In my best friend's Wedding...

By perilous_smile

No, it's not what you are thinking..... I don't suddenly realise that I love my best friend when I get the ne... More

Chappie 1 : The Most Awkward moment of the century
Chappie 2: Meeting the bride in the most unconventional way
chappie 4: making new friends and an Enemy
Chappie 5: Meal For Meal
Chappie 6: Surprise Surprise
Chappie 7: Playing Cupid has its Price
chappie 8: A day with the Devil; part 1
Chappie 9: A day with the devil part 2
Chappie 10: Revenge time
Chappie11: Ooops I forgot!!!
EDWARD'S P.O.V
chappie 12: The Unexpected
Chappie 13: An unwelcomed visitor
Chappie 14 : Turn of events
Chappie 15: Guilt and Confrontations
Chappie 16: Taking it out on neighbours
Chappie 17: Drunken haze
Chappie 18: Situation Red Alert

chappie 3: Meet Nathan, my brother

1.6K 44 13
By perilous_smile

So here is chappie 3... I'm so excited as the number of reads in my story is increasing slowly...but I still have a complaint though... why aren't you commenting after reading.... Please please please comment... whatever you feel about the story please lemme know...

Chappie 3: Meet Nathan, my brother.

Elena

I took a long look at myself in the mirror. I had dark hair which ended in light brown curls below the shoulder. I was gifted with a clear skin with brown eyes. Both of which I've inherited from my mother. I wasn't all curvy but just had them in the correct places. Yet I didn't consider myself beautiful, just attractive.

Yeah! I'm too modest to admit that I'm gorgeous so I leave it up to you to decide how beautiful I was.

A few years back I had discovered that make-up isn't that all bad. So I tried it on me and was shocked by the result. I realised that doing a little make-up not only highlights my features but also lifts up my spirit and gives me ogles of confidence. So, it had been my daily routine to apply lip gloss and mascara besides lining my lower eye with black kohl. It made my eyes stand out and added a little mischief to it I feel.

Secret no. 1: You'll catch me dead but without lip gloss and kohl. I mean really, I can survive without food for longer than I can ever survive without my basic make-up.

You must be thinking what party I was getting ready for. Well it wasn't exactly a party. This was organised by Chloe, Jessica's sister (not to mention that she was the maid of honour too...ooooohhh).

So basically this gathering was thrown so that the friends of the bride and groom could get to know each other well. Come on, we were supposed to work together the next few weeks until the wedding so I think it was a good idea Chloe came up with.

I was wearing a dark denim and a purple shirt with lacy flowers stitched at the borders. I was Ready for the party and was waiting for my brother (read jerk) Nathan. He was supposed to drive me to John's place since my princess, I mean my car, was in the garage. Nathan was two years older than me and likes to stay in his world most of the time. He doesn't interfere in my life and so I don't bother in his. Though sometimes I wish I knew my brother better.

I called him up for the eighth time in ten minutes---- yeah I know I'm a little impatient too. But hey! I blame it on my genes. My mom would check the oven thousand times when she'll be baking and my dad couldn't wait for the lift so he would walk up the stairs to his office, which by the way is on the seventh floor.

"How many times do I need to tell you that I'm COMING??" Nathan yelled from the other end of the phone. The voice almost deafening me.

"You're saying this from the past ten minutes and till now you haven't reached, bro." I argued back.

"I know sis. I'm on my way" he replied slowly.

"I don't care. Come fast. I don't wanna be late to the party" I said irritated.

"Sugar, you're always late anyways. And in case you're forgetting, let me remind you that I'm actually doing you a favour so just shut up and wait for me" he replied cooly.

"Whatever... Be quick or else......" I warned.

"You still don't have any other option than to wait for me honey", he said sweetly.

"Arrrggghhhhhh....." I shouted and disconnected the call in frustration.

Secret no. 2: I disconnect the call in such situations not only because I get angry; Also because I become speechless as to what to say and win the argument.

"Reply now or I'll throw the phone away, the jerk has infuriated me lot. Come back as soon as you can. I miss you" I typed in and sent the message to Edward.

A minute passed and he didn't reply.so I did exactly what I said.

I clutched my phone tightly in my hands for a moment and then threw it on the bed.

You'll see me doing this very often because people successfully manage to agitate me to a high level. As a result, all my anger gets directed towards my poor phone. Though I say sorry each time I bestow my wraths upon it, I still don't think I'll be ever forgiven for doing it shamelessly and repeatedly. Earlier my phone used to punish me and stop working for a few hours or something but then I guess, it just got used to my throwing fits and was now taking it sportingly. My brave little precious phone.

Not knowing what else to do, I re-applied my lip gloss and tied my hair in a messy braid which was my favourite casual look.

I started thinking about my relationship with Nathan. I don't know what went wrong between us. I mean, we used to be perfect fun loving siblings playing pranks together at one another and also on others. But somehow, somewhere, I lost my playful brother and found John taking up the brotherly act for me. John and me were close since then but never referred each other as brother or sister. The result is clear in front of you--- the hideous accusations about our relationship. Duh!

I brushed off those thoughts and went over to my desk and picked up my i-pod. I played the Justin Bieber playlist and started singing along ad swaying to myself. I got into the mood and started losing myself. I started thinking about John's wedding and the plans I needed to make. I definitely wanted to meet Jessica, in a much sober manner this time.

Oh, I forgot to tell what happened the other day when I was indirectly kicked out of John's house. Well I never returned with the food and movie. Though I knew they owed me big time as I had done them a favour. I can't really say they missed me or were even concerned as they never called up to ask about my whereabouts. Obviously, they were too "busy" and "pre-occupied" with themselves to mind my absence.

I don't remember how long I was dancing when I heard my name over the song. I was busy thinking so I didn't give it a much thought until I turned towards the door, still dancing.

I froze.

I saw my big brother standing near the door frame with an angry ....no...very angry...nah... Furious blue eyes. He had a deadly frown on his face. He looked intimidating with his back brushed dark hair and height advantage.

Oh boy! Elena, this must be the last moment of your life. And your death comes by the hands of your own brother" I thought.

It must be karma time for me. All those times of throwing the phone and smiling sweetly at Mrs Philips (our neighbour) while cursing her under the breath. All those were coming back at me now.

"Do you plan to waste my time, little sis or blame me later for being late to that party," he said bitterly.

"I didn't know you arrived" I replied quickly.

"Of course. How will you know? When you are busy dancing like a fool all by yourself," he spat.

I know you must be wondering how come Nathan, such a jerk be such a sweet girl-Elena's brother. Don't ask me how such a disaster happened. I believe he got exchanged at the hospital at birth. But he wasn't this bad always.

"Hey what is your problem, bro? Why so much hatred?" I asked. I couldn't take this bitter attitude anymore.

He didn't seem to be affected but just turned away.

"I'm going to the car. Come, if you wish to." He said and left.

I rolled my eyes at him and stomped after him towards the car.

"I'm sorry," he said as I sat in the passenger's seat.

Whoa!! He just apologised. I'm loving this moment. Let's continue the fun then. After all, I don't get Nathan to admit his fault every day.

I simply nodded, looking away from him.

"I'm having a little problem in my life now. Still I don't get the right to behave like that with you" he added.

I nodded again and looked outside the window. I was barely able to control my laughter.

"Forgive me?" he said

I nodded slightly again biting my lips and making a face as if I was contemplating what to do.

I know, I know I'm a 'little' dramatic. But hey! I've warned you about this before. Besides what is life without some fun and drama?

"Can you please be a less tough on someone who is already going through a tough time?" he said grumpily and shifting in his seat.

"Hmmmm," I said but this time I couldn't control the smile which escaped my struggle to control.

"Hey, I saw that, sister. Better practise your acting skills more in front of the mirror" he laughed.

"Alright! So that's the well concealed secret behind Nathan White's tough boy image. Now I get it why you take so long in the bathroom," I teased and pinched his cheeks slightly.

"Very funny. Ha ha ha..." he mocked and continued "let's go now or else you'll be late" he said.

And he became all serious again.

I hated it to be like this between us. Why was he like this? Damn you Elena! He just said he was going through a tough time. So of course that's the reason why he's being an ass more than usual.

Wait! My brother, my Nathan, was going through a tough time..... And I was just sitting here not knowing the reason.

I quickly reached out and held his hands. He looked up to me in confusion.

"As you said, I'm always late to parties......" I trailed off.

"So?" he asked and quirked an eyebrow.

"So..... I want to spend some time with my brother and know what is bugging him" I said sweetly.

"Oh that... nothing. None of your business" he quickly replied.

Ahan!! There was definitely something going on and I got all Sherlock to know what was going on in his life now.

"Bro, come on. Tell me" I pleaded.

He looked straight ahead.

"Tell me or you'll regret it later" I blackmailed.

"And how will that be, let me hear please" he said amused.

Alright so he thought I couldn't intimidate him. He was up for surprise then. After all I'd grown up now. I was 21.

"I will tell mom and dad that you are doing drugs" I said in a calm tone.

"What-t-t-t-t....!!?? But I'm not taking any drugs" he yelled.

"Oh I know that. But good luck with convincing our parents, bro. They'll surely check your room and make you do blood tests just to make sure that you're not taking any drugs" I said and smiled.

"You won't do that" he stated and narrowed his eyes at me.

"I wil,l if you don't co-operate and tell me the actual reason for your trouble" I said.

"I - I - I - I ..." he stuttered.

Oh this was going to be good.

"IthinkiaminlovewithChloe" he rushed the words so quickly that I hardly understood any of it.

"Nathan, speak English please" I said with a frown

He sighed and looked at me.

"I think I am falling in love with Chloe" he said slowly.

My eyes popped out as I took in each word that he said.

"Since when?" I asked.

"Since I met her at the mall with John and his fiancé'. I've been so hooked on her El. You won't believe I even followed her a few times" he said.

His face was full of tension and he was repeatedly running his hands through his hair.

"Relax. First of all, wow!! I never knew you could love someone. And secondly, never be a stalker or I'll personally call the police and report" I said.

His face became serious. I broke out in laughter after that.

Nathan obviously didn't find it funny and kept glaring daggers at me.

He doesn't have a good sense of humour like me. Not everyone is gifted like me, you see.

"You've to help me out here, okay?" he demanded.

"I think my ears are not working properly since I couldn't hear the MAGIC WORD.." I said while rubbing my ears and pretending not to be able to hear anything.

"You know you're so impossible El?" he said and smiled.

"Will you PLEASE help me with Chloe, little sis?" he said with fake chivalry and bowing little.

I giggled at that.

"Oh yeah! I will. Why not? I play cupids on Saturday and Sunday. so is it okay with you that I hit you and Chloe with love arrow on this Sunday as I'm a little busy on Saturday hitting some other couple" I said seriously.

"Why are you always joking around?" he sighed.

"Because, my dear old brother, life is all about fun or death" I said as I snaked an arm aound his shoulder.

"Whatever" he rolled his eyes and said "so you're actually going to help me El?" he asked.

"Yes. How many times do I need to tell you this to get it in your fat brain?" I joked.

"Promise?" he said

I wish he was my sister rather than my brother...because he definitely behaved like one now.

"Yeah, I promise" I said.

He looked in eyes to know if I really meant it. When he was sure I meant what I said, he smiled to himself.

"Thanks sis, it feels so light to get it off my chest, phew!!" he said.

He had relaxed now and it was clearly written over his face how happy he felt.

I smiled and said, "Don't expect me to help you without any favour though"

"Anything" he said and started the engine.

******************************************************************************

Hey if you are reading this then please let me know what you think of this story.

I know its not what you expected. But I wanted you to know about a love story which will be brewing during the wedding.

Also expect something fun and few characters to be introduced in the next chappie. Its already written and I just need to type/ will be posting within few hours.

Hope you'll find it worth waiting.

Till then... Comment...like...love...and vote....

Lots of luv,

Xoxo,

Shy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 911 24
This is a kT Fanfiction where in the lead character broke up with his first love during his graduation at High school without any closure, leaving hi...
31.6K 1.7K 27
|| Wattpad Featured || The Amby Awards Romance Winner ❤️ The perfect man just proposed and what was my answer? NO. Why? I'm too scared to get my hea...
21.3K 853 22
*04/06/2024 - 4th place in the Category 'Ex-boyfriend' 'A story of a girl in love with a boy who's in love with her best friend, and even with her fe...
667K 28.1K 52
Aria has been cordially invited to the wedding of the century . According to her mom . Her older sister is finally marrying her high school sweethear...