there, eyeing the man who came up to them.

"Let me move her to a bed." he whispered to Frizz who seemed ready to protect Y/n from him. Frizz hesitantly let him pick her up and move her upstairs to sleep in his room. He returned downstairs to see his brother sitting on one of the stools.

"What are you thinking? Letting a kid get involved in this?" he scoffed, quickly peering at the portrait of his little sister before moving to wipe a glass. Albus only seemed to smile a bit wider at the action.

══════════

When Y/n awoke it was dinner time and Frizz was busy trying to braid her hair. She briefly looked around the room before exiting and going downstairs, finding everyone in better spirits then before. The Qilin was playfully dancing as it interacted with Jacob.

"Y/n, you're awake! How was your nap?" Jacob asked as she knelt in front of the Qilin who turned to face her.

"I slept as well as I could." Y/n replied, not wanting to bother Jacob with the nightmares she had of the flames that always tormented her.

The baby Qilin, excited to see Y/n again, bounced happily in front of her before bowing towards her. Surprised by the sudden action, Y/n panicked. "Ah, no..." she whispered to the Qilin as it stood up again, "I'm honored you think that of me but I..." she didn't think herself to be a person with a pure heart, but the Qilin could not lie. Instead, she ignored the shocked stare of Jacob who had earlier had an explanation about Qilin from Dumbledore and hugged the baby Qilin before standing up.

"I-I'm hungry. What's for dinner?" She changed the subject as Theseus offered her to sit beside him. Aberforth put a plate in front of her and everyone else tried to hide their deadpan. 'Favoritism' they thought as they recalled the slimy mush they were served earlier, watching Y/n eat the slice of roast beef and yorkshire pudding that was placed on her plate.

— — — — — — — —

Y/n knew what Dumbledore asked her to do was something Newt would heavily be against, so it was a secret kept between the two of them. Before being transported to the election through an odd device Y/n had never seen before in the Room of Requirement, Y/n told Newt she would be the last one transporting.

Giving a hug to Newt before he left, Y/n took a deep breath, watching as everyone left before touching the device herself. Immediately feeling the sensation of being pulled like apparition. She ended up high on the roof and used the slight training Damian had taught her.

Seeing the people she was supposed to stun following Theseus and the lady who told her to call her Lally, she helped take them down at a distance, channeling her powers to aim at Grindelwald's... goons? Army? Y/n wasn't quite sure what to call them.

As one goon was behind Theseus and Lally, unaware of the still standing enemy, Y/n moved herself from her spot and swiftly kicked the goon. Then, using her powers, she yeeted the goon away just like she used to yeet Tim out the window. She turned to the adults that seemingly went silent at the display of her power.

"What? Is there something on my face?" Y/n asked as she advanced without them, running very fast. The two adults paused.

"At least now I know why Dumbledore let her join us."

"As a professor, I've learnt that you should never underestimate kids." Lally replied to Theseus, continuing on with their objective.

Y/n quickly tried to climb up the stairs, but there were so many of them she just started flying up them instead, keeping close to the stairs so she could start climbing them if she were to get caught.

Reaching the top, she found Jacob and went to him, Jacob trying to protect her from being seen by Grindelwald. A blond lady, Queenie, Y/n presumed from Jacob's past descriptions, came and tried to hide her from view as well.

They found themselves watching Grindelwald be announced Supreme Mugwump as a baby Qilin, without any life within it, bowed down towards him. She felt her heart drop as Grindelwald declared war on all muggles, but she knew this wasn't the end.

Everything seemed amplified. For a second she could hear Grindelwald's intentions as Queenie touched her shoulder before letting go. Everything slowed, and her fingertips slightly glowed as she encased Jacob in a thin, but strong Gojo barrier. She reached towards Jacob's hand to communicate to him.

'Mr. Jacob, Grindelwald is sending a very painful spell towards you, but you are protected. Act as if you were being electrified, drop to the ground once the spell seems to hit you, and scream in order to deceive him.' Y/n telepathically told him.

Time resumed and the Cruciatus Curse flew from Grindelwald's wand to Jacob, who followed Y/n's instructions. Queenie, unable to focus on reading anyone's thoughts as Jacob screamed, pleaded with Grindelwald to stop.

As the curse ended, Y/n knelt towards Jacob to help him up, him pretending to be struggling, but cheekily winked in Y/n's direction who slightly sighed in relief, unsure if her Gojo barrier held up properly.

Finally, the real Qilin was revealed by Bunty, who had Newt's case the whole time. She watched as the zombified Qilin died once again in another man's hands and he set the dead Qilin down to the ground.

Everyone watched as the baby Qilin wandered, made her way to Y/n and bowed down again. Y/n, who had now spent the most time with the Qilin, understood, and returned the bow, and the Qilin returned on its search and stopped at Dumbledore, but Y/n knew Dumbledore by now so she turned, keeping her mind on one goal.

Y/n went through the crowds and towards the dead Qilin on the ground. Stroking its head, she closed its eyes, "Sleep, and reunite with your mother." she whispered to it, with one last stroke, the Qilin's body turned into a spirit, and Y/n smiled, hearing its soul finally be freed to reunite with its mother.

Once she was done, she went towards the man who wore all black who had been watching her as she freed the dead Qilin's spirit. "Hello." Y/n whispered shyly, "You must be Credence, right?"

Credence nodded, unsure how to act around the teen but attempted to make small talk with her.

Newt, who had been watching like a protective father, was nudged by Theseus. "You sure that isn't your kid?"

"Very certain." Newt replied, his gaze not wavering from them, unsure if Credence would do anything to harm Y/n.

But it wasn't Credence Newt should have been worried about. It was Grindelwald, as he was overcome with rage that his plans had been foiled. That he had been stopped by Dumbledore's plans once again.

A light shot from Grindelwald's wand, heading towards Credence and Y/n. Y/n who had noticed, tried to quickly envelop Credence as well in a Gojo barrier. But before the light could hit them, both Dumbledore brothers interfered, sending their own spells to counter and to protect them.

Albus Dumbledore's blood pact broke as his spell met Grindelwald's, and he was quick to battle him. Seemingly even throughout the battle, Y/n could only watch in awe before Grindelwald decided to retreat.

Trying to help Credence stand up, Aberforth quickly approached them to help, taking Credence with him. Y/n, sensing his dying spirit, gave Credence a magic bracelet, to ease his soul during his final moments.

Suddenly, Y/n was engulfed in a worried hug from Newt, and Y/n returned it. "I guess trouble just follows us wherever we go Mr. Newt."

"I guess so," Newt replied, as he watched as Y/n's eyes traveled to the bracelet she gave him during his birthday.

"You kept it." Y/n said in shock, before performing a quick Scourgify on it to clean it.

"I never take it off."

══════════

Y/n laughed as she was being chased by Teddy and the Qilin, who desperately wanted to stay with Y/n, and Frizz who struggled to hang onto her hair. It was Jacob and Queenie's wedding day, and Y/n had congratulated them before playing with the magical beasts.

Y/n followed Newt when he left the building to see Dumbledore, sitting there on a bench. She allowed them to have their conversation, waiting at a distance with the Qilin who followed her. She played with the Qilin before feeling a pat on her head. She turned to see Newt smiling sadly at her.

"It's time for you to go home." Newt told her, carefully handing her a bag with an egg. Her eyes widened.

"This- this is-" Y/n held the bag carefully, Frizz coming down from her hair to gently knock the egg, trying to hear anything inside it.

"An Occamy egg, yes. I trust you'll take care of it very well. As well as this little girl." Newt patted the baby Qilin who had now snuggled his legs like a cat.

Y/n nodded, the familiar sparkle of determination that Newt had grown fond of shined in her eyes. Newt gave her one last hug before Y/n walked to Dumbledore, the Qilin following behind her.

"Luckily, I have managed to find a special time turner for you (as time turners are usually used to go back in time, and then back to one's original time), though I suggest you keep it, should a situation like this ever happen again." Dumbledore placed the time turner around her neck as Y/n carefully repositioned the bag carrying the egg, putting the bag straps on one shoulder and holding the Qilin with her other arm.

"I suppose earlier was not the last time I will be seeing Gellert." Dumbledore sighed, turning the time turner for Y/n and holding it in place.

"I'm afraid not professor." Y/n replied softly, knowing the history of Dumbledore and Grindelwald, but knew the consequences of messing with the past. Dumbledore, knowing that, said nothing further on the topic.

"I wish you best of luck in the future, Y/n L/n." and with that, Dumbledore let go and time moved forward, back to Y/n's time, in the middle of an empty street in New York.

Here's a few notes from this very long chapter!

- As much as Aberforth tries to hide it, he kind of sees Arianna in Y/n

- Theseus legit thought Y/n was Newt's kid considering her love for magical creatures as well

- Jacob really enjoys Y/n's company as she is always curious about his recipes and stories

- As to why the Qilin bowed again towards Y/n, the Qilin has spent its time with Y/n the most and can naturally feel Y/n's pure heart and views Y/n as a parental figure. So, bowing towards Y/n was the Qilin's way of asking Y/n if it could find another person with a pure heart, using her own as a reference. Y/n bowed back as if to allow the Qilin.

- Newt didn't bring Y/n with him to rescue Theseus because he was concerned for her safety. Reflecting on the events that happened, Newt is actually quite glad that he didn't bring Y/n, not only because it was dangerous, but because Y/n would most likely accidently adopt all the baby Blast-Ended Skrewts and end up having a large army following her around everywhere, threatening other people who walked close by and would probably get the attention of muggles.

I'm going on a month-long vacation, hence why I've left you with this long chapter, also as an apology for not updating in a very long while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541K 11.9K 39
"I never knew that my 16th birthday would change my whole life.." ---- On my 16th birthday I found out about my parents, but what should I do? Stay w...
355K 8.7K 48
I've been working on this story since I was 12, and 8 years later I'm finally gonna give it the ending it deserves. You start out as a Slytherin fir...
12.6K 186 22
This is disgusting, I hate myself...but go ahead read it. I'm Madison Mikaelson, daughter of Kol and Davina Mikaelson. I'm a siphoner or was. Everyth...
43.6K 1.4K 18
You are Y/N L/N and you're a wizard! Your first year at Hogwarts has come to an end and through a mix of skill and luck you've made it through. There...