A Tale Of Love (On Hold)

By ironlegoinaire

He came stumbling down to my chambers drunk. Totally, utterly drunk. "What are you doing here ?" I shout out... More

PLEADING
THE NIGHT OF BATTLE
CHARACTER INFO
SURYAGADH
LETTER
INTRUDER
ABHI-RAJ
CHITRA
THE GOLDEN WOLF
THE STARLESS NIGHT
PLOTTING
RETEKA
CHAOS OF MINDS
SESHACHALAM FOREST RANGES
BAD NEWS
MOLE OR MOLES
THE PROPOSALS
THE ATTACK I
THE ATTACK II
THE ATTACK III
EMERGENCY MEASURES
A FAILED PROPOSAL
THE NIGHT MARKET
SECRET EXCURSION
OLD MEMORIES

SENT AWAY

117 3 5
By ironlegoinaire

MAHARAJ AYUDHIK

"The militial advisory council wants to meet with you Maharaj." The one of my gaurds said as I sat on my table in my outer chambers, writing a letter to the old man which sounded more like warning. "Send them in." I asked in no nonsense tone of mine which is suprisingly yet not so suprisingly devoid of any emotions or coldness. After ruling for few months that cold voice of mine will only suit for departmental analysis and reprimanding criminals. But I was still unable to wipe out the permanent smile sticked to my face which still made others wary of me. "Maharaj." I noted how only five out of the six members are present and how only Sumraj stood while other four sat without permission. Why do have a feeling that this people don't count me as a king.

"Maharaj. We still have no information or clues about the impersonator." Maha Mantra said as I nodded still continuing with my letter. "We are not able to find from where it came or where it gone." Maha Mantri added with a small hint of irritation in his voice. Infront of his eyes I am just another spoil brat who can't handle a single issue of kingdom without proper advice. Only if he know I am the one handling entire plans of Vijay Sena who I don't think any of the royal families had got a single piece of information about. "Hmm." I said dipping my metal tipped peacock feather into the ink well writing the letter for old man. I can practically feel their glares burning in my head but I choosed to ignore them.

"You are not understanding the severity of the situation Maharaj." Another of my father's commander said banging his hand on the table making my ink well shake and spill a bit of ink on the rosewood table. I calmly wrote the last letter on the letter and let it dry on the table. Looking for the candle for sealing the letter with my seal. I can feel the tension roll off in waves from Maha Mantri. He is the one of only few who had faintest of idea what really conspired after Bhumi Maa's death. He calmly stood up and stepped back already knowing that if this continued then one of them is gonna lose something here. "Here." Hidden Ace spoke suddenly materialising out of nowhere which made all the people jump in fear.

"Thanks." I said as I carefully folded the letter and sealed it. I set it on the table. I kept my elbows on the table with my fingers interjected with each other. "I think I asked you all to leave at the first ray of dawn." I asked coldly looking at each and every member in the presence. They looked at me through annoyance and irritation. Not a wonder Gayatri left leaving this buffons here. She is the sharpest brain in Devgiri military. "Due to current circumstances we thought you will need us all here." Devant ji said as if I am a boy born yesterday and don't know who much my father is trying to limit my control and order over Suryagadh. The rope got burnt but the force did not.

"The impersonator you were talking about is currently laying somewhere in a ditch. So stop worrying about the circumstances and leave for Devgiri." I added nonchalantly but I can feel the change of emotions inside. "You killed the impersonator. That was absurd Maharaj. That person must be introgated for info." Another commandar yelled. I recognised him very well. One of my father's personal gaurd. Before I can say anything to counter him Devant said out. "That's what happen when we give irresponsible people responsibilities. I was against giving this crown to a stupid eighteen year boy who has been fooling around for god knows where." He shouted standing up from the couch.

As soon as he yelled out a eeiry silence spread through out my chambers. I heard Maha Mantri curse under his breath at Devant's foolishness. I glared at him the ever-present smile vanished off filling my eyes with menacing anger. I was so close to get up and teach this people their places when a glass vase came flying and hit Devant on his temple making him stagger back and lean on the couch for support. My eyes moved to the direction where the vase was kept to find a very much enraged Reteka was standing on the entrance of my chambers with murderous look in her eyes. I can practically see Aditi in her. She used to have same look in her eyes when someone pissed her off.

My eyes followed her gaze to Devant who was standing with clenching his bloody forehead. Sumraj was beside his father glaring at Reteka. From his gaze I can tell he is going to do something which will make him regret later. As he took steps in her direction but I got up and within three steps put myself between him and her. Silently gesturing Hidden Ace to be on alert. Sumraj glared at me. "Maha Mantri what is the punishment for yelling and disrespecting a person of royal family." I called him out my gaze not moving from Sumraj. He glared at me. Insolence and disrespect still flickered in his eyes like the authority flaring in mine.

"Death. You....r Highn..ess." I can feel the slight nervousness and fear in his voice. "And calling the King illegible for his position." I asked again as the tension in room became more and more solid. "It is unn...heard ..off Maharaj." He replied in is shaky voice. "All the members who spoke here or to put it more properly yelled are banished from capital of Suryagadh. And ask all the ministers and officials Maharaj Arun sent here to get lost as well before the sunset. They are being replaced." I ordered in absolute authority not giving anyone a chance to speak out. I thrown off one tranyt ruler not throw the people directly under another.

"And tell him. If I found any spy of Devgiri in my premises or anywhere near me. They will not get away with just a blind eye or missing tongue but straight off missing head. Suryagadh is a entirely free kingdom under my authority. Next time you won't be as lucky to just get away with a bleeding head Devant." I said as I retired to my inner chambers. Reteka following me hot on her heels. Trying to keep up with me even with the great height disparities. Once we reached inside where no one is allowed to enter without my permission. My personal quarters. Reteka stood infront of me her hands beside her. Her expressions stotic and breathing regular. She stood stiff not moving to the couch to sit upon. I observed her and sat on the armchair.

"Care to explain the reason why you gave Devant a bleeding head." I asked trying to hide the pride in my voice. She went from a timid and abused girl to a princess who can burst open forehead of one of the most feared general in Devgiri within a short span of few months. She gave me amused look. "You were seconds from ripping his throat of tongue out Maharaj. I am merely protecting him." She said simply which made me smile at her intelligence. She sensed the exact thing I had in my mind. If her growth continued at this rate I am sure it won't be far away we will have a all female militia headed by her.

"You didn't came here just to see me right." I asked my gaze narrowing on her but she stood tall as a mountain against sky. "I am worried about my sister Maharaj. She won't let any of us come near her." She explained her worry. In all this trouble I nearly forgot about Chitra. "And as well. Sumraj ji is hitting on my sister Lekhya." She added with a grimace. I let out a chuckle. "Let me know if he ever crossed the boundaries." I said leaning back as she bowed and left the chambers. I stood up and walked to window looking at the Chand Mahal in middle of the beautiful gazebo of flowers. Only a few know that a few know that Chand Mahal was made for my wife. The future queen of Suryagadh.

LEKHYA RAJPUT

"I will deliver this to Maha Mantri." I said giving a small smile to the poor newly appointed internal affairs officer. I doubt any of them had returned to their homes in last week. "Thank you Lekhya ji." He said trying to return my smile which didn't reached his eyes. It will correct if I say we are highly understaffed and overworked. But we won't be able to welcome new interns till after the imperial exams. All the officials and ministers are overworking excluding this idiots who is currently following me. "What do you want ?" I said turning back irritated at this Dumbass following me like idiot. "I didn't went back to Devgiri." He said scratching his neck awkwardly.

"Then what should I do ?" I asked irritation dripping from my voice. "Nothing." He said angrily as I turned around and remused my walk towards the royal secretariat where Maha Mantri and all the cabinet ministers work. "Why are you ignoring me ?" He said catching my elbow which made me stumble. All the ledgers fallen from my hand spreading over the ground. I quickly bended down and began collecting them before they fly away. "Leave it." Sumraj said helping me to collect them. He caught my wrist again stoping me from leaving. "What the hell is your problem ?" I said at him.

"Come with me to Devgiri." He announced suddenly. "No." I retorted immediately. "I want to marry you." He said stepping closer. I immediately took few steps back. "Mind your actions Senapati. I have absolutely no interest in your propositions. Please don't make me complain to his majesty." I said my voice dripping with anger as I snatched the ledgers from his hands and walked off to my destination. I just left one cage not to enter into another one. Like me or not. Maharaj Ayudhik had shown me a vision where I can actually help the people of my kingdom and fulfill my duties of a princess. There is no away I am gonna put the key of my life into another's hand. 

HIDDEN ACE

I looked out from my hide out. Carefully observing the drama unfold beneath me. Sumraj looked dishearten while Lekhya was fluming. In Chand Mahal Rajkumari Chitra is lost herself in a darken abyss while Maharaj Ayudhik are deep into Vijay Sena and administration of Suryagadh. It is the perfect time for me to act up. By the time they will have slightest of idea what's going on I will be far away. My plan is surely working well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8M 458K 95
Sitting on the bed, I was waiting for my husband to arrive. It was our wedding Night. I rolled my toes as the visuals of him slowly touching my cheek...
468 24 51
--Updated weekly-- "Why are you following me?" "I am free to roam anywhere within Barracks, am I not?" "Aldaire will be displeased if he sees us tog...
948 58 9
"You can't expected to be so far i was thinking to run away from you, but unfortunately you have spoiled my wish" I knew well what i was saying and i...
29.2K 1.4K 30
Dedication : To all the girls out there who're looking for a men who loves in the day and fucks at the night with the same passion.... Divya...., A g...