The Destruction of Raccoon Ci...

بواسطة AbelardoGuajardoG

Raccoon City was a town under the thumb of Umbrella. The virus washed over the city like a tidal wave and its... المزيد

Preface
Brief Endtroduction of Umbrella
Resident Evil 0 - Train Derailment
Resident Evil - Mansion Incident
Interlude
Episode 0: Last day of sanity
Episode 1: The Nightmare is Reborn
Episode 2: A little girl
Episode 3: From bad to worse
Episode 4: No time to rest
Episode 5: There is no end for the undead
Episode 6: Things are getting hot
Episode 7: Collapse
Episode 8: The Storm
Episode 9: You are late Uncle Sam
Episode 10: Dawn of the Dead
Episode 11: Tearing apart
Episode 12: Desperation
Episode 13: Bloodline
Episode 14: A cry for help from a Raccoon to a Snake
Episode 15: The arrival of the legendary soldier to the doomed city
Episode 16: A snake surrounded by wolves
Episode 18: A fight in the house of the law
Episode 19: Nemesis
Episode 20: Cursed Encounter
Episode 21: Unlikely allies
Episode 22: Cat and mouse
Episode 23: Hide and seek
Episode 24: Back to hell
Episode 25: Disappointments
Episode 26: A Snake looking for a new home
Episode 27: The Clock Tower
Episode 28: Jill Valentine vs. Nemesis
Episode 29: All the roads led to the hospital
Episode 30: Lights out
Resident Evil 2 - Memory of a Lost City
Episode 31: The last howl of the Wolf
Episode 32: The last dawn of Raccoon City
Episode 33: The Grave Digger
Episode 34: Bad news to come
Episode 35: The Last Battles
Episode 36: The Last Survivors
Episode 37: The Last Escape
Aftermath
Resident Evil: Code: Veronica - Game of Oblivion

Episode 17: A fire without firefighters to extinguish

24 0 0
بواسطة AbelardoGuajardoG

27 of September of 1998. Jill's apartment, Raccoon City, United States. 10:27 A.M.

Jill woke up, feeling sleepy. The pills that she has been using to sleep started to loose effect on her. She couldn't determine if it was because her body was becoming resistant toward the drug or because the thrill, tension and horrors that she has been facing since the outbreak of the virus.

A little sense of pessimism invaded her when she heard the sirens of police cars and firefighters trucks. Besides the best efforts of the police, hers, the military and even Umbrella, the things were only getting worse with the time. There was no end for the undead and each person that was killed was added to their files, as well that the source of the outbreak hasn't been found get and less the creation of a vaccine.

However, Jill took those ideas away. She needed to have faith and be strong. For herself, for the people that was still alive in Raccoon City, for her police comrades that were still on duty and the once that died and were dying in the service of duty. She went to the bathroom, did her necessities, ate a fast breakfast, took her eight-pocket belt with her guns and went out of her apartment, going go the undead concrete jungle that was Raccoon City to do everything that she could to help and restore a little of order in the city.

She went out of her apartment building and found out that the top floors of the building nest to the cinema were on fire and the firefighters and the police officers were working to turn it off. Jill noticed that the numbers of police officers were less than yesterday, as well that the number of firefighters was very low. She quickly went to the one that seemed to the captain of the firefighters.

-Sir, where is the rest of your men?- Jill asked.

-Or too fright or too dead to come. We have lost a lot of men due to those zombies and I don't blame the ones that decided to stay on their homes or to escape this condemned city- the captain said.

Jill didn't continued the chat and instead asked for direction to help to turn off the fire. The captain ordered Jill and a group of police men to put the fire hose in a hydrant in order to get more water. They were on their for the hydrant when they started to heard several screams and gunshots.

-We need backup now! These things are fast!- a police officer shouted while firing.

Jill and several police officers attended the call for help and went as fast as they could to the blockade, where they found that several Hunters were attacking the police officers that were making guard in the outer side of the blockade. The police officers were shooting to the Hunters, which quickly jumped in zig zag to evade the shoots while approaching them. It was a great group of Hunters, like 6 or 7 of them.

-"What the...!? I have never seen so many of them together before. They must have learned to hunt in groups. But from where they come from, from an Umbrella lab? Or they have been deployed by Umbrella?"- Jill thought while tacking her Assault Shotgun out.

Most of the bullets failed to hit the Hunters and the ones that managed to hit them did in the arms or legs, so the Hunters quickly get up and continued their way to the police men, reaching them in seconds. The Hunters attacked the police officers with their claws, cutting their throats and with some even managed to cut their heads.

-No!- Jill shouted while firing to a Hunter, saving a pair of police officers that took their distance while firing toward the reptilian monster, killing it.

Some police officers managed to get into the bar and close the doors while others get into their patrols and turned them on with hope to roll over the creatures. But the Hunters were smart and they knew to fight, so they jumped and dodged the car, which crashed into a paramedic truck.

The windows of the car were shattered and injured the cops that were inside. The Hunters walked toward them to attack them but they received many gunshots from behind from the police men that were in the other side of the blockade, injuring of gravity one of the Hunters.

This angered the Hunters, which jumped over the car to then make a great jump, passing over the fence of the blockade. Jill pointed and shot one of the Hunters in head. The body of the monster fell in the other side of the fence, but the other Hunters managed to reach them.

Jill the shot to another Hunter, launching it away and then shot another in the leg. She turned around and one of the Hunters was about to stab her, but she quickly rolled to the right, dodging the deadly attack of the reptilian, who was then riddled by the police officers.

But this didn't mean that the things were easy for Jill, because another Hunter jumped to her and managed to put her in the floor. There the ungodly reptilian monster tried to bite Jill, who was pushing him with her arms and kicking him to get him off her. Jill desperately kicked the Hunter to save her life, managing to move the head of the Hunter a few inches away, enough distance for her to took her knife and stab it in the head of the Hunter.

Dizzy, the Hunter started to walk backwards, something that Jill took approach to stand up and took out her Samurai Edge, firing to the head of the Hunter several times until killing it. Then she heard the war cry of a Hunter. She turned around and saw the Hunter ready to jump to attack her. She prepared herself and the reptilian monster jumped, but it was quickly shot by a shot gun shot that launched it into the fence.

-Jill!- a policeman with her Assault Shotgun shouted –take it!-

He then launched the Assault Shotgun to her and she caught it. The wounded Hunter was standing up but it was then topped by Valentine.

-Thanks!- Jill said.

A pair of Hunter jumped over the blockade and managed to scratch a pair of policemen that were fighting the others that were already there. Before they could give them the fatal flow Jill shot one of them and killed it, gaining the attention of the remaining Hunter while some police officers took their wounded comrades inside the bar so they could be safe.

The remaining police officers, alongside Jill, formed a perimeter and managed to eliminate most of the Hunters with a rain of bullets. Some Hunters jumped to attack their preys from above, but they were shot down by the gunshots of the police, which among them was Jill, who was shooting each Hunter that was jumping to attack her companions. One, two... they were falling as flies. Another Hunter jumped to attack Jill. She pressed the trigger. But then a problem occurred. The Assault Shotgun charger was empty.

-Fuck!- Jill shouted angered –look out!-

She didn't had any choice to roll backwards to dodge the attack of the Hunter, which was so strong that the creature got to stab his right claw at the ground and was unable to take it out, but the creature used it's free hand to punch the police men that were near it. The police quickly eliminated it and moments later they eliminated the complete horde of Hunters.

They counted the killed police men and the casualties surpassed more than 10. Jill noticed that most of the police officers were wearing dirty and sweaty clothing, as if their didn't or couldn't return to home to rest a little bit.

-Damn, we are reduced to less than the half of the forces here- a police woman said.

-Can we try to go to the Police Station for backup?- Jill asked.

-We tried to go the RPD but all the ways were crowded with zombies, so we fall back. I don't want to be pessimist but the RPD is terminated and maybe we are the only police left in this dead city- a police man said in a pessimist way.

-No...- Jill said feeling depressed.

But their sad thoughts were interrupted by the captain of the firefighters, which requested their help to turn off the fight. Jill and more police officers went to help, moved the hose and connected it to the hydrant and opened the valve, holding the hose while the water was getting out at high pressure, starting to suffocate the flames.

Some minutes of this passed and the flames seemed to reduce, but then a firefighter, which was being attacked by a zombie engulfed in flames, fell from a window of one of the levels in flames and crashed in the floor, dying while the zombie, who was being consumed by the fire, was still eating him. Jill quickly killed the zombie with a shot in the head.

-My God, those fucking things again!- the captain shouted angrily.

-Captain, there are more of your men in that building?- Jill asked.

-Yes- the captain said.

-I will go for them- Jill said to then go to board the firefighter truck.

-Hey, what are you doing!?- the captain said.

-I will save the remaining firefighters and any remaning survivor!- Jill shouted.

-It's too dangerous to go and more if you are not wearing the proper protection!- the captain replied.

-I know- Jill said while going up stairs.

She then entered to one of the windows of one of the rooms in which the fire was turned off. However, the room was still pretty hot as well that it was coming black smoke and heat from the rooms in which there was still fire on them. Jill reloaded her weapons and started to advance with her handgun ready. All the room was black and some parts were consumed by the fire, so she proceeded with caution. She saw a pair of carbonized bodies, one of them was hard to determine who he was but the other one was a firefighter.

-Shit!- Jill shouted.

At each of her steps the wooden floor creaked. The S.T.A.R.S. lady didn't knew if it was because of the floor was old or because the fire weakened it. She advanced with caution and when she pressed a part of the floor with her left foot, breaking that part of the floor and almost made her fall, but she managed to recover herself and advance.

She crossed to another room where she found the burned body of a woman. Jill advanced but stopped when she heard some steps behind her. She turned around and found that the body of the woman turned into a zombie and was slowly advancing toward her. Jill quickly killed her without a problem.

Valentine managed to reach the corridor, which some parts were still in flames and the black smoke was bigger. Moment later she heard some steps coming at high speed at her direction. She turned around and saw a Crimson Head breaking a door and coming at her direction.

Jill fired some bullets to the creature but suddenly the floor below the reddish zombie collapsed and he fall into the lower floor. Jill peeked out to see if the creature was living and, yes, it was still alive, with most of its body broken, but still very alive.

-Damn thing...- Jill said with anger while firing the bullet that killed the creature.

-Get of me you bastard!- a man shouted.

-A survivor!- Jill said.

She quickly ran to the source of the noise, finding that it was inside at an apartment with its door closed. Jill tried to open it but the doorknob was still very hot and she only managed to burn herself, so she fired to the doorknob, destroying it and then opened it, letting her see a firefighter with an axe hitting a zombie in the head with the axe while protecting some people, including infants. There were some zombie corpses in the floor as well that the firefighter had his clothing stained with blood, so Jill guessed that the firefighter managed to kill those zombies.

-Who are you?- the firefighter asked.

-Jill Valentine, from S.T.A.R.S. I came to get you of out of here- Jill said.

The firefighter and the people followed Jill, who lead them to the exit from which she came. There the firefighter, alongside with the firefighters outside, managed to evacuate the people and the firefighter went to the stairs.

-Aren't you coming?- the firefighter asked.

-There are more firefighters or survivors here?- Jill asked.

-I don't know- the firefighter said.

-I will stay to find more survivors- Jill said.

-Well, I wish you luck- the firefighter said starting to descend through the stairs of the firefighter truck.

Jill returned to the corridor and jumped the hole that the Crimson Head caused moments later. She went to the closed door and kicked it, opening it at high speed. The room was destroyed by the fire, in fact some parts were still on fire and the residents of the apartment, alongside a firefighter, were dead, crushed by the ceiling, which were on flames.

Saddened by her finding, Jill went out of that apartment and explored the rest, that were at that floor, founding that in some of there were inhabited by zombies which were quickly killed by her. In one she entered just in time to see a zombie pulling apart a big part of the neck of a firefighter.

-No!- Jill shouted firing to the zombie.

The zombie fell into the ground almost at the same time as the firefighter. Jill quickly went to the firefighter in the hopes of saving his life, putting her blouse in the neck of the injured man in hopes of saving him, but it was in vain. The man dying just moments after. Jill cried and shouted a big cry of sadness and impotence. This situation, the outbreak of Raccoon City, it was simply too much for her and for everyone.

-I'm sorry- Jill said with tears in her eyes while stabbing the head of the dead firefighter to avoid his transformation into a zombie –I'm so sorry-

She then stood up and dried her eyes. She went out of the room and then heard several cries calling for help. They were coming from the upper level. As fast as she could, she went upstairs and opened the door to the corridor, founding that it was on flames, with a lot of black smoke and some firefighters pushing back some zombies while other were trying to open a door. Jill rapidly killed the zombies thought she started to cough.

-Miss, you should get out of here- one of the firefighters said to her.

-No *cough* I came here to help. I am from S.T.A.R.S.- Jill said.

-Well, if you are going to be here, please stand aside and use this- one of the firefighters told her giving a her a breathing mask.

Jill put it on and she started to breath well. She started to get closer but it was too hot for her. Moments later one of the firefighters managed to break one of the doors, just to find a female zombie, burning in fire, breaching the door from the other side. The zombie scared the fire fighter and put him on the floor.

Valentine pointed the gun to the head of the zombie, but the undead was moving so fast that she couldn't have a clear shoot. The other firefighters went to pull off the zombie of their teammate as well that they tried to avoid being bitten by the zombie or burn by the flames that were burning the undead creature. They finally managed to push the zombie away, launching her to the flames that were at the bottom of the building. There Jill finally managed to kill the creature with a pair of shots.

They looked inside the room, but there was no one else but corpses and the mortal flames that were expanding, menacing to burn the entire building and menacing it's residents to turn them into ashes. The firefighters then breached another door and this time they founded civilians. They moved out and Jill lead the people to the lower floor to take them out of the building.

However, she couldn't took them to the window from where she entered, since it was a big hole in the floor and she couldn't launch or force them to jump a big distance, so she went to another department and went to the window, from there she called out for help to the firefighters that were on the streets.

-Over here!- she shouted.

The firefighters noticed her and moved the truck to her position to then evacuate the civilians. This didn't took them so much time and then Jill went upstairs to bring support to the firefighters, founding that a pair of them were being attacked by a pairs of zombies in flames while the others were pushing and pulling other zombies that were burning.

Jill quickly pressed the trigger and killed many zombies as possible, since some of them were moving a lot while trying to bite the firefighters. The firefighters that now were free of their undead attackers helped their partners and attacked the head zombies using their axes, saving their comrades.

They dragged out the injured ones and, with Jill's help, they managed to evacuate the building. Now in the streets Jill could took a little breath and moment to rest while the paramedics were attending the injured people. However, she became worried when she heard that the paramedics started to discuss in private, so she decided to went to them.

-What is happening?- Jill asked.

They looked around to see if anyone could heard them.

-Let's talk inside the van- one of the paramedics said.

They went inside of the van, in which they could be in a more private place.

-We are lacking of supplies- one of the paramedics explained.

-What!? And why you didn't went to the hospital for more!?- Jill asked shocked.

-We tried to contact the hospital since yesterday, but we didn't got any response since the evening of yesterday. We already knew that the hospital was overrun with injured and sick people and we even got new that they had to trap some rooms in which the people got turned into those freaks- the other paramedic explained.

-Since it is obvious that the hospital has fallen we decided to stay here, which is one of the few safe zones of Raccoon City and we don't dare to get out of here- the paramedic explained.

-We have supplies for 4 or 5 people, so we won't be able to help properly all the injured people that have received- the other paramedic said.

Jill remained silent, feeling very stressed and desperate knowing now that the hospital became now an infested nest for the zombies, as well that she understood very well the fear of the paramedics. Raccoon City became a killing zone with a few safe heavens that were struggling to survive the continuous attacks of zombies and other ungodly creatures while hoping for the arrival of the military help that wasn't seemed close to get there. Valentine was thinking in a solution to the medical shortage when an idea came to her mind.

-I have an idea. Please attend the people while I come back with the supplies- Jill said getting out of the paramedic van.

She then returned to her building and started to call door by door, but not with the intention to ask her neighbors to help by giving some of their medical supplies but for to check for the departments that were left and check for the medical supplies that could be in there. It could be contradictory that a police woman came with the idea to violate private property, but that was a desperate moment that required desperate measures.

This took Jill some hours between the scared people that took their time to open, thinking that the one that was at the other side of the door was a zombie, the time that took Jill opening the doors with her lockpick, making honor to her tittle "Master of Unlocking", as well that some of the departments were now inhabited by zombies, which Jill eliminated to clean her department from the evil creatures.

Jill noticed that some of the left departments were already looted, probably from neighbors that knew that the previous habitants of the departments didn't returned or were dead, so she didn't had any luck on those departments, just finding the leftovers of the previous plunders. Jill asked herself how she didn't noticed it, but then she answered herself that her job took her from her building and at the end of each dead she was so tired that the only thing that she would do was

In others she was very lucky and found not only several medical supplies like alcohol, pills, green herbs, blue herbs, red herbs, yellow herbs, disinfectants and tourniquets, but also some guns and ammunition, putting the medical stuff in one bag and the ammunition in the other.

In one of the apparent left departments Jill found out that an entire family (2 kids, a mother and a father) was dead, with a hole in their heads, in front of the TV, which was on in the news channel and, in one of the walls, was a message written with blood "GOD FORGIVE US". Jill examined the bodies and found that the man had the homicide gun, with a silencer, in his hands.

-"Judging from the decomposition of the bodies I can say that they killed themselves days ago. How no one noticed this? Why I didn't noticed this before?"- Jill thought when the TV claimed her attention.

It was the Channel 3, with the TV host David Barrows, who looked at that moment very tired, with a face that showed his sorrow, very worried and impotence at the terrible situation that was taking place in the city. He had his eyes red, not knowing Jill if was because he was tired or because he was trying to hold his tears. He wasn't wearing his coat and his white shirt was very wet, dirty and messy, as well with the tie.

-Lucas, are we on?- David asked while walking and reading some papers.

-Yeah, we're still on- Lucas said behind the camera.

-*Sigh*- David said sitting –it's been confirmed from several sources that the destruction of Raven's Gate Bridge was in fact on purpose and not an accident. We don't know if this was made as an strategy of the US government or the initiative of the Umbrella Corporation, as well as if this is to keep people from getting in or getting out and may never be known. Within the next minutes, we'll be transferring responsibilities to the Raccoon Emergency Broadcast System. We now have an audio some would say, the final audio message to the people of Raccoon City-

As the message progressed, David looked more devastated and about to cry.

-My fellow Americans from Raccoon City- Bill Clinton said in the audio message –Raccoon City faces a crisis like no other in it's history. While the lights across this great land dim and the darkness of an uncertain future descends, let us not forget the words that led our country though another great challenge: "we have nothing to fear but fear itself". We will endure. We will rebuild. We will drive away the night and warm our children in the dawn of a new day. God bless you all and God bless the United States of America-

-Honey- David said while holding himself –I'm coming home. Get the kids ready now, I'll be there soon-

David stood up, left the papers on the desk and then went out of the camera sight while a phone on the studio was ringing. Suddenly the image of the transmission changed and shoed the acronym of the REBN, Raccoon Emergency Broadcast Network. Jill turned off the TV and, feeling as well devastated by the news, she turned off the TV and proceeded to check the rest of the departments of the building, finding more medicine, ammo and zombies. After finishing she went down and distributed the findings among the paramedics and her police companions, staying with them to make guard and fighting zombies for the rest of the day. At the end of the day Jill had her clothes so dirty and sweaty that she changed them for her favorites: a blue tube top with a dark grey/black skirt and brown boots. Since she had problems to sleep she took many pills to finally sleep. More than she really needed.

Operation Report (continuation)

September 27th

1:00 PM. The west barricade has been broken through and another exchange ensued. We sheltered the injured in the confiscation room on the first floor temporarily. Twelve more people were injured in the battle.

Recorder: David Ford

—Additional Report—

Three additional people were killed following the sudden appearance of an as of yet unknown creature. This creature is identified by missing patches of skin and razor-like claws. However, its most distinguishing characteristic is its lance-like tongue, capable of piercing a human torso in an instant. Their numbers as well as their location remains unknown. We have tentatively named this creature the "licker" and are currently in the process of developing countermeasures to deal with this new threat.

David's Letter

My sanity is at its end... I still can't believe this is happening. We lost another man yesterday. Meyer; one of our better marksmen. He saw me panic once we were overrun by the zombies, but he came back to save me.

But when the time came to return the debt, I ran. I can still hear him calling out my name. I can still hear the screams coming from behind. The sound of his flesh being stripped from its bones. I was afraid... terrified...

It's the 27th. The fight to stay alive continues. I took out several zombies who managed to break through the barricades. Now I'm cutting through the chill with whisky, unloading my Mossberg on anything undead. That shotgun's become a close friend of mine. I've blasted many a zombie into fertilizer with it.

We've lost 13 men as of yesterday. In 3 hours, we'll bicker over trivial things in the meeting room. It's a total waste of time. When I finish this bottle, my old friend Mossberg will be turning one last body into fertilizer. Peace at last. I can hardly wait.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

102K 4.2K 76
A virus has been released in a university outside of Raccoon City. Affecting almost everyone during that same day. The U.B.C.S (Umbrella Biohazard Co...
2K 100 11
Jill Valentine x Female Reader "Captivated by the vivid memories of you, my heart holds onto the restless dream we shared, never letting go." Life in...
12.8K 277 16
LEON ART IN BOOKS COVER: @everglaid_ -Twitter or MistFighter -DeviantArt - Female reader! Unless you can change pronouns as you read - After a serio...
12.2K 312 25
You (the reader) are Claire Redfield's son. You are also the result of an Umbrella experiment gone awry, The Disaster of Raccoon City.