Consequences

By studygroup

Could all those endless hours at swim practice pay off? It's time to test Celine's limit as she bolts for the... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Chapter Two

21 2 3
By studygroup

I had successfully avoided my mother, until she called me down for dinner time. With all the courage I gathered that day, I strolled down the hallway with my awfully done test in my hand.

Passing by the family pictures on the walls, I smiled mournfully at the one with my deceased father. He would forever be missed, as the day he passed was when the peace died, and insanity replaced my mother.

I sat down across from her painful gaze, carefully meeting it with my guilty expression. I placed the important test down beside my plate, quickly starting to shovel down my dinner as she agonizingly took the test beside me. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly as I chewed the food, which somehow always tasted like cinnamon no matter what it was.

I couldn't even attempt a second bite, as she had already started screaming at me. Lecturing me about my present, my future, my past. She was screaming so much, I felt a string of saliva flick my cheek. That's when I lost it.

I started screaming back, finally letting out all my bottled emotions. I had said so much so loudly that I was tasting blood, and I had never seen her complex so red before.

Without another word I gathered the test in my hand, running for the door.

"If you leave this household you'll have me do the unthinkable!" She threatened. But I pushed past her, yanking open the front door and sprinting outside down the street.

Eventually I was dry heaving and my legs felt too sore to run, so I sat down on a nearby thick rock. I looked down at my test shamefully, staring at the ugly 45%. With nothing else to do I opened the test to revise my answers, when a paper fell out.

I picked up the random ripped paper, to realize it's from Alex's notebook with all the information about the senior's party...

With a shrug of my shoulders, I got up from the rock and started walking towards the written down address. Having no idea of what was next. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
11.4M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
75.1K 1.6K 25
Alissa was sent away after being framed by her mother and twin sister. But when she gets arrested for the 4th time that week her family is called. Sh...
239K 9.9K 25
"မောင် မဆိုးစမ်းနဲ့ကွယ်" "ကျုပ်ကိုမချုပ်ခြယ်နဲ့"